North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Guru14;308302 said:
Firstly let me say I have read your 'side makeup' with interest and I must say I liked the theory. Secondly it looks as though it will be 3 that will go down this year and that could mean definately Abers and unfortunately Albion at this stage. EK are fighting like they haven't fought for a very long time which is great. I was at Overland Reserve on friday night and I'm not sure how the deck played but it looked great. Haven't seen a track there like that for a few years.

I floated an idea of having 2 x North comps based on geographical locations as I believe it was done previously obviously before the VTCA came into effect. Without looking to far into it maybe that could work with a grand final being played between the 2 zones to see who preceeds through to senior A. It would make at this stage 19 teams but I'm sure the VTCA have enough clubs enquiring about entering the comp. 2 x 10 would be ideal and the season could be 9 rounds, all 2 dayers which would mean the season would finish 2 weeks earlier allowing for the extra 2 weeks for the grand final. This idea might sound out there but I think if thought about in the right manner it could have merit

I like your 2x North comps based on geographical locations. It does have merit. However finishing early disadvantages the other clubs who would be sitting around twiddling there thumbs for half of Feb. Or do you plan on playing finals in March as usual.

Guru14;308302 said:
Firstly let me say I have read your 'side makeup' with interest and I must say I liked the theory. Secondly it looks as though it will be 3 that will go down this year and that could mean definately Abers and unfortunately Albion at this stage. EK are fighting like they haven't fought for a very long time which is great. I was at Overland Reserve on friday night and I'm not sure how the deck played but it looked great. Haven't seen a track there like that for a few years.

I floated an idea of having 2 x North comps based on geographical locations as I believe it was done previously obviously before the VTCA came into effect. Without looking to far into it maybe that could work with a grand final being played between the 2 zones to see who preceeds through to senior A. It would make at this stage 19 teams but I'm sure the VTCA have enough clubs enquiring about entering the comp. 2 x 10 would be ideal and the season could be 9 rounds, all 2 dayers which would mean the season would finish 2 weeks earlier allowing for the extra 2 weeks for the grand final. This idea might sound out there but I think if thought about in the right manner it could have merit

On the other hand Guru after some careful thought what if geographically speaking the teams in one of the Nth comps say based in Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Wyndham, Hobsons Bay, etc got pissed off and left en masse and joined say the willy comp. That would be devastating. Probably better the way it is and have the occassional club leave the association. Or started there own comp. Which if they did would eventually colapse.

Dingo_Jones;308332 said:
On the other hand Guru after some careful thought what if geographically speaking the teams in one of the Nth comps say based in Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Wyndham, Hobsons Bay, etc got pissed off and left en masse and joined say the willy comp. That would be devastating. Probably better the way it is and have the occassional club leave the association. Or started there own comp. Which if they did would eventually colapse.

Re Overland reserve, Nippy Sewart makes that wicket. This is his first year back. He's an absolute gun curator. Been makin tracks like that for 30 years or more. Now theres a guy who should be employed by the VTCA to make finals wickets. Speaking of which, the VTCA should spend some of there money to ensure decent tracks for finals by employing curators like Nippy.

I'd like to talk about fielding standards

who in your opinion are the best fielding teams in North A ?

and what teams hurt themselves with ordinary fielding performances with dropped catches and ordinary ground fielding

Dingo_Jones;308142 said:
Your right it's not a dead ball.

However when the ball arrives in the keepers glove and it's obvious to the umpire that the keeper and the batsman have lost interest in proceedings and a satisfactory amount of time in the umpires opinion has elapsed from when the ball arrived in the keepers gloves, then it is "not out"

Some batsman after deciding there are no more runs to be made safely,wander out of there crease to do some gardening before the ball thrown in by a fieldsman arrives in the keepers gloves. The keeper takes the bails off, the batsman who went gardening is "out" This lack of knowledge or concentration by batsman happens alot in the lower grades.

So what you're asying is that it's up to the umpires descretion; in which case if someone is given run out in this scenario the umpire has obviously established that the play is still 'active'.
In that case no one is cheating so please think about what you write before you lay blame.

Dingo_Jones;308332 said:

DJ,not sure whether this would be a problem as surely clubs would embrace less travel time, better standard of cricket etc. It's a tough gig running a competition and I guess the VTCA was formed out of those geographical based comps that didn't work. But i guess using an example there 6 clubs within probably 5-7 km of each other- Abers, Aber Park, EK, Avondale, Keilor Park, Flemington. Then you've got the Westmeadows, Greenvale, Tulla, Craigieburn and Jacana, all of a sudden there are 11 clubs within 20-25 mins of each other. There is always drawbacks but it's food for thought. I would think you could have the home and away season still finish at the end of Feb with some smart planning.

Guru14;308294 said:
DJ, I do remember a WSC game Australia Vs West Indies. Ball is bowled nothing happens, D Murray throws the ball to G. Greenidge who proceeds to throw the stumps down at the bowlers end finding the batsman short of his ground. Decision- Out! The dead ball rule is myth just like 'ducking your head' in footy it doesn't exist. It's more a gentleman's agreement that when the ball reaches the keeper/fieldsman and the game stops (batsman no longer running and bowler is walking to his mark) then the notion is the ball is dead. The ball is only dead when the umpire signals a dead ball or over is called after 6 legal deliveries.

I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO BE ATTEMPTING A RUN TO GET RUNOUT???:confused:

I've heard around the traps that MMVCA + NWCA are merging next season???

Maybe Craigieburn,Moonee Valley,Westmeadows,Greenvale,Tulla,Jacana + the like might move back to that comp,cos it will have 3 turf grades............that would hurt Nth A+B wouldnt it??????

hussler;308920 said:
I've heard around the traps that MMVCA + NWCA are merging next season???

Maybe Craigieburn,Moonee Valley,Westmeadows,Greenvale,Tulla,Jacana + the like might move back to that comp,cos it will have 3 turf grades............that would hurt Nth A+B wouldnt it??????

Apparently that is odds on to happen, I wouldn't think you would lose that many if any. The current MMVCA clubs would love to play on decks not prepared by the council thats for sure

little birdy has told me this morning that another North A Cap Coach has stepped aside with players told at training last night.

club looks certain to be in North B next season so not hard to do the math as to who it is, surprised it took this long.

can anyone from this struggling club confirm this as we know there are plenty of them lurking on here from time to time

if true who is taking over ?

good luck to whoever it is with them on a virtual hiding to nothing

Dingo_Jones;308336 said:
Re Overland reserve, Nippy Sewart makes that wicket. This is his first year back. He's an absolute gun curator. Been makin tracks like that for 30 years or more. Now theres a guy who should be employed by the VTCA to make finals wickets. Speaking of which, the VTCA should spend some of there money to ensure decent tracks for finals by employing curators like Nippy.

Nippy is a freak, If you drive past the ground at 6.30AM he will be out there rolling the wicket.

With the help from Billy hopefully they can keep doing it for a few years to come.

PS they are both great blokes as well, so its great what they do for the club.

7/564;309223 said:
Nippy is a freak, If you drive past the ground at 6.30AM he will be out there rolling the wicket.

With the help from Billy hopefully they can keep doing it for a few years to come.

PS they are both great blokes as well, so its great what they do for the club.

7 fa had a look at it Friday night and it was on the money. Shaw Billy down there early to so you have 2 guys who are very keen which would be the envy of plenty of clubs. Just get the boys heads down for the last few games and make sure North B don't get the advantage of playing on a deck that looks 'A1'

Guru14;309290 said:
7 fa had a look at it Friday night and it was on the money. Shaw Billy down there early to so you have 2 guys who are very keen which would be the envy of plenty of clubs. Just get the boys heads down for the last few games and make sure North B don't get the advantage of playing on a deck that looks 'A1'

If we dont drop 8 catches and lose our last 5 wickets for 0 we should win some more games fingers crossed.

A big game coming up this week againts Seddon

Guru14;309053 said:
If you back up too far hussler and you get caught of your ground- Out! Run out

Run out I agree Guru BUT,backing up is attempting to get a head start to "RUN"......:cool:

hussler;309470 said:
Run out I agree Guru BUT,backing up is attempting to get a head start to "RUN"......:cool:

Is it still an attempt to run when it goes to the keeper and you turn around and take your time getting back. I think every non striker should be kept on their toes by the fielding side if he or she is backing up too far, regardless if they are attempting a run or just getting a head start in case their is a run on offer. At what point do you attempt a run, backing up or actually start running to the strikers end? Many different scenarios with this one, we might have to let it go.

He who knows best;309189 said:
little birdy has told me this morning that another North A Cap Coach has stepped aside with players told at training last night.

club looks certain to be in North B next season so not hard to do the math as to who it is, surprised it took this long.

can anyone from this struggling club confirm this as we know there are plenty of them lurking on here from time to time

if true who is taking over ?

good luck to whoever it is with them on a virtual hiding to nothing

So who was the capt/coach that stepped aside last night.

It is good to see that this season the league is so close and any side can beat another side on there day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back