North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

goneforplenty;357705 said:
Speaking of recruits can anyone shed some light on where some of these ex captain coaches might be playing next year. Steve Brne(Is Albion an option?), Suares(will anyone want him?), Manning(surely wont play with Jeffrey)+ If Albion has no money their import is a good player, Avo's import? If Avo have lost Jeffrey and import they wont win a game. Throw in losing Albers and both Dodds from the year before and that is a mass exodus.

Sorry for my ignorance but this Dodds wouldn't be Ritchie Dodds by chance the former Australian U/19 bowler would it?

jika jika;358125 said:
Taylors were keen to go up, they have been very successful (on carpet) winning their last 3 premierships in a standard equal to nth b. They have some good senior players with lots of turf experience. If its a wrong decision, they will finish bottom 2 and be relegated and can find their feet in nth b, if not what a great decision to test themselves against better opposition by a massive club (7 or 8 senior sides, truckloads of junior sides) who is obviously keen to improve. Good luck to them.

jika jika

How do you think Werribee Centrals will go in North A?

Speaking of recruits can anyone shed some light on where some of these ex captain coaches might be playing next year. Steve Brne(Is Albion an option?), Suares(will anyone want him?), Manning(surely wont play with Jeffrey)+ If Albion has no money their import is a good player, Avo's import? If Avo have lost Jeffrey and import they wont win a game. Throw in losing Albers and both Dodds from the year before and that is a mass exodus.

Heard that Suares is coaching Sunshine in the subbies

10notout;358144 said:
jika jika

Isnt NorthA a shadow of its former self.
5 clubs moved on to North.
It sound like a whole new ball game.
Good luck to T.L. think they will surprise a few douting thomases.
3 peat suggests there is talent there.
Werribee and TL will in essence be playing the 4,5,6 best sides of last year.
Sounds even to me lets wait and see.
proof will be in the pudding.

Most thought AVO would be relegated last season, don't write us off.

BigCoq;358164 said:

Well said Big Coq. The transition from Matting to Turf is a big step for any club but only a positive one. This will seperate the average cricketers from the good cricketers. But if T.L can knock off the big teams, that will prove their worth in that division. If not it will be a learning curve.

Happy;358175 said:
Well said Big Coq. The transition from Matting to Turf is a big step for any club but only a positive one. This will seperate the average cricketers from the good cricketers. But if T.L can knock off the big teams, that will prove their worth in that division. If not it will be a learning curve.

I wonder how many clubs train on synthetic wickets ? I know ours does yet we all play on turf.
Would think it wouldn't make that much difference

slow medium;357715 said:
Heard that Suares is coaching Sunshine in the subbies

Sunshine have not seen success for a long time and obviously the committee have committed to MORE pain this coming season. Suares = no success, no personality and NObody but himself

Only surprise with T/L going up is they don't have a turf wicket for this year.

You would think there one's will play away all year like greenvale did when they first came in. And there seconds will play on Sunday.

Has anyone heard anything different on this ?

Canary Yellow;357739 said:
Sunshine have not seen success for a long time and obviously the committee have committed to MORE pain this coming season. Suares = no success, no personality and NObody but himself

i have played this bloke for manys years now canary yellow your spot on mate apart fom what u have said also no heart when it gets hard he goes missing and after what he done to F/U last year how could any club think he can be any good for there club.but then again thats why sunshine have always been weak.

slow medium;358176 said:
I wonder how many clubs train on synthetic wickets ? I know ours does yet we all play on turf.

my experience is that ANY training "turf" wickets are generally nothing like match day pitches

players do need to amend their games to suit pitch conditions and variances that occur from pitch to pitch

anyone coming from synthetic decks to turf that think it's going to be an easy transition is kidding themselves

can at times take more than a season to acclimatise

If posts about Courts to MV and Portou to Cragieburn are true.Anyone know who will be their replacements at Gr$$nVal$, surely they won't be promoting a local lad whos has been performing in the 2's or in juniors in recent years.

Haven' heard much about who the following clubs are targetting as paid players. Any new from them.

Seddon,EK, Avondale,Albion,parkville,westmeadows,KP etc

He who knows best;358194 said:
my experience is that ANY training "turf" wickets are generally nothing like match day pitches

players do need to amend their games to suit pitch conditions and variances that occur from pitch to pitch

anyone coming from synthetic decks to turf that think it's going to be an easy transition is kidding themselves

What about comps that play both, just about all clubs would do pre season on synthetic wickets. Having played turf cricket for over 20 years, and done 90% training on synthetic wickets it makes hardly any difference. They only people i see who struggled are guys who came from district down to vtca, as the pitches there are belters, as most in this comp are slow and low

ROY G BIV;358063 said:
If posts about Courts to MV and Portou to Cragieburn are true.Anyone know who will be their replacements at Gr$$nVal$, surely they won't be promoting a local lad whos has been performing in the 2's or in juniors in recent years.

Haven' heard much about who the following clubs are targetting as paid players. Any new from them.

Ek has a new coach assist coach and captain. speaking 2 a couple off Poms and have a few new players coming down to training. Plus a few old players coming back to the club. looking at 4 or 5 senior teams this year plus 2 under 16's 2 under 14's 2 under 12's so numbers are looking up

7/564;358066 said:
Ek has a new coach assist coach and captain. speaking 2 a couple off Poms and have a few new players coming down to training. Plus a few old players coming back to the club. looking at 4 or 5 senior teams this year plus 2 under 16's 2 under 14's 2 under 12's so numbers are looking up

Sounds good.

Knew from ur previous post that Butters and young Barton would be assuming the coaching +captaincy duties but didn't know if u blokes were after a paid player? Would be intersting to see who u get i reckon 1/2 quality bloke can make a massive difference to a competitive 1st X1.

BigCoq;358164 said:

anyone who thinks na1 will be even are kidding them self st.albans with who they have got & who they have picked up will win it by that far its a joke the will bowl side out for under 100 ever game there batting will just make them.

202 n.o;358199 said:
anyone who thinks na1 will be even are kidding them self st.albans with who they have got & who they have picked up will win it by that far its a joke the will bowl side out for under 100 ever game there batting will just make them.

ur putting to much stock in names and reputations. Age deminishes talent
big deal if they blow every one away they go up thats the beaty of this comp. This year will be a massive learning curve for all teams new and old.
only takes a slight error for a shot to be a six or an edge.
If they were that good any way they would have went up and presented a compeling case as did T.L.
How Old are there gun recruits anyway. The might be cashing in before the steam runs out. Slightly sceptical.

ahh McGain;358076 said:
Cragieburn and Taylors Lakes have got the 2 spots to go up to north A
Why even think about putting TL up?

Taylors were keen to go up, they have been very successful (on carpet) winning their last 3 premierships in a standard equal to nth b. They have some good senior players with lots of turf experience. If its a wrong decision, they will finish bottom 2 and be relegated and can find their feet in nth b, if not what a great decision to test themselves against better opposition by a massive club (7 or 8 senior sides, truckloads of junior sides) who is obviously keen to improve. Good luck to them.

ROY G BIV;358063 said:

Avo have no money Roy :D

jika jika;358125 said:

jika jika

BigCoq;358205 said:
ur putting to much stock in names and reputations. Age deminishes talent
big deal if they blow every one away they go up thats the beaty of this comp. This year will be a massive learning curve for all teams new and old.
only takes a slight error for a shot to be a six or an edge.
If they were that good any way they would have went up and presented a compeling case as did T.L.
How Old are there gun recruits anyway. The might be cashing in before the steam runs out. Slightly sceptical.

Funny Game Cricket $$$$$ CC and Tulla could nt make the GF

10notout;358144 said:
jika jika

my Abers contact said they have not sealed the deal with Green
also recruited an Ex Northcote player named Imran Khan
anyone heard of him ?

If its the same Imran Khan that played at Rupertswood 2 years ago he is a dud.

BigCoq;358164 said:

slow medium;358176 said:
Most clubs would now be training on synthetic wickets due to the water restrictions. Our club used to have a couple of turf wickets but now we've replaced them with synthetic wickets. It's a shame that I myself can't train on turf wickets because it's hard to adapt from synthetic to turf. I've always wondered though why we can't train on one of the turf blocks out on the square? It's not like it'd be hard to do.

Happy;358175 said:

Only surprise with T/L going up is they don't have a turf wicket for this year.

You would think there one's will play away all year like greenvale did when they first came in. And there seconds will play on Sunday.

Has anyone heard anything different on this ?

He who knows best;358304 said:
fit right in then

lol...Good on:eek:
i know aber's are a cellar dweller cricket club & most on this forum are happy to oblige when it comes to hanging Sh** on 'em. I wonder y that is?
Most ppl like to have a crack @ silver spooners but in VTCA Abers are an exception. Funny stuff though!!!

slow medium;358176 said:

There might be a few big mouths down there at abers but i will give them credit because they always come in for a beer and a chat after the game

He who knows best;358194 said:

What about comps that play both, just about all clubs would do pre season on synthetic wickets. Having played turf cricket for over 20 years, and done 90% training on synthetic wickets it makes hardly any difference. They only people i see who struggled are guys who came from district down to vtca, as the pitches there are belters, as most in this comp are slow and low

He who knows best;358196 said:
my Abers contact said they have not sealed the deal with Green
also recruited an Ex Northcote player named Imran Khan
anyone heard of him ?

Hopefully there is no money changing hands!

recent member to the forum....really enjoy the commentary!
just to add to the rumour file had a few beers at the glady last night and a few of the tulla boys informed me of the following:

d.roach was sacked at tulla......apparently he had a huge spat with the vice president and both parties decided to go the other way. this is after the club and roach parted in early may because roach rejected a reduced offer from the club.roach went to the market could not find a gig as no club was prepared to pay him full rate as he can only train once a week and wanted the club to find a 'practice captain' to take all the training session. came back to tulla for a reduced figure. the club then put some conditions surrounding roach dodgy hammy and incentives around some of the junior players performing this year...roach did not accept this....then told the VP that club kids are not that good....Good bye roach!

tulla have not recruited....windy will captain/coach and loss of zahorodni, could struggle in Senior A???

BigCoq;358164 said:

i heard a slightly different version. Roach agreed to terms with the Tulla Prez, but then a new committee came in and decided to review the terms of the agreed upon deal. When they stated to add in stipulations about training, performance etc, Roach walked. It's terrible form by a club to agreed with a player and then change their mind. You just can't do that and, if totally true, then I hope they have trouble recruiting in the future.

But the original deal Roach was on was stupid to begin with. He's a good to very good bat, but is past his peak, has dodgy hammies and can't train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back