North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Canary Yellow;326843 said:
Are you kidding, 18 runs, um there abouts, I guess if i go out and make 82 on the weekend I'll raise my bat to the clubrooms like I have just made a century. PLEASE. In regards to this Z, how can you guys be comparing him to the Brnes and Osbornes of this comp??? In simple terms, the osbornes and Brnes are the Geelong and Hawthorn of 2008 and the Big Z would be equivalent to Richmond. NOT IN THE SAME CLASS. Quite Simply lets put it to a poll, who would you take if you had the number 1, 2 and 3 pick.

For me

3 votes - Osborne - pick 1
2 votes - S Brne - pick 2
1 vote - Zaharodni - pick 3

Forget loyalty here, just plain ability

By the way, if we were talking the whole comp I reckon the Big Z would come in around pick 11 or 12, let s be honest
Canary I would totally agree with you with your picks
1. Osborne
2. Brne
3. Z

However i am not sure about having Z at pick 11 or 12 the guy has won 2 comp medals in a row so he must be doing something right. I would probably have Z in my top 5 or 6 in the comp however i believe there is a big difference between him and the 2 quality players of Osborne and Brne.

Are you kidding, 18 runs, um there abouts, I guess if i go out and make 82 on the weekend I'll raise my bat to the clubrooms like I have just made a century. PLEASE. In regards to this Z, how can you guys be comparing him to the Brnes and Osbornes of this comp??? In simple terms, the osbornes and Brnes are the Geelong and Hawthorn of 2008 and the Big Z would be equivalent to Richmond. NOT IN THE SAME CLASS. Quite Simply lets put it to a poll, who would you take if you had the number 1, 2 and 3 pick.

For me

By the way, if we were talking the whole comp I reckon the Big Z would come in around pick 11 or 12, let s be honest

3 votes Zaharodni
2 Osborne
1 Brne (doesnt do enough with the bat)

Snagglepuss;326641 said:
Guru- my take on North B will be 1.Werribee, 2.MV, 3.Aber Pk and 4. Jacana.
Jacana beating Craigieburn last week was basically an elimination final, although Craigieburn could pull out an outright against Hoppers this week as Hoppers are stacking their 4ths (Nth B2) to make the finals.
Aside from all that, if those 4 finish as above it will WerrVJac & MVvsAP. Jacana is Werribee's bogey side but I just think with Edrich rolling them cheaply, Werr should be able to get enough runs to get over the line. the other game would be all based around AP and how Albers goes really. His batting has been huge this year and with a few other guys in their batting line up capable of making runs, they should post a big enough score. They only have Pascu and Albers on the bowling front but that might be enough to get them through. MV bowling lacks a bit and they rely on Perera heavily with the bat. So that would mean a Werr V APark GF. Almost an Edrich Vs Albers shootout. But I think AP have more batting strength so that might see them through! Werr a bit susceptible on the batting front so AP to win the whole thing. We'll see how I go?

Mmmm. Snagglepuss nice to hear from you mate. I guess North b is as it's been for the last 3 or 4 years pretty close at the top. jacana have out themselves under the pump with their lack of results since Xmas and they have basically handed Crazyburn the chance of a finals appearance. The scenario is the Crazy's win outright and jacana get done by Aber Park they slip into the 4, no doubt about it. let's go with the fact i think Jacana may go close to beating AP at Bruce street. Bennett is bowling again and taking wickets and Jaya has hit form with the bat at the right time. just a side note, Jaya will be out in this game driving and getting caught behind point but i think he will make plenty on the bruce street deck. AP have a mental bloke against bennett, or least hey have had one. The finals will be as you have put it but I don't know something tells me that Moonee valley will out bat AP in a semi and take on Centrals in the granny. For the sake of the club I hope AP beat MV and play Centrals, by all reports that will get them into A1 as I don't think they have the mental application over 2 innings to get over edrich, unfortunately. So for mine it will be Centrals beating Jacana or crazyburn and AP getting over the line against MV, just and centrals going into A1 as the premiership side along with AP. Good luck to the boys at AP as I think they deserve to at least contest a granny with the form they have shown this year after a shaky start. Albers obviously the key!

All this discussion about Z from Tulla.

Personally u can put me in the basket of folks who don't rate him as highly as his stats sugguest.

Sometimes stats not aways tell the full story. I don't think blokes who are criticizing Z, have anything personal against the bloke or any thing to tah effect. the point they r trying to make is that cricketrs in Vtca with clearer much greater ability have not necessarily alwasy had the same stats as Z. In other words for the talent Z has he has massively overacheved!

Now i read a post where some one compared Z to Matty Albers????

Come on!!!! how can u do that. OK Z is a young fella and old timer matty is fast approaching 40+. But look at their cricket talents Matty played 160 + District 1games with Richmond, incling finals, and i beleive 1x1 falg. Also managed to play games for VIC 2nd X1 and Z coudn't past Essendon 3X1 largely filled with players around his own age and also younger.....what's there to compare...Matty as a 40 year oldwould still be a number of times better cricketer than Z...no comparison.

The person who's defending Z has every right to do so and with the way Z has palyed in Nth B AN d A everyone at Tulla should praise him but lets not go overboard and make this guy to be some legend when he's an ordinary cricketer with excellent statistics in a comp which teh level of play has steadily declined in recent years.

To be fair to him (DZ) having met him personally I do not think he would rate himself at that level as well.

he is a pretty level headed young fellow and certainly doesn't parade around nor act like he is 100 times better than others in this grade.

gets on with the job and at this level on these wickets his type of bowling will ALWAYS get wickets, the batsman aren't patient enough and the wickets assist more often enough.

very very different to bowling against quality batsman week after week at district level and on highways most weeks as well

Albers career is of the highest quality and he was 100 times better than Z's and Brne's.

He who knows best;326979 said:
To be fair to him (DZ) having met him personally I do not think he would rate himself at that level as well.

he is a pretty level headed young fellow and certainly doesn't parade around nor act like he is 100 times better than others in this grade.

gets on with the job and at this level on these wickets his type of bowling will ALWAYS get wickets, the batsman aren't patient enough and the wickets assist more often enough.

very very different to bowling against quality batsman week after week at district level and on highways most weeks as well

Albers career is of the highest quality and he was 100 times better than Z's and Brne's.

Yep well said mate....

i haven't really spoken to him but played against him twice now since they came up in Nth A. & Ppl like u who have actually conversed with the bloke all say that he's a decent lad..in a team where certain individuals are know to cross the line on a crick field.

So yeah lets aloow this young man to enjoy the game and not go overboard to all supporters n doubters.

ROY G BIV;326978 said:
All this discussion about Z from Tulla.

Personally u can put me in the basket of folks who don't rate him as highly as his stats sugguest.

Sometimes stats not aways tell the full story. I don't think blokes who are criticizing Z, have anything personal against the bloke or any thing to tah effect. the point they r trying to make is that cricketrs in Vtca with clearer much greater ability have not necessarily alwasy had the same stats as Z. In other words for the talent Z has he has massively overacheved!

Now i read a post where some one compared Z to Matty Albers????

Come on!!!! how can u do that. OK Z is a young fella and old timer matty is fast approaching 40+. But look at their cricket talents Matty played 160 + District 1games with Richmond, incling finals, and i beleive 1x1 falg. Also managed to play games for VIC 2nd X1 and Z coudn't past Essendon 3X1 largely filled with players around his own age and also younger.....what's there to compare...Matty as a 40 year oldwould still be a number of times better cricketer than Z...no comparison.

The person who's defending Z has every right to do so and with the way Z has palyed in Nth B AN d A everyone at Tulla should praise him but lets not go overboard and make this guy to be some legend when he's an ordinary cricketer with excellent statistics in a comp which teh level of play has steadily declined in recent years.

Big Roy, the comparison was for stats alone- nothing more. You will find Chunk may have even played just shy of 200 for Richmond

ROY G BIV;326980 said:
Yep well said mate....

i haven't really spoken to him but played against him twice now since they came up in Nth A. & Ppl like u who have actually conversed with the bloke all say that he's a decent lad..in a team where certain individuals are know to cross the line on a crick field.

So yeah lets aloow this young man to enjoy the game and not go overboard to all supporters n doubters.
Finally someone with some sense Roy. I don't understand why people are comparing these two beacuse everyone agrees that Albers was/is and always will be a better player than Z. Z is getting the best out of himself and good luck to him for that.

I have spoken to him breifly once after a game and he was definatley a genuine good bloke and not like most of them at Tulla. Not quite sure why he is still there because i think he is too good for the guys at that club.

Anyway the guy has been copping it enough i think so maybe we should give it a rest and let the poor guy do what he likes doing (Just playing cricket)!!

Wish people would stop with this Z bloke.

He will come out and take 10 wickets and make 100 runs against us this week if people keep going :eek:.

anyone who can take 44 wickets plus a season, must be getting the best out off himself no matter who says this bloke or that bloke is better.

Isn,t cricket meant to be getting the best out off yourself?

i'm sure most people on here would be rapt with his figures

you getting nervous 5 fa ?

a contrived outright to Seddon or Abers and a win by Foots United and you guys lose and back to B

Seddon and Abers game would have to be a chance for an outright with at least 2 x outright results there this year and neither have anything to lose by not looking at that option

very very interesting from a relegation point of view esp with Albion pretty much assured of staying up now

good luck 5fa I know you looked certain then worked hard to skip away from a few of them only to be back in the mix now

Very big game for us this weekend would be shame to go down to nth B with the jobs the kids have done this year.

Bonus points will def come into play to work out the poistions on the bottom half off the ladder.

I believe in miracles so i will tip us to win :D

7/564;326992 said:
Very big game for us this weekend would be shame to go down to nth B with the jobs the kids have done this year.

Bonus points will def come into play to work out the poistions on the bottom half off the ladder.

Have we agreed that 3 will go down this year and 2 will come up and obviously 1 from senior A in the north division, would that be right. I agree with you 7 fa the boys have fought back from being a absolute cert to do down. I'm still waiting for the guys from Abers telling me I was being harsh saying they would go down before the season commenced- Where are you boys. Mmmmmmmmm- Aberschangedteam- sounds the same to me. What do they say- if it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, wags it's tail well it is. then if it can't bowl, can't bat, can't win-********It's ABERFELDIE****** 3 wins in 3 years boys you don't deserve to be anywhere but north B

7/564;326992 said:

Speaking of BIg Games...

Last week where were HAckney and BUtters..am i mistaken or they actually played...surely having them in the side would have improved chances of beating footutd....big ask against Tulla.

Seddon looks like are resigned to Nth B...This once strong 1X1 club is a shadow of it's competitive self & Abers at full strenght should beat seddon outright, unless seddon have some major inclusions tonight in a last gasp bid to avoid relegation....How has training been this week (tuesday) amny turn up? Beating Tulla a big ask 5Fa...but good luck.

For me

If someone makes 468 runs for the year, and you say they made over 450, would you be right ?? YES, even though its 18 runs difference, thats why i said thereabouts. 120 - 138 its thereabouts,

demon;327040 said:
If someone makes 468 runs for the year, and you say they made over 450, would you be right ?? YES, even though its 18 runs difference, thats why i said thereabouts. 120 - 138 its thereabouts,

I thought we had moved on

He who knows best;326979 said:

Spot on there mate, he doesnt think he is any better than anyone, a great bloke on and off the field. Dont really know osborne never spoke to him, I know a lot of people dont like playing with brne, so that goes against him.

2time;326125 said:
Is that same comp medal that concluded with him at the end of the home & away season 20 wkts behind the leading wicket taker, 120 odd runs behind the leading run getter & didn't play finals? Looked up the Nth B granny good game for Z, a player his standard should be doing things like that in Nth B, look @ Albers. Put Ozzie from Bernards into Nth B & see what he does to an attack, put Avondale's import into Nth B & see the return he gets. No jealousy here mate, as i've said i've met the bloke & he seems nice enough, take it or leave it. Played the bloke a couple of times as i said earlier in the upper class of players in Nth A but still struggling to come to terms with all the hype.

Sorry last time.
This is where my stats come from 2time, it was YOU. so get them right buddy so that bloke that makes 82 doesnt raise his bat this weekend.

2time;326897 said:
In no way attached to Osborne or Brne but Demon tried to make a point about how much a better player Z was than the other two & deserved the medal. Give me a break champ, the worst part is Demon tried to quote figures so i looked this up for you & him

:Quote - 4 to cite, offer, or bring forward as evidence or support.

Demon got on his high horse ranting on about all of these stats & was clearly incorrect. "Mate, the bloke who made 120 runs more couldnt take the wickets Z took and Big nose brne couldnt make the runs Z made" Osborne the same amount of wickets - better average - half the overs, do you think that 138 runs is better effort & more deserving of a medal than a player that has taken an extra 20 wickets in the same time frame? Can you see the discrepancy Warna & Demon it isn't that hard?
I can't make it any clearer, must be once you pass the gates into Spring Street reserve you can say & act the way what you want - who cares most of it is dribble anyway.

2time, do you actually know the structure for giving out comp medals, its based on points, runs, wickets, catches, runouts,etc they dont give it to the bloke who deserves it more than the other, the give it to the BEST PLAYER IN THE COMP. He was the most consistent with ball and bat and in the field, END OF STORY.

demon;327057 said:
2time, do you actually know the structure for giving out comp medals, its based on points, runs, wickets, catches, runouts,etc they dont give it to the bloke who deserves it more than the other, the give it to the BEST PLAYER IN THE COMP. He was the most consistent with ball and bat and in the field, END OF STORY.

Demon, I think dave is a good bloke and a good cricket who endeavours to get the best out of himslef everytime he goes through the gates- which i think we all strive to do, some just do it better than others. Comp medals are biased to players who play finals, hence dave won the medal in B1, not saying he wasn't a wothy winner but he was not the medal winner at the end of the home and away season. If we were to split hairs I would think his effort last year made him a very worthy winner. By understanding was the medal was voted on by the umpires and the chamion player was made up from the stats, am I wrong? I agree with you end of story.

ROY G BIV;327014 said:
Last week where were HAckney and BUtters..am i mistaken or they actually played...surely having them in the side would have improved chances of beating footutd....big ask against Tulla.

Hackers has had a new job as a real estate agent since last year and house sales started 2 weeks ago for the year. He told the selectors that he may not make it to games until 2:30 or 3pm. He was also regularly turning up as the first over was bowled due to this.

Butters broke his hand against KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back