North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

weapons05/06;347388 said:
Not Just Empty Words;347386 said:
i wouldnt know subbies play a sth australian rep team well they did the last 2 seasons......

see most quality subbie players dont play in these games any way and its hard to get a full strength squad up for these games....

Is the reason you give yourself for never getting a game...

Had a chat with few of the Avondale lads over the weekend, they believe their club was recently offered a promotion along with Keilor park from Nth A by the VTCA. But Avondale rejected the offer, if true that would be the 2nd Nth A club in successive years turining down the promotion, albeit Albion did it when they were premiers after the 2007/08 season and Avondale(if true) have done it after being runners up this last season 2008/09. Does tell you about the true strenght of these 2 clubs, i would think really disappointing for talented players especially Juniors if they are @ clubs not capable of taking on greater challenges both on and off the field.

I would guess Tulla or Gr$$nval$ would be next given the chance for promotion..definately sure Gr$$nval$ would accept the offer not sure if Tulla would?

But again weak effort from both Albion and Avondale might as well join the bottom tier of VTCA Noth B and give clubs with ambition a crack!

weapons05/06;347385 said:
mmmmmm im sorry this bigcricket site is run by you.....who are you????

subbies has a rep team every year........im not on the exec and i dont choose who they play......would be a great spectacle.....no doubt good players running around in the subbies as does the vtca........with this points system though some clubs might be brought back to the field which would be tough for the teams in the top echelon atm.......
i would like to see subbies v vtca rep game dont worry about that.......

more uninformed dribble. The points system will reward clubs that recruit wisely and take a 3-4 year view, It will make the smart clubs stronger.

ROY G BIV;350026 said:
Had a chat with few of the Avondale lads over the weekend, they believe their club was recently offered a promotion along with Keilor park from Nth A by the VTCA. But Avondale rejected the offer, if true that would be the 2nd Nth A club in successive years turining down the promotion, albeit Albion did it when they were premiers after the 2007/08 season and Avondale(if true) have done it after being runners up this last season 2008/09. Does tell you about the true strenght of these 2 clubs, i would think really disappointing for talented players especially Juniors if they are @ clubs not capable of taking on greater challenges both on and off the field.

I would guess Tulla or Gr$$nval$ would be next given the chance for promotion..definately sure Gr$$nval$ would accept the offer not sure if Tulla would?

But again weak effort from both Albion and Avondale might as well join the bottom tier of VTCA Noth B and give clubs with ambition a crack!

Where are you from Roy seeing your you've got a pretty strong opinion on other clubs plights...

weapons05/06;347331 said:
im hearing different.....john thrush to coach st albans......a mcammond(foots)to captian with david wolfe and a couple other bats from altona(subbies).....you spend good coin you get the good players......

did hear it from a few of the westy...as for all these new recruits for st abans
theyll soon realise what shite hole it is...

ROY G BIV;350026 said:

Avondale's money has dried up.

You cannot blame clubs for not wanting to go up and get flogged every week, its the people on committees at clubs that would no what is best for the club.

Good on Avondale and Albion for having the guts to understand that they wont be competive in a higher grade.

bit hard on st albans there fred. agree the area is pretty rough and the pitch isn't the best (or worst mind you!!) but the facilities there are first class. for the sake of comparison, where are you from????

7/564;350032 said:

You cannot blame clubs for not wanting to go up and get flogged every week, its the people on committees at clubs that would no what is best for the club.

Good on Avondale and Albion for having the guts to understand that they wont be competive in a higher grade.

My understanding is that Avondale have lost a lot of players due to a lack of money, so fair enough not going up. As far as I know Albion didn't go up due to players refusing to travel. That was the only reason I was told. With Bernards winning the flag this season, there would have been no reason had Albion kept its premiership side in tact that they wouldn't have been competitive. To me they were one of the best sides going around. Hard and tough to beat.

Avondale will struggle regardless of where they are seeded next year I would assume unless players are replaced. It shall be interesting.

Any news on any players moving around, coaches or the like??

fredbassett;347326 said:
i believe its a straight swap... suares for jeffrie also heard you ex president is making his way home from avondale.?????

First Ive heard in relation to the ex-pres. Personally I'd be more than happy to let bygones be bygones, but a few bridges were burnt around the time of his exit that would need some serious discussion to rebuild. If this process had started I would know about it so I dare say no truth in this one Fred...... More likely he has just lessened his involvement at Avo as he runs a small business and its a tough economy at the moment...

As for "Wallop" questioning our recruiting of TJ, he and Waz are very different people who just happened to be recruited from same club. I wouldnt think it is too relevant to how he/we will go moving forward.

As I said I am excited by the capture of Tarique and confident it will be a very good move by the club. Did I think this last year - yes. Was I wrong - yes. Is this relevant - No.

7/564;350032 said:

Sounds like you're talking from experience...

OnTheLookout;347582 said:
First Ive heard in relation to the ex-pres.
As for "Wallop" questioning our recruiting of TJ, he and Waz are very different people who just happened to be recruited from same club. I wouldnt think it is too relevant to how he/we will go moving forward.

As I said I am excited by the capture of Tarique and confident it will be a very good move by the club. Did I think this last year - yes. Was I wrong - yes. Is this relevant - No.

suprises me that tarique would go to you guys as he and wazza are the best of mates.

weapons05/06;347385 said:
mmmmmm im sorry this bigcricket site is run by you.....who are you????

subbies has a rep team every year........im not on the exec and i dont choose we we/they play......

i would like to see subbies v vtca rep game dont worry about that.......[/QUOTE]

So would the VTCA. Shame the Subbies keep turning down the opportunity...

Subbies Vs VTCA game would be a great spectacle. Would love to see it. I think the subbies would have the edge slightly, of course no disrespect to the VTCA at all, just top level subbies players a bit classier than top level VTCA. Having said that, the bottom four clubs in Senior Division would destroy the bottom four clubs in subbies. Outright. Subbies has class but no depth.

7/564;350045 said:
I'm not with either of these clubs.

Mate i think Mulva meant, how East Keilor went up and came back down a much weaker club.

It was a great triumph in the Nth A Granny by your boys few year ago and then after that in a higher grade for reasons u know better than anyone had to return to NTh A a shadow of it's former slef.

I agree with your response to my post:"You cannot blame clubs for not wanting to go up and get flogged every week, its the people on committees at clubs that would no what is best for the club.
"

But a strong/ambitious club should be itching to tackle a higher grade and the challenge that presents coming up against other strong clubs, so my point was that the true strenght of these two clubs were exposed when they refused to accept the challenge. Analogy big fish an a small pond comes to mind.

Albion showed great heart to avoid relegation last year-have they recruited ro looking to recruit anyone new yet? and if avondale don't replace their paid players with some quality they will have rough trot in 09/10-wallop u r right there.

Any word on who wants to go up, new look St Albans + Gr$$ if they wanna go up will be very competitve!

tcnthat;347972 said:
Subbies Vs VTCA game would be a great spectacle. Would love to see it. I think the subbies would have the edge slightly, of course no disrespect to the VTCA at all, just top level subbies players a bit classier than top level VTCA. Having said that, the bottom four clubs in Senior Division would destroy the bottom four clubs in subbies. Outright. Subbies has class but no depth.

Hopefully the Subbies take the challenge one day...VTCA would love to put its best team on the park for this fixture. If taken seriously by the SUbbies could be a great day of cricket.
Come on Subbies....take the challenge, dont run scared any longer....

ROY G BIV;350046 said:
Mate i think Mulva meant, how East Keilor went up and came back down a much weaker club.

It was a great triumph in the Nth A Granny by your boys few year ago and then after that in a higher grade for reasons u know better than anyone had to return to NTh A a shadow of it's former slef.

I agree with your response to my post:"You cannot blame clubs for not wanting to go up and get flogged every week, its the people on committees at clubs that would no what is best for the club.
"

But a strong/ambitious club should be itching to tackle a higher grade and the challenge that presents coming up against other strong clubs, so my point was that the true strenght of these two clubs were exposed when they refused to accept the challenge. Analogy big fish an a small pond comes to mind.

Albion showed great heart to avoid relegation last year-have they recruited ro looking to recruit anyone new yet? and if avondale don't replace their paid players with some quality they will have rough trot in 09/10-wallop u r right there.

Any word on who wants to go up, new look St Albans + Gr$$ if they wanna go up will be very competitve!

I wouldn't say weaker club.

Less experiance. We had a few players that retired after our GF win.

Then a few didn't like the travel and wanted to play closer to home ( Hackers and Jas Mc two very good players)

I do like the new set up with the top grade a mixture of south and north. and the rest playing local.

Last two years we have been playing alot of kids from our juniors.

Talking to a few players for this year hopeful of getting some. If we do i really do think it wont take 2 much for us to be pushing for finals cricket this year

Anyone see that the man Zorro won another best in comp.
2 in a row and 3 in a row if you include B grade.
his is now over in the UK bowling his boring crap to the poms.'
still taking wickets and making runs, those pitches suit him better than here.
alot slower he says.

Also just wanted to mention that Tullamarine cricket club came 4th in the spirit of cricket awards this year, only MHSOB, sunshine unt, and moorabbin finished higher.

Looks like a change is in the wind,

hey guys does any body know when the new grades will be done?

i ask because someone (cant remember who) Said there was a restrucure.

IF ANY ONE GIVES A TOSS,
Atona Roosters are still looking for a coach.
We have experienced interal people capable however we would like to attract a good quality person with good leadership skills to the position and must have coached previously in the vtca.
No Journey men please.
No player Agents.
A young (28 - 35) focused individual who would like to take on a challenge and expand on his C.V.
If you could get a church team into the b finals it would be a big coupe i believe.
OUR LIST IS 95% MID TWENTIES A LOT TO WORK WITH PROPER COACHING WOULD BE THE IDEAL.

fredbassett;347443 said:
did hear it from a few of the westy...as for all these new recruits for st abans
theyll soon realise what shite hole it is...

Thanks for your kind words fred, i am spewing i play for such a shithole like st albans, who would want to play at a club with our facilities.
i dont know who peoples sources are but a few names mentioned are a bit far fetched.

brains01;350213 said:
Thanks for your kind words fred, i am spewing i play for such a shithole like st albans, who would want to play at a club with our facilities.
i dont know who peoples sources are but a few names mentioned are a bit far fetched.

yea great facilities..every time i walk in it reminds me of the old springvale rd tab...

ROY G BIV;350026 said:

Where are you from Roy seeing your you've got a pretty strong opinion on other clubs plights...

obviously good enough for you to keep returning & spending your money there. i am sure it is most appreciated by all those at the club!

ROY G BIV;350026 said:

IntoThe Wind;350526 said:
obviously good enough for you to keep returning & spending your money there. i am sure it is most appreciated by all those at the club!

nothing better than having a beer with the local vietnamese community:mad:

7/564;350032 said:

My understanding is that Avondale have lost a lot of players due to a lack of money, so fair enough not going up. As far as I know Albion didn't go up due to players refusing to travel. That was the only reason I was told. With Bernards winning the flag this season, there would have been no reason had Albion kept its premiership side in tact that they wouldn't have been competitive. To me they were one of the best sides going around. Hard and tough to beat.

Avondale will struggle regardless of where they are seeded next year I would assume unless players are replaced. It shall be interesting.

Any news on any players moving around, coaches or the like??

fredbassett;350566 said:
nothing better than having a beer with the local vietnamese community:mad:

well fred jealousy is a curse.
if you let us know where you are from we can compare facilities.

7/564;350032 said:

Sounds like you're talking from experience...

brains01;350754 said:
well fred jealousy is a curse.
if you let us know where you are from we can compare facilities.

With a name like Fred Bassett he'd wanna be careful he doesn't get eaten!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

7/564;350045 said:
I'm not with either of these clubs.

"

Re:north a1

gday boys new to the site take it easy on me this season.BRAINS01 im with you on this one first class facilities but the wicket is s##t. BIGCOQ give steve.b a ring he will cum in and stuff the club and the young blokes ask the st.albans and willy boys. DEMON zorro great bowler but i smarshed him around last year must be easy over pommy land i also heard that windy and roach have moved on big loss both good bats but roach has big mouth to go with it.

ROY G BIV;350046 said:

"

I wouldn't say weaker club.

Less experiance. We had a few players that retired after our GF win.

Then a few didn't like the travel and wanted to play closer to home ( Hackers and Jas Mc two very good players)

I do like the new set up with the top grade a mixture of south and north. and the rest playing local.

Last two years we have been playing alot of kids from our juniors.

Talking to a few players for this year hopeful of getting some. If we do i really do think it wont take 2 much for us to be pushing for finals cricket this year

Re: north a1

202 n.o;350910 said:
gday boys new to the site take it easy on me this season.BRAINS01 im with you on this one first class facilities but the wicket is s##t. BIGCOQ give steve.b a ring he will cum in and stuff the club and the young blokes ask the st.albans and willy boys. DEMON zorro great bowler but i smarshed him around last year must be easy over pommy land i also heard that windy and roach have moved on big loss both good bats but roach has big mouth to go with it.

already had a go at thrushy got anyone else down there that needs a stimulas package!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back