North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

Cricket Guru 100;380616 said:
well done macca, good to see you back in the runs........
good performance, but not enough runs on the board for powerful Gladdy lineup...

interesting game SH v BP.........
big score by tipping again....
no telford????

Who's the bookie on this forum? Give us your odds for the Flag

Gladdy, currently best performed team in the Comp but their problem is they have been in that position the last 3 seasons and couldn't produce when it counted, when put under real pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B Park for me this year, no Big heads, they play for each other and more importantly their Captain.
B.Park to beat Gladdy in GF. 3rd Pacco, 4th Kealba.

It's all in the timing

Where is Heath Shepherd?

cutoverslips46;380756 said:

Gladdy, currently best performed team in the Comp but their problem is they have been in that position the last 3 seasons and couldn't produce when it counted, when put under real pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B Park for me this year, no Big heads, they play for each other and more importantly their Captain.

It's all in the timing

Where is Heath Shepherd?

big call !

still half season to go and you picking b/park to beat gladdy .
the beavers still have plenty of work to do to just make the top 4 . if they loose sat. , they follow up against their bogey team paco after xmas. 2 loses could see them back in the field . have gladdy last game of season . sat game critical ..
they are good enough to finish 1-2 , especially with tipping in the runs . if telford gets amongst them , they will be hard to beat .

kealba finish 4 ?

syd v kealba clash after xmas will be telling and most likely decide 4 th spot .

can ccc make a charge ?

heath shepard ?

any news ?

gladdy boy is he still playing ?

cutoverslips46;380756 said:

It's all in the timing

Where is Heath Shepherd?

I,ll be your bookie if you like
Give me a $100.00 and i,ll give you 10 to 1 BP dont win the flag!
BP no big heads ? who you trying to kid!

Gladyboy;380570 said:
I am interested to hear peoples thoughts on the best 11 now that half the year is done and dusted.

Here is my view

Tipping has missed games and still made plenty
Hackney came to the comp with big wraps and is now showing just how good he is
Markham continuallly piles up the runs is missing a score of 60 on results vault has actuallly made 370 at 70
Harey having another good season
Erdo the spiritual leader on and off the field Buckley Park are a better side when he is at the helm
P Tripp best all rounder in the comp yet again
Charleton leading wicket taker cant be left out
Kelly has taken 12 wickets in 5 games and made 200 stats not up to date very impressive economy for a spinner consideing the size of our park
Scalzo has done well on KGG's new pitch
Rassol CCC best bowler
Fitzpatrick bowled alot les overs than other teams strike bowlers with good return

not a bad top order there glady boy
tipping 68.40
hackney 70.17
markham 77.25
harey 68.33
erdo 60.12
p tripp 53.25
kelly 58.00

that side would smash any comp team
bowling averages
scalzo 10.50
charleton 16.28
rassol 12.38
kelly 13.00
p tripp 13.89
fity 14.92

only maybe two that i would consider to put in that side
i assume hackney is your keeper maybe mociack 53.25 had a good year
and shore 15.50 left armer gives the attack something different

letstalkcricket;380780 said:
not a bad top order there glady boy
tipping 68.40
hackney 70.17
markham 77.25
harey 68.33
erdo 60.12
p tripp 53.25
kelly 58.00

that side would smash any comp team
bowling averages
scalzo 10.50
charleton 16.28
rassol 12.38
kelly 13.00
p tripp 13.89
fity 14.92

only maybe two that i would consider to put in that side
i assume hackney is your keeper maybe mociack 53.25 had a good year
and shore 15.50 left armer gives the attack something different

interesting observation letstalkcricket .

looks like your selections are purely based on stats .

hackney - leading runs scorer
charlton - leading wicket taker .

both from syd . more interesting they have only won 3 games and are never included in contender / premiership talks !
will possibly fight for 4 th spot with kealba .

sometimes stats dont always paint the true picture .

rasool / harey , dont think so !

from those guys mentioned who will stand up when its money time ?

lakers legends i didnt pick that team glady boy did i just put the averages up next to them to have a look and you are right averages can be missleading i wouldnt have charlteon in my side shore is a much better bowler than him and i would have mociack in at 5 has had a great year

I agree Lakers that stats dont paint the true picture but at the same time you cant ignore them, I thought I would be seen as biased if I left out the comp's leadig wicket taker the reason I didnt put Barney is that how could the 2 opening bolwers for CCC get in when they are second last.

I am interested to see your best 11 if you cant use stats what will you base it on reputation and pick blokes like Telford and Shep that have done sweet FA

Gladyboy;380879 said:
I agree Lakers that stats dont paint the true picture but at the same time you cant ignore them, I thought I would be seen as biased if I left out the comp's leadig wicket taker the reason I didnt put Barney is that how could the 2 opening bolwers for CCC get in when they are second last.

I am interested to see your best 11 if you cant use stats what will you base it on reputation and pick blokes like Telford and Shep that have done sweet FA

gladdy boy please define best ?

- best players ?
- players with best stats / averages ?
- players who have performed the best for season so far ?
- the most influental players ? this catergory i rate the highest

not sure about your side .
you have tipping in the side . a week ago you werent convinced of his ability . one innings later you are !
you have fitzpatrick from gladdy . prior to saterday he had 6 wickets for season and from all reports was struggling to hold spot in team .

harey ?? lambropolous hasnt had more influental season to date ?
mosiak before harey ?
rasool ?? i would have 5 bowlers before him , including his teammates hussain and the barney .

sometimes its the players who bowls most will get most wickets !
with batting and the nature of our comp , only players batting in top 4 will get most runs .

its funny when we talk about best . if you speak to anyone from any club , you would have 2-3 bats as best . 4-5 bowlers who are best .

who really is best ?

laker's legend;380883 said:

- best players ?

you have tipping in the side . a week ago you werent convinced of his ability . one innings later you are !
you have fitzpatrick from gladdy . prior to saterday he had 6 wickets for season and from all reports was struggling to hold spot in team .

mosiak before harey ?
rasool ?? i would have 5 bowlers before him , including his teammates hussain and the barney .

with batting and the nature of our comp , only players batting in top 4 will get most runs .

its funny when we talk about best . if you speak to anyone from any club , you would have 2-3 bats as best . 4-5 bowlers who are best .

who really is best ?

The side is on performances this year, your right with Tippping I did question him after making runs against Roxy twice but lets just say doing it against Syd has convinced me that he could be returning to the powers he had yester year. At any rate how can you leave out a guy who has made 3 tons in 5 or 6 hits opening the bat.

Still waiting on your side?

- best players ?

mosiak before harey ?

who really is best ?

nothing wrong with harey under pressure made runs in both there grand final wins batting through a day in one off them i think glady boy has got alot right as i said mociack and shore i would have in regardless if ccc are 2nd last ccc bowling is there strength and is what keeps them with a chance in any game , lampbropolous would also be in the mix but you cant get them all in , as far as bowlers go i wouldnt say hussain has done nothing this year you can not pick blokes that havent fired this year, fity is a question mark , rasool question mark but who would you replace them with lakers legends ??

Gladyboy;380879 said:

gladdy boy , i havent discounted anyone . i havent picked any side .

how i can pick a best performed team is a little difficult when you take into account the limited exposure i've had to most teams / players .

and i havent questioned harey's ability under pressure . harey has had limited time in the guts this season and when he has made runs the game has been won . has had little influence with the bat this season to date .
stats / reputation ??

as previous entry , influence on games is what counts . like i previously mentioned , syd have the number one bat and bowler according to stats but have only won 3 games and arent a serious contender !

players that i have watched this season and influenced games as follows -

young ford from paco .
trippy
lambropolous from kealba
scalzo from kealba
d campbell from gladdy
erdo
r kelly from gladdy
j markham gladdy
barney

not sure your status as player but havent you picked your team purely on stats ?

you have hackney opening , doesnt he bat at 4 !
is be the best preformed number 4 in the comp ? if yes erdo doesnt get a gig . mosiak the best performed number 5 ?

If the comp were picking a side today would they leave erdo out because he bats at 4 and so does Hackney, I would hate to think so.

With the exception of Markham most sides have their best performed bats at 4 the best bats are the best bats simple.

You seem set on picking holes in my side which is only my opinion take it or leave it, I take on board letstalks points perhaps Barney could have got a guernsey.

What I dont understand is why you have such a strong point of view on this topc yet cannot give us your side surely if you are qualified to comment you are qualified to enter a side of your own.

Gladyboy;380898 said:
If the comp were picking a side today would they leave erdo out because he bats at 4 and so does Hackney, I would hate to think so.

With the exception of Markham most sides have their best performed bats at 4 the best bats are the best bats simple.

You seem set on picking holes in my side which is only my opinion take it or leave it, I take on board letstalks points perhaps Barney could have got a guernsey.

What I dont understand is why you have such a strong point of view on this topc yet cannot give us your side surely if you are qualified to comment you are qualified to enter a side of your own.

gladdy boy you are getting narky

as per my first entry , can you please define " best " . from what i understand you have picked a team purely on stats .
question , how many of the players mentioned have you actually seen play this year ?

i define best , as previously mention , as most influental and runs / wickets when it counts .
i made example of the syd boys . both leading runs / wickets yet they are 5 th !
you would think the team with the best bat/bowler would be in the 4 !

i noted my most influental from what i've seen this season . i havent seen tipping make runs . only watched one game and he failed . cant make a judgement ..from all reports he can play .

who the best players are is like asking people who the best player is in the afl . depending on who you barrack for will more than likely influence your opinion . true football people know better .

the last cpl years i've heard at least 5 players as best . there was a best and he played for taylors , and no it was'nt thomas .

i made an opinion from your earlier entry . opinions are like nipples , we all have them .

just need to relax gladdy boy . finals are closing in and you getting nervous.
you have doubts about your team ?

Great debate lads but one thing id like to know is how would glady boy judge any player as he is playing in another grade while the luscombe sides play. must be judging totally on stats. prob never seen half of that side he picked play this season.

- best players ?

mosiak before harey ?

who really is best ?

ease up lakers lol 9 wickets b4 the weekend results vault aint up to date so make that 15 wickets! dunno bout struggling to hold a spot!

YoungGun;380987 said:
ease up lakers lol 9 wickets b4 the weekend results vault aint up to date so make that 15 wickets! dunno bout struggling to hold a spot

Under 21s wickets (or mine for that matter) don't count champ...get over yourself. How many of the CCC top order did you get out mate...**** all. And to go as far as to say you are in the comp best 11...please...your nowhere near as good as rassool, hussain, or barney...

Patchy;380993 said:
YoungGun;380987 said:
ease up lakers lol 9 wickets b4 the weekend results vault aint up to date so make that 15 wickets! dunno bout struggling to hold a spot

Under 21s wickets (or mine for that matter) don't count champ...get over yourself. How many of the CCC top order did you get out mate...**** all. And to go as far as to say you are in the comp best 11...please...your nowhere near as good as rassool, hussain, or barney...

In defence of Fitzy he took every wicket from your number 5 down where exactly does your tail start?

Patchy;380993 said:
YoungGun;380987 said:

not sure about your logic , who ever you are .

patchy , no . he has more go than you and would give credit where credit due .

young fitzy got 6 fa and got gladdy out of jail . at one stage gladdy were looking down the barrel and about 350 ! 6 for 5 in 5 overs , ccc all out 249 !

you where probably one of those soft dismissals !! little to hard !!

nowhere as good as rasool , huss , barney ?? comapring a 20 year old with those ? compliments to you fitzy .

apologies letstalkcricket .

syd 18 pts , kealba 17 !!

both making up numbers .

will you guys defend your score ??

roxy any chance angainst paco ??

hey gladdy boy have you settled yet !
its all opinions !

here is a topic for discussion .

best player in comp ??
best bat in comp ??
most destructive bat in comp ??
best bowler in comp ??
and if you where picking a team from scratch who would be the first player picked .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back