North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Guru14;355568 said:
If Aberfeldie are given a leg up the VTCA are a joke! How could you continue to give the most under performing side in the north divisions every opportunity to remain in a higher grade. I would think this would be the 3rd year straight I have heard they are back on track blah blah blah. Let them play in the division their results determine- that would be North B1!!

With Ingleton, Green going there they would be right in the mix in North A.

If Nyhus and a few others stood up I think they would be more than competitive in that grade.

Guru14;355568 said:
If Aberfeldie are given a leg up the VTCA are a joke! How could you continue to give the most under performing side in the north divisions every opportunity to remain in a higher grade. I would think this would be the 3rd year straight I have heard they are back on track blah blah blah. Let them play in the division their results determine- that would be North B1!!

Hey Guru, you seem to be in the know so to speak in regards Aber Park. Would they be asking to go up and have they signed Chunk again?

Whats peoples thoughts on what the VTCA will do regarding new teams in the comp? Will they contemplate putting a new side such as Taylor Lakes straight up to Nth A now given this latest request for submissions?

ROY G BIV;355718 said:
Knew about Windi @ Tulla and roach back to St albans BUT BUtera is a good get for Westy, especially if they have Walker back.THye did OK in NTH A last year somewhat inconsistent. NORTH will be a tough grade though the likes of Hoppers, Doutta, $trathmore, Sun untd, Druids should be up there Only Gr$$nval$ looks to have the names to be there from last years NTH A, so others as i see it have to find 1/2 players like Westy to compete. Keilor park although they won the flag i still think they have a weaknesses that can be exposed badly against quality cricketers. Strathmore still looking for C/C any word about that. Thye had a shocker last year.

I believe the club is confident Ben Walker will be back.

I would think the first priority would be finding their feet in the higher grade, avoiding relegation & hopefully be in a position to push for a finals spot late in the season.

Will be interesting to see how Doutas go. Losing players left, right and center it seems. Sad for such a proud club!!!

He who knows best;355574 said:
With Ingleton, Green going there they would be right in the mix in North A.

If Nyhus and a few others stood up I think they would be more than competitive in that grade.

Agree Abers will be competitve with the above inclusions.
But they are a very lucky club considering they keep getting relegated year after year to NTH B but keep getting a reprieve from VTCA..lucky Bast#$%s but good on 'em for recruiting strongly. If they play in NTH B they will be amongst the top 3 teams i would guess and if they undeservingly find themselves back in NTH A then i still believe they could finish anywhere from 4th to 10th.Will be harder to beat in NTH A than oh ,,,,,,can't remember when they were hard to beat.

So what's the rnd up on recuitment front. St Albans have done better than anyone in that sense, Foot united snared a very big fish in a small pond TJ from Avondale + they may again have an overseas Srilankan bloke from last year, so wait n see how they go, Abers have as we've spoken done well. But what's a go with others, Keilor Park,Tulla,Albion, Seddon, EK, Avondale etc. Avondale read a story about them in local paper, by the sounds of it they almost folded every one has left or retired when the money/good times dried up. Where is that club at, been up there the last 5 or so years. Last year folks on this thread tipped them to be relegated & they were in the Granny.
Feeling is not many will rate 'em again this year.

Mankad;355722 said:

I would think the first priority would be finding their feet in the higher grade, avoiding relegation & hopefully be in a position to push for a finals spot late in the season.

Will be interesting to see how Doutas go. Losing players left, right and center it seems. Sad for such a proud club!!!

Yep u r right on both counts, survival comes first in every grade then u build up.
given the quality of players they (Doutta) have lost i shouldn't have 'em in the top teir of NTH grade especially when first game is still 3 months away , so it will be intereting to see how that grade shapes up, looks fun comp on paper though. Some traditionally proud/successful clubs.

ROY G BIV;355602 said:
Agree Abers will be competitve with the above inclusions.
But they are a very lucky club considering they keep getting relegated year after year to NTH B but keep getting a reprieve from VTCA..lucky Bast#$%s but good on 'em for recruiting strongly. If they play in NTH B they will be amongst the top 3 teams i would guess and if they undeservingly find themselves back in NTH A then i still believe they could finish anywhere from 4th to 10th.Will be harder to beat in NTH A than oh ,,,,,,can't remember when they were hard to beat.

So what's the rnd up on recuitment front. St Albans have done better than anyone in that sense, Foot united snared a very big fish in a small pond TJ from Avondale + they may again have an overseas Srilankan bloke from last year, so wait n see how they go, Abers have as we've spoken done well. But what's a go with others, Keilor Park,Tulla,Albion, Seddon, EK, Avondale etc. Avondale read a story about them in local paper, by the sounds of it they almost folded every one has left or retired when the money/good times dried up. Where is that club at, been up there the last 5 or so years. Last year folks on this thread tipped them to be relegated & they were in the Granny.
Feeling is not many will rate 'em again this year.

Westmeadows have appointed Michael Butera as playing coach.

And I believe Windy is captain/coach at Tulla

Mankad;355711 said:
Butera has played many years of district 1st cricket as a keeper/batsman for Carlton and 1 year for Essendon. Played Vic 2nd X1 cricket as well. Is 32 I think. By all reports a good appointment.

that will make it 8 clubs in 9 years...
did hear from a mate that seddon are in the process of picking up 3 sri lankan 1st class cricketers..

Mankad;355688 said:

Westy must have some $$$, as Michael has provided a couple of clubs with a quote for his services:eek::eek::eek::eek:

fredbassett;355735 said:
Mankad;355711 said:
Butera has played many years of district 1st cricket as a keeper/batsman for Carlton and 1 year for Essendon. Played Vic 2nd X1 cricket as well. Is 32 I think. By all reports a good appointment.

did hear from a mate that seddon are in the process of picking up 3 sri lankan 1st class cricketers..
seddon will need more than 3 srilankans they need 10 new players

Snagglepuss;355583 said:
Hey Guru, you seem to be in the know so to speak in regards Aber Park. Would they be asking to go up and have they signed Chunk again?

Whats peoples thoughts on what the VTCA will do regarding new teams in the comp? Will they contemplate putting a new side such as Taylor Lakes straight up to Nth A now given this latest request for submissions?

Snaggle I believe his deal is 3 years, I don't think it would be the best move in relation to North A. IMO they really need to go up a grade on the back of success (premiership) rather than being bundled out in a semi and being given a free ride, a little like Alberfeldie. It's a joke that for one people are speaking about Aberfeldie staying A. Aberfeldie- turning the corner, they've turned a corner every year for the last 3, to me that would mean they are back where they started. Wouldn't it be better for Abers to finish in the top 2 or 3 in North B and move back through the ranks rather than take a chance they might be competitive this year. Surely the club needs to start from rock bottom as that's where they have been with their results for 3 years. Taylors in North A, give me a break! Let's see how they travel in North B first, potential I hear. Potentially if my aunty had a d*ck she'd be my uncle!

Mankad;355688 said:

Who is michael butera and has roach gone from tulla if so we to.i have heard windy coach and roach is capt at tulla

Mankad;355722 said:

Who have Doutta lost? Green has gone to Abers but he didnt play last year? Who else?

Guru14;355701 said:
Snaggle I believe his deal is 3 years, I don't think it would be the best move in relation to North A. IMO they really need to go up a grade on the back of success (premiership) rather than being bundled out in a semi and being given a free ride, a little like Alberfeldie. It's a joke that for one people are speaking about Aberfeldie staying A. Aberfeldie- turning the corner, they've turned a corner every year for the last 3, to me that would mean they are back where they started. Wouldn't it be better for Abers to finish in the top 2 or 3 in North B and move back through the ranks rather than take a chance they might be competitive this year. Surely the club needs to start from rock bottom as that's where they have been with their results for 3 years. Taylors in North A, give me a break! Let's see how they travel in North B first, potential I hear. Potentially if my aunty had a d*ck she'd be my uncle!
im with you guru14 aberfeldie are a joke tulla who are not that good beat them outright in a day and 20 mins last year.and as for taylors hard wicket is a long way away from playing on grass

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;355819 said:
Who have Doutta lost? Green has gone to Abers but he didnt play last year? Who else?

Doutta aren't my area of expertise, but, Viv to Yarraville & Rutts to Royal Park?

202 n.o;355704 said:
Who is michael butera and has roach gone from tulla if so we to.i have heard windy coach and roach is capt at tulla

My understanding is they have lost Roach (St Albans?) and Zorro (o.s.) Will stand corrected on Roach though.

fredbassett;355735 said:
Mankad;355711 said:

Comeon mate, how's that gonna work when u r allowed only 1 overseas player.

Ask this mate of yours if major is playing this year, he did well last year in a relegated side. i stand corrected on that relegation bit, was it abers, ek and seddon relegated and then the restructure of the comp saved 'em all.

Guru14;355701 said:

I agree with what you say.

But it looks like 2 will come up from North B. Just not sure who

ROY G BIV;355838 said:
fredbassett;355735 said:
Come on mate, how's that gonna work when u r allowed only 1 overseas player.

VTCA announced rule changes 1 May - qualification now based on points system, with points allocated to each player according to level played. Max points of 54 per team. If you can fit 3 overseas players into the points allowed, you can play them.

Mankad;355688 said:

Knew about Windi @ Tulla and roach back to St albans BUT BUtera is a good get for Westy, especially if they have Walker back.THye did OK in NTH A last year somewhat inconsistent. NORTH will be a tough grade though the likes of Hoppers, Doutta, $trathmore, Sun untd, Druids should be up there Only Gr$$nval$ looks to have the names to be there from last years NTH A, so others as i see it have to find 1/2 players like Westy to compete. Keilor park although they won the flag i still think they have a weaknesses that can be exposed badly against quality cricketers. Strathmore still looking for C/C any word about that. Thye had a shocker last year.

Genuine_No12;355841 said:
ROY G BIV;355838 said:
fredbassett;355735 said:
Come on mate, how's that gonna work when u r allowed only 1 overseas player.

VTCA announced rule changes 1 May - qualification now based on points system, with points allocated to each player according to level played. Max points of 54 per team. If you can fit 3 overseas players into the points allowed, you can play them.

Didnt relise that.

I new about the points system but didn't no you could have more than one import. Could be good news for us:D

7/564;355848 said:
ROY G BIV;355838 said:
Didnt relise that.

I new about the points system but didn't no you could have more than one import. Could be good news for us:D

with east keilor having no points coming into this season you could recruit 5 international cricketers....will the comp then change the rules ????

ROY G BIV;355718 said:

It's explained in a document on the VTCA website. Players who played VTCA last year will be allocated points according to their background (highest level played and length at current club). New players to a team are allocated points according to the highest level played.

Mankad;355722 said:

Yep u r right on both counts, survival comes first in every grade then u build up.
given the quality of players they (Doutta) have lost i shouldn't have 'em in the top teir of NTH grade especially when first game is still 3 months away , so it will be intereting to see how that grade shapes up, looks fun comp on paper though. Some traditionally proud/successful clubs.

ROY G BIV;355718 said:

Roach is staying as captain at tulla but doesnt have time to coach so windy will do coaching during the week think tulla has been quiet in chasing anyone just hoping to be competitive without zorro , have my doubts on the points system have heard most clubs such as greenvale arent even close to the points limit and can still go out and just outbid anyone for players and have room for 2 or 3 more gun players on top of the 5 or 6 they paid last yr ,but sounds like most teams will be stronger and if wickets are better this yr good cricket will be played with team hopfully batting out days and getting totals of 200 or more and not just having teams rolling each other for scores of 120 or so .

Mankad;355711 said:

tim darcy;355869 said:
Roach is staying as captain at tulla but doesnt have time to coach so windy will do coaching during the week think tulla has been quiet in chasing anyone just hoping to be competitive without zorro , have my doubts on the points system have heard most clubs such as greenvale arent even close to the points limit and can still go out and just outbid anyone for players and have room for 2 or 3 more gun players on top of the 5 or 6 they paid last yr ,but sounds like most teams will be stronger and if wickets are better this yr good cricket will be played with team hopfully batting out days and getting totals of 200 or more and not just having teams rolling each other for scores of 120 or so .

At least with the Points System they have to stop somewhere with a cap set, and it appears to be transparent. Under the old system there was no control, with Clubs and players even prepared to perjure themselves by signing false affidavits to get around the rules.

fredbassett;355735 said:
Mankad;355711 said:

seddon will need more than 3 srilankans they need 10 new players

Ifya Adballs;355875 said:
At least with the Points System they have to stop somewhere with a cap set, and it appears to be transparent. Under the old system there was no control, with Clubs and players even prepared to perjure themselves by signing false affidavits to get around the rules.

Great points. The points system is not and will never be perfect, but it will be a hell of a lot better than the old 2 paid player rule which was uninforcable.

Ion, rutley, gray, moore, mckinley. That just leaves 2 from Premiership side just over a year ago. Don't care who you are, replacing nine players is impossible

Mankad;355722 said:

doofus;355930 said:
Ion, rutley, gray, moore, mckinley. That just leaves 2 from Premiership side just over a year ago. Don't care who you are, replacing nine players is impossible

Agreed big losses, am still dumbfounded Rutley would leave. Seemed the loyal, one club player taht Doutta build their side around.

Doutta aren't my area of expertise, but, Viv to Yarraville & Rutts to Royal Park?

fredbassett;355864 said:
7/564;355848 said:
with east keilor having no points coming into this season you could recruit 5 international cricketers....will the comp then change the rules ????

Very true . But loooking at 21 to 24 year olds to build our future.

Talking to a few poms so hopefull of getting one.

Got a coach who has played at our club back which is good news. and hopeful of 3 or 4 new players and a few coming back from our premiership year.

But its proberly like all clubs wont no for sure till training starts.

fredbassett;355735 said:
Mankad;355711 said:

Comeon mate, how's that gonna work when u r allowed only 1 overseas player.

Ask this mate of yours if major is playing this year, he did well last year in a relegated side. i stand corrected on that relegation bit, was it abers, ek and seddon relegated and then the restructure of the comp saved 'em all.

tim darcy;355869 said:

Thx for clearing that roach leaving tulla etc up. Alot of posts on this tread were saying that he had left for his old stomping ground St albans.

Ur spot on about that Gr$$nval$ stuff.

1 import should suffice + i am still not convinced that under the new system ur can more than 1 import if that's the case then we already have a flaw in the new points system. Good on the exec for doing something to make the comp more fair but they need to be proactive inorder to take care o these flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back