North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Apparently 5 out of the 10 sides in Nth B applied to go up with the decision to be known around the end of this week. So I wonder which sides did and didnt apply?

Guru14;356767 said:
If you take St Andrews, Kingy and Roosters out of the equation which appears to be the case, lets see:

Aberfeldie- Everyone knows what I think about their gifted run over the years
Aberfeldie Park- Could make it but I don't think they are ready. No juniors a huge problem.
Craigieburn- Moved in the right direction last year, need to consolidate in B
Jacana- Played in grand Final 2 years ago but lost (I think) every game after Christmas to miss the finals.
Flemington- Went backwards at a million miles last year, would be a waste of time with current cattle
Taylors Lakes- As Big Coq put it 'need to walk before they take all before them.

Will be very interesting to see which way the executive go it may be a very long season for a club who might not be ready for the jump. Let some of these sides earn the right to play higher, not just to have a 10 side comp cause it works better.

I agree it should stay 8 team comp, but it looks like that wont happen.

I heard that one club has gone all out with a 14 page presentation so they are keen.

faint nick;356536 said:
have heard that st alabans has recruited albion bat ryan jaeger and have spoken to prahan spinner shane jones

do u know the definite starters/new recruits for st albans this year.

ryan didn't play many games for albion last year.

There were posts here dating back few weeks saying roach went back there from tulla but tulla blokes insist that's all Bulls%^t. Also rumors from smae posters said that St albans were lookin @ subbie 1x1 bats?

who are the other names/recruits @ st albans. If Mccamond has signed on the dotted line for them who'll CC 'em.

Any other clubs in NTH matching St albans recruitment drive?

Guru14;356767 said:
If you take St Andrews, Kingy and Roosters out of the equation which appears to be the case, lets see:

Aberfeldie Park- Could make it but I don't think they are ready. No juniors a huge problem.
Jacana- Played in grand Final 2 years ago but lost (I think) every game after Christmas to miss the finals.
Flemington- Went backwards at a million miles last year, would be a waste of time with current cattle
Taylors Lakes- As Big Coq put it 'need to walk before they take all before them.

Will be very interesting to see which way the executive go it may be a very long season for a club who might not be ready for the jump. Let some of these sides earn the right to play higher, not just to have a 10 side comp cause it works better.

Folks most of u have fair reasons 4 y certain clubs are not ready for NTH A promotion.

But having palyed for and against clubs over the yeras that form NTH + NTH A divsions, i have to say the standard of cricket has dropped dramtically especially in the new NTH A - you only have to look at the sides that make up this grade - east keilor, seddon both relegated last year footunited just avoided the drop thanks to last rnd win over parkville thanks inlarge to parkville missing 3 of their best palyers (when a vicotry could've help 'em secure a finals berth) Albion spent most of the year at the bottom only some good form in last 3 rnds saved them, avondale have lost their 2 best players & by al reports have no replacements and will go the youth policy 16/17 year olds who are not ready for 1 grade yet? Even st albans had a shocker but have improved this year with their recuits - SO my pont is that if u r a NTH B club you woudln't find a better time to step up to NTH A. also consider 5 outta 6 top 1X1 sides from last year in NTH A have gone up to NTH division G$$nvale,KP,Tulla, Westy,Parkville. Avondale is the only club that refused to go up. So with the exception on Avop all other NTH A sides occupied the bottom 6 spots on the ladder last year. So comeon up you'll do OK.

7/564;356870 said:

I heard that one club has gone all out with a 14 page presentation so they are keen.

Mate name the club?
I dunno y ppl do that? telling us who it's is stops all the Bull?

faint nick;356536 said:
have heard that st alabans has recruited albion bat ryan jaeger and have spoken to prahan spinner shane jones

did hear theres a few of the albion boys crossing over to st albans

Happy to announce Paul Butterworth back to coach East Keilor next season with Mick Barton Assistant Coach and Captain of the ones.

Good luck for season.

ROY G BIV;356872 said:
Mate name the club?

I got told a club put in a 14 page presentation but didn't get told which club but i no it was not Aber's.

As aber's said they put in to go up but but didn't do a 14 page presentation

borntigerfan;356554 said:
Can tell you St. andrews, kingy and altona didnt submit to go up leaving Taylors lakes as a possibility as they were keen before.

Wouldn't all clubs aspire to play the highest grade of cricket??

shhhhhhhhhhh;356874 said:
i hear roach is on the move .. walked out on tulla last night !!!!!!! and heading to greenvale:cool:

LOL..i find that hard to believe.

where would he bat in Gr$$vale batting line up, NO:9 or will he cc the 2nd x1,

he struggled last year didn't he? a copule of scores against ordinary attacks helped him, but ordinay year for a bloke getting $$'s to play.

Right said fred;356737 said:
Wouldn't all clubs aspire to play the highest grade of cricket??

What r u trying to say Champ.
The above mentioned teams just got here.
You need to be able to walk before you can run.
The main reason we came on board was the 2 up 2 down policy & our previous comp is run by Muppets.

7/564;356875 said:
I got told a club put in a 14 page presentation but didn't get told which club but i no it was not Aber's.

OK that's fair enough.

In that case my first guess would've been Abers as well, manily b/c they need atleast 14 pages to justify why they should be saved from relegation the upteenth time(having sadi that i reckon with green on board they'll do OK if they remain in the much weakened NTH A). But since u r confident it wasn't then then my 2nd guess would be Taylors Lakes (is that the new club with 2/3 flags in NWCA matting) they seem to have a high opinion of themselves already, especially given they've not even faced a delivery in VTCA.

BigCoq;356742 said:
What r u trying to say Champ.
The above mentioned teams just got here.
You need to be able to walk before you can run.
The main reason we came on board was the 2 up 2 down policy & our previous comp is run by Muppets.

Gday Big C,

I have followed your input from the show run by "muppets" and I would first like to say I admire your passion for your club. However, I recalled seeing a post from you as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Riff Raff
Pop Gun with what you have recruited why not nominate for A Turf? I believe there could be an openning this season. Wouldn't it be better to test yourselves to find out where you are at than get a false sense of security by playing against sides second elevens.

Surely this squad is too good for b turf raise the bare be brave go to A turf. fortune favours the brave. No Guts no Glory !!!

I do wish you all the very best and welcome to the Vtca. I played in the WSUCCA a few years ago now, you can be safe in the knowledge that the VTCA is streets ahead in its Executive, standard, grounds etc. So enjoy...

ROY G BIV;356879 said:
OK that's fair enough.

In that case my first guess would've been Abers as well, manily b/c they need atleast 14 pages to justify why they should be saved from relegation the upteenth time(having sadi that i reckon with green on board they'll do OK if they remain in the much weakened NTH A). But since u r confident it wasn't then then my 2nd guess would be Taylors Lakes (is that the new club with 2/3 flags in NWCA matting) they seem to have a high opinion of themselves already, especially given they've not even faced a delivery in VTCA.

That would be my guess as well, but i really don't no.

North A will be weaker this year no dout.

But i do feel alot of clubs have been saving money over the last few years ( NorthA and B except Greenvale and avondale last year)and the comp has not been as strong as years gone by but it sounds like money is being offerd alot more this year.

I have had calls from people who are acting as agents for overseas players, some are good price's but others should just deal with Yarraville club

borntigerfan;356554 said:
Can tell you St. andrews, kingy and altona didnt submit to go up leaving Taylors lakes as a possibility as they were keen before.

Guru14;356767 said:

I am certain that Taylors Lakes have not played on turf before. Positive move by them to play in North B1. Applying for a spot in A1 is a big call since they have not played on turf before. The change from matting to turf is a big step. Its good for them to prove their worth before they consider about A1. Good luck to the TL guys if they are accepted into A1.

ROY G BIV;356879 said:
OK that's fair enough.

Abers have Clint Stuart as well don't forget

Massive get for the club :eek:

Guru14;356767 said:

At the VTCA meeting on Tues night, delegates were told that of the 5 that applied to go up to Nth A, they varied in styles from a 14 page powerpoint presentation to a 4 line letter. But they didnt mention who any of them were.

I agree that Nth A will be weaker than previous years simply because of the dilution of clubs having to move up. So I don't think Nth B clubs should be so worried about being able to compete up there. At the very least it would be a great learning experience.

Lastly I personally believe the aura around being able to compete when moving to turf from matting is a little overhyped. There are a number of good quality country leagues that play half season on matting, half on turf and even others that play on turf and matting each week because some clubs have turf and some don't. Don't get me wrong, there is an obvious difference when playing on the 2 but if you are a half decent cricketer you can adapt to both.
I think Moonee Valley played off in a GF in their first year on turf from memory.

Guru14;356767 said:

Folks most of u have fair reasons 4 y certain clubs are not ready for NTH A promotion.

But having palyed for and against clubs over the yeras that form NTH + NTH A divsions, i have to say the standard of cricket has dropped dramtically especially in the new NTH A - you only have to look at the sides that make up this grade - east keilor, seddon both relegated last year footunited just avoided the drop thanks to last rnd win over parkville thanks inlarge to parkville missing 3 of their best palyers (when a vicotry could've help 'em secure a finals berth) Albion spent most of the year at the bottom only some good form in last 3 rnds saved them, avondale have lost their 2 best players & by al reports have no replacements and will go the youth policy 16/17 year olds who are not ready for 1 grade yet? Even st albans had a shocker but have improved this year with their recuits - SO my pont is that if u r a NTH B club you woudln't find a better time to step up to NTH A. also consider 5 outta 6 top 1X1 sides from last year in NTH A have gone up to NTH division G$$nvale,KP,Tulla, Westy,Parkville. Avondale is the only club that refused to go up. So with the exception on Avop all other NTH A sides occupied the bottom 6 spots on the ladder last year. So comeon up you'll do OK.

Too Old Body Broke;356749 said:
Gday Big C,

I have followed your input from the show run by "muppets" and I would first like to say I admire your passion for your club. However, I recalled seeing a post from you as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Riff Raff
Pop Gun with what you have recruited why not nominate for A Turf? I believe there could be an openning this season. Wouldn't it be better to test yourselves to find out where you are at than get a false sense of security by playing against sides second elevens.

Surely this squad is too good for b turf raise the bare be brave go to A turf. fortune favours the brave. No Guts no Glory !!!

I do wish you all the very best and welcome to the Vtca. I played in the WSUCCA a few years ago now, you can be safe in the knowledge that the VTCA is streets ahead in its Executive, standard, grounds etc. So enjoy...

Lets put those comment in context TOBB.
I have never spuiked about our ability once & we got this bloke or that look out blah blah blah.I will make 600 runs take 20 wickets it sound like he( Top Gun) will carry the side to a premiership and his recruiting gunns allegedly (Beast?) first failure. Isnt the weapon a district player?
We dont have any of those but 4 of our ex juniors are currently playing for Yarraville First X1 & seconds so maybe when the time is right they will be back.
I feel we as a club should set realist achievable goals.
If we won 3 premierships in a row maybe we could argue starting in NthA for sure.I still think there a good cricketers in all grades of cricket regardless of the comp.
We are entering a higher standard of cricket than we are accustomed too.
i'll i know is in the Willy comp currently is 10 ATurf teams and 15 BTurf teams
do the comp a favour and step up help balance out the fixture if you are that confident moving forward.

7/564;356870 said:

Mate name the club?

ROY G BIV;356872 said:
Mate name the club?

ROY G BIV;355602 said:
Agree Abers will be competitve with the above inclusions.
But they are a very lucky club considering they keep getting relegated year after year to NTH B but keep getting a reprieve from VTCA..lucky Bast#$%s but good on 'em for recruiting strongly. If they play in NTH B they will be amongst the top 3 teams i would guess and if they undeservingly find themselves back in NTH A then i still believe they could finish anywhere from 4th to 10th.Will be harder to beat in NTH A than oh ,,,,,,can't remember when they were hard to beat.

So what's the rnd up on recuitment front. St Albans have done better than anyone in that sense, Foot united snared a very big fish in a small pond TJ from Avondale + they may again have an overseas Srilankan bloke from last year, so wait n see how they go, Abers have as we've spoken done well. But what's a go with others, Keilor Park,Tulla,Albion, Seddon, EK, Avondale etc. Avondale read a story about them in local paper, by the sounds of it they almost folded every one has left or retired when the money/good times dried up. Where is that club at, been up there the last 5 or so years. Last year folks on this thread tipped them to be relegated & they were in the Granny.
Feeling is not many will rate 'em again this year.

One can only hope people don't rate avondale, the club will field a competive side, always will. We have lost TJ for obvious reasons and two retirements from last year. It all creates oppurtunity for others to shine.

shhhhhhhhhhh;356874 said:
i hear roach is on the move .. walked out on tulla last night !!!!!!! and heading to greenvale:cool:

he struggled last year didn't he? a copule of scores against ordinary attacks helped him, but ordinay year for a bloke getting $$'s to play.

ROY G BIV;345040 said:
Apparently they expressed interest in him when they played AH this year twice, if they come up with the cash that the import wants then he's theirs.

Looks like AH definately don't have the $$$'s to keep him & import wants a few grand more + improved $incentives per wicket/runs etc. All that is outta AH spending leauge.

Imports agent is banding around 8.5-10k $figure, DO u blokes rekon he's worth that?

AH Definately don't have the dollars - you goose! How would you know! maybe we found some at the end of your rainbow.

7/564;356875 said:

OK that's fair enough.

Guru14;356924 said:
Never been a shortage of coin at MV

Guru, Just wondering how much you think Moonee Valley throw around each year mate.

Surely their Sri Lankan import must cost them tons and the bowler batsman bloke cant come cheap either.

You think they are pushing 60-70K per season?

You seem "in the know" about The Valley so I thought I would ask.

Cheers

ROY G BIV;356879 said:
OK that's fair enough.

That would be my guess as well, but i really don't no.

North A will be weaker this year no dout.

But i do feel alot of clubs have been saving money over the last few years ( NorthA and B except Greenvale and avondale last year)and the comp has not been as strong as years gone by but it sounds like money is being offerd alot more this year.

I have had calls from people who are acting as agents for overseas players, some are good price's but others should just deal with Yarraville club

hey guys was at local footy today and heard D.portou is going to craigieburn and G.Chappel is a chance to go as well. Very handy pick ups for them. Also who is our money on to go up to Nth A?

ROY G BIV;356878 said:

not sure where you play roy i have played against roachy for along time now and always makes runs against as alway makes them against the better sides and the big games and batts in the top 4 and would in any side. blokes i no from other clubs all say the same thing big mouth but can back it up just had a look at my cricket he made 400 last year same as windy not bad for a ordinary year and top score in s/f last year and made runs against k/park who one the g/f last year i think he also top scored in the na1 g/f 2 years ago .if any one nos his number my club still has some money left for a good bat..i would say there will be a few clubs after him.can anyone give me his number we have money left for a good bat he would be great for our club.he plays the game very hard which is what my club needs.we also have some money for a bowler.why has he left tulla.maybe m/v should give him a ring GURU if wild panda is wright that your in the no at the valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back