North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

hussler;308920 said:
I've heard around the traps that MMVCA + NWCA are merging next season???

Maybe Craigieburn,Moonee Valley,Westmeadows,Greenvale,Tulla,Jacana + the like might move back to that comp,cos it will have 3 turf grades............that would hurt Nth A+B wouldnt it??????

Merging the twp comps is a logical idea as most of the mmvca turf clubs play there juniors in the nwca. The other advantage is most of the clubs that would be involved are within cooee of each other. Third, the larger the comp the larger the pool from which to draw competent execs from.

The nwca allegedly have 11 umpires in total.

The nwca have successfully run a hard wicket comp for seniors and juniors for years.

My question is this. What does the mmvca have that could possibly be of benefit to the nwca.

In my opinion the nwca should keep doing what they are good at.

Maybe the mmvca should join the vtca, and adopt some of the guru's ideas along georaphical lines.

He who knows best;309189 said:
little birdy has told me this morning that another North A Cap Coach has stepped aside with players told at training last night.

club looks certain to be in North B next season so not hard to do the math as to who it is, surprised it took this long.

can anyone from this struggling club confirm this as we know there are plenty of them lurking on here from time to time

if true who is taking over ?

good luck to whoever it is with them on a virtual hiding to nothing

You obviously know which club it is, let us all in mate & we might be able to confirm it...

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;310137 said:
Abers!!!!!

sorry guys I was away interstate for work yesterday afternoon and haven't had the chance to get on here till now

Nyhus @ Aberfeldie is what I was told

where are all the Abers regulars on here that pipe up from time to time

can you please confirm this ?

Dingo_Jones;310065 said:
Merging the twp comps is a logical idea as most of the mmvca turf clubs play there juniors in the nwca. The other advantage is most of the clubs that would be involved are within cooee of each other. Third, the larger the comp the larger the pool from which to draw competent execs from.

The nwca allegedly have 11 umpires in total.

The nwca have successfully run a hard wicket comp for seniors and juniors for years.

My question is this. What does the mmvca have that could possibly be of benefit to the nwca.

In my opinion the nwca should keep doing what they are good at.

Maybe the mmvca should join the vtca, and adopt some of the guru's ideas along georaphical lines.

The biggest drawback is the council I think in all of this. If the MMVCA was for example to end and say merge with the VTCA the biggest problem will be the preparation of wickets or lack of. The clubs that play in the MMVCa for example would get to Craigieburn or Greenvale and think to themselves this is ok.

The MMVCA have played a rep game against Coburg over the years and apparently they got to the ground and were all smiles because the wicket was in their opinion a road. The guys from Coburg arrived and proceeded to take a vote on whether to play or not because the wicket they believed was unsafe:eek:

If they were to merge MMVCA and VTCA there would need to be some serious changes to the way the mmvca goes about wicket preparation but having said that there are some quality players going around in A turf who will feel very comfortable playing B1 and for that matter A1. very comfortable in fact.

Guru14;310159 said:
The biggest drawback is the council I think in all of this. If the MMVCA was for example to end and say merge with the VTCA the biggest problem will be the preparation of wickets or lack of. The clubs that play in the MMVCa for example would get to Craigieburn or Greenvale and think to themselves this is ok.

The MMVCA have played a rep game against Coburg over the years and apparently they got to the ground and were all smiles because the wicket was in their opinion a road. The guys from Coburg arrived and proceeded to take a vote on whether to play or not because the wicket they believed was unsafe:eek:

If they were to merge MMVCA and VTCA there would need to be some serious changes to the way the mmvca goes about wicket preparation but having said that there are some quality players going around in A turf who will feel very comfortable playing B1 and for that matter A1. very comfortable in fact.

Word doing the rounds is that the NWCA - MMVCA merger will go ahead.
The reality is a NWCA take over. They tried to manage turf some years ago and mucked it up.
Guru, if you have any influence at yours and other MMVCA Clubs I'd be telling them to head to the VTCA or be prepared to put up with the same teams being run by the Jack Boot brigade at the NWCA.

He who knows best;310144 said:
sorry guys I was away interstate for work yesterday afternoon and haven't had the chance to get on here till now

Nyhus @ Aberfeldie is what I was told

where are all the Abers regulars on here that pipe up from time to time

can you please confirm this ?

been told this afternoon Shanahan is taking over :cool:

some experience should be good for their club from him as leader

he's a good bloke and a hard competitor from memory of his district days

all the best to the club and Shannas in what is going to be a very hard time for them all trying to not be relegated

this weeks games -

Round 8
17 Jan(1:00 PM) Footscray United v Keilor Park Angliss Reserve View
17 Jan(1:00 PM) East Keilor v Seddon Overland Reserve View
17 Jan(1:00 PM) Greenvale v Aberfeldie Greenvale Recreation Reserve View
17 Jan(1:00 PM) St Albans v Westmeadows Kings Park Reserve View
17 Jan(1:00 PM) Tullamarine v Avondale Heights Tullamarine Reserve View
17 Jan(1:00 PM) Parkville District v Albion Brens Oval View

My selections are -

KP
EK
GREENVALE
ST ALB
TULLA
PARKVILLE

He who knows best;310430 said:
this weeks games -

Round 8

My selections are -

KP
EK
GREENVALE
ST ALB
TULLA
PARKVILLE

Where are you Roy G B1V. You need to get your tips in.
Upsets this week.

FU
EK
ABERS
WESTIE
TULLA
PARKV

He who knows best;310430 said:
this weeks games -

Round 8

My selections are -

KP
EK
GREENVALE
ST ALB
TULLA
PARKVILLE

My Selections

KP easy
EK in a game that could decide who go's to NTHB.
Greenvale to strong for Abers
West to beat St Alb
Tulla to beat A.Heights, AH batting is not that strong. If Tulla can see of AH opening bowler they should win.
PD to win in a toss of a coin match

I no its been brought up before at VTCA meetings.

What are people's thoughts on limiting the number of overs people can bowl in one day games.

I think it should be either 4 bowlers 10 overs max Or 5 bowlers 8 Overs each.

I just think it makes it a better one day game when you dont have one bloke bowling 16-17 overs from one end.

I no the NWCA and MMVCA have limited overs for one day games.

What are peoples thoughts

Fine, as long as we limit the amount of runs a batsmen can score. Maybe they can retire at 50!!

I understand the argument, but this is senior cricket, not juniors. The aim is to win the game, not give everyone a go. Why should a team be penalised if their best player is a bowler instead of a batsmen? Take Greenvale. Pizzaro is their gun player. But in a one day game, he is restricted to 8 or 10 overs while the team their playing has a guy who bats for 40 overs and wins them the game. How is that fair??

In my opinion, making a team use 4-5 bowlers in a one day game weakens the quality of the game. If you are good enough to bowl 20 tight overs in a 40 over match, good luck to you! The onus is on the opposition to work you out and score off you. That will get a change in bowling real quick.

IntoThe Wind;311050 said:
Fine, as long as we limit the amount of runs a batsmen can score. Maybe they can retire at 50!!

I understand the argument, but this is senior cricket, not juniors. The aim is to win the game, not give everyone a go. Why should a team be penalised if their best player is a bowler instead of a batsmen? Take Greenvale. Pizzaro is their gun player. But in a one day game, he is restricted to 8 or 10 overs while the team their playing has a guy who bats for 40 overs and wins them the game. How is that fair??

In my opinion, making a team use 4-5 bowlers in a one day game weakens the quality of the game. If you are good enough to bowl 20 tight overs in a 40 over match, good luck to you! The onus is on the opposition to work you out and score off you. That will get a change in bowling real quick.

Fair enough but they do it in every other cricket even Australia when it comes to limited over cricket even 20-20.

IntoThe Wind;311050 said:
If you are good enough to bowl 20 tight overs in a 40 over match, good luck to you! The onus is on the opposition to work you out and score off you. That will get a change in bowling real quick.

So how do you think Craigieburn are going to feel this week facing a Hoppers Crossing side that has dropped down three First XI players into their North B1 side, especially when one is one of the leading wicket takers in Senior A? I am tipping he will be bowling a large chunk of the overs from one end!!

Just FYI one of the other players is Trent Said, the Captain/Coach.

Hardly fair, but it is hardly fair for a 3rd XI being made to face 1st XI's each week as well.

Gavone;311062 said:
So how do you think Craigieburn are going to feel this week facing a Hoppers Crossing side that has dropped down three First XI players into their North B1 side, especially when one is one of the leading wicket takers in Senior A? I am tipping he will be bowling a large chunk of the overs from one end!!

Just FYI one of the other players is Trent Said, the Captain/Coach.

Hardly fair, but it is hardly fair for a 3rd XI being made to face 1st XI's each week as well.

Then I hope Chelt beat them in the ones and derail their whole season. Hoppers are a disgrace if they drop back ones players to win a thirds game!

Sounds like Craigieburn would be in trouble, over restrictions or not!!

I personally just dont like the idea of restricting cricketers. I understand in most levels of one-days, from local to international, bowlers face restrictions. But I am yet to hear a good reason why? People will argue that a side can just get 2 guys to just bowl at each end for the 40 overs. Why is this a bad thing? Again, if the opening batsmen played out the 40 overs, would people complain? And from what I have seen, it's more likely that teams would struggle to find 5 competent bowlers and thus be weakned by that, rather than 2 bowlers dominating. Not that many good bowling attacks going around. Good bowlers, yes. Varied and deep attacks, no.

We don't play that many one dayers so it's not a huge issue in North A. Another one day issue, should the team batting second get the overs not used if the first team doesn't bat the 40? Doesn't happen in international cricket. Seems u get unfairly penalised by batting first, while there is no penalty if the team batting second gets rolled in under 40.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;311075 said:
Then I hope Chelt beat them in the ones and derail their whole season. Hoppers are a disgrace if they drop back ones players to win a thirds game!

ummmm, I think you missed the point here.

Hoppers Ones complete their one dayer against Chelt on Saturday, whilst the 3rd XI one dayer in question is a separate round/game on Sunday. The club was actually struggling to field sides for the Sunday game (I mean, who in their right mind wants to turn up for a Sunday just to be smashed, probably outright, in a one dayer) so the VTCA gave a dispensation to the club to drop three players back.

I think it is a fair compromise and hardly makes the club a disgrace imo.

IntoThe Wind;311080 said:
Sounds like Craigieburn would be in trouble, over restrictions or not!!

I personally just dont like the idea of restricting cricketers. I understand in most levels of one-days, from local to international, bowlers face restrictions. But I am yet to hear a good reason why? People will argue that a side can just get 2 guys to just bowl at each end for the 40 overs. Why is this a bad thing? Again, if the opening batsmen played out the 40 overs, would people complain? And from what I have seen, it's more likely that teams would struggle to find 5 competent bowlers and thus be weakned by that, rather than 2 bowlers dominating. Not that many good bowling attacks going around. Good bowlers, yes. Varied and deep attacks, no.

We don't play that many one dayers so it's not a huge issue in North A. Another one day issue, should the team batting second get the overs not used if the first team doesn't bat the 40? Doesn't happen in international cricket. Seems u get unfairly penalised by batting first, while there is no penalty if the team batting second gets rolled in under 40.

I also dont agree with the second side getting the extra overs.

But thats the VTCA i can never understand why you have to go out and bowl 3 overs at the end of the game when the game has finished

I say fair enough for Hoppers to drop 3 back. They've had a hell of a year in there already so why not try to boost their morale. Baker at Craigieburn will be going nuts! I don't know if it will be enough to get them over the line though. Certainly provide a more even game.

I agree on restricting it to 10 overs a player for a 40 over game. They should even look at using white balls. They do in the country leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back