North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

word on the street is that a high ranking official at Aberfeldie Park is very very anxious about facing the express pace of Edrich

in North A who desperately needs to win this game or it's bye bye to their year ?

both for FINALS aspirations and NORTH A non-relegation aspirations ??

One thing is for certain - EAST KEILOR is gawnnnnnn

Deepest throat;287457 said:
I may have under stated my previous post........he is absolutely sh*^ing himself......

Deepest, Mr Edrich throws them at you at a fair rate! Certainly nothing wrong with the evening 2 step towards the SLU. Apparently with a look of :eek:

He who knows best;287468 said:
in North A who desperately needs to win this game or it's bye bye to their year ?

both for FINALS aspirations and NORTH A non-relegation aspirations ??

One thing is for certain - EAST KEILOR is gawnnnnnn

And with no bowlers this week they might struggle, but have some good bats in the side this week

7/564;287475 said:
And with no bowlers this week they might struggle, but have some good bats in the side this week

7 fa, you are obviously a very loyal EK man. How is the club going to survive this year in north A1, having said that injuries haven't helped. I would think the club needs 4 wins to stay in A1 where do you think they can find these wins? You've got Parkville and Seddon to play, maybe a couple of close games but you then have pretty much the clubs that will be fighting for finals positions, it's going to be tough

Guru14;287482 said:
7 fa, you are obviously a very loyal EK man. How is the club going to survive this year in north A1, having said that injuries haven't helped. I would think the club needs 4 wins to stay in A1 where do you think they can find these wins? You've got Parkville and Seddon to play, maybe a couple of close games but you then have pretty much the clubs that will be fighting for finals positions, it's going to be tough

Very tuff, First game and last weeks LBW's will cost us i think.

Next two games will tell a bit more about us.

Batting line up good this week and at least 2 bowlers back for the game against Burnsy mob.

But going to be a long year we think :eek:

7/564;287487 said:
Very tuff, First game and last weeks LBW's will cost us i think.

Next two games will tell a bit more about us.

Batting line up good this week and at least 2 bowlers back for the game against Burnsy mob.

But going to be a long year we think :eek:

5 LBW's has Doug Stanway lost his way, he's usually pretty sound

He who knows best;287488 said:
what happened in the 1st game ?

Sh*t wicket till tea ball kicking and keeping low, then after tea ball just keeping low and not kicking.

no excusses but Aber's def new there wicket thats why they bowled first because it did it the week before in there practice match

Guru14;287489 said:
5 LBW's has Doug Stanway lost his way, he's usually pretty sound

He gave 3, one i would say was out , the bloke from the other end who has never umpried before started the rot when we were 3 for 76 then 4 LBW's in the space of 4 overs never helps.

But thats cricket and one day we will get them our way

surprising they knew something at all especially with their skipper having a brain the size of a pistachio nut

heard their bowling is ok and their batting is terrible (statistics prove this) so any club would be hoping to get them in first to expose this you would suggest

7/564;287492 said:
He gave 3, one i would say was out , the bloke from the other end who has never umpried before started the rot when we were 3 for 76 then 4 LBW's in the space of 4 overs never helps.

But thats cricket and one day we will get them our way

7 fa, umpires forget the LBW's should be the toughest way to give batsmen out, unfortunately they have made so that batsmen are fearful of being struck on the pads and given out. It's started to change the way that guys bat. TV has had plenty to do with this, gone are the days of playing forward and you reduce the chances of being given out. Too many umpires don't know the outside off stump playing a shot you CAN'T be given out! Pitching outside leg stump you CAN'T be given out. They're thinking now days is 'well it would have hit the stumps' mentality, not good enough for me. The good umpires don't give LBW's even when they're close they give the ones that are out, no question. We can't blame anyone as the stocks of umpires have been reduced dramatically, and we are in the situation where first up umpires are umpiring A1 games:confused:

He who knows best;287494 said:
surprising they knew something at all especially with their skipper having a brain the size of a pistachio nut

heard their bowling is ok and their batting is terrible (statistics prove this) so any club would be hoping to get them in first to expose this you would suggest

Who you talking about?

Guru14;287417 said:
Dingo I think Centrals might beat AP, no Leon Townsend Booth for the Bears which weakens their batting given the form he has been in. There wasn't much between them and I thought that AP batting was slightly stronger but now I'm not too sure. With the inclusion of Aaron Edrich, there might be some sleepless nights tonight before tomorrows game. He's the boogie man for a couple of their bats and he boogie man always gets you in the end:eek:

Apparently the skipper of Aberfeldie is a head case, although I've never met him, so can"t speak from experience. I've played with people like that before. They mouth off plenty on the cricket field, but are quiet as church mice out on the street. The're the first one to say what happens out on the ground, stays on the ground. After the game they have long showers and come out when the opposition have gone.

Still even with the handicap I wish Aberfeldie the best as I believe they have the beginings of a good side.

Rumour. Apparently Footscray/U's new coach has aquired an injury that allegedly may put him out for the rest of the season. I hope it's not true as Suares really loves his cricket and the club can ill afford to do without his leadership and his all round cricketing ability.

Dingo_Jones;287639 said:
Apparently the skipper of AP is a head case, although I've never met him, so can"t speak from experience. I've played with people like that before. They mouth off plenty on the cricket field, but are quiet as church mice out on the street. There the first one to say what happens out on the ground, stays on the ground. After the game they have long showers and come out when the opposition have gone.

Still even with the handicap I wish AP the best as I believe they have the beginings of a good side.

Rumour. Apparently Footscray/U's new coach has aquired an injury that allegedly may put him out for the rest of the season. I hope it's not true as Suares really loves his cricket and the club can ill afford to do without his leadership and his all round cricketing ability.

DJ, I have met the skipper and he is a good bloke if we are speaking about Aberfeldie Park! There is always a couple who have a say in all clubs but I think you might have the wrong club mate, personally I know they don't shower for a start:eek: but I have to agree on the second half there a few to chat like a police informant. They have the basis of a great side but I'm not sure they know it yet. Unfortunately they talk up the wrong players and forget the basis that will keep them around after the next 5. They will get the right person running the show and funny part about it is he's right under their nose:cool:

Guru14;287670 said:
DJ, I have met the skipper and he is a good bloke if we are speaking about Aberfeldie Park! There is always a couple who have a say in all clubs but I think you might have the wrong club mate, personally I know they don't shower for a start:eek: but I have to agree on the second half there a few to chat like a police informant. They have the basis of a great side but I'm not sure they know it yet. Unfortunately they talk up the wrong players and forget the basis that will keep them around after the next 5. They will get the right person running the show and funny part about it is he's right under their nose:cool:

Quite correct Guru, I incorrectly mentioned the wrong club. I meant Aberfeldie. Appologiies to AP. If you scroll back, you'll see i've edited my mistake.

fredbassett;286052 said:
big meeting at st albans tonight... romour has it if s byrne continues to bowl all day at least 4 players to walk

exactly my sentiment which I posted sometime ago when I saw byrne had helped himself to 35 overs in an innings.I nearly choked on my Glenlivet. It's a wonder the whole side has'nt walked. I thought he did a pretty good job last season, taking albion to a premiership. Now he has an average team to command he needs to do more as an all rounder and balance the ledger by making more runs .

beached as;286240 said:
Hearing from Matty about his poor behaviour against Foots Utd, he said it was down to his dismissal, being run out.

HE reckons the bowler bowled the ball, he left it through to the keeper, keeper throws it to 1st slip, and then he walks down the wicket to do gardening. 1st slip throws it at the stumps whilst out of his crease. Utd appeal and the only officiating umpire doesen't know the proper rules and gives him out. This was because the St Albans sq leg umpire didn't know the right ruling either.

I'd be pretty angry myself if that happened to me. Any official umpire must know the rules to be able to get a gig in any game. Can't say I'd want to willingly shake too many hands after the game in that instance.

And FYI, the sq leg umpire was no other than S Brne.

If the sequence of events is as you related then that is just plain cheating. We don't need that in cricket. It's amazing the number of cricketers who don't understand the rules of cricket. In this instance, once the ball is tossed to a fieldsman it becomes dead.

I wonder if anyone can tell me at what point it becomes alive again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back