North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

beached as;337716 said:
IIRC he played at Melbourne CC and played mostly 2nds. Could have played a couple on 1s games but don't quote me.

He played 1s at Melbourne in 05/06. About 10 or 11 games. Record not that crash hot taking 15 or so wickets at 30.
He does bowl all full or short but in B1, that is enough. No doubt, a good bat will sort him out but they will sort anyone out at the same time.
If Broughton is playing for Werribee this weekend, then that will help them no end.

An interesting topic would be who people think running around in this association are the sharpest? Obviously sharpest doesn't mean best but if anyone has any thoughts?

Snagglepuss;337875 said:
He played 1s at Melbourne in 05/06. About 10 or 11 games. Record not that crash hot taking 15 or so wickets at 30.
He does bowl all full or short but in B1, that is enough. No doubt, a good bat will sort him out but they will sort anyone out at the same time.
If Broughton is playing for Werribee this weekend, then that will help them no end.

An interesting topic would be who people think running around in this association are the sharpest? Obviously sharpest doesn't mean best but if anyone has any thoughts?

In Senior, the likes of Brown, White, Bronca are all quite quick when they need to be.

Mulva;337870 said:
Re: Time rules in the Grand Finals, not much point raising it at the association AGM. History shows that the VTCA rarely listen to what the clubs have to say and are more interested in dishing out fines for late score entries, not attending meetings, etc.

I have been calling for bowling restrictions in scheduled one-dayers for years. It creates more interest in the competition, would see a few more upsets, would test the depth of the bowling team and would also test the competency of the captains. Not sure what they have against it...

You're right mate, there is not much point raising it at an AGM because that's not the forum to do it in.
Let me enlighten you as to the process - Clubs submit proposed Rule changes to the Rules Sub Committee, at the end of each Season, and they are put before the Match Committee at the first meeting of the year to be voted on.
It is not the VTCA Exec. who vote. it's the Clubs. You say you've been calling for a change for years, you obviously haven't been following the process
On fines - if you don't muck up you don't get fined. It has been explained to us on many occasions that fines are not budgeted for and money collected is put back in in a number of ways, eg. subsidising Presentation night, buying uniforms for under 21's, rebates to Clubs ($50,000 to 2 Seasons ago), one off donations like the $7500 to the bushfire fund etc. - It is not compulsory to contribute.
As for One Day Rules - the Comp has a one day competition with it's own set of rules, but nobody wants to play in it.

Snagglepuss;337875 said:

Can't recall him on the Permits and Clearances list over the last couple of years - Then again I can't recall anyboby from Werribee being on the list for the last couple of years.

I know they don't get many North teams wanting to participate in the exclusively one-day competition, but for the novalty of something different during the regular season, I think the designated one-dayers need to be looked at. I'm sure many a bowler this year, and in recent history (S. Brne comes to mind), have bowled the whole innings from one end. Not much thought required by a captain in those cases.

Mulva;337887 said:
I know they don't get many North teams wanting to participate in the exclusively one-day competition, but for the novalty of something different during the regular season, I think the designated one-dayers need to be looked at. I'm sure many a bowler this year, and in recent history (S. Brne comes to mind), have bowled the whole innings from one end. Not much thought required by a captain in those cases.

Except in S Brne's case when he is the captain.

20/20;337788 said:
Herd a rumour that broughton is playing this week does that change your mind

Absolutely 20/20, he adds plenty to their batting lineup. The majority of their top order is quite aggressive and I think he just gives it a bit more stability.

Ifya Adballs;337886 said:
Can't recall him on the Permits and Clearances list over the last couple of years - Then again I can't recall anyboby from Werribee being on the list for the last couple of years.

Does it for the love of it- I think he was not playing at all when he came to Werribee due to recovery from a knee operation- as I was told. Not sure of the clearance procedure and whether he still needed a clearance

Mulva;337887 said:

Should be a max of 8 overs each, brings all players into the game & a bit nouse by the captain.

2time;337914 said:
Should be a max of 8 overs each, brings all players into the game & a bit nouse by the captain.

If it's good enough to restrict bowlers, then why not batsmen? Come to think of it we could also get the keeper to only use one hand every second over, and the umpires to use two eyes, scorers only recording every second run and the circus would be complete.
We play in a two day comp that happens to have two reduced overs games a Season for fixturing purposes. Why change the rules for two Saturdays a year.
There is already a one day Sunday Comp in both the North and the South, and a one day Saturday comp in the South and if the Clubs wanted it there could be one in the North. Leave the two day comp alone.

Ifya Adballs;337934 said:
If it's good enough to restrict bowlers, then why not batsmen? Come to think of it we could also get the keeper to only use one hand every second over, and the umpires to use two eyes, scorers only recording every second run and the circus would be complete.
We play in a two day comp that happens to have two reduced overs games a Season for fixturing purposes. Why change the rules for two Saturdays a year.
There is already a one day Sunday Comp in both the North and the South, and a one day Saturday comp in the South and if the Clubs wanted it there could be one in the North. Leave the two day comp alone.

I take it from the above jibberish that you are a bowler... Every other comp around the world has bowler restrictions for one-day games. Why not make the captains think a bit more, rather than just prove that they are no more than paid players..?

Mulva;337937 said:
I take it from the above jibberish that you are a bowler... Every other comp around the world has bowler restrictions for one-day games. Why not make the captains think a bit more, rather than just prove that they are no more than paid players..?

No more jibberish than the crap you put on here about rule changes and fines

Ifya Adballs;337934 said:

As far as i remember the ICC restrict bowlers in limited overs games, why can't we? Why not change the rules for the two fixtured 1 day games this season, ask Pville the majority of their games were 1 dayers due to circumstances. Why is it on this forum when someone reads something they don't agree with or approve of they come back with some sort pitaful attempt @ sledging like the following - "Come to think of it we could also get the keeper to only use one hand every second over, and the umpires to use two eyes, scorers only recording every second run and the circus would be complete." Why not make the captain think abit, why not rely on 2nd & 3rd change bowlers instead of some hired in mercenary to carry the attack week in week out for the alloted overs. I heard that is one of the reason SBrne & the St's fell out with each other.If you don't want it mate that's fine but the whole circus comment is ridiculous. Your obviously a brainac bowler who is on incentives & 8,9,10,11 are worth abit of coin to ya good self.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, which is basically what this forum is for. Very easy to hit a nerve with bowlers ... You are proving my theories about bowlers correct...

2time;337944 said:
As far as i remember the ICC restrict bowlers in limited overs games, why can't we? Why not change the rules for the two fixtured 1 day games this season, ask Pville the majority of their games were 1 dayers due to circumstances. Why is it on this forum when someone reads something they don't agree with or approve of they come back with some sort pitaful attempt @ sledging like the following - "Come to think of it we could also get the keeper to only use one hand every second over, and the umpires to use two eyes, scorers only recording every second run and the circus would be complete." Why not make the captain think abit, why not rely on 2nd & 3rd change bowlers instead of some hired in mercenary to carry the attack week in week out for the alloted overs. I heard that is one of the reason SBrne & the St's fell out with each other.If you don't want it mate that's fine but the whole circus comment is ridiculous. Your obviously a brainac bowler who is on incentives & 8,9,10,11 are worth abit of coin to ya good self.

Here, Here!!

Mulva;337945 said:
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, which is basically what this forum is for. Very easy to hit a nerve with bowlers ... You are proving my theories about bowlers correct...

So you would restrict Darrel Brown to 8 overs and then let him bat for 40 and make 100 ??

Mulva;337952 said:
Yes. Why not? What's the problem there? You would rather he bowled 30 and batted for 40?

I agree with you Mulva, but trust me you wont win i brought this up just after x-mas and got shot down in flames.

And i'm a bowler, go figure

2time;337944 said:

Agree with u, in regards to ppl who disagree with others giving commmonsense the cold shoulder & resorting to nonsense.

However, have to disagree when it comes to placing restrictions on bowleres/overs , This is a 2 day comp and there are no restrictions in a 80 over a side 2 dayer so why in a 40 over a side one dayer, the only reason we have two 1 day 40 overs a side games is to ensure each team plays the other atleast once. If Clubs want 1 dayer type restriction join the One day COMP, but as someone rightly posted there is no interest from Nth Clubs to field 1X1 standard sides in an exclusive 1day comp. There is a 1day comp in Nth but sides there are made up of a combination of fringe players,blokes unable to play on saturday etc etc.

"why not rely on 2nd & 3rd change bowlers instead of some hired in mercenary to carry the attack week in week out for the alloted overs"
This comment requires some discussion though, even in Nth A now more and more clubs are hiring overseas imports to carry their thin bowling attacks.
You have Avondale with their Srilankan import, they would be in mid table without his services, St Albans have had T Dunn giving good service in recent years, They even had Current English I day INterbational PAtel there a few years ago+ there are many other clubs looking to buy an overseas bloke to bowl for them Sen A Grandfinalst St bernards had decided to go for Mullins an allrounder this year & u hvae to say monay well spent and struggling Footutd even got on the bandwagon hiring Srilankan Import who's reaped them close to 50 wickets this year. These are only few examples but more n more clubs are leaning in that direction.

I reckon this is all a mirage, clubs like avondale can get away with it while their import is here but what happens when he goes somewhere else for more cash where will they find a bloke to replace him, Smartarse answer would be to hire someone esle to do the same job.

where is the depth, to have genuine sustained sucess u gotta develop local talent like Willi CYMS and complement it by 1 or 2 paid players. Even Airportwest, i know alot of blokes intheir side are hired guns but alot of the blokes who played in their Nth A flag were responsible for their sucess in SEN A and are still there in SEN.

I'd back you up, 7/564. But I think I know why you want the restrictions if your username is your best figures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back