North West Cricket Association 2010/11

Gladyboy

North West Cricket Association 2010/11

Alot of players seemed to have crossed from MMVCA over the past few years and all I speak to say the standard in our comp much better. Not to sure how many players from our comp have gone your way and the few run of the mills that have dominated.

Most not all of your sides wouldnt have any players that would get a game in 90% of the Luscombe teams. I personally think only one Glenroy player who have won 2 flags would get a game in our ones.

Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Gladyboy;402211 said:
Alot of players seemed to have crossed from MMVCA over the past few years and all I speak to say the standard in our comp much better. Not to sure how many players from our comp have gone your way and the few run of the mills that have dominated.

Most not all of your sides wouldnt have any players that would get a game in 90% of the Luscombe teams. I personally think only one Glenroy player who have won 2 flags would get a game in our ones.

Your talking about 2 completely different surfaces ,which is hard to determine.

I think there is quite a few players who would be very good in the NWCA, as there would be some very good players in your comp that would be very good in our comp.

Not trying to get into a debate, it is too cold and im too old for that. :)

Gladyboy;402211 said:

Maybe if that Glenroy player could get a game in your ones it might help you get past the "Gladdywobbles"?

I hear Gladdy Park are in a bit of trouble, some of there stars players have left, club not travelling to well.

Re: North West Cricket Association 2010/11

Gladyboy;402211 said:

Parker, Ward, Greaney & Chisholm would all be walk-up starts amongst your underperforming bunch of chokers. Play on a real surface before you open your mouth

Griffo;403147 said:
Parker, Ward, Greaney & Chisholm would all be walk-up starts amongst your underperforming bunch of chokers. Play on a real surface before you open your mouth

I guess we will find out this year on that one ;)

Any news on signings for the season, I imagine most clubs are training by now.

Rumours have it Roxy signed new coach and 3 guys from MMVCA who and I quote according to merlo site "Would walk into any team in MMCA"

Should be interesting year with new club Burnside entering Luscombe

gidday boys

another season approaches .

roxy with cpl recruits from moreland , please . what improve their team by 3.56 %

gladdy boy , what the news from tasmanian ?

can anyone fill me in on th new team ?

will they be competative ?

laker's legend;405728 said:
gidday boys

another season approaches .

roxy with cpl recruits from moreland , please . what improve their team by 3.56 %

gladdy boy , what the news from tasmanian ?

can anyone fill me in on th new team ?

will they be competative ?

The new team Burnside most of their players use to play with Caroline springs before they had a major split. Competitve wise they were always very competitive on the field when we played them the last few seasons. A lot will depend on their bowlers they relied on Wayne Kiely and Rob chafer to carry their load before Keily got injured he is a very good player can bowl and bat, Chafer an old work horse very smart with the ball. Batting seems to be their problem a bit of a hit and a miss like to come out swinging so be prepare to play some players deep in the field and dont mind going for it from broke. Also like a bit of a chat in the field. Unsure about your grades but i believe they will be very competitive. Hope this helps you. Cheers

Griffo;403147 said:

play on a real surface???? u mean the surface where ordinary bowlers get the ball doing crazy thing bcos yr wickets are shite???? oh yeah sounds good....

With the season less than 3 weeks away and preseason talk almost non existent on here I will endeavour to get things going with my ladder prediction for the upcoming season.

Sydenham Hillside
Pascoe Vale
Buckely Park
Kealba Green Gully

Gladstone Park
Campbellfield
Roxburgh Park
Burnside

laker's legend;408514 said:
gladdy boy

ditto

if your so keen to shut this site down , shut them all down or get another job

gladdy not make the 4 !

syd top !

Shame all of the rubbish was removed from this insightful post. Then again, you have worked out that I suffer from being particularly hirsute around the palm region. Also dear boy, this isn't a job, it's a vocation, trust me. By the way, it's spelt LLAMA not LAMA unless you're implying I share my time with a Tibetan high priest.

What I will say is that posts like the one I've quoted and come to think of it the majority of the ones in your history is the reason this site is going down the pan. More and more members are asking to have their accounts removed at the request of their clubs, who simply do not want to be associated with this place.

The question is which way do we go? Crack down hard and win back the trust of the boards or let you lot have a free for all? I know which one I prefer but it would have to come with conditions.

Back