North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Guru14;324740 said:
Not too many good ones- Courts is ok but plenty of not so good ones. Like every comp there are guys who think they sledge ok but are pretty ordinary at it. Heard young matt albers goes ok at it. I was told that by a current senior a keeper who still shakes his head at the spray he received!
I agree there are not that many guy in the comp that sledge very well. On to this weeks game i would love to go and watch Greenvale vs Tulla should be a cracker. For me Greenvale to win as they have more to play for than Tulla and have lots of quality in the side. The batting will be the key as the 2 leading wicket takers this season battle it out. If Greenvale loose then they will find it hard to make finals and a win here for Tulla will secure top spot!!

JP Duminy;324756 said:
I agree there are not that many guy in the comp that sledge very well. On to this weeks game i would love to go and watch Greenvale vs Tulla should be a cracker. For me Greenvale to win as they have more to play for than Tulla and have lots of quality in the side. The batting will be the key as the 2 leading wicket takers this season battle it out. If Greenvale loose then they will find it hard to make finals and a win here for Tulla will secure top spot!!

If Greenvale can get some sort of back up for Pizaro then Tulla are in trouble. Tulla's attack apart from Z (who's majorly over rated) have absolutely nothing. Tulla will need to make huge scores come finals time to have a chance of doing any damage & if Z or Roach don't fire then there gone. Tulla's batting is very suspect & they don't have the class of Innes, Courts or the hitting ability of Ports who can turn a game in 6 overs.. The best thing that Tulla does is make a good arvo tea.

2time;324781 said:
If Greenvale can get some sort of back up for Pizaro then Tulla are in trouble. Tulla's attack apart from Z (who's majorly over rated) have absolutely nothing. Tulla will need to make huge scores come finals time to have a chance of doing any damage & if Z or Roach don't fire then there gone. Tulla's batting is very suspect & they don't have the class of Innes, Courts or the hitting ability of Ports who can turn a game in 6 overs.. The best thing that Tulla does is make a good arvo tea.

I constantly read how David Z is overated and no good yet he keeps taking wickets. The reason he takes wickets is that he puts the ball in the same areas over after over and batsmen get themselves out to balls that have done sometime marginally different. He's not going to scare you with speed but he will bore you with the same ball after ball and next thing you is you're out. give the guy some credit he balls very consistently and more ofter than not gets guys out because they make mistakes before he does. I've seen plenty of ordinary bowlers and the difference is that they don't take wickets

Guru14;324804 said:
I constantly read how David Z is overated and no good yet he keeps taking wickets. The reason he takes wickets is that he puts the ball in the same areas over after over and batsmen get themselves out to balls that have done sometime marginally different. He's not going to scare you with speed but he will bore you with the same ball after ball and next thing you is you're out. give the guy some credit he balls very consistently and more ofter than not gets guys out because they make mistakes before he does. I've seen plenty of ordinary bowlers and the difference is that they don't take wickets

so u agree or disagree with those who say that Z is an oridinay bowler but he takes wickets!

I would hate to label anyone as "ordinary" but i think Z is honest cricketer at best with well above average bordering on excellent statistics both with bat n ball. has made massisve hundreds and taken loads of wickets, have seen blokes with more talent with the bat not able to put up the scores that Z has, so all the credit to him. BUT i think it tells u how far the standards in 1X1 cricket have slipped when ordinary 3X1 district regulars can come and do what Z has.

Personally i think it's blight on batters in this comp that a bloke like Zoro gets their wicket. Nothing against the man personally, don't know him have palyed against him only twice and i'll bow my head in shame on both occassion Z got me out slogging!

know a couple of blokes who were with him n windride at Essendon + scot @ Footscary. By all reprots Z is getting the best outta of himself and then more & for that all the best to him. You only have to look at Doutta opening bat Gray for the past 2 year, he attimes couldn't hit the ball off the squre in NthA but has made occassional 20's 30's in Sen Div which is way more than he did in Nth A. All the best to these blokes i say, if blokes think they r oridinay than go out on the park and make 'em look average. Don't get out to 'em like urs truley!

Libbo's back!!! Great to see old Merlo teammates locked in battle as opponents on the weekend, with FUCC triumphant. Bell, Liberman, Manning & Preece at the forefront ... winding back the clock! Should have known "Big Red" wouldn't stay out of it for long.
Someone please tell me though: Whatever happened to Suares?

Hmmm ... I see. Can anyone confirm or deny that? I figured something shady must have happened due to the abrupt end. His figures would have indicated it wasn't due to underperformance. I do remember reading something along the lines of "This club ain't big enough for both Suares and Ash".

Guru14;324804 said:

I think the proof is in the pudding mate, played against a couple of quality bats on the weekend & got touched up. You should take a stack of wickets for a season when your bowling nearly half of the alloted overs.

2time;325595 said:
I think the proof is in the pudding mate, played against a couple of quality bats on the weekend & got touched up. You should take a stack of wickets for a season when your bowling nearly half of the alloted overs.

Mate the game was played on a wicket that resembled the princess freeway on an outfield where the ball actually gathered pace to the fence. Took 2 key early wickets. What more could he do?

Selma Bouvier;325668 said:
Mate the game was played on a wicket that resembled the princess freeway on an outfield where the ball actually gathered pace to the fence. Took 2 key early wickets. What more could he do?

For as long as i can remember the decks in March are usually pretty hard, batter friendly & no excuses in finals. Hopefully the great one can pull something from his ring to get em over the line, by looking at the other bowling figures their in big trouble. By the looks of it Scott had another blinder.

Selma Bouvier;325668 said:

Please, the Big Z bores people out, just like Gaymer does. I noticed a few of the boys from Greenvale didn't get hit to boundary too many times, Ranno for memory.

I agree, from all reports the pitch actually resembled runway3 just up the road at the tullamarine airport. And the yellow outfield was blinding on the eye. Z got porto out first ball, then the apparently dangerous Innes, and anyone who knows courts knows, once he is in, he's not going out for a long time. The guy can bat. And J.kent hit 40 off the last 2 overs to get his 100, wild swings with a couple of good shots. You watch, Tulla will bounce back and still finish on top.

Thats what happens when your chasing more than a run a ball, you tend to loose wickets going for it. There were a few boundarys hit let me tell you, and 2 big 6's.

Yes i heard Greenvale batted really well and by the scores looks like Courts and Kent lifted when the team needed them most. Looks like the battle of Pizaro and Zaharodini was pretty even but will have to give the points to Pizaro. Anyway how does everyone think the top 4 will finish with a couple of massive games this week with GV and KP playing each other??

My predictions is

Tulla
GV
KP
AH

Also what are your thoughts for the comp medal. Think it will be a 4 way battle between Pizaro (favourite), Walker from Westmeadows, and 2 guys from Tulla Windridge and Zaharodini who i think will go close.

anyone at the Albion v Abers game on Sat ?

Abers falling away to new depths by the look of it with their last 3 innings being less than triple figures

looks like they have really turned it on for their new Captain/Coach in the last 2 weeks

quality times at that club winning 3 games in 3 years

Albion have turned it around in the last few games haven't they, would have been one of the biggest reversals of all time to go from top to bottom in the space of a season

He who knows best;326084 said:
anyone at the Albion v Abers game on Sat ?

Abers falling away to new depths by the look of it with their last 3 innings being less than triple figures

looks like they have really turned it on for their new Captain/Coach in the last 2 weeks

quality times at that club winning 3 games in 3 years

Albion have turned it around in the last few games haven't they, would have been one of the biggest reversals of all time to go from top to bottom in the space of a season

I think Doutta's might have them covered- There's a disaster, premiers to relegation:eek:

Snagglepuss was great to see you back the other day- Where do you think the four will finish in North B- It's pretty close. The finals will be harder to pick then a broken nose

2time;325595 said:

2time, what proof he gets plenty. I'm not saying he's the best bowler going around but he does the right things when he's bowling. I'd have him in my side, and just to add to his batting and bowling he goes alright in the field.

Guru14;326087 said:
2time, what proof he gets plenty. I'm not saying he's the best bowler going around but he does the right things when he's bowling. I'd have him in my side, and just to add to his batting and bowling he goes alright in the field.

Any bowler who can get 44 wkts & still have games to play has had a pretty good season no doubt about that. I agree he gets plenty & is in the upper class of players in Nth A. However if you have a good look at his record of the 44 wkts he has taken 7 of them have been against the teams he will probably face in March. 11 wkts against Abers, who have one ok bat @ best, 8 against F/U who have Preece & Manning one of them is real handy with the willow (sorry Ash) that's 19 of 44 against two teams that will most likely get relegated. Good luck to the bloke Guru u still have to get the wickets when bowling. It just seems that he never seems to clean up a good side on a good deck. No doubt you will see him at training tonight & you can plan the downfall of St Bernards or Willy for next season.

I cant believe you bag this guy Z, i had a look at his stats since being at Tulla and he has seriously starred, the North b1 GF is a perfect example, then went into A1 and won the comp medal, and will probably win in this year. Jealousy is a terrible thing, and it's probably because he got you out and made you look bad. Then smacked you around the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back