North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Genuine_No12;351187 said:
Yes, I was very surprised to see Taylors Lakes on the list. NWCA is all synthetic. You don't see a lot of new turf wickets being put down. Might be one of the flow on actions of the NWCA/MMVCA merger not going through.

Interesting to see where they will be playing, I wouldn't think it would be in the Moreland Council! Doubt it would have anything to do with the merger as the merger was catering for the hard wicket teams more so than turf, well in the short term anyway. I think they will need a couple of years to get the best out of themselves with the change of surface. Interesting that North B is 9 sides, will that mean a bye and a game against the south division as happened 2 years ago?

Sober Symonds;352290 said:
St Albans always recruit strongly. What's new? They still never win anything.
Hoppers are a bit the same, though at least they're consistently up there. Should do more with the amount of teams/kids/catchment area they have.
Valley were not good enough last year. Reliance on one bat doesn't carry so much weight the higher the division you play.
Taylors Lakes is a good inclusion and should be a decent side, even if warming to turf might take some time. Which St Andrews is that - Coburg or out West somewhere?

St Andrews and Altona Roosters are from Western Suburbs Church comp, SA played off in GF, Roosters lost semi in contriversial circumstances. Taylors Lakes have won last 3 flags in North West comp, will be top 2 or 3 in nth b

NWCA / MMVCA merger would have given a possible turf comp option down the track.

Direct quote from VTCA on bye :
"The Executive is though still awaiting further information on an application for entry from another North based side. If this application eventuates and is accepted it will facilitate a change from nine (9) teams in North B to eight (8) teams. Two further teams will be added to North A to make a ten (10) team division, again the process for selection will be done via submissions accepted from all interested North B clubs. Clubs will be notified if this is to be the case. "

Bigcoq,

My opinion that Taylors Lakes will be the best of the new sides is only my opinion. It was based on watching them a couple of times last year, knowing the capabilities of 5 or 6 of their better players,who will revert to or back to turf cricket without 2 many problems, knowing they have a bit of cash to spend, watching a bit of Roosters 1st X1 turf cricket last year and discussions with players who have played both churches and VTCA in recent years. I just think, based on what I've seen and been told, TL at this point are going to be a very very good North B side, and a little further developed this year than the 2 sides from the Churches, especially now Chris Armstrong has taken a coaching job in the WDCA. Your club and St Andrews needs to be congratulated, transferring to the VTCA from a local comp is a decision my club made 5 years ago and its the best thing we ever did. Hopefully Roosters and St Andrews will enjoy plenty of success in the short and long term, on and off the field. Hopefully u prove me wrong.

jika jika;352335 said:
St Andrews and Altona Roosters are from Western Suburbs Church comp, SA played off in GF, Roosters lost semi in contriversial circumstances. Taylors Lakes have won last 3 flags in North West comp, will be top 2 or 3 in nth b

JJ, I think you are aiming high for the boys from TL. May make the finals, tough gig coming in on turf for the first time and playing on different wickets right through the season (no chance of getting used to a home track), so maybe the first year in might be a good lesson learnt.

Re: north a1

202 n.o;350910 said:
gday boys new to the site take it easy on me this season.BRAINS01 im with you on this one first class facilities but the wicket is s##t. BIGCOQ give steve.b a ring he will cum in and stuff the club and the young blokes ask the st.albans and willy boys. DEMON zorro great bowler but i smarshed him around last year must be easy over pommy land i also heard that windy and roach have moved on big loss both good bats but roach has big mouth to go with it.

Did he get you out in the end ????? I bet he did, whats 202 n.o your highest score in thirds cricket. Q.Who calls themselves that. A. someone with massive tickests on themselves.
As far as windy and roach go, i know one of them has left, but ill keep you guessing on who.

Genuine_No12;351245 said:
Their Nth B1 side was their 3rd XI, which they were asked to put into B1 instead of a C division to eliminate a bye in B1.
Oh...so what would a guy on the Nth A/B thread know about "Hoppers struggling again"? Haven't their firsts played finals the past few seasons?

Guru14;352390 said:
JJ, I think you are aiming high for the boys from TL. May make the finals, tough gig coming in on turf for the first time and playing on different wickets right through the season (no chance of getting used to a home track), so maybe the first year in might be a good lesson learnt.

Guru

Are you still coaching the same side in the MMVCA?

Genuine_No12;351232 said:
NWCA / MMVCA merger would have given a possible turf comp option down the track.

Direct quote from VTCA on bye :
"The Executive is though still awaiting further information on an application for entry from another North based side. If this application eventuates and is accepted it will facilitate a change from nine (9) teams in North B to eight (8) teams. Two further teams will be added to North A to make a ten (10) team division, again the process for selection will be done via submissions accepted from all interested North B clubs. Clubs will be notified if this is to be the case. "

Very long track, merger failed because it was thought they would provide no support to the strongest part of the comp- the turf comp.

Guru14;352390 said:

They may have a share of a wicket for this yr so their 1sts can have some home ground advantage

Where do greenvale get their cash from?? I know that Inness has signed for them again, but only after a BIG payday and I am sure that Pizzarro would be on a good rate, plus $15k for this new guy.

Genuine_No12;351114 said:
North
Doutta Stars
Greenvale
Hoppers Crossing
Keilor Park
Parkville Districts
Strathmore
Sunshine United
Sunshine Druids
Tullamarine
Westmeadows

North A
Albion
Avondale Heights
East Keilor
Footscray United
Moonee Valley
Seddon
St Albans
Werribee Centrals

North B
Aberfeldie
Aberfeldie Park
Altona Roosters
Craigieburn
Flemington
Jacana
Seabrook
St Andrews
Taylors Lakes

Ok lets have a look at the three divisions starting with North.
North: I am thinking Hoppers Crossing will be looking at recruiting some senior players as the rumour is they have lost a couple of players ( rumour only ).
North A: St.Albans will be the team to beat, recruited strongly. There are a couple of unknown factors in North B. Moonee Valley if they keep there Sri Lankan can beat anyone on there day, but he must fire and Werribee Centrals can take the next step if they keep there bowling attack but need there batting to improve.
North B: Hard to say as there are 3 new teams in this comp and a couple that just strugle, may wait to the season for any predictions.

What does every1 think?

BigCoq;352739 said:
Jika are we looking at Sunday games in B turf this season.

I dont know the setup, I have only heard TL 1sts may have a share wicket for this season. How and when their 2nds play is a mystery, but Sundays may be an option

10notout;352276 said:
Ok lets have a look at the three divisions starting with North.
North: I am thinking Hoppers Crossing will be looking at recruiting some senior players as the rumour is they have lost a couple of players ( rumour only ).
North A: St.Albans will be the team to beat, recruited strongly. There are a couple of unknown factors in North B. Moonee Valley if they keep there Sri Lankan can beat anyone on there day, but he must fire and Werribee Centrals can take the next step if they keep there bowling attack but need there batting to improve.
North B: Hard to say as there are 3 new teams in this comp and a couple that just strugle, may wait to the season for any predictions.

What does every1 think?

Hoppers are a bit the same, though at least they're consistently up there. Should do more with the amount of teams/kids/catchment area they have.
Valley were not good enough last year. Reliance on one bat doesn't carry so much weight the higher the division you play.
Taylors Lakes is a good inclusion and should be a decent side, even if warming to turf might take some time. Which St Andrews is that - Coburg or out West somewhere?

jika jika;352763 said:
I dont know the setup, I have only heard TL 1sts may have a share wicket for this season. How and when their 2nds play is a mystery, but Sundays may be an option

Jika....A little little Birdie told me last week,TL 2's are sharing a ground in Sunshine somewhere & playing on sundays.

Sober Symonds;352290 said:

hussler;352768 said:
Jika....A little little Birdie told me last week,TL 2's are sharing a ground in Sunshine somewhere & playing on sundays.

You sure you didn't misunderstand him while he was choking on a cuddle-fish banging his head on a little mirror?

Bigcoq,

My opinion that Taylors Lakes will be the best of the new sides is only my opinion. It was based on watching them a couple of times last year, knowing the capabilities of 5 or 6 of their better players,who will revert to or back to turf cricket without 2 many problems, knowing they have a bit of cash to spend, watching a bit of Roosters 1st X1 turf cricket last year and discussions with players who have played both churches and VTCA in recent years. I just think, based on what I've seen and been told, TL at this point are going to be a very very good North B side, and a little further developed this year than the 2 sides from the Churches, especially now Chris Armstrong has taken a coaching job in the WDCA. Your club and St Andrews needs to be congratulated, transferring to the VTCA from a local comp is a decision my club made 5 years ago and its the best thing we ever did. Hopefully Roosters and St Andrews will enjoy plenty of success in the short and long term, on and off the field. Hopefully u prove me wrong.

jika jika;352335 said:

Re: north a1

202 n.o;350910 said:
gday boys new to the site take it easy on me this season.BRAINS01 im with you on this one first class facilities but the wicket is s##t. BIGCOQ give steve.b a ring he will cum in and stuff the club and the young blokes ask the st.albans and willy boys. DEMON zorro great bowler but i smarshed him around last year must be easy over pommy land i also heard that windy and roach have moved on big loss both good bats but roach has big mouth to go with it.

Did he get you out in the end ????? I bet he did, whats 202 n.o your highest score in thirds cricket. Q.Who calls themselves that. A. someone with massive tickests on themselves.
As far as windy and roach go, i know one of them has left, but ill keep you guessing on who.

Guru14;352390 said:

Guru

Are you still coaching the same side in the MMVCA?

10notout;353627 said:
I know of 2 clubs were a couple of there players have hired nets and started net sessions.

if they need to start having a hit 3 months before the first game they must be very avg bats.i will start late september and still make 450+

Guru14;352390 said:

They may have a share of a wicket for this yr so their 1sts can have some home ground advantage

202 n.o;353669 said:
if they need to start having a hit 3 months before the first game they must be very avg bats.i will start late september and still make 450+

That's because of the standard you play at, Figjam. I don't care much for training in winter either, but if you did, perhaps you'd make 600! These blokes are perhaps only 250-run batsmen, and are striving to have 350+ years! It's all relative.

Still, we're all impressed with your ability. Bravo!

202 n.o;353669 said:

Whats your name so I can look up your stats @ cricketarchives.com

Id assume you play in the 3rds or 4ths (no disrespect to any 3rds or 4ths players)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back