North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Anyone see that the man Zorro won another best in comp.
2 in a row and 3 in a row if you include B grade.
his is now over in the UK bowling his boring crap to the poms.'
still taking wickets and making runs, those pitches suit him better than here.
alot slower he says.

Also just wanted to mention that Tullamarine cricket club came 4th in the spirit of cricket awards this year, only MHSOB, sunshine unt, and moorabbin finished higher.

Looks like a change is in the wind,

Re: north a1

202 n.o;350910 said:
gday boys new to the site take it easy on me this season.BRAINS01 im with you on this one first class facilities but the wicket is s##t. BIGCOQ give steve.b a ring he will cum in and stuff the club and the young blokes ask the st.albans and willy boys. DEMON zorro great bowler but i smarshed him around last year must be easy over pommy land i also heard that windy and roach have moved on big loss both good bats but roach has big mouth to go with it.

Where have they gone, do u know y they moved on?

Windy a massive loss, in my opinion he was a major reason for their success last year made match winning runs in some big games against top sides.
They'll miss him!

Zorro was there previous year with his bag of wickets but Windy gave 'em solidity with the bat which is y they finished top after home n away + like him or not Roach did provide 'em some leadership.

IF ANY ONE GIVES A TOSS,
Atona Roosters are still looking for a coach.
We have experienced interal people capable however we would like to attract a good quality person with good leadership skills to the position and must have coached previously in the vtca.
No Journey men please.
No player Agents.
A young (28 - 35) focused individual who would like to take on a challenge and expand on his C.V.
If you could get a church team into the b finals it would be a big coupe i believe.
OUR LIST IS 95% MID TWENTIES A LOT TO WORK WITH PROPER COACHING WOULD BE THE IDEAL.

7/564;350032 said:
Avondale's money has dried up.

You cannot blame clubs for not wanting to go up and get flogged every week, its the people on committees at clubs that would no what is best for the club.

Good on Avondale and Albion for having the guts to understand that they wont be competive in a higher grade.
My understanding is the association has promoted 5 sides from North A to the restructured North division. Avondale have declined promotion. On ladder positions this leaves Tulla, KP, Greenvale, Parkville and Westmeadows to go up.

fredbassett;347443 said:
did hear it from a few of the westy...as for all these new recruits for st abans
theyll soon realise what shite hole it is...

Thanks for your kind words fred, i am spewing i play for such a shithole like st albans, who would want to play at a club with our facilities.
i dont know who peoples sources are but a few names mentioned are a bit far fetched.

brains01;350213 said:
Thanks for your kind words fred, i am spewing i play for such a shithole like st albans, who would want to play at a club with our facilities.
i dont know who peoples sources are but a few names mentioned are a bit far fetched.

yea great facilities..every time i walk in it reminds me of the old springvale rd tab...

One more year;351005 said:
Maybe roachy might head back to StA for more cash.

Do we know who will be in the new Nth A yet?

Can tell you Moonee valley have been confirmed as one of the starters in North A or whatever they might call it.

obviously good enough for you to keep returning & spending your money there. i am sure it is most appreciated by all those at the club!

Mankad;350998 said:
My understanding is the association has promoted 5 sides from North A to the restructured North division. Avondale have declined promotion. On ladder positions this leaves Tulla, KP, Greenvale, Parkville and Westmeadows to go up.

Just had a look on VTCA website - 2009/10 Structure has been announced.
3 new Clubs - Altona Roosters - St.Andrews - Taylors Lakes.
They are saying that there is possibily another North Club to come, which would mean another re shuffle in the North if they come in.

IntoThe Wind;350526 said:
obviously good enough for you to keep returning & spending your money there. i am sure it is most appreciated by all those at the club!

nothing better than having a beer with the local vietnamese community:mad:

North
Doutta Stars
Greenvale
Hoppers Crossing
Keilor Park
Parkville Districts
Strathmore
Sunshine United
Sunshine Druids
Tullamarine
Westmeadows

North A
Albion
Avondale Heights
East Keilor
Footscray United
Moonee Valley
Seddon
St Albans
Werribee Centrals

North B
Aberfeldie
Aberfeldie Park
Altona Roosters
Craigieburn
Flemington
Jacana
Seabrook
St Andrews
Taylors Lakes

fredbassett;350566 said:
nothing better than having a beer with the local vietnamese community:mad:

well fred jealousy is a curse.
if you let us know where you are from we can compare facilities.

I think North B will be a pretty strong comp this year.

Taylors Lakes by all accounts should go very well. good Luck

brains01;350754 said:
well fred jealousy is a curse.
if you let us know where you are from we can compare facilities.

With a name like Fred Bassett he'd wanna be careful he doesn't get eaten!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

One more year;351172 said:
Not sure if they have turf?
Looks like Hoppers might struggle again.

Yes, I was very surprised to see Taylors Lakes on the list. NWCA is all synthetic. You don't see a lot of new turf wickets being put down. Might be one of the flow on actions of the NWCA/MMVCA merger not going through.

Re:north a1

gday boys new to the site take it easy on me this season.BRAINS01 im with you on this one first class facilities but the wicket is s##t. BIGCOQ give steve.b a ring he will cum in and stuff the club and the young blokes ask the st.albans and willy boys. DEMON zorro great bowler but i smarshed him around last year must be easy over pommy land i also heard that windy and roach have moved on big loss both good bats but roach has big mouth to go with it.

Genuine_No12;351187 said:
Yes, I was very surprised to see Taylors Lakes on the list. NWCA is all synthetic. You don't see a lot of new turf wickets being put down. Might be one of the flow on actions of the NWCA/MMVCA merger not going through.

Interesting to see where they will be playing, I wouldn't think it would be in the Moreland Council! Doubt it would have anything to do with the merger as the merger was catering for the hard wicket teams more so than turf, well in the short term anyway. I think they will need a couple of years to get the best out of themselves with the change of surface. Interesting that North B is 9 sides, will that mean a bye and a game against the south division as happened 2 years ago?

202 n.o;350910 said:

already had a go at thrushy got anyone else down there that needs a stimulas package!:D

NWCA / MMVCA merger would have given a possible turf comp option down the track.

Direct quote from VTCA on bye :
"The Executive is though still awaiting further information on an application for entry from another North based side. If this application eventuates and is accepted it will facilitate a change from nine (9) teams in North B to eight (8) teams. Two further teams will be added to North A to make a ten (10) team division, again the process for selection will be done via submissions accepted from all interested North B clubs. Clubs will be notified if this is to be the case. "

202 n.o;350910 said:

Where have they gone, do u know y they moved on?

Windy a massive loss, in my opinion he was a major reason for their success last year made match winning runs in some big games against top sides.
They'll miss him!

Zorro was there previous year with his bag of wickets but Windy gave 'em solidity with the bat which is y they finished top after home n away + like him or not Roach did provide 'em some leadership.

7/564;350032 said:
Avondale's money has dried up.

You cannot blame clubs for not wanting to go up and get flogged every week, its the people on committees at clubs that would no what is best for the club.

Good on Avondale and Albion for having the guts to understand that they wont be competive in a higher grade.

Genuine_No12;351245 said:
Their Nth B1 side was their 3rd XI, which they were asked to put into B1 instead of a C division to eliminate a bye in B1.
Oh...so what would a guy on the Nth A/B thread know about "Hoppers struggling again"? Haven't their firsts played finals the past few seasons?

One more year;351005 said:
Maybe roachy might head back to StA for more cash.

Do we know who will be in the new Nth A yet?

Can tell you Moonee valley have been confirmed as one of the starters in North A or whatever they might call it.

Mankad;350998 said:

Just had a look on VTCA website - 2009/10 Structure has been announced.
3 new Clubs - Altona Roosters - St.Andrews - Taylors Lakes.
They are saying that there is possibily another North Club to come, which would mean another re shuffle in the North if they come in.

North
Doutta Stars
Greenvale
Hoppers Crossing
Keilor Park
Parkville Districts
Strathmore
Sunshine United
Sunshine Druids
Tullamarine
Westmeadows

North A
Albion
Avondale Heights
East Keilor
Footscray United
Moonee Valley
Seddon
St Albans
Werribee Centrals

North B
Aberfeldie
Aberfeldie Park
Altona Roosters
Craigieburn
Flemington
Jacana
Seabrook
St Andrews
Taylors Lakes

Genuine_No12;351232 said:
NWCA / MMVCA merger would have given a possible turf comp option down the track.

Direct quote from VTCA on bye :
"The Executive is though still awaiting further information on an application for entry from another North based side. If this application eventuates and is accepted it will facilitate a change from nine (9) teams in North B to eight (8) teams. Two further teams will be added to North A to make a ten (10) team division, again the process for selection will be done via submissions accepted from all interested North B clubs. Clubs will be notified if this is to be the case. "

Very long track, merger failed because it was thought they would provide no support to the strongest part of the comp- the turf comp.

I think North B will be a pretty strong comp this year.

Taylors Lakes by all accounts should go very well. good Luck

Where do greenvale get their cash from?? I know that Inness has signed for them again, but only after a BIG payday and I am sure that Pizzarro would be on a good rate, plus $15k for this new guy.

Genuine_No12;351114 said:
North
Doutta Stars
Greenvale
Hoppers Crossing
Keilor Park
Parkville Districts
Strathmore
Sunshine United
Sunshine Druids
Tullamarine
Westmeadows

North A
Albion
Avondale Heights
East Keilor
Footscray United
Moonee Valley
Seddon
St Albans
Werribee Centrals

North B
Aberfeldie
Aberfeldie Park
Altona Roosters
Craigieburn
Flemington
Jacana
Seabrook
St Andrews
Taylors Lakes

Ok lets have a look at the three divisions starting with North.
North: I am thinking Hoppers Crossing will be looking at recruiting some senior players as the rumour is they have lost a couple of players ( rumour only ).
North A: St.Albans will be the team to beat, recruited strongly. There are a couple of unknown factors in North B. Moonee Valley if they keep there Sri Lankan can beat anyone on there day, but he must fire and Werribee Centrals can take the next step if they keep there bowling attack but need there batting to improve.
North B: Hard to say as there are 3 new teams in this comp and a couple that just strugle, may wait to the season for any predictions.

What does every1 think?

One more year;351172 said:
Not sure if they have turf?
Looks like Hoppers might struggle again.

10notout;352276 said:
Ok lets have a look at the three divisions starting with North.
North: I am thinking Hoppers Crossing will be looking at recruiting some senior players as the rumour is they have lost a couple of players ( rumour only ).
North A: St.Albans will be the team to beat, recruited strongly. There are a couple of unknown factors in North B. Moonee Valley if they keep there Sri Lankan can beat anyone on there day, but he must fire and Werribee Centrals can take the next step if they keep there bowling attack but need there batting to improve.
North B: Hard to say as there are 3 new teams in this comp and a couple that just strugle, may wait to the season for any predictions.

What does every1 think?

St Albans always recruit strongly. What's new? They still never win anything.
Hoppers are a bit the same, though at least they're consistently up there. Should do more with the amount of teams/kids/catchment area they have.
Valley were not good enough last year. Reliance on one bat doesn't carry so much weight the higher the division you play.
Taylors Lakes is a good inclusion and should be a decent side, even if warming to turf might take some time. Which St Andrews is that - Coburg or out West somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back