North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

demon;327045 said:
Spot on there mate, he doesnt think he is any better than anyone, a great bloke on and off the field. Dont really know osborne never spoke to him, I know a lot of people dont like playing with brne, so that goes against him.

More to the point, there are an ususual amount of people who have played with Brne, given his propensity to wander between clubs so freely.

I didn't get much of a resonse when I asked recently about the mysterious disappearance of Suares from FUCC, however can anyone enlighten me possibly as to why S.Brne's name suddenly no longer appeared for St Albans after only just arriving there from his "home" club?

Sober Symonds;327205 said:
More to the point, there are an ususual amount of people who have played with Brne, given his propensity to wander between clubs so freely.

I didn't get much of a resonse when I asked recently about the mysterious disappearance of Suares from FUCC, however can anyone enlighten me possibly as to why S.Brne's name suddenly no longer appeared for St Albans after only just arriving there from his "home" club?

I have played with him.

Best training coach i have played under, but its once you get out in the field when things start going wrong.

Will move people 1 meter then move them back one meter, over bowls himself proberly cost us a semi final win. But thats not the reason we parted ways.

I've seen him since not a bad bloke off the field its just once he crosses that white line

Sober Symonds;327205 said:

I heard from a very reliable source, St albans told him before he started he wasnt to bowl himself all day like he did at Albion, and sure enough, he was bowling all day. I heard the game against Tulla he bowled from one end, then took the gloves off the keeper after he dropped one and kept aswell. I think that was the final straw.

demon;327054 said:
Sorry last time.
This is where my stats come from 2time, it was YOU. so get them right buddy so that bloke that makes 82 doesnt raise his bat this weekend.

You commented on the Nth A medal & certain blokes didn't get the results Z did. Pointed out the facts, don't blame me for pointing out the obvious. For the record no one as far as i can recall has questioned the bloke's character or tried to bag him about what sort of bloke he is. Simply said he was over rated & blokes like you got your back up, if you can't handle don't read it or make ridiculos statements. I was always under the impression that the umps voted on the medal & even if they went the way you said they do by consistency etc he still comes well behind. Who cares really, good luck to him & i hope he wins this years medal. When they get rolled in the semi or hopefully the granny @ least he has something to show for it.

demon;327057 said:
2time, do you actually know the structure for giving out comp medals, its based on points, runs, wickets, catches, runouts,etc they dont give it to the bloke who deserves it more than the other, the give it to the BEST PLAYER IN THE COMP. He was the most consistent with ball and bat and in the field, END OF STORY.

I thought the umpries vote after every game for the comp medal not a points system.

But i could be wrong

2time;327325 said:
You commented on the Nth A medal & certain blokes didn't get the results Z did. Pointed out the facts, don't blame me for pointing out the obvious. For the record no one as far as i can recall has questioned the bloke's character or tried to bag him about what sort of bloke he is. Simply said he was over rated & blokes like you got your back up, if you can't handle don't read it or make ridiculos statements. I was always under the impression that the umps voted on the medal & even if they went the way you said they do by consistency etc he still comes well behind. Who cares really, good luck to him & i hope he wins this years medal. When they get rolled in the semi or hopefully the granny @ least he has something to show for it.

I have never said anyone questions his character,
And i hope they prove you wrong in the semi and granny

demon;327350 said:
I have never said anyone questions his character,
And i hope they prove you wrong in the semi and granny

So do i, otherwise we will never hear the end of it. The keeper is likely to go a mass bashing spree if they dont. Zeds back will be stuffed from carrying them all year.

Is anyone else over this conversation about Zaharodni ??? Move on please !!! The guys is a good cricketer and apparently a good bloke - enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guru14;327011 said:
Have we agreed that 3 will go down this year and 2 will come up and obviously 1 from senior A in the north division, would that be right. I agree with you 7 fa the boys have fought back from being a absolute cert to do down. I'm still waiting for the guys from Abers telling me I was being harsh saying they would go down before the season commenced- Where are you boys. Mmmmmmmmm- Aberschangedteam- sounds the same to me. What do they say- if it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, wags it's tail well it is. then if it can't bowl, can't bat, can't win-********It's ABERFELDIE****** 3 wins in 3 years boys you don't deserve to be anywhere but north B

it was good old Nyhus that was Aberschangedteam wasn't it, believe he was outed prior to the season starting. He has had another huge season for a Paid Professional, great on the mouth and NEVER puts it into runs on the board, wonder if he'll be there next year ?

from a conversation I've had with some close to the club it's their fielding and batting that is so far off the required standard. Bowling is ok and has got them close to winning a few games earlier in the year.

OnTheLookout;327377 said:
Is anyone else over this conversation about Zaharodni ??? Move on please !!! The guys is a good cricketer and apparently a good bloke - enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally.... couldn't agree more.

2time;327356 said:
So do i, otherwise we will never hear the end of it. The keeper is likely to go a mass bashing spree if they dont. Zeds back will be stuffed from carrying them all year.

Scott will be chatting like a police informant- Have heard most of what he's got to offer and it's ordinary. Abers needs a shake up they need to put someone in the chair who is NEW to the club and brings not only cricket talent but proven coaching ability. I don't understand coaches who don't bring fielding plans to the table as my understanding is it's still an important part of the game! Abers will only benefit from throwing the old Aberfeldie mentality in the bin start fresh and take their relegation on the chin and work towards being successful again. They probably need 2 years in B1 to rebuild not with new players that are there for one season but working with their juniors for the long term benefit. easier suad than done I know but the hard decision make for better clubs.

Guru14;327389 said:
Abers needs a shake up they need to put someone in the chair who is NEW to the club and brings not only cricket talent but proven coaching ability. I don't understand coaches who don't bring fielding plans to the table as my understanding is it's still an important part of the game! Abers will only benefit from throwing the old Aberfeldie mentality in the bin start fresh and take their relegation on the chin and work towards being successful again. They probably need 2 years in B1 to rebuild not with new players that are there for one season but working with their juniors for the long term benefit. easier suad than done I know but the hard decision make for better clubs.

Im led to believe the players have been very happy with Shannahan taking over and the place has starting changing in the short time since taking over from Hollywood Nyhus. Was also told Nyhus was training only once a week and had been doing that the whole time while being Coach, that can't be good for a club can it ?

anyone from Aberfeldie on here anymore ?? is this the case from the playing group ?

East Keilor would want to knock Tulla over or they are in mammoth stife....

FU post a big score and Aberfeldie lead after the 1st innings

4 looks settled with the results on the weekend

relegation def up for grabs though

On that FootUtd game does anyone know why S Pietsch and bainbrige didn't bowl? THey were a great chance to force a finals birth and their best 2 bowlers don't appear on the bowling card.

Gr$$nval$ in ominous form with the bat leading into finals, likes of inness,courts,kent and portou could bat others outta games if they keep this up in next weeks' finals.

Avondale another contender looks to be hitting some good form, this week and the last rnd very comfortable wins. They may need an outright just to shut the door on westy and parkville. Westy could still be a chance for an outright, Albion need 80 odd runs with 7 Wkts in hand, their lower order is known to collapse pretty meagerly. So keep an eye on that one for Avondale.

FootUtd if they manage to win this week should stay in, don't know how many are going to be relegated though 2,3,4 all 12????

EK showed some fight but not having butters and hackney for the entire season has cost them a spot in Nth A.

Seddon are obviously gone that club needs some serious rebuilding, can an outright save abers? Most likely NOT.

At this stage by the looks of it Seddon,abers and EK are in NTH B. If 3 are to be relegated.

Top 4.
Looks like KP V Gr$$nval$ SEMi locked in
Tulla V Avondale, provided westy don't get an outright

For mine these have been the best 4 sides this season in NTH A
Gr$$navle batting quartet makes them the favs for mine with Avondale being a wildcard.

MY Early prediction. Gr$$nvale V Avondale Granny with Gr$$nval$ Favs.

ROY G BIV;328407 said:
On that FootUtd game does anyone know why S Pietsch and bainbrige didn't bowl? THey were a great chance to force a finals birth and their best 2 bowlers don't appear on the bowling card.

Gr$$nval$ in ominous form with the bat leading into finals, likes of inness,courts,kent and portou could bat others outta games if they keep this up in next weeks' finals.

Avondale another contender looks to be hitting some good form, this week and the last rnd very comfortable wins. They may need an outright just to shut the door on westy and parkville. Westy could still be a chance for an outright, Albion need 80 odd runs with 7 Wkts in hand, their lower order is known to collapse pretty meagerly. So keep an eye on that one for Avondale.

FootUtd if they manage to win this week should stay in, don't know how many are going to be relegated though 2,3,4 all 12????

EK showed some fight but not having butters and hackney for the entire season has cost them a spot in Nth A.

Seddon are obviously gone that club needs some serious rebuilding, can an outright save abers? Most likely NOT.

At this stage by the looks of it Seddon,abers and EK are in NTH B. If 3 are to be relegated.

Top 4.

Gr$$navle batting quartet makes them the favs for mine with Avondale being a wildcard.

Roy i think that you have hit the nail on the head with the results and GF prediction. Looks like the top 4 will stay the way it is unless some of the teams provide a special performace.

Greenvale are by far the in form team in the comp and with the pitches being batting paradises it looks like they could bat for as long as they like. Avondale v Tulla will be a cracking game and i think Jeffrey will be the difference as he is starting to hit form with the bat. Greenvale to be too strong 2 games in a row against KP and it will not matter who GV play in the GF becase they will make 500+. I really do feel sorry for any team that has to come up against them in the finals.

It will be an interesting weekend and i wonder if there will be any big results with a Westy outright?? The relegation battle is another big topic and EK are a slight chance in pulling off an upset against Tulla and keeping themselves up for next year.

ROY G BIV;328407 said:

Top 4.

I think Greenvale will win the hole thing with maybe Keilor Park being there only danger.

With the sides going down to Nth B it is going to come down to bonus points.

With EK 58.29 and FU 58.16 after the scores from weekend. Some late second innings hitting from either side could deside who go's down.

No one has mention the Abers Seddon game interesting to see seddon declare after 40 overs, will abers do the same?????

2 innings results with both teams having 40 overs in both innings seems very strange to me

Bainbridge Gaymer & Pietsch all missed the most important game of the year - wouldnt be happy if I was Parkville !!! Bainbridge and Gaymer at weddings whilst Peitsch works for Melbourne Football CLub and was required at their game.... good news for us !!!

Bottom 3 are getting relegated - if FU win we should be ok it seems, if we lose then we'll be in the mix with Abers (assuming they win o/right) and EK on a bonus point hunt.... as all should end up pretty close together.

IF FU win we will be 4-6 with draw (we were almost over line in a drawn game) - harsh to be near relegated with only just below a 50% record .....

7/564;328414 said:
I think Greenvale will win the hole thing with maybe Keilor Park being there only danger.

With the sides going down to Nth B it is going to come down to bonus points.

With EK 58.29 and FU 58.16 after the scores from weekend. Some late second innings hitting from either side could deside who go's down.

No one has mention the Abers Seddon game interesting to see seddon declare after 40 overs, will abers do the same?????

2 innings results with both teams having 40 overs in both innings seems very strange to me

That's fair enough, KP, Tulla, Avondale difference is not that great, obviously there is some difference but it's negligible in my humble opinion. Tulla and Kp Both have had seasons worthy of a flag BUT

Gr$$nval$ is a club with financial and organisational clout to go places. they have monetary + other resources to go up a grade or 2 and be very competitive, so will be an upset if they don't figure in the granny. thye still have to get there first!!! Easier said than Done. As we know crick is a funny game.

their opponents could be anyone of the 3 above. THe only reason i picked Avondale was because of their Bowlers namely 2, Jeffrey leggie + Fast medium import both are in my opinion the best 2 bowlers in Nth A and have the class to go up against the Gr$$nval$ Quartet. So i think they have more of a chance to get teh better off gr$$nvale top bats in a 4 dayer. But it'll be a big ask for these two to back up in 4 day cricket. There is a massive ? over Avondale backup bowlers. 1 Postive for them is that they are the only potential finalist to have thus far beaten Gr$$nval$ -ve is that since they beat 'em Gr$$ have added 2 resonable OK cricketers in kent n innes.

Having said that Tulla and Kp Blokes 'll be massive hurldes to get over b4 either get to a granny.

Not long now we'll find out soon.

OnTheLookout;328470 said:
Bainbridge Gaymer & Pietsch all missed the most important game of the year - wouldnt be happy if I was Parkville !!! Bainbridge and Gaymer at weddings whilst Peitsch works for Melbourne Football CLub and was required at their game.... good news for us !!!

Bottom 3 are getting relegated - if FU win we should be ok it seems, if we lose then we'll be in the mix with Abers (assuming they win o/right) and EK on a bonus point hunt.... as all should end up pretty close together.

IF FU win we will be 4-6 with draw (we were almost over line in a drawn game) - harsh to be near relegated with only just below a 50% record .....

That's amazing.

Given the absentees...Having played parkville i think your 250 should be safe, even on the ligthning parkville outfield, and undermanned bowling attact. their batting without bainbridge is very light. S pietcsh can slog a few as well. Only threat would be the lefty opener and K prestige but both will give u a few chances. Yeah good effort to avoid the drop given all the stuff at your club

Guru14;326981 said:
Big Roy, the comparison was for stats alone- nothing more. You will find Chunk may have even played just shy of 200 for Richmond

Hi there guru. Were you that handsome lookin fella on the right in the pic on page 19 of the Moonee Valley news Jan 13 2009?

Your summary of Z and Matty is spot on. Both have big hearts and both are walk up starts in any team in either nth"A" or "nth"B". They are obviously very talented. The difference is one is young and the other is old. The older one still has the fire in the belly and consistently makes scores of 40 plus batting at 5 or 6. Plus he prides himself on an economy rate of a little over two and is still a wicket taker of class bats.

For me Matt just shades the Z, however the Z is still coming and I beleive it won't be long before he is a much sought after cricketer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back