North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Genuine_No12;357482 said:
The bottom line is that no matter which clubs went up, there would be comments that the wrong teams had been moved up (ie. plenty written on Abers to this point).

Obviously without knowing the criteria, and what the clubs put in their presentations all you can do from the sidelines is guess.

If these clubs got it wrong, then they can always look forward to North B in 2010/11.

good to see abers finally back were they should be, they have been saved too many times.the prez would be spewin as he wanted them to be the next douttas or strathmores of the vtca and now there the next seabrooks and kingsvilles of the vtca.bout time.

Ok lets get some perspective here...

1) All clubs are in the recruiting process at this time of year so singling out Moonee Valley as the only club "throwing the cash" around is naive.
2) In response to the person who said "why would they want to go there?" My answer to that is Why wouldnt they!!! We are a succesful, proud club with a history of success. we have an outstanding junior program, have 10 mens and 2 womens teams, provide a home for players with disabilities to play a game of cricket and interact with others in a friendly environment.
we have 17 junior teams and play cricket on our ground every Friday night,Saturday and Sunday. We have a side dedicated to fathers/Sons to play together and the social aspect of our club is phenomenal.
3) In regards to cash for players, as the current recruiting manager i can assure you that we have a budget that would be half of those that some other clubs have access to. We like to think that we use what we have well, hence our "targetting" of certain types of player.
4) As soon as we finalise our playing list for the upcoming season I will be the first to let everyone know through this site.

Until then Im sure facts wont get in the way of a good story/gossip!!!

But thats what we love about this time of year hey!!!:rolleyes:

Uncle Windows;356970 said:
AH Definately don't have the dollars - you goose! How would you know! maybe we found some at the end of your rainbow.

:) Godd stuff Uncle.

Your import & his agent told certain clubs that AH didn't have the $'s to keep import,while u were trying to play in the finals ur import & folk oin his behalf were shopping around for a better deal.
That's how i know?

As far as ur current budget ofcourse i wouldn't know, but i did read an article in the local paper that ur president was stepping down & u lost TJ anD Import due to money drying up.

Maybe since then u have found another goose @ avo who lays a golden egg

202 n.o;357524 said:
it wont matter guru i have heard moonee valley have got roach on that deck will make plenty and the A/H import will take 70 wickets in that comp so it wont matter whos in that comp it will be m/v and st.albans

MV, mmmm! I get smashed when I even suggest MV have plenty of dollars. My only worry is with all the money they have spent over the last 4 years or so they have come up with a losing grand final and 3 or 4 5th or 6th's. You would rather pay nothing and finish 7th, if Roach is there and the rumours are true about Budda Courts they will be hard to beat. Their bowling stocks need a touch up though, good luck to them they deserve to be in North A at least. Abers have fun, would be a same to see more of the same but certainly wouldn't be a surprise.

Taylors lakes and Craigieburn are the new clubs to come up 2 North A.

i would still profur that it stayed 8 teams play each other in a one day and a two day.

So it will be interesting to see the make up of the fixture.

Good luck to Craigieburn and Taylors Lakes

courts is staying at greenvale ,word is he looked around everywhere and then just went back to greenvale and asked them to top the best offer he got and no worries they did plus more , and roach good signing at mooney valley good bat and good captain.

7/564;357445 said:

i would still profur that it stayed 8 teams play each other in a one day and a two day.

Aberfeldie finally miss the gravy train :eek:

wonder how their new recruits will react to that

i am told that moonee valley have added AH import , GREENVALE pridham and roach two bowlers and a gun bat..missed glen courts to a very good deal to stay with greenvale. so this should help them get into top 4. craigieburn and taylors lakes in north a ???? i dont think craigieburn will be that bad but taylors lake will find it hard.:cool:

He who knows best;357447 said:
Aberfeldie finally miss the gravy train :eek:

wonder how their new recruits will react to that

Pretty sure there new recruits new they were in North B when they signed up

tim darcy;357544 said:
courts is staying at greenvale ,word is he looked around everywhere and then just went back to greenvale and asked them to top the best offer he got and no worries they did plus more , and roach good signing at mooney valley good bat and good captain.

Shame he won't be captain as they have reappointed the Gooch. Spoke with Glen at the end of last year and he was looking at the options available. Good bloke and would have a huge difference to any club he went to, he provides a fantastic example for the kids at Greenvale and has worked with them over the last 3 years. Pridham, mmmmmm. He may be good for them, tough wicket for a bolwer every second game though. As I have said previously, good luck to them they deserve to be there given they played in a grand final.

7/564;357445 said:

Gob smacked! How could the executive give the go ahead to an unknown quanity and a side that has been ordinary in its results for a long time. Last year was the first year in a few that they were competitive. As Pauline would say, 'please explain'.

Has anyone heard about the import rules for this season.

Is it still one per club or can you have as many as you like as long as you come under 54 points

Guru14;357451 said:
Gob smacked! How could the executive give the go ahead to an unknown quanity and a side that has been ordinary in its results for a long time. Last year was the first year in a few that they were competitive. As Pauline would say, 'please explain'.

Gotta agree with you there Guru. I can sort of see where they are coming from but it seems to go against everything VTCA usually follow. 2 of the biggest growing areas would be the reason but that doesnt mean they will automatically have competitive players. TL is an unknown quatity so i can't comment there but Craigieburn have had a poor record and last year only came with a rush at the end on the back of some big scores. Heard the rumour of Portou going there but its not bats they need. Their bowling is terrible. One would hope they pick up at least 3 bowlers otherwise they are going to be chasing alot of runs! Imlach ok but must be getting on and thats it. Dunno if Woodgate is back or if they get Robinson back playing but they would need those in addition to a top front liner.
I see the AH international is being shopped around so maybe he's the answer!!!

The bottom line is that no matter which clubs went up, there would be comments that the wrong teams had been moved up (ie. plenty written on Abers to this point).

Obviously without knowing the criteria, and what the clubs put in their presentations all you can do from the sidelines is guess.

If these clubs got it wrong, then they can always look forward to North B in 2010/11.

7/564;357600 said:
I've answered my own question.

You can have as many as you like as long as you stay under 54 points

Speaking of recruits can anyone shed some light on where some of these ex captain coaches might be playing next year. Steve Brne(Is Albion an option?), Suares(will anyone want him?), Manning(surely wont play with Jeffrey)+ If Albion has no money their import is a good player, Avo's import? If Avo have lost Jeffrey and import they wont win a game. Throw in losing Albers and both Dodds from the year before and that is a mass exodus.

Snagglepuss;357481 said:
Gotta agree with you there Guru. I can sort of see where they are coming from but it seems to go against everything VTCA usually follow. 2 of the biggest growing areas would be the reason but that doesnt mean they will automatically have competitive players. TL is an unknown quatity so i can't comment there but Craigieburn have had a poor record and last year only came with a rush at the end on the back of some big scores. Heard the rumour of Portou going there but its not bats they need. Their bowling is terrible. One would hope they pick up at least 3 bowlers otherwise they are going to be chasing alot of runs! Imlach ok but must be getting on and thats it. Dunno if Woodgate is back or if they get Robinson back playing but they would need those in addition to a top front liner.
I see the AH international is being shopped around so maybe he's the answer!!!

Is ur import from last year signed on for this year?
Are u blokes expecting ti lose anyone from last year.

goneforplenty;357705 said:
Speaking of recruits can anyone shed some light on where some of these ex captain coaches might be playing next year. Steve Brne(Is Albion an option?), Suares(will anyone want him?), Manning(surely wont play with Jeffrey)+ If Albion has no money their import is a good player, Avo's import? If Avo have lost Jeffrey and import they wont win a game. Throw in losing Albers and both Dodds from the year before and that is a mass exodus.

Sorry for my ignorance but this Dodds wouldn't be Ritchie Dodds by chance the former Australian U/19 bowler would it?

Guru14;357451 said:

it wont matter guru i have heard moonee valley have got roach on that deck will make plenty and the A/H import will take 70 wickets in that comp so it wont matter whos in that comp it will be m/v and st.albans

Heard that Suares is coaching Sunshine in the subbies

Genuine_No12;357482 said:

good to see abers finally back were they should be, they have been saved too many times.the prez would be spewin as he wanted them to be the next douttas or strathmores of the vtca and now there the next seabrooks and kingsvilles of the vtca.bout time.

Most thought AVO would be relegated last season, don't write us off.

202 n.o;357524 said:

MV, mmmm! I get smashed when I even suggest MV have plenty of dollars. My only worry is with all the money they have spent over the last 4 years or so they have come up with a losing grand final and 3 or 4 5th or 6th's. You would rather pay nothing and finish 7th, if Roach is there and the rumours are true about Budda Courts they will be hard to beat. Their bowling stocks need a touch up though, good luck to them they deserve to be in North A at least. Abers have fun, would be a same to see more of the same but certainly wouldn't be a surprise.

slow medium;357715 said:
Heard that Suares is coaching Sunshine in the subbies

Sunshine have not seen success for a long time and obviously the committee have committed to MORE pain this coming season. Suares = no success, no personality and NObody but himself

Canary Yellow;357739 said:
Sunshine have not seen success for a long time and obviously the committee have committed to MORE pain this coming season. Suares = no success, no personality and NObody but himself

i have played this bloke for manys years now canary yellow your spot on mate apart fom what u have said also no heart when it gets hard he goes missing and after what he done to F/U last year how could any club think he can be any good for there club.but then again thats why sunshine have always been weak.

i am told that moonee valley have added AH import , GREENVALE pridham and roach two bowlers and a gun bat..missed glen courts to a very good deal to stay with greenvale. so this should help them get into top 4. craigieburn and taylors lakes in north a ???? i dont think craigieburn will be that bad but taylors lake will find it hard.:cool:

If posts about Courts to MV and Portou to Cragieburn are true.Anyone know who will be their replacements at Gr$$nVal$, surely they won't be promoting a local lad whos has been performing in the 2's or in juniors in recent years.

Haven' heard much about who the following clubs are targetting as paid players. Any new from them.

Seddon,EK, Avondale,Albion,parkville,westmeadows,KP etc

tim darcy;357544 said:

Shame he won't be captain as they have reappointed the Gooch. Spoke with Glen at the end of last year and he was looking at the options available. Good bloke and would have a huge difference to any club he went to, he provides a fantastic example for the kids at Greenvale and has worked with them over the last 3 years. Pridham, mmmmmm. He may be good for them, tough wicket for a bolwer every second game though. As I have said previously, good luck to them they deserve to be there given they played in a grand final.

ROY G BIV;358063 said:
If posts about Courts to MV and Portou to Cragieburn are true.Anyone know who will be their replacements at Gr$$nVal$, surely they won't be promoting a local lad whos has been performing in the 2's or in juniors in recent years.

Haven' heard much about who the following clubs are targetting as paid players. Any new from them.

Seddon,EK, Avondale,Albion,parkville,westmeadows,KP etc

Ek has a new coach assist coach and captain. speaking 2 a couple off Poms and have a few new players coming down to training. Plus a few old players coming back to the club. looking at 4 or 5 senior teams this year plus 2 under 16's 2 under 14's 2 under 12's so numbers are looking up

Has anyone heard about the import rules for this season.

Is it still one per club or can you have as many as you like as long as you come under 54 points

7/564;358066 said:
Ek has a new coach assist coach and captain. speaking 2 a couple off Poms and have a few new players coming down to training. Plus a few old players coming back to the club. looking at 4 or 5 senior teams this year plus 2 under 16's 2 under 14's 2 under 12's so numbers are looking up

Sounds good.

Knew from ur previous post that Butters and young Barton would be assuming the coaching +captaincy duties but didn't know if u blokes were after a paid player? Would be intersting to see who u get i reckon 1/2 quality bloke can make a massive difference to a competitive 1st X1.

7/564;357600 said:
I've answered my own question.

You can have as many as you like as long as you stay under 54 points

ahh McGain;358076 said:
Cragieburn and Taylors Lakes have got the 2 spots to go up to north A
Why even think about putting TL up?

Taylors were keen to go up, they have been very successful (on carpet) winning their last 3 premierships in a standard equal to nth b. They have some good senior players with lots of turf experience. If its a wrong decision, they will finish bottom 2 and be relegated and can find their feet in nth b, if not what a great decision to test themselves against better opposition by a massive club (7 or 8 senior sides, truckloads of junior sides) who is obviously keen to improve. Good luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back