North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

second slip , not sure were you have been last cpl years.the comp has been dominated by taylors / gladdy last 3 years .taylors gone , there is no one to challenge . gladdy will be lucky to loose one game .
top 4 simple
gladdy
paco
syd
tip rats / camp

to comp will be predictable and boring .

laker's legend;352398 said:
second slip , not sure were you have been last cpl years.the comp has been dominated by taylors / gladdy last 3 years .taylors gone , there is no one to challenge . gladdy will be lucky to loose one game .
top 4 simple
gladdy
paco
syd
tip rats / camp

to comp will be predictable and boring .

Not so sure about Gladdy... Even last year beaten comfortably be CCC at home, beaten twice by taylors and once by paco. I thought the comp last year was as even as ever with ony Buckley really struggling!

second slip , i think you are an ex short leg fieldsman .to say the comp was even last season is a bizzare comment . the gap from top 2-3 and the rest was huge . the fact so many one day games played last season gave the lesser lights a greater chance to be competative and that was reflected in the final ladder positions . the reality , the likes of the tip rats and co had no chance once finals arrived, just making up the numbers .
unless someone can pick up a handful of quality players it will be status que .
has anyone recruited ?

laker's legend;352403 said:
second slip , i think you are an ex short leg fieldsman .to say the comp was even last season is a bizzare comment . the gap from top 2-3 and the rest was huge . the fact so many one day games played last season gave the lesser lights a greater chance to be competative and that was reflected in the final ladder positions . the reality , the likes of the tip rats and co had no chance once finals arrived, just making up the numbers .
unless someone can pick up a handful of quality players it will be status que .
has anyone recruited ?

Campbellfield will field a better side this year than last
Lost 1 player maybe, but have picked up 3 that will go straight into the side which will lower the age of the group and the weight!
Macca will be a huge + for the side coming in at 3 and he is really pumped
Noddy will get better also.
Ingvorsen will only improve from last year also.
Last year was a bit of a breakthrough for the club and with a new coach and new capt plus the inclusion of a couple of others that i will keep to myself we will be expecting big things in season 2009/10.
Most of the first grade players are in full training already and will be primed for the 1st game.
Not that far off last year and could have caused some damage if they had not dropped easy games that they should have won.
Expect an even bigger improvement this season!!!

Second Slip;352399 said:
Not so sure about Gladdy... Even last year beaten comfortably be CCC at home, beaten twice by taylors and once by paco. I thought the comp last year was as even as ever with ony Buckley really struggling!

lost to ccc at home, they didnt lose easily and lakes beat gladdy in the grand final not in the home away, gladdy won both.

Second Slip;352385 said:
Back on to the NWCA, does anyone know who this Wallace guy that gladdy have hired is? Does he bat/bowl? How will he go controlling some of the ego's down there?

Any other news on player movements?

Craig Wallace played all his cricket at Merlynston Hadfield. Hasn't played much in the last couple of years due to having a shoulder reco. Did play a couple of games last year after Xmas.
Captained our 1st XI for 4 years including an A Turf Premiership. Very well respected person at our club and would have been great to have him still with us. A great leader who will have no problems in running the show at Gladdy Park and gaining their respect. Will dominate on the mats.
Will most likely bat up the top of the order.

Taylors is a big loss but Danny tells me that they have picked up a couple including a gun bat so they will improve, comp will be tight with the exception of whoever takes Taylors spot and Buckley & Roxy.

My mail is that Noddy is going back to Tulla any truth Oldman?

Am quite pumped for the start of the season. Am just half way through the footy season as well, so a bit of a wait yet. Might get a shot in 2nds this season. I'd be nervous as hell.

oldman65;352411 said:
Campbellfield will field a better side this year than last
Lost 1 player maybe, but have picked up 3 that will go straight into the side which will lower the age of the group and the weight!
Macca will be a huge + for the side coming in at 3 and he is really pumped
Noddy will get better also.
Ingvorsen will only improve from last year also.
Last year was a bit of a breakthrough for the club and with a new coach and new capt plus the inclusion of a couple of others that i will keep to myself we will be expecting big things in season 2009/10.
Most of the first grade players are in full training already and will be primed for the 1st game.
Not that far off last year and could have caused some damage if they had not dropped easy games that they should have won.
Expect an even bigger improvement this season!!!

stop kidding yourself..ex coach is shattered not being able to coach the club again herd from him today that there is a bit of love between a few of the people at the head of the club including their lovely ones(women).....he will definately not be playing at c.c.c next year and and has signed as assistant to w.weapons at his home club of deer park...........

now heard syd hillside has signed a new coach...b.kunasevic ex willy player 2s n 1s player ex haig ammos coach from the mmvca...interesting choice would like to hear what stormer has to say about their new coach and what he thinks of him.........??? seeing he mostly played 2s at willy and coached and captianed haig ammos to bottom 2 the years he done the job and was trying hard to get me there to take over the reighns......i understand didnt do too well last season being unvailable most of the year due to work and getting married........no doubt is a good player have played jnrs(albion) and snrs with him at willy an interesting choice in my opinio with all the old blokes at hillside hanging them up........

weapons05/06;352562 said:
stop kidding yourself..ex coach is shattered not being able to coach the club again herd from him today that there is a bit of love between a few of the people at the head of the club including their lovely ones(women).....he will definately not be playing at c.c.c next year and and has signed as assistant to w.weapons at his home club of deer park...........

now heard syd hillside has signed a new coach...b.kunasevic ex willy player 2s n 1s player ex haig ammos coach from the mmvca...interesting choice would like to hear what stormer has to say about their new coach and what he thinks of him.........??? seeing he mostly played 2s at willy and coached and captianed haig ammos to bottom 2 the years he done the job and was trying hard to get me there to take over the reighns......i understand didnt do too well last season being unvailable most of the year due to work and getting married........no doubt is a good player have played jnrs(albion) and snrs with him at willy an interesting choice in my opinio with all the old blokes at hillside hanging them up........

If that is true about CCC with the beast and noddy leaving then our comp standard will be dropping yet again as they will go backwards from a big improvement last year. Hopefully this is not the case.

So far we havent heard of any major imports being bought in to any clubs is everyone keeping their cards close (like we are) or arent we going to see any talent being $$bought into the comp?

Gladyboy;352605 said:
If that is true about CCC with the beast and noddy leaving then our comp standard will be dropping yet again as they will go backwards from a big improvement last year. Hopefully this is not the case.

So far we havent heard of any major imports being bought in to any clubs is everyone keeping their cards close (like we are) or arent we going to see any talent being $$bought into the comp?

Gladdyboy, you know better than to give to much credit to what you hear on here, especially from weapons. I can tell you Noddy is going nowhere and has already started training!!

Second Slip;352608 said:
Gladdyboy, you know better than to give to much credit to what you hear on here, especially from weapons. I can tell you Noddy is going nowhere and has already started training!!

Thats good to hear, I actually heard it from Tulla

hi all good to have finally joined in i have been reading in this forum for ages. i would just like to firstly respond to weapons regarding the ex ccc capt, coach - firstly i believe it is sour grapes to be discussing anything about any club - especially one that you have been invovled with - to anyone let alone people from outside our great comp and secondly i heard that he was not such a good capt or coach but a very good batsman so good luck to whomever takes him on as a capt and/or coach. anyway, do we know of any major player movements and is it true that taylors will be playing turf this upcoming season - i say bring on season 2009/2010

Willy 2s ,well.......boohoo.....:eek::eek:

captaindaddy;352636 said:
hi all good to have finally joined in i have been reading in this forum for ages. i would just like to firstly respond to weapons regarding the ex ccc capt, coach - firstly i believe it is sour grapes to be discussing anything about any club - especially one that you have been invovled with - to anyone let alone people from outside our great comp and secondly i heard that he was not such a good capt or coach but a very good batsman so good luck to whomever takes him on as a capt and/or coach. anyway, do we know of any major player movements and is it true that taylors will be playing turf this upcoming season - i say bring on season 2009/2010

so you think im him....hahaha...how is it sour grapes....???he got them back on the map in terms of wins and losses and just missed finals......they still owe him coin i am led to believe.......w.a.p

maybe you are either on the commitee and the people involved or the new coach........:eek:

that is true weapons....bobby kunasevic is our new coach... i personally dont know much about him... yet to meet him, im sure i will at the AGM wednesday nite...i fully entrust the panel who selected our new coach and they have made the best decsion for our club 2 get the luscombe flag we're after!!

ALL the old blokes hangin them up hey???

News 2 me and them!!

weapons05/06;352666 said:
so you think im him....hahaha...how is it sour grapes....???he got them back on the map in terms of wins and losses and just missed finals......they still owe him coin i am led to believe.......w.a.p

maybe you are either on the commitee and the people involved or the new coach........:eek:

I can tell you that it is completely false that he is owed any money! He was paid every cent that was owed to him!

As fas as getting us back on the map, he wasnt playing alone on the park last year and did not have a hand in any of the recruiting that was done, so i dont see how that is true either!!

in response to your post weapons - never thought you were him and about being owed coin i have no idea but find that very hard to believe. about CCC improving last season - was always going to happen with the playing personnel not that the coach/captain helped in that area lol. maybe CCC would have played in the final series if better cricketing decisions had been made on the field - so i have heard.

Dont worry weapons,you will some day get a gig in the NWCA.
It wont happen overnight but it will happen
Chin up and keep working hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back