North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

laker's legend;372266 said:
gladdy boy , what do you expect from serial offenders . word from the lakers home was that shane actually gave keats cpl to the jaw ! not reported !

if carton / gick dont get min. 6-8 games it will be a disgrace . poor image for the nwca .to maintain the integrity of the comp the nwca has only one option . unfortunately someone has to pay a heavy price .

gick will be a loss to paco .

metal bars only come out when gladdy play

Pfft whatever champ, my mail is from a source very close to the scene that it was a camera tripod not a metal bar and had he not been restrained noddy would have copped it over the head.

gee we make things bigger than wat they r, noody and gick have had a punch on and got reported, they will get suspended and everybody needs to move on. If this happen on a footy field we wouldnt even b talking about it.

voodoo;372281 said:
gee we make things bigger than wat they r, noody and gick have had a punch on and got reported, they will get suspended and everybody needs to move on. If this happen on a footy field we wouldnt even b talking about it.

The sad thing voodoo is that didn't happen on a footy field where tackling is part of a physical game. It was in a high grade non physical cricket match.

So you are correct that it wouldn't be discussed if it was footy but it's not footy it's cricket and this should never had occurred.

BTW where are the boys from CCC and Pacco why no comment?

Well why would all you boys let the truth get in the way of a good story on big cricket hey?

I'll tell you what actually happened, ewxactly as it happened, with no bullshit added, as has been verified by 3 of my paccoe boys as well as the captain of CCC..

Bear in mind im not trying to lynch Noddy here as i actually find him to be a ripping fella, however he obviously has a very short fuse..

We passed campbellfield about 5 minutes before tea, and I yelled out to the boys to bat until tea and we will make up our minds as to what we do after that after tea..

As we came off for tea, I asked scotty gick and scotty cummings whether they wanted to go out and have a bat or call it a day..scotty gick and cummings havnt been at training much and said they wouldnt mind having a bit of a hit, and we decided that we would bat for 10 or so overs to give them a hit.. Pana, our number 9, wasnt interested in having a hit, so had campbellfield got one wicket, the game would have been over.. I told macca that they boys were keen for a hit and just wanted to bat for 10 overs after tea..he was a little pissed but accepeted that it was 10 overs only or 1 wicket..

At the tea break, noddy was saying things like "if we go back out there im gonna throw balls at their heads.." and things of the like, which at the time, i thought was a joke and just him having a bit of fun..didnt realise at the time just how pissed off he was..You can ask Jamil Sukhon too if you CCC boys wanna get on here and tell me he didnt say it, because i was talking to jammers at the time..

After tea, the boys were walking back out onto the ground, Gicky walking to the non striker's end, when gicky went to walk over to macca to explain to him that he just wanted a hit and it would only be for 10 overs.. As he walked over to maca at mid on, noddy said to him "ive always wanted to ****ing knock your head off", to which gicky replied with "what did you say?"

Noddy then walked up to gicky and repeated "I've always wanted to knock your ****ing head off", to which gicky replied "Well why dont you then mate?" as you do when seemingly threatened on the cricket field..

Then, noddy punched gicky in the face, causing him to bleed from his nose and face, after which gicky tackled him to the floor to stop him from hitting him again..it was then when the campbellfield boys, along with myself and a ferw paccoe boys, came on and restrained the two.. It was obvious at this time that gicky was insensed and wanted to go on with it, but after i restrained him i called macca over and told him the game was off as after this it could only get worse from there...

The game was then called off, and the paccoe boys milled around gicky as he was furious and we wanted to make sure nothing more came of it..

That is what happened..the truth, and nothing but it... So all of you idiots who get on here and question scotty gick's credibility ought to be ashamed of yourselves..ive played cricket with the bloke for 10 years and have never ever seen him involved in a confrontation like this..

If he gets any weeks for this then I, and some of my team mates, will be giving a walkover come saturday's game.. A bloke should never be suspended for defending himself without throwing a punch..

Hope this clears it all up for you boys.. As i said, nothing against noddy as i quite like him as a bloke, but he went too far this time and should be the only one getting suspended..And i wont have people on here bad mouthing my players for no good reason..

Harey

12thman;372230 said:
No issue with rookies ABOP at all and yes 30+ years ago I was one myself. Just making a statement that is backed up by the amount of rookies joining the BCF's on all forums not just this one as soon as their is a sniff of trouble both on and off the field.This incident had not long happened when you were the one to make the first comment about it.

Don't take it personally as all opinions are valid and welcome. All I am saying is that once these incidents happen the boards are flooded with "newbies" ;)

I'd personally like to see allot more rookies join and post to let us guys that have been around the traps a while see a different point of view.

It is great to get opinions from the younger generation and new players to the comp, the way they think, what can and should be done to enhance the game and to learn about the new and younger guys playing now. Cricket is and always will be a changing funny game.

The point is, don't wait until something negative happens to join or post spread the word and let's get some more opinions on the forum in regard to all avenues of cricket not just the gossip and rumour file.:)

Fair enough 12M I will make sure I take your advice and get more active. Having said that newsworthy stories create interest which is why everyone jumps on when something out of the ordinary happens. The media would not be the media without a story to tell and this one would certainly make the "front page". Talking points are just that and while idiots (by the sound of it just 1) keep on doing idiotic things we will all have a wealth of things to discuss.

As for the tribunal is that the same for all comps? Seems ridiculous to have an administrative body and yet handball important decisions to other comps. And what about the captain - does he cop the same weeks?

A Bit Of Pichione;372334 said:
Fair enough 12M I will make sure I take your advice and get more active. Having said that newsworthy stories create interest which is why everyone jumps on when something out of the ordinary happens. The media would not be the media without a story to tell and this one would certainly make the "front page". Talking points are just that and while idiots (by the sound of it just 1) keep on doing idiotic things we will all have a wealth of things to discuss.

As for the tribunal is that the same for all comps? Seems ridiculous to have an administrative body and yet handball important decisions to other comps. And what about the captain - does he cop the same weeks?

This just got interesting given Harey's statement, there is no way imo captains can be held accountable for what has been reported as taking place heat of the moment event neither captain had a chance of stopping it.

Harey;372325 said:
Well why would all you boys let the truth get in the way of a good story on big cricket hey?

I'll tell you what actually happened, ewxactly as it happened, with no bullshit added, as has been verified by 3 of my paccoe boys as well as the captain of CCC..

Bear in mind im not trying to lynch Noddy here as i actually find him to be a ripping fella, however he obviously has a very short fuse..

We passed campbellfield about 5 minutes before tea, and I yelled out to the boys to bat until tea and we will make up our minds as to what we do after that after tea..

As we came off for tea, I asked scotty gick and scotty cummings whether they wanted to go out and have a bat or call it a day..scotty gick and cummings havnt been at training much and said they wouldnt mind having a bit of a hit, and we decided that we would bat for 10 or so overs to give them a hit.. Pana, our number 9, wasnt interested in having a hit, so had campbellfield got one wicket, the game would have been over.. I told macca that they boys were keen for a hit and just wanted to bat for 10 overs after tea..he was a little pissed but accepeted that it was 10 overs only or 1 wicket..

At the tea break, noddy was saying things like "if we go back out there im gonna throw balls at their heads.." and things of the like, which at the time, i thought was a joke and just him having a bit of fun..didnt realise at the time just how pissed off he was..You can ask Jamil Sukhon too if you CCC boys wanna get on here and tell me he didnt say it, because i was talking to jammers at the time..

After tea, the boys were walking back out onto the ground, Gicky walking to the non striker's end, when gicky went to walk over to macca to explain to him that he just wanted a hit and it would only be for 10 overs.. As he walked over to maca at mid on, noddy said to him "ive always wanted to ****ing knock your head off", to which gicky replied with "what did you say?"

Noddy then walked up to gicky and repeated "I've always wanted to knock your ****ing head off", to which gicky replied "Well why dont you then mate?" as you do when seemingly threatened on the cricket field..

Then, noddy punched gicky in the face, causing him to bleed from his nose and face, after which gicky tackled him to the floor to stop him from hitting him again..it was then when the campbellfield boys, along with myself and a ferw paccoe boys, came on and restrained the two.. It was obvious at this time that gicky was insensed and wanted to go on with it, but after i restrained him i called macca over and told him the game was off as after this it could only get worse from there...

The game was then called off, and the paccoe boys milled around gicky as he was furious and we wanted to make sure nothing more came of it..

That is what happened..the truth, and nothing but it... So all of you idiots who get on here and question scotty gick's credibility ought to be ashamed of yourselves..ive played cricket with the bloke for 10 years and have never ever seen him involved in a confrontation like this..

If he gets any weeks for this then I, and some of my team mates, will be giving a walkover come saturday's game.. A bloke should never be suspended for defending himself without throwing a punch..

Hope this clears it all up for you boys.. As i said, nothing against noddy as i quite like him as a bloke, but he went too far this time and should be the only one getting suspended..And i wont have people on here bad mouthing my players for no good reason..

Harey

Sounds pretty much as one would expect knowing the participants. Had this incident happened at Kealba there might have been WW3.

As for a walkover I hope that may be a spur of the moment comment. Nothing worse than making a point by stuffing up the rest of the competition. This certainly does not resonate well with opposing clubs and this type of strike action only brings your great club into disrepute.

Showing up and winning (albeit I obviously hope you don't win) would be the best way to unite behind Gicky if in fact he is suspended. Refusing to support inter-comp or other association activities may be a better way to voice your displeasure.

In any case if you do provide us with a walkover we will have to drop our whole ones team to the magoos as 4 weeks off in a row may make us a little more rusty than we would like.

Gladyboy;372338 said:
This just got interesting given Harey's statement, there is no way imo captains can be held accountable for what has been reported as taking place heat of the moment event neither captain had a chance of stopping it.

Fair enough too

Harey;372325 said:

Harey

Just out of interest Harey, who made the first physical contact? Scott Gick or Noddy?

A Bit Of Pichione;372339 said:
Sounds pretty much as one would expect knowing the participants. Had this incident happened at Kealba there might have been WW3.

As for a walkover I hope that may be a spur of the moment comment. Nothing worse than making a point by stuffing up the rest of the competition. This certainly does not resonate well with opposing clubs and this type of strike action only brings your great club into disrepute.

Showing up and winning (albeit I obviously hope you don't win) would be the best way to unite behind Gicky if in fact he is suspended. Refusing to support inter-comp or other association activities may be a better way to voice your displeasure.

In any case if you do provide us with a walkover we will have to drop our whole ones team to the magoos as 4 weeks off in a row may make us a little more rusty than we would like.

And as for you you flog, how can you possibly get on here and question the integrity of another club when your own captain is a drug courier and a wannabe stand over man!

Second Slip;372344 said:
Just out of interest Harey, who made the first physical contact? Scott Gick or Noddy?

Not exactly sure mate..it depends on who u ask..i didnt see the initial part of the whole thing..

I trust what scotty gick has to say, as well as all the paccoe boys/supporters who saw it (there were only 3 of them..)They have told me exactly what happened as above, which was confirmed by a few non biased CCC players..so im led to beleive that what i have written is exactly as it went down..

I couldnt see scotty gick shirting a bloke, not really his style..he would have barked back at noddy after he threatended him, but hes not the kind of bloke to start a fight or chest someone in my opinion..take from that what u will..

Second Slip;372346 said:
And as for you you flog, how can you possibly get on here and question the integrity of another club when your own captain is a drug courier and a wannabe stand over man!

What I am questioning is why anyone would punch someone in the face on a cricket field - indefensible. No good trying to deflect the situation with that other rubbish you wrote just suck it up and look forward to a very long absence for at least 1 of your dickheads.

The sweet sound of silence coming from all CCC writers so far is evidence that all involved with your club are embarrassed and so should you be moron

Harey;372351 said:
Not exactly sure mate..it depends on who u ask..i didnt see the initial part of the whole thing..

I trust what scotty gick has to say, as well as all the paccoe boys/supporters who saw it (there were only 3 of them..)They have told me exactly what happened as above, which was confirmed by a few non biased CCC players..so im led to beleive that what i have written is exactly as it went down..

I couldnt see scotty gick shirting a bloke, not really his style..he would have barked back at noddy after he threatended him, but hes not the kind of bloke to start a fight or chest someone in my opinion..take from that what u will..

From what i am lead to belive the umpires only saw 2 players wrestling. So if they are going to suspend one player and not the other then they are going to have to accept "eye witness" evidence from people who may or may not be biased..... pretty hard to say 1 player gets a long penalty and 1 gets off scott free... pardon the pun. It would not be the first time that someone has gotten away with an indiscretion because the officials didnt see it! I dont agree with that but if the umpires put in the report that all they saw was wrestling then no-one can be charged with striking.

A Bit Of Pichione;372352 said:
What I am questioning is why anyone would punch someone in the face on a cricket field - indefensible. No good trying to deflect the situation with that other rubbish you wrote just suck it up and look forward to a very long absence for at least 1 of your dickheads.

The sweet sound of silence coming from all CCC writers so far is evidence that all involved with your club are embarrassed and so should you be moron

I totally agree that punching or any other physical contact on the cricket field is completely abhorrent, my point is like i just made the mistake of doing why would you tar the whole club with the same brush when only 1 player stands accused of wrong doing?

Harey;372325 said:

Harey

]Fair enough 12M I will make sure I take your advice and get more active. Having said that newsworthy stories create interest which is why everyone jumps on when something out of the ordinary happens. The media would not be the media without a story to tell and this one would certainly make the "front page". Talking points are just that and while idiots (by the sound of it just 1) keep on doing idiotic things we will all have a wealth of things to discuss.

As for the tribunal is that the same for all comps? Seems ridiculous to have an administrative body and yet handball important decisions to other comps. And what about the captain - does he cop the same weeks?[/QUOTE]

Harey;372351 said:
not exactly sure who started it and I trust what scotty gick has to say, as well as all the paccoe boys/supporters who saw it (there were only 3 of them..)They have told me exactly what happened as above, which was confirmed by a few non biased CCC players..so im led to beleive that what i have written is exactly as it went down..

Firstly will apologise for any typos as I missed this round due to a visit from Mr Arthur Itis in the knee and fingers and it's still giving me hell. Here goes.

1)QUOTE=Harey;372325) if you read it over and over and read between the lines it seems to indicate that the whole truth is the truth because harey says so. Fair enough if that's what you want all to believe. However !!!!!!!

In response to another question as to who started it
Harey;372351 not exactly sure who started it and I trust what scotty gick has to say /They have told me exactly what happened/ im led to beleive that what i have written is exactly as it went down. From this response from Harey how can harey say it is true when he didn't see it either.Once again heresay so the truth is still out there. 2)[QUOTE=Harey;372325 said:
So all of you idiots who get on here and question scotty gick's credibility ought to be ashamed of yourselves..ive played cricket with the bloke for 10 years.

I have known him and played against him as has your father played along side him, allot longer than that and I have also known the Carton boys for 20 plus years so I am not taking sides here, but if you expect people to believe that Scott Gick is not capable of this sort of behavior you are very wrong. Personally I think he's a great bloke and I call him a mate. On the other side we have Warren (Noddy)Carton, as Harey said is also a great bloke so nobody that knows him well would ever believe he instigated any of this as far as punching, wrestling whatever the case may be, I also consider him a mate.As for sledging yes he does do that.

3) As for your comments regarding walkovers etc, sorry time to grow up. "A bloke should never be suspended for defending himself without throwing a punch" what about two chests or do they not count as physical contact. Have a chat with your dad and some other blokes that have played at Pacco for 20+ years, I will not name them they are not involved and they'll tell you when we were younger that type of action would never have been thought about let alone be dicussed. We want to play cricket not start a war of words over a decision that is yet to be made or once it is whatever the outcome may be. BTW you should not be mentioning other people by name in your quotes that are not the 2 individuals this is about especially when this is a very serious incident. It is not fair to those people in this type of debate/discussion.

5) Harey please note this reply also to
A Bit Of Pichione;372334 As for the tribunal is that the same for all comps? Seems ridiculous to have an administrative body and yet handball important decisions to other comps. And what about the captain - does he cop the same weeks?[/QUOTE said:
ABOP yes there are 7 different comps that use this rule when an indiscretion rears its ugly head. They all agree that if a case is found to warrant a hearing it is done so by an independant outside organisation. This gives an unbiased discussion and penalty if applicable.Whether we think it is right or wrong it is the case. Also a yes that a captain faces the penalty alonside his players for not taking control of their players. However in saying that 9 out of 10 times the captain is not penalised as it is beyond his control. This would apply in this case I would assume but I could be wrong. I have sat on these hearings dozens of times and never penalised a captain.

What has been said by many but only seen by a couple the only real truth is known to the 2 players involved as nobody was in earshot when the actual incident took place. I know both players very well they are both decent blokes and both are as capable as each other so it's no use speculating.

In summary there are 2 sides to every story and in this case you certainly cannot judge a book by its cover.At the end of the day the decision will be acted on in the appropriate manner as is seen fit by the Association that was elected by all to represent all

12th man, to be completely honest, i dont really care what others care to say on this matter..

And you shouldnt talk about things you know little about..

1st point - You say no one heard anything, however the other batsmen (Cummings) heard every word that was said as he walked to the other end to face up, just didnt see the punch, therefore we have a witness to know what was said..

2nd point - An onlooker/supporter of PVCCC (who i shall not name) saw the whole thing and saw gicky get punched first, and then a wrestle started, and so we have an eye witness account if you like..

3rd point - if you think someone being hit in the face is meant to stand there and do nothing then you are not a realist..gicky simply brought noddy to ground by wrestling him down, a completely understandable response to being hit in the face i would have thought..

4th point - I like noddy as much as the next bloke, but come on, your telling me you dont think him being capable of hitting someone? You either have your head in your arse or your just toieing a party line to not offend someone..The bloke has been deregistered from two football leagues and has priors in this cricket competition i think you'll find..

5th point - the way you talk about things mate, the only criminals who would get convicted would be those with eye witnesses..this story was told to me by 2 PVCCC blokes, 2 Supporters who saw it, and most importantly, 2 CCC blokes who agreed to the story being factual...So i have every reason to get on here and label it as truth my friend..Plus i have no reason to beleive that my two PVCCC blokes would lie about these things..

If thats not enough evidence for you mate, im not sure what is...
As for this not happening in the past, give it a spell mate..my dad has been up before a tribunal plenty of times before, as have people in his team/at our club...
I'm not being a martyr here, and am happy for my boys to cop the consequences of their actions if they stuff up (ie. marky sayers in the semi final last year)..

The reason I have come on here (and you will note that i do not post regularly here) is that it was brought to my attention that people on this site were making up bullshit about the incident with gicky and stating that he too should get suspended..

You will also note that there are little/no other PVCCC boysa on this forum..hence i felt it my responsibility to come on here and report the truth and support my team mate who in my eyes has done everything possible to not belt a bloke who hit him in the face...

So you tell me, why should gicky be suspended?

If it is found that gicky went and chested noddy not once but twice (which is utter crap), then im happy for the league to give him the appropriate penalty for "chesting"..

It is simply my opinion that a bloke who gets punched in the face on a cricket field should not be suspended for defending himself...
If gicky punched noddy in the face and noddy wrestled him down to the ground i would have no qualms with gicky being suspended and noddy not suspended..

I dont even care if noddy gets 1 week or 10, i just feel like the wrong bloke is getting lynched here..

Its rich that other clubs get on here and denigrade our club or CCC for that matter.. In recent years we have had run ins with gladdy on the field in the heat of the battle, but nothing has ever spilt over..it takes someone to take that next step to start a physical confrontation...you can be the judge as to who has overstepped the line...

In the future 12th man, please dont come out and belittle me with talk of "the good old days" of cricket..ive played 8 years of luscombe cricket and have been around long enough to know what does and doesnt happen..and ive seen my father, possibly the man with the shortest fuse in cricket, play for many years more, so i have seen it from both sides and have seen all kinds of acts both from players at my club and players from other clubs..

Glad I'm on light duties on night shift. Thoroughly entertaining comments Harey. You could write a fictional play on what you have said and it would be a smash hit.
Once again repeating the same old thing you didn't see it, believe what you hear, your always right and OMG 8 big years of senior cricket my you have seen it all.

Lets not forget it is totally irrelevent about what anyone heard it is the actions that count and while deplorable by both players you are too one eyed to see what is going on around you.Funny how NONE of your blokes saw a thing at the time bar a wrestle, but what a difference a day makes hey? All of a sudden the talk gets too hot to handle and bingo a miracle happens.Out of nowhere pop up 3 Pacco players and other witnessess who can back up your version of events that you describe.PLEEEEEEASE

Since you don't care what people say about you,it is not a good look when a captain gets onto a public forum to plead his case and throw a tantrum.Come back after another 8 years of senior cricket once you have grown up and read some of the crap you have written here. Lots of talk about you young man but I have stuck up for you as you are a decent kid but you have a hell of a lot to learn.THE END

12thman;372381 said:
Glad I'm on light duties on night shift. Thoroughly entertaining comments Harey. You could write a fictional play on what you have said and it would be a smash hit.
Once again repeating the same old thing you didn't see it, believe what you hear, your always right and OMG 8 big years of senior cricket my you have seen it all.

Lets not forget it is totally irrelevent about what anyone heard it is the actions that count and while deplorable by both players you are too one eyed to see what is going on around you.Funny how NONE of your blokes saw a thing at the time bar a wrestle, but what a difference a day makes hey? All of a sudden the talk gets too hot to handle and bingo a miracle happens.Out of nowhere pop up 3 Pacco players and other witnessess who can back up your version of events that you describe.PLEEEEEEASE

Since you don't care what people say about you,it is not a good look when a captain gets onto a public forum to plead his case and throw a tantrum.Come back after another 8 years of senior cricket once you have grown up and read some of the crap you have written here. Lots of talk about you young man but I have stuck up for you as you are a decent kid but you have a hell of a lot to learn.THE END

Mate if you read over my comments again, I list two PVCCC players above..one being the defendant (gicky), the other the batsmen (cummings), both of whom i never listed as "eye witnessing the event". One batsmen was obviously involved, and the other heard the exchange..try and keep up mate..

The two people who saw the incident, admittedly from afar, include the fathers of two players..they are the two supporters who saw what happened..When the umpire asked me if any of my players had seen the incident, i said they hadnt, simply because...wait for it..they hadnt! I approached one of the fathers afterwards who told me what he had seen..something listed as above..but he wasnt comfortable going on the report sheet which is fine by me..

It was at this time that 2 players from CCC came over to apologise to gicky for what happened..at which time, the question of "what happened" was brought to the table..At which point both of these CCC players backed up gicky's version of events as to what happened..and both were thoroughly embarrassed with what happened..

I have never said i saw the incident, i said i saw the wrestle, along with most of my players, but after collating the evidence and having members of both sides agreeing as to what happened, as well as trusting the words of my players whom i have no reason to doubt, i have come on here and listed the truth as to what happened...or "truth" if you like..

Im not sure what you think may happen outside of 8 years of luscombe cricket that you think i need to learn, but please, you can pm with your identity if you like and we will have a good chat about what you feel i need to learn..

Again, not sure why u feel i have thrown a tantrum..I simply came on here to pardon my player of the bullshit accusations levelled at him..If gicky posted on this site i would let him do it myself..If i didnt come on here we would have ten CCC blokes on here spinning a story which was not "true" and gicky would be lynched before we went along tonight..

In terms of the "walkover" comment, that i will admit was said in the heat of the moment, but probably will not matter too much because if the rules are still as they are, if both players get suspended then myself and macca can possibly look forward to a holiday as well.. And i will tell you that there are a few players who i have spoken to at the club who agree with my position on that and will be thoroughly dissapointed should gicky be suspended..

Hope that explains it for you mate..Glad that you stick up for me but as i have said, if people dont like me or talk about me behind my back then so be it..thats something you cant change..

Last of all, if you think a captain getting on the front foot to protect one of his players is childish or pleading a case, then thats your opinion..to me it was something that needed to be done..

Harey;372392 said:
Mate if you read over my comments again, I list two PVCCC players above..one being the defendant (gicky), the other the batsmen (cummings), both of whom i never listed as "eye witnessing the event". One batsmen was obviously involved, and the other heard the exchange..try and keep up mate..

The two people who saw the incident, admittedly from afar, include the fathers of two players..they are the two supporters who saw what happened..When the umpire asked me if any of my players had seen the incident, i said they hadnt, simply because...wait for it..they hadnt! I approached one of the fathers afterwards who told me what he had seen..something listed as above..but he wasnt comfortable going on the report sheet which is fine by me..

It was at this time that 2 players from CCC came over to apologise to gicky for what happened..at which time, the question of "what happened" was brought to the table..At which point both of these CCC players backed up gicky's version of events as to what happened..and both were thoroughly embarrassed with what happened..

I have never said i saw the incident, i said i saw the wrestle, along with most of my players, but after collating the evidence and having members of both sides agreeing as to what happened, as well as trusting the words of my players whom i have no reason to doubt, i have come on here and listed the truth as to what happened...or "truth" if you like..

Im not sure what you think may happen outside of 8 years of luscombe cricket that you think i need to learn, but please, you can pm with your identity if you like and we will have a good chat about what you feel i need to learn..

Again, not sure why u feel i have thrown a tantrum..I simply came on here to pardon my player of the bullshit accusations levelled at him..If gicky posted on this site i would let him do it myself..If i didnt come on here we would have ten CCC blokes on here spinning a story which was not "true" and gicky would be lynched before we went along tonight..

In terms of the "walkover" comment, that i will admit was said in the heat of the moment, but probably will not matter too much because if the rules are still as they are, if both players get suspended then myself and macca can possibly look forward to a holiday as well.. And i will tell you that there are a few players who i have spoken to at the club who agree with my position on that and will be thoroughly dissapointed should gicky be suspended..

Hope that explains it for you mate..Glad that you stick up for me but as i have said, if people dont like me or talk about me behind my back then so be it..thats something you cant change..

Last of all, if you think a captain getting on the front foot to protect one of his players is childish or pleading a case, then thats your opinion..to me it was something that needed to be done..

12th man, I actually played in the game... On the CCC side in fact and i can say that I agree with the majority of things that Harey is saying except the part about the 10 CCC guys would come on to the forum and spin a story that isnt true, because like the PVCC boys we didnt see what actually happened, we only saw them wrestling!

Now i cant confirm or deny that 2 of our players apologised to Gicky or agreed with his version of events as i didnt see that, but the fact is we can talk about it all we like! The league will decide if this is to go to the tribunal as i am told the umpires did not see the initial incident, and if they decide to put it to the tribunal then the members will make there decision.

But if Harey or Macca get suspended it would be an absolute joke! How is a captain supposed to stop something like that!

I dont know how you can say that a captain standing up for his player is a tantrum?!?!? I thought that is what a captain was supposed to do!

Any chance we can move on from this now and actually talk about some cricket?

What are everyones tips for this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back