North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Anyone know anything about VTCA's plans to disband Senior A next season and replace it with a North / South comp at the Senior A level? Apparently Greenvale have already been offered a place as a promotion into this new division. What do you think?

Gr$$nval$ being offered a promotion in restructured Nth A? Very fortunate I would say, also would like to echo the thoughts expressed in a few previous posts. Pecking order for promotion should be KP Avondale, Tulla, Gr$$nval$.

Having said that I think few would argue against Gr$$nval$ with their financial/ex district players recruiting clout wouldn’t be competitive in the new Nth A. If anything they could be more of a show in the new NTH A than the Grandfinalist and minor premiers of this season.
Big question mark already on how Avondale will fare in the new comp if they accept the promotion with reliable source letting me know that their import won’t be there next year and may also have to let go of T Jeffrey since the president and who is also largely the sole financier of the club has decided to tighten his purse strings and keep his cheque book in the pocket with that they will definitely lose the services of their import and TJ doesn’t come cheap & won’t stay there for the love of the club, also they weren’t able to attract a playing coach to their club despite all their valiant efforts at the start of the 08/09 season so their inability to attract quality pros to replace these possible big exclusions doesn’t bear well for their chances in the new tougher Nth A. Having said all that the club was written off by almost everyone b4 the start of this season & they almost won the flag so they may pull something outta the hat again but @ this stage if 4 are to gain promotion I reckon Gr$$nval$, KP & Tulla would be ok but Avondale may be in trouble if this reliable source is anything to go by + other 3 clubs are able & have the financial means to even further improve their 1x1 with new paid players whereas Avondale will struggle to keep the 2 they had this season.

Son of a Gun;343456 said:
Anyone know anything about VTCA's plans to disband Senior A next season and replace it with a North / South comp at the Senior A level? Apparently Greenvale have already been offered a place as a promotion into this new division. What do you think?

Check out the possible breakup of Senior A into North & South divisions discussion thread Son of a Gun.

Any word so far on players moving around in our comp ??

have heard a few whispers about big names switching clubs avondale heights fast bowler on the move , tulla losing opening bowler overseas

tim darcy;344290 said:

have heard a few whispers about big names switching clubs avondale heights fast bowler on the move , tulla losing opening bowler overseas

St albans are chance at decent left arm district bowler. they need bats down there however

tim darcy;344290 said:

Yep gone to UK to try his luck
good luck to the Z man

He who knows best;344695 said:
name ? or what club does he come from ? age ?

is he playing or Capt/Coach ?

In the West, 30ish i think, as far as i know assistant coach.

Demon - are Tulla getting AH's import?

2time;344698 said:

not as far as i know,
i just know that Zorro left
because i went to the going away drinking session.
2 sundays ago

hey boys i am from geelong and the club i play for is looking for a quality bat/bowler to play or poss coach. we ve played in finals/flags since 2000... just wondering if you guys know anyone moving down or would come down to play???

He who knows best;344695 said:
name ? or what club does he come from ? age ?

is he playing or Capt/Coach ?

rumor says its mccammond from footscray, left armer, pretty quick but has had a few injuries over the years. Am told he's a good fella. bats 11 at footscray but that doesn't mean he wont get a few runs at 7 or 8ish

jika jika;344769 said:
rumor says its mccammond from footscray, left armer, pretty quick but has had a few injuries over the years. Am told he's a good fella. bats 11 at footscray but that doesn't mean he wont get a few runs at 7 or 8ish

Great pickup , if he stays injury free & ofcource if this rumor is true.
Dunn and Mccammond with the new cherry, arguably could form the best new ball attack, depends on which grade St Albans play after the VTCA reshuffle, Suffice to say bowling side out won't be a problem.

2time;344698 said:

Apparently they expressed interest in him when they played AH this year twice, if they come up with the cash that the import wants then he's theirs.

Looks like AH definately don't have the $$$'s to keep him & import wants a few grand more + improved $incentives per wicket/runs etc. All that is outta AH spending leauge.

Imports agent is banding around 8.5-10k $figure, DO u blokes rekon he's worth that?

ROY G BIV;345040 said:
Apparently they expressed interest in him when they played AH this year twice, if they come up with the cash that the import wants then he's theirs.

Looks like AH definately don't have the $$$'s to keep him & import wants a few grand more + improved $incentives per wicket/runs etc. All that is outta AH spending leauge.

Imports agent is banding around 8.5-10k $figure, DO u blokes rekon he's worth that?

For that sort of money you expect a player to both bat and bowl. With a top score of 30 for the season and an average of 8.9 with the bat this is surely a 'no-brainer' at this expected price. If the guy averaged 25 with the bat then he could be considered.
Granted 51 wkt at 10.9 is an awesone return for the season, but that is at North A1 level, Avondale will not be playing that level next season and historical stats suggest that he will not return 50+ wickets in the next division up. That said Tulla will still be in North A, so this could be a easy replacement for Z. Still not worth 8-10k in my opinion.

After last night's extraordinary general meeting:
The Altona Roosters have now officially joined the VTCA and will be starting in North B1/B2.
We are aware that this change will not be easy but with the dedicated people we have on board we are more than confidant this move will be a successfull one.
The most heartening part was that the vote was unanimous.

We are actively seeking players to join us on our new path especially all those disgruntled Church players.

We have already spoken to 3 potential coaches and will continue to look for players.
We hope to announce our perspective coach by the end of the month.
Potential players or coaches please send a pm as our door is open and will entertain any expressions of interest.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CHALLENGE

BigCoq;345090 said:
After last night's extraordinary general meeting:
The Altona Roosters have now officially joined the VTCA and will be starting in North B1/B2.
We are aware that this change will not be easy but with the dedicated people we have on board we are more than confidant this move will be a successfull one.
The most heartening part was that the vote was unanimous.

We are actively seeking players to join us on our new path especially all those disgruntled Church players.

We have already spoken to 3 potential coaches and will continue to look for players.
We hope to announce our perspective coach by the end of the month.
Potential players or coaches please send a pm as our door is open and will entertain any expressions of interest.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CHALLENGE

Welcome aboard , you will enjoy it.

Its a good comp

Not Just Empty Words;345071 said:
For that sort of money you expect a player to both bat and bowl. With a top score of 30 for the season and an average of 8.9 with the bat this is surely a 'no-brainer' at this expected price. If the guy averaged 25 with the bat then he could be considered.
Granted 51 wkt at 10.9 is an awesone return for the season, but that is at North A1 level, Avondale will not be playing that level next season and historical stats suggest that he will not return 50+ wickets in the next division up. That said Tulla will still be in North A, so this could be a easy replacement for Z. Still not worth 8-10k in my opinion.

tell him he's dreaming. basically has every 2nd saturday off (av 8.9 with the bat) and wants 1k a game, there expensive wickets. Go and get 2 players, 1 an batting allrounder who can get you 400 runs + 15-20 wickets and a bowler who will get you 30-35 wickets and 175-200 runs. Between 4-4.5 k each sounds a better idea to me

jika jika;345172 said:
tell him he's dreaming. basically has every 2nd saturday off (av 8.9 with the bat) and wants 1k a game, there expensive wickets. Go and get 2 players, 1 an batting allrounder who can get you 400 runs + 15-20 wickets and a bowler who will get you 30-35 wickets and 175-200 runs. Between 4-4.5 k each sounds a better idea to me

Jika,

Please let me know where these players are available from for this sort of coin? And dont ley YC know about it, caus their value will rocket up there with G.Ablett's on Supercoach!! How is your recruiting going? I heard that you guys were close to signing a couple more up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back