North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

voodoo

totally agree . if any team needs to stoop to those levels it says they have no faith or confidence in there ability as individuals or a team . on a " sportsmanship " level its weak as piss and is a form of cheating .

lets rewind cpl months and go through some of the bizarre comments comming from the ccc camp . 2-3 guys to make 500-600 runs ,2-3 350-450 , cpl 200-300 .

at the time " letstalkcricket " and myself questioned the ability and capability of the ccc bats . could they get anywhere near that mark . we boths were very confident in our doubts . those doubts have be justified .

from what i've seen they have only one bat who is capable of getting 450 .

think your right voodoo . top 3 locked in , 4 th up for grabs .
the clash between the rats and syd .after xmas will be telling . i like the rats . more "GO" than the timid stormers .

discussion topics -

will gladdy loose a game this year ?
who will get 2 nd and important home semi , paco or the beavers ?
is trippy a moral for the medal ?

laker's legend;381433 said:
voodoo

totally agree . if any team needs to stoop to those levels it says they have no faith or confidence in there ability as individuals or a team . on a " sportsmanship " level its weak as piss and is a form of cheating .

lets rewind cpl months and go through some of the bizarre comments comming from the ccc camp . 2-3 guys to make 500-600 runs ,2-3 350-450 , cpl 200-300 .

at the time " letstalkcricket " and myself questioned the ability and capability of the ccc bats . could they get anywhere near that mark . we boths were very confident in our doubts . those doubts have be justified .

from what i've seen they have only one bat who is capable of getting 450 .

lakers legend
Do you honestly believe that i have the ability to tell the council when and when not to cut the grass?
If i did then to be totally honest it would never get cut when CCC were bowling .
Call it "weak as piss" call it " cheating" call it what ever you like.

As for CCC bats making those runs,yes you and letstalkcricket are spot on we are nowhere near good enough at this point in time but this could change after the break.

Gladyboy;381120 said:
Its irrelevant Oldman who I know is a committee member at CCC has obviously gone out of his way to ensure it doesnt get cut....will be all the more embarrassing for you blokes when you get smashed.

sorry Gladdyboy not on committee this year, too busy doing other things!
Good game Saturday with your boys just too good although that dropped catch might have changed things a little!
Our games always played the right way, hard and fair.

laker's legend;381434 said:
think your right voodoo . top 3 locked in , 4 th up for grabs .
the clash between the rats and syd .after xmas will be telling . i like the rats . more "GO" than the timid stormers .

discussion topics -

will gladdy loose a game this year ?
who will get 2 nd and important home semi , paco or the beavers ?
is trippy a moral for the medal ?

i think the finals have changed this year lakers legend 1st plays 2nd , 3rd plays 4th and all finals are 80 overs even grand final not 100% but thats what our club has been told, the first one day game back between pacoe and buckley park is huge for 2nd and 3rd if bucklep park win will put them within 2 points off pacoe,
tripp no moral misses the first two games back after xmas so the medal still up for grabs

letstalkcricket;381480 said:
i think the finals have changed this year lakers legend 1st plays 2nd , 3rd plays 4th and all finals are 80 overs even grand final not 100% but thats what our club has been told, the first one day game back between pacoe and buckley park is huge for 2nd and 3rd if bucklep park win will put them within 2 points off pacoe,
tripp no moral misses the first two games back after xmas so the medal still up for grabs

what !!

is that right , finals format changed ?

1 st plays 2 nd ?
double chance ?
prelim final ?

g/f - 2 day game , hoorahhh . long over due . it should be either 2 or 4 .

i would like to have money on trippy . wickets / runs consistantly and no one taking votes from him . erdo from the beaver chance . plenty of runs and wickets .
j markham will vote consistantly but not 3 votes . lots of 1 & 2 's . tipping with cpl more big innings after xmas will see him there abouts .

laker's legend;381489 said:
what !!

is that right , finals format changed ?

1 st plays 2 nd ?
double chance ?
prelim final ?

g/f - 2 day game , hoorahhh . long over due . it should be either 2 or 4 .

i would like to have money on trippy . wickets / runs consistantly and no one taking votes from him . erdo from the beaver chance . plenty of runs and wickets .
j markham will vote consistantly but not 3 votes . lots of 1 & 2 's . tipping with cpl more big innings after xmas will see him there abouts .

finals format sounds good, double chance and gf back to a two dayer. Jika comp works like this

voodoo;381515 said:
finals format sounds good, double chance and gf back to a two dayer. Jika comp works like this

sounds good . i like the idea !

but , can anyone confirm .

all finals over in one weekend ! no advantage team batting second on that 2 nd afternoon .

gladdy boy , you are a man of knowledge and power , can you please confirm .

voodoo;381515 said:

i can confirm now that it hasnt been changed we where told at the start off the season that they where going to change it and when they had the meeting they voted to keep it the way it is which is a crap system cause the grand final favours the team batting first to much if all days are played, and i dont agree with teams that finish 1st and 2nd getting knocked out if they lose a semi final the jika format needs to be put in place

letstalkcricket;381553 said:
i can confirm now that it hasnt been changed we where told at the start off the season that they where going to change it and when they had the meeting they voted to keep it the way it is which is a crap system cause the grand final favours the team batting first to much if all days are played, and i dont agree with teams that finish 1st and 2nd getting knocked out if they lose a semi final the jika format needs to be put in place

Has definately changed

1st will play 2nd
3rd will play 4th

winner 1st v 2nd straight into granny
loser will play winner of 3rd v 4th
granny 80 overs each

oldman65;381705 said:
Has definately changed

1st will play 2nd
3rd will play 4th

granny 80 overs each

change is good, reward for the top 2 teams who win the most home away games, also double chance for them. GF back 2 80 overs, makes sense when we play 80 all year.

oldman65;381705 said:
Has definately changed

1st will play 2nd
3rd will play 4th

granny 80 overs each

Finally, common sense has prevailed.

laker's legend;381878 said:
3 cheers for " common sense " !!

will the new format favour any team or disadvantage any team ???

do the higher ranked sides get home ground advantage in the semi and wat about the prelim and gf- were r they played at.

mid season review -

GLADDY - flying . 7 zip and most deff team to beat . very strong batting line up that has capability to score quickly and put fielding teams under pressure and good bowling lineup .plenty of match winners . will be under huge pressures come finals after major disappointments last 3-4 years .

PACO - typical paco to this point . just keep marching on and win when they need to . very even team with cpl matchwinners . young ford added bonus . trippy / harey gone to another level .

B/PARK - the return of its spiritual leader erdo has galvanised the beavers . tipping firing huge bonus . have matchwinners , dangerous team . bowling depth little suspect . telford key after xmas. he fires with the likes of erdo , tipping and mosiak forms a formidable batting line up .

STORMERS - little disappointing . number one runs/wicket taker in comp . and have struggled to win consistantly . always seem to come up short against the major teams . making up numbers .

KEALBA - stock standard . will beat lower teams , push cpl top teams and not win . honest performers with lack of quality and matchwinners .

CCC - have they been a major disappointment ?? dont think so . are where they should be . lack of bats a huge problem . on their day very good bowling lineup , just dont perform consistantly enough especially against teams around the mark .

ROXY - should start from scratch .that includes committe , coach etc etc .
desperately need new blood to lead young brigade .

Bit rough on Roxy coach and committee there Legend he hasnt got the talent to compete with the rest of the comp, I have seen both Donnybrook and Clarkefield this year and both those sides would knock Roxy over. Clarkefield are real good and could have made top 4 in Luscombe with a bit of luck are as good as and of the bottom 4 teams in Luscombe.

We have seen ppls opinions on the best 11 I am curious to see opinions on most disapointing players for the year thus far?

Gladyboy;381911 said:
Bit rough on Roxy coach and committee there Legend he hasnt got the talent to compete with the rest of the comp, I have seen both Donnybrook and Clarkefield this year and both those sides would knock Roxy over. Clarkefield are real good and could have made top 4 in Luscombe with a bit of luck are as good as and of the bottom 4 teams in Luscombe.

We have seen ppls opinions on the best 11 I am curious to see opinions on most disapointing players for the year thus far?

gladdy boy ,

rough on roxy ?

why do half your senior team walk out mid-season , rumours of punch ups with committee members and players , more players walk end of season . someone needs to be accountable and take responsibility .

clarkefield please , you are kidding yourself . would be lucky to win 2 games . didnt your 2 nd's roll them for 90 odd last week ? make the 4 in "a" grade . not a chance in the world . kealba would poleaxe them every day of the week .

most disappointing ??

what , players didnt meet expectations

Gladyboy;381911 said:

gladyboy u r joking arent u, donnybrook and clarkfield would not make the 4 in the luscombe with any luck and would only beat Roxy, they would not beat any other side in the luscombe.

voodoo;381917 said:
gladyboy u r joking arent u, donnybrook and clarkfield would not make the 4 in the luscombe with any luck and would only beat Roxy, they would not beat any other side in the luscombe.

Clarkefield would be a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back