North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Interesting challenge - I'm pretty new to Nth A as well but will get discussion started...

Quicks: Pizarro and Avo's import seem walk ups - FU import ? and Suares? Brne? (or is he ineligible now?) Zarodni? Major (not reall considering him as I am not sure who he is or what he bowls)

Spinner - Jeffrey or Shanahan?

Keeper - R.Misiti? McKay? any other good ones around?

Bats - Windrige, J Misiti Roach Preece ? Tough calls to be made

Other allrounders ? Bainbridge Lambeth

Ok, decision time

S McKay (FU)
S Windrige (Tulla)
J Misiti (KP)
D Roach (Tulla)
T Jeffrey (Avo)
B Bainbidge (PV)
G Lambeth (WM)
D Zarodni (Tulla)
W Suares (FU)
A Pizzaro (GVale)
S Kambura...etc (Avon)

Probably a few too many bowlers but most the best players in this sort of cricket do both...

Hi Big Z,

i think u have picked a good side but i think M.Nyhus from Abers has to be in the side apart from last season he has made loads of runs in the VTCA.

Blake Lively;289665 said:
Hi Big Z,

i think u have picked a good side but i think M.Nyhus from Abers has to be in the side apart from last season he has made loads of runs in the VTCA.

when is your next gig at the Comedy Festival ? :p:p

funniest thing I have seen in a long time

beached as;289919 said:
East Keilor over the line for their first win in 2 seasons over Parkville today.

EK 243 to PD 215.

Abers on the way now boys to B1 or are we still beating the old potential drum!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely this is the straw that has broken the camels back.

Dingo, what's going on with Aberfeldie Park, they are in some strife now. Tough run after Xmas once they get over MV this week. That's a MV with A Perera coming off a lazy 157, they are going to need some help. 2 games against HC help but I just don't think things a clicking at the bears. Pascu none fa against a side he took 11 in a match. Hold on to your hats it's getting windy at Bruce Street:eek:

Guru14;290152 said:
Abers on the way now boys to B1 or are we still beating the old potential drum!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely this is the straw that has broken the camels back.

have Abers had a walkout of players ?

where is Berzins who had been batting at 3 for them & Hickmott the young player who was batting 6/7 and getting some wickets for them early in the season ?

apart from Shanahan there team looks very much like it has in the past years when they have not won anything anyway

8 Aberfeldie 5 0 1 1 2 1 55 772 47 986 30.12
9 Footscray United 5 0 1 1 3 0 47 1073 43 1047 28.33
10 Parkville District 5 0 1 1 2 1 62 977 40 818 26.77
11 Albion 5 0 1 1 3 0 43 810 47 1335 26.50
12 East Keilor 5 0 1 1 3 0 58 1074 31 957 25.94

the 4 underlined are the one's in danger FU better lift if they want to be outside that group. They have enough good players to make it out of the relegation zone however

St Albans and seddon for mine were the 2 imppressive winners in this rnd.
Footscray showed some guts to not lose outrigt however u have to question the wisdom of tulla batting on in the 1st innigs, in hindsight should've put united striught in once they went pass them in the 1st innings. Hearing from the AHeights v Keilor Park game, avondale should've won that one apparently had KP @ 9 for 90 odd then let 'em get 140. Still their batters should've got the runs looking at the scorecard only 3 reached double figures,extras was the 4th highest scorer for 'em that's not good enough, KP got outta jail for mine. Althogh kp is 4-0 i still think this years race is wide open, top half a dozen should be able to beat each other on any given day.

Congrats to EK solid win, should give the lads some confidence for remainder of this season.

Westmeadows have a tough few rnds coming up, looking at their draw if they make the finals they well n truely would deserve to be there but i reckon they'll just fall finish outside the 4, only beacuse of their draw for remainder of the season + correct me if i am wrong they really haven't knocked off any of the frontrunners yet.

Who do u reckon was the most disappointed club this week, ie should've won but didn't? Let an excellent opportunity slip?

At first glance i can't separate among Albion, Aheights & greenvale. Albion and Avondale especially had winning possies. OK i'll gte off the fnece for this one: My pick would be Avondale simply because it was 1 v 2 & not many clubs have a chance to remain undefeated after rnd 5. could've set up the season perfectly going into the last rnd b4 the chris/new year break.

St Alb was a top effort with the Cap/Coach and players out of there recently

comments about the season being open is very true with 4th to last only 2 games seperating them all

KP & Tulla are locks for the finals now so currently 3rd to 7th and maybe FU are fighting for the other 2 spots

Round 6
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Footscray United v Greenvale Angliss Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Albion v Avondale Heights Robert Bruce Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Keilor Park v Aberfeldie Keilor Park Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) St Albans v East Keilor Kings Park Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Westmeadows v Tullamarine Tullamarine Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Parkville District v Seddon Brens Oval View

Westmeadows v Tulla the game of the round ??

Could be a few smashings on the cards here - Santa might come early for Keilor Park in the form of an outright result ?

Hi Big Z,

Half decent North A side, can anyone come up with a side from North B to compete against them. Abers to get relegated and another interesting question who will win a game first, Craigieburn or Hoppers?

The Big Zee;289621 said:
Interesting challenge - I'm pretty new to Nth A as well but will get discussion started...

Quicks: Pizarro and Avo's import seem walk ups - FU import ? and Suares? Brne? (or is he ineligible now?) Zarodni? Major (not reall considering him as I am not sure who he is or what he bowls)

Ok, decision time

S McKay (FU)
S Windrige (Tulla)
J Misiti (KP)
D Roach (Tulla)
T Jeffrey (Avo)
B Bainbidge (PV)
G Lambeth (WM)
D Zarodni (Tulla)
W Suares (FU)
A Pizzaro (GVale)
S Kambura...etc (Avon)

Probably a few too many bowlers but most the best players in this sort of cricket do both...

Good side, John Bell from EK would be up there for an allrounder spot

The Big Zee;289621 said:

Ok, decision time

S McKay (FU)
S Windrige (Tulla)
J Misiti (KP)
D Roach (Tulla)
T Jeffrey (Avo)
B Bainbidge (PV)
G Lambeth (WM)
D Zarodni (Tulla)
W Suares (FU)
A Pizzaro (GVale)
S Kambura...etc (Avon)

This is always hard to do but T Dunn from St Albans would definetly be in the side.
I would also have R Misiti is as keeper as he is the most dangerous batsmen in the league.

brains01;290473 said:
This is always hard to do but T Dunn from St Albans would definetly be in the side.
I would also have R Misiti is as keeper as he is the most dangerous batsmen in the league.

Here's mine 2 bobs worth:

A preece (FU)
S Windrige (Tulla)
B Bainbidge (PV)
J Misiti (KP)
T Jeffrey (Avo)
W Suares (FU)
+R Misiti (KP))
T Dunn(St Albans)
D Zarodni (Tulla)
S Kambura...etc (Avon)
A Pizzaro (GVale)
12th Man- W Kosteas (WestMeadows)-Have to reward him for his early Season form.

As stated in an earlier post plenty all rounders meaning lots of bowling options, u could open with S Kambura.. + either of Suares or T dunn, u have got the best spinner in Nth A B Sen A in T Jeffrey and other doddlers in Pizzaro,Zahorindid and bainbridge, windrige goes ok as well.

Batting well they all can bat, but apart form windrige and @ his best jeffrey others may struggle against a top sen division bowling attack, in Nth A they all go ok

Guru14;290152 said:

Dingo, what's going on with Aberfeldie Park, they are in some strife now. Tough run after Xmas once they get over MV this week. That's a MV with A Perera coming off a lazy 157, they are going to need some help. 2 games against HC help but I just don't think things a clicking at the bears. Pascu none fa against a side he took 11 in a match. Hold on to your hats it's getting windy at Bruce Street:eek:

As usual Guru you have a good handle on things. It appears Aberfeldie Park are at the cross roads at this stage of the season. It's up to them. Are they just having fun or do they want to play finals?

I believe the top four will come from the current top five. AP have two more games against flem. Beat them twice and they should make it, providing the other games go to plan.

As I suggested in an earlier post (Old man emu) Albers is due to fire and I notice he made 88 in his last hit. Surprising he only took one wicket though off 16 overs with an economy rate of less than three. Bowlers that set themselves for long spells tend to bowl at three quarter rat power. He needs to find an extra yard or two or he'll just become cannon fodder with no penetration. He probably needs to get fitter and stay off the turps on a thursday and friday night so he can come out firing on a sat. If he wants to fire on a sat he needs to stay off the piss late in the week. Age is catching up. It's a case of the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Perhaps.

Rumour has it that the big fella (Manning) has allegedly retired from Footscray United and is gone for the season. Apparently Suares injury is a bulging disc which will keep him out for a couple of games. The injury came at a convenient time, so soon after the big blow up between Manning and Suares.

I notice Manning went for 29 off three overs last game. Now he allegedly hates Preece who was acting skipper for the game.

How fortunes change.

The much loved man(Manning) calls it a day after 10 years at f/u. A premiership captain coach 98/99 for Footscray United.

Dingo_Jones;291192 said:
Rumour has it that the big fella (Manning) has allegedly retired from Footscray United and is gone for the season. Apparently Suares injury is a bulging disc which will keep him out for a couple of games. The injury came at a convenient time, so soon after the big blow up between Manning and Suares.

I notice Manning went for 29 off three overs last game. Now he allegedly hates Preece who was acting skipper for the game.

How fortunes change.

The much loved man(Manning) calls it a day after 10 years at f/u. A premiership captain coach 98/99 for Footscray United.

Well if that's true then i suggets its an end of an era for FootUnited, a rather successful period in their history as far as the 1X1 is concerned.

I remember they used to be cellar dewellars in the SCA and then Ash CCoached a very competitive side to a flag against ST Albans if my memory is correct. Then in the VTCA he led the club to a number of Finals appearnaces with out ever really threatning to win the Flag. Age eventually cathes up to all with us even if we like it or not, so again if this rumor is true. THen well played Ash, as they say love him or loathe him the big Fella can be regarded as a terrific Cricketer @ this level with Bat and bowl. Not many Vtca Cricketers have a district 1X1 100 next to their name, Ash did for NthMelbourne and 10 years @ 1 club that deserves some acknowlegement, somehow i don't think suares will be @ footunited for 10 years :) would be intersted to know if he actually spent more than a couple of years @ any club. I may be wrong but i reckon he's one of those blokes who believes in always looking after no:1, club is a distant second if that. Sorry very harsh who knows maybe i am wrong about that?

OK bigfella, Goodluck with ur footy coaching, it was always fun playing against you, never short of a word, even when your leggies bounced 10 times before reaching the batter more than a few didn't even reach the batsman...but ur were always competitive & that's what we like to see.

Dingo_Jones;291188 said:
As usual Guru you have a good handle on things. It appears Aberfeldie Park are at the cross roads at this stage of the season. It's up to them. Are they just having fun or do they want to play finals?

I believe the top four will come from the current top five. AP have two more games against flem. Beat them twice and they should make it, providing the other games go to plan.

As I suggested in an earlier post (Old man emu) Albers is due to fire and I notice he made 88 in his last hit. Surprising he only took one wicket though off 16 overs with an economy rate of less than three. Bowlers that set themselves for long spells tend to bowl at three quarter rat power. He needs to find an extra yard or two or he'll just become cannon fodder with no penetration. He probably needs to get fitter and stay off the turps on a thursday and friday night so he can come out firing on a sat. If he wants to fire on a sat he needs to stay off the piss late in the week. Age is catching up. It's a case of the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Perhaps.

Unfortunately DJ they can't rely on Matty to do everything at some point guys have to stand up. T-Booth was out last game and is due back this week which will help. The problem with the side from where I sit is that there are a few who have positioned themselves in the side so that the rest of the side works around what they feel as though they should be doing. The batting lineup from last week is quite difficult to comprehend but obviously MA feels as though he's got it right, or maybe he is being told he has it right?

You wouldn't play for fun if it meant you were losing, they have a mental block about what it takes to make the finals and to be successful. I know there are a few down there who feel they should be playing in a higher grade but they don't have a application to play B1. What was a disappointing season last year is quickly turning into a disaster this year. I wonder if the CC gets shown the door as has the last 2 in 2 years because of lack of success. MA apparently is in for 3 years, it may be a very looong 3 years!

Hi Big Z,

4 wickets on the weekend I just noticed :rolleyes:

could you suggest that Blake Lively and Aberschangedteam are the same person ? :eek:

one has not posted since he made a real goose of himself and the other posts once with one of the worst statements seen on here

you have to wonder :confused:

this weeks games

Round 6
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Footscray United v Greenvale Angliss Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Albion v Avondale Heights Robert Bruce Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Keilor Park v Aberfeldie Keilor Park Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) St Albans v East Keilor Kings Park Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Westmeadows v Tullamarine Tullamarine Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Parkville District v Seddon Brens Oval View

your thoughts ?

FU to win, Greenvale have won against v.aver teams and are v.lucky to be as high on the ladder as they are due to that

AV Heights to reassert themselves after the result against KP AH seem a very hot and cold unit

KP to win outright

St Alb to start cementing themselves into finals contention

Tulla to win in the match of the round, Westmeadows are in with a chance though

Seddon to smash Parkville who are in major trouble at present (how did they beat Westmeadows ?)

anyone else with an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back