North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Canary Yellow;321507 said:
Talking about grape vines, I have it on good authority that Steve Brne has walked out on Willy CYMS and will not play again this year. Any truth to the rumour??? Will he head back to Albion?

Hope they don't even entertain the idea of letting him back.

Also, Greenvale are too good of a side to lose the last two. They will still make it. Look for Iness to get a big score when it counts.

fredbassett;321164 said:
heard on the grape vine that if seddon got relegated they be looking at joining the willi comp:

Were did you get this from ? , nothing could be further from the truth, as i have spoken to some blokes who play there

slow medium;321545 said:
Were did you get this from ? , nothing could be further from the truth, as i have spoken to some blokes who play there

I've heard it as well mate, not the club or anything just over cricket from what i've been told. Pretty reliable source.

2time;321553 said:
I've heard it as well mate, not the club or anything just over cricket from what i've been told. Pretty reliable source.

That's interesting as I play there and on the committee, news to me

ROY G BIV;321021 said:
Mr Lookout...how r u blokes travelling, still believe will win last 2 n aviod relegation or the club is resigned to their fate.

EK and parkville i believe from an outsider looking in on these games u should be a chance in both if the mindset around the club is to fight and avoid the drop.

On all this contriving results business what are teh chances of you blokes coming down with an arrangement (meaning early declaration ala the flemington game as u describe it)with parkville which could gift them atleast bonus points needed for finals birth or even an outright...Don't get me wrong i am not saying u'll take a fall : ) But if u guys need outright to survive and in doing so declare early and hand parkville a finals birth?

Im out injured and havent been around the club for couple of weeks now so not 100% on mentality of team but everyone plays to try and win the 2 games or why would you show up..... EK this week is a huge game (for both teams) and if we win that we'll go to the last game with a big show of surviving - I mean Albion were bottom last week and now some people are tipping them to make finals so its all pretty close still...

If both teams needed an outright I wouldnt personally be against some sort of declaration arrangement in last round, you gotta do what you gotta do, but doubt it will happen... i certainly wouldnt expect either side to do each other a favour, just act in your own interests and see what is needed - we hardly have the most penetrative bolwing line up at moment (other than the import) so wouldnt want to be bolwing last with a target set......

slow medium;321556 said:
That's interesting as I play there and on the committee, news to me

I used to play against Seddon years ago they used to be a powerhouse club,now they are struggling on the field,any reason for that bud????? Any juniors down there????:confused:

hussler;321664 said:
I used to play against Seddon years ago they used to be a powerhouse club,now they are struggling on the field,any reason for that bud????? Any juniors down there????:confused:

Started juniors again about 5 years ago, at the under 11 level, now have 3 junior sides with a couple of the kids coming through the 4ths, I think the problem was that Seddon, Yarraville was a older suburb, however over the last few years we have picked up alot of new players who have shifted into the area, however none have been really gun players. Hopefully can turn it around, makes it hard on the older guys who still play in the ones, who played there 10 years ago.

This Sunday StAlbans cricket club are playing host to a 20/20 game between Melbourne Storm and the Western Bulldogs.
Game will be starting around 3:00 at Kings Park reserve.
All the big names are playing from both clubs so a big crowd is expected.

The VTCA has confirmed that this week will not be called off due to the forecast. We must report to the ground and follow the extreme heat procedures (i.e. call the Melbourne Weather line x1196 prior to play and every half hour during play).

Looks like a long and windy day ahead

Few games vying for match of the rnd status this rnd.
All games have an effect on finals and relegation battle. Every now and then folks whinge about bonus points in VTCA but I think it all makes the season more interesting and produces rnds like these. Ofcourse if ur on the wrong side of the ledger after rnd 11 you can have valis reason for concerns with how clubs can manipulate things.

Footscray United v East Keilor
I am tempted to tip FootUNited but onthelookout’s response or lack of it, on how the club was travelling can’t give much confidence to anyone tipping them. So EK for mine but truth be told I can’t split these two. Massive game for these 2, would be interesting to hear/see who wants to stay in Nth A more. The team more desperate should win.

Albion v Aberfeldie
B4 last weekend I would’ve tipped abers but albion should get the bikkies here. Someone said albion can still make the finals, surely that bloke must’ve had one too many froffies with Albion pres.

Keilor Park v Westmeadows
Great game. Westmeadows win could/should give them a finals birth with albion to play last rnd.
KP will be in the 4 but wouldn’t wanna lose this and play another tough one against G$$nval$ rnd 11.

St Albans v Parkville District

Both-Batting a bit suspect for mine . St Albans just. And keep their finals hope alive. If Parkville win then with Footunited awaiting next game. They will sneak in. another massive game for both and other clubs in the finals contention

Tullamarine v Gr$$nval$

Great game! Again very hard to split these 2 despite G$$nval$’s shocker against albion last week. They should have INNess back? That will help.
These 2 meet First time since 2006/07 Nth B Granny. Gr$$nvale were favs back then and lost. Tull Favs now. But you can never discount the names when it comes to Gr$$nval$ batting.

Seddon v Avondale Heights
Avondale should keep their final hopes alive with a win here. o/w they r gone. I still reckon Avondale with their bowlers are capable of pushing tulla,kp, gr$$nvale & others(if they make it). I reckon they also need teams currently 3rd,4th,5th to lose this rnd especially westy and Parkville losses will enhance Avondale’s hopes of getting back in the 4 o/w I am afraid they will just miss out.

Will be some good cricket this round. Lets hope we get some results if we lose to much time with weather expect some draws.

FU v EK Big game for both clubs. EK has a couple of changes 2 good ins but will miss the 2 players out due to injury and work. If the young kids can keep bowling the way they have lets hope we get up. Good to luck to Mick taking over captaincy this week.

ALB v Abers. Could go either way but Alb bowling attack not quick, but bowl a very good line and lengh and i think this will get them over the line.

KP v West. Another tuff game if Cunneen can get some early wickets and Walker get more runs they have a good chance. But i'll stick with KP just.

St Alb v Pd. Out of these 2 sides St Alb's just as well. But if Bainbridge turns it on anything could happen

Tulla v Greenvale. I'm yet to see Tulla but talking to a few other clubs they seem the real deal so i will stick with them.

Sedd V A/H . Big game for A/H they need to get back on the winners list. I think there bowling attack will be to strong and if they dont win there last 2 gamesnthey wont make finals. 2 much to lose for them so i think they will win . Jefferys needs to find some form with the bat if they he dose they could go all the way

7/564;322039 said:
Will be some good cricket this round. Lets hope we get some results if we lose to much time with weather expect some draws.

FU v EK Big game for both clubs. EK has a couple of changes 2 good ins but will miss the 2 players out due to injury and work. If the young kids can keep bowling the way they have lets hope we get up. Good to luck to Mick taking over captaincy this week.

ALB v Abers. Could go either way but Alb bowling attack not quick, but bowl a very good line and lengh and i think this will get them over the line.

KP v West. Another tuff game if Cunneen can get some early wickets and Walker get more runs they have a good chance. But i'll stick with KP just.

St Alb v Pd. Out of these 2 sides St Alb's just as well. But if Bainbridge turns it on anything could happen

Tulla v Greenvale. I'm yet to see Tulla but talking to a few other clubs they seem the real deal so i will stick with them.

Sedd V A/H . Big game for A/H they need to get back on the winners list. I think there bowling attack will be to strong and if they dont win there last 2 gamesnthey wont make finals. 2 much to lose for them so i think they will win . Jefferys needs to find some form with the bat if they are 2 go all the way

Might be a bit more interesting next week, if there is no play tomorrow

slow medium;321671 said:
Started juniors again about 5 years ago, at the under 11 level, now have 3 junior sides with a couple of the kids coming through the 4ths, I think the problem was that Seddon, Yarraville was a older suburb, however over the last few years we have picked up alot of new players who have shifted into the area, however none have been really gun players. Hopefully can turn it around, makes it hard on the older guys who still play in the ones, who played there 10 years ago.

Same thing happened in Newport area about 10 years ago now lots of younger people in the area............ Hope yous keep it going and stay in high division,or I'm sure the WDCA wouldnt be that bad a move to help survive cos its a strong comp and all sides are reasonably local,so its not as hard to attract players........... it'll be sad to see you go like the footy club did!!!!!!!!;)

rumour has it j,thrush from albion signed signed on the dotted line for moonee valley,and said albion will fold after there last game..

big_junior;323218 said:
rumour has it j,thrush from albion signed signed on the dotted line for moonee valley,and said albion will fold after there last game..

Spoke to him yesterday, our kids go to the same school & he said that it couldn't be further from the truth. Reliable source?

2time;323533 said:
Spoke to him yesterday, our kids go to the same school & he said that it couldn't be further from the truth. Reliable source?

Come from one me the blokes on the committee down there.. They rate his knowledge of cricket and coaching ability very highly. The horses mouth this has come from has always been spot on the money..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back