North West Cricket Association 2010/11

Re: North West Cricket Association 2010/11

mas cambios;408570 said:
Shame all of the rubbish was removed from this insightful post. Then again, you have worked out that I suffer from being particularly hirsute around the palm region. Also dear boy, this isn't a job, it's a vocation, trust me. By the way, it's spelt LLAMA not LAMA unless you're implying I share my time with a Tibetan high priest.

What I will say is that posts like the one I've quoted and come to think of it the majority of the ones in your history is the reason this site is going down the pan. More and more members are asking to have their accounts removed at the request of their clubs, who simply do not want to be associated with this place.

The question is which way do we go? Crack down hard and win back the trust of the boards or let you lot have a free for all? I know which one I prefer but it would have to come with conditions.

When I read it I thought he was implying you spent your time with a Tibetan high priest.

Clubs asking for accounts to be closed? I find that hard to believe and why would you comply this is a public forum not one ran by the association or the clubs

Gladyboy;408577 said:
Clubs asking for accounts to be closed? I find that hard to believe and why would you comply this is a public forum not one ran by the association or the clubs

We don't delete accounts by request but the point is that it is becoming an increasingly common question. What you find is that people simply stop posting for fear of any action that may be taken against them.

It does depend on the competition/league/club but in this day and age, people are more aware of the potential harm that can be caused. If they can't control the site then they revert to the elements they can control - their players.

Gladyboy;408577 said:
When I read it I thought he was implying you spent your time with a Tibetan high priest.

When there are people talking a lot of rubbish/bullshit on here, those words have a distinct effect on the image of the association and also the club(s) involved.

We've already seen a number of instances on here where posting on this site has had an effect on actions outside of the forum so clubs have to take action on those they can control and those people are the players. So you'll find clubs asking players to either stop posting and tone it down completely in order to maintain their good image and to divert the spotlight away from them.

That's part of the problem with local competitions having threads and boards on here. A lot of people know each other and stuff said on here relates back or goes back to those on a playing or administration level. When something out of line is said it can have a large influence on those involved to the point where it starts to get serious (lawyers being called in etc).

We may come across as harsh but in the end the mods and admin on BigCricket are looking out not only for the site in general but also for the clubs and associations who are in frequent discussion on our forum.

Ljp86;408614 said:
When there are people talking a lot of rubbish/bullshit on here, those words have a distinct effect on the image of the association and also the club(s) involved.

We've already seen a number of instances on here where posting on this site has had an effect on actions outside of the forum so clubs have to take action on those they can control and those people are the players. So you'll find clubs asking players to either stop posting and tone it down completely in order to maintain their good image and to divert the spotlight away from them.

That's part of the problem with local competitions having threads and boards on here. A lot of people know each other and stuff said on here relates back or goes back to those on a playing or administration level. When something out of line is said it can have a large influence on those involved to the point where it starts to get serious (lawyers being called in etc).

We may come across as harsh but in the end the mods and admin on BigCricket are looking out not only for the site in general but also for the clubs and associations who are in frequent discussion on our forum.

ljp 86 your response staggers me !

distinct effect on associations / clubs !
clubs controling players as a result of post's !
lawyers involved !

what are you smoking !

boys , lets just take a chill pill , gather out thoughts and put things into perspective .

95 % of posts on this and every sight is just banter , tongue in cheek and harmelss fun !

this is not professional sport , but local sport .people playing for the enjoyment , the social aspect .

the fact people interact via this medium and support their clubs , the association should be viewd as a positive .

not once have i viewed anything malicious , nasty or detrimental to any individual or club .

as for you the mexican or is that the buddhist priest , your a disgrace .
lets roll back and refer your comments re. this sight !

positive dialogue ?

reality check - this is a free , open forum to discuss anything cricket related and in the process support & promote clubs / associations .

laker's legend;408719 said:

lawyers involved !

what are you smoking !

All of what I have said has happened on this site before. A person threatened legal action against another poster over some comments that were made on this site last season, it even made the back page of a local newspaper I believe. What needs to be taken into account is that posters are responsible for their own posts, if someone threatens legal action over comments that have been made on here, it's the member who made the post that will get sued not the actual site itself.

We have also known of guys being told to stay away from the site or tone down their posts as they have gotten their clubs or association in trouble by making dumb and uninformed posts on this forum. Some club presidents and those involved at board level at clubs and associations read these boards from time-to-time. If they see something that they don't like, a club may ask a player to stop posting or settle it down. we have been told by other posters on here that they have been asked to cut back on the posts at the request of their clubs or stop posting altogether.

It's all about image, if you go around on here acting like a clown it rubs off on your club and puts them in a lesser light.

laker's legend said:
boys , lets just take a chill pill , gather out thoughts and put things into perspective .

95 % of posts on this and every sight is just banter , tongue in cheek and harmelss fun !

this is not professional sport , but local sport .people playing for the enjoyment , the social aspect .

the fact people interact via this medium and support their clubs , the association should be viewd as a positive .

not once have i viewed anything malicious , nasty or detrimental to any individual or club .

I agree, this is what the site should be about. But I have been here long enough to know that sometimes it doesn't pan out that way and there are guys, quite a number in fact who have taken things too far and copped bans and also made their clubs and association look stupid in the process. Whilst you may argue that the cricket talked about on here is local cricket, there are still a number of guys who take it pretty seriously, not to mention there are some players in associations who are paid to play, in some cases five-figure numbers (or at least rumoured to be so).

Whilst you may find what I have said in previous post hard to believe, it has occured and the rest of the mod team will back me on that.

laker's legend said:

positive dialogue ?

reality check - this is a free , open forum to discuss anything cricket related and in the process support & promote clubs / associations .

I will ignore your petty jibe at me and say that anyone is able to discuss anything cricket related provided they stay within the rules of the site. If any member wants to do stuff outside of the guidelines then they face possible discipline from the mod/admin team.

time to talk cricket now not long to go
glady boy i dont know what your on but the storm to finish on top and glady to miss finals ,
the storm have picked up know one for the new season
glady might start a little slow but know chance of missing finals
tip rats have picked up some players from keilor
roxy have picked some up from moreland so hopefully they will be better this year
pacoe will be the same hard to beat again
campbellfield have picked up a few indians who can play a bit
who knows about burnside
buckley park have picked up 5 players some that have returned and some new

my ladder
pascoe vale
buckley park
glady park
tip rats

storm
campbellfield
roxy
burnside

laker's legend;408719 said:

lawyers involved !

what are you smoking !

positive dialogue ?

no one talks in here anymore i think its up to us to get the nwca forum up and going again

off the footy back on the cricket boys
storm and buckley park very underrated sides
pascoe vale still very strong
should be a ripper year

freakk show;409674 said:
off the footy back on the cricket boys
storm and buckley park very underrated sides
pascoe vale still very strong
should be a ripper year

freakk show you need to get of the " super man " tablets with a dash of lambrusca !

storm / buckley park underrated ??
can you please explain rationale behind comments !

neither team has been competitive when it counts for the last 3-4 years . look no further than last years semi when storm virtualy beaten in one day .

the season will be tight , no outstanding / dominant teams as in previous years . the title up for grabs , number of teams in the mix .

big improvers , the tip rats .

laker's legend;409845 said:
freakk show you need to get of the " super man " tablets with a dash of lambrusca !

storm / buckley park underrated ??
can you please explain rationale behind comments !

neither team has been competitive when it counts for the last 3-4 years . look no further than last years semi when storm virtualy beaten in one day .

the season will be tight , no outstanding / dominant teams as in previous years . the title up for grabs , number of teams in the mix .

big improvers , the tip rats .

I'm not saying they are hot premiership favourites, i just think they will give teams like gladdy or the much 'improved' tiprats a bit of a shake up sometime or another during the season.

You arn't wrong about both teams previous years, they were ordinary. Im just factoring in that both teams have new players that could strengthen their respective sides.

Been hearing the banter going on for awhile on the nwca threads a cant understand how some of you think this is a great comp, yes you do have some good cricketers that play in the comp, but you all bag each other like little children, it is quite amusing,anyone can play on a hard wicket it aint that hard and before you say who the you lets just say i'm a seasoned cricketer who once played in this comp many years ago and find it so funny to hear you all bag each other when you all just play park cricket wot happen to the good old days when we played for fun and the beer afterwards

smack that;409949 said:
Been hearing the banter going on for awhile on the nwca threads a cant understand how some of you think this is a great comp, yes you do have some good cricketers that play in the comp, but you all bag each other like little children, it is quite amusing,anyone can play on a hard wicket it aint that hard and before you say who the you lets just say i'm a seasoned cricketer who once played in this comp many years ago and find it so funny to hear you all bag each other when you all just play park cricket wot happen to the good old days when we played for fun and the beer afterwards

smack that , i think you have been smacking it for to long !

it amuses me when people make references to hard / turf cricket . this theory that if you play turf you are a better comp , team , player is bizarre to say the least .
turf cricket were a team makes 70 and bowls the other team out for 50 ...that is cricket is it ! a mug rolling his arm over and getting 8 fa !
hard wicket , turf wicket makes no difference . good players are good players regardless of pitch type .
the major difference between comp's is the level of depth . the better comp's have more good / competitive teams , player depth is greater .

park cricket . ?? i'l give you a fact . other than 1 st class cricket , we all play park cricket .

sounds like all you played for was a beer after the game . someone who just had a hit with minimal commitment .
strange past time . standing in the sun for 6 hours waiting for a beer , and most likely a light ale .
why would anyone do that ?
going to pub on a saterday and sucking the guts out of it sounds a much more appealing proposition !

laker's legend;409965 said:
smack that , i think you have been smacking it for to long !

it amuses me when people make references to hard / turf cricket . this theory that if you play turf you are a better comp , team , player is bizarre to say the least .
turf cricket were a team makes 70 and bowls the other team out for 50 ...that is cricket is it ! a mug rolling his arm over and getting 8 fa !
hard wicket , turf wicket makes no difference . good players are good players regardless of pitch type .
the major difference between comp's is the level of depth . the better comp's have more good / competitive teams , player depth is greater .

park cricket . ?? i'l give you a fact . other than 1 st class cricket , we all play park cricket .

sounds like all you played for was a beer after the game . someone who just had a hit with minimal commitment .
strange past time . standing in the sun for 6 hours waiting for a beer , and most likely a light ale .
why would anyone do that ?
going to pub on a saterday and sucking the guts out of it sounds a much more appealing proposition !

lakers legends whats your ladder prediction for this year i agree tip rats big improver's the storm are not underrated that made the finals for the first time last year and i expect them to miss this year and to be replaced by the tip rats buckley park last year improved there where alot of reasons why they had poor seasons the 2 before that , but they have picked up some players to make them a stronger side this year glady pacoe buckley park tip rats will fight it out

bring it on;410000 said:
lakers legends whats your ladder prediction for this year i agree tip rats big improver's the storm are not underrated that made the finals for the first time last year and i expect them to miss this year and to be replaced by the tip rats buckley park last year improved there where alot of reasons why they had poor seasons the 2 before that , but they have picked up some players to make them a stronger side this year glady pacoe buckley park tip rats will fight it out

BP to finish in the top 2, have pick up some new players.
s/hillside also will make finals, have new players also and will improve on last year.
KGG to finsh in the four with new recruits from the vtca, will b the surprise packet.
only 1 spot left and that will either pacco or gladdy. The lost of the quick bowler to essendon and have a few oldies in there side, pacco on the slide.Gladdy also on the slide with to many oldies and some players have left.

geeshehot;410038 said:
BP to finish in the top 2, have pick up some new players.
s/hillside also will make finals, have new players also and will improve on last year.
KGG to finsh in the four with new recruits from the vtca, will b the surprise packet.
only 1 spot left and that will either pacco or gladdy. The lost of the quick bowler to essendon and have a few oldies in there side, pacco on the slide.Gladdy also on the slide with to many oldies and some players have left.

Who are the new players for BP & SH. As far as I know Syd have only picked up one new player.

KGG will be improved but the players they have recruited from all accounts are Keilor seconds players.

Does that mean Ford has gone to Essendon, if so big loss but in saying that he had to go he genuinely has a great chnace of making a living form the game who knows how far he can go. Good luck to the young fella

As for us I agree we will not be as dominant as last year in the home and away season but I dont think we will be old. Johnny will be the only older player and I think every side in the comp would love him in the starting eleven.

Outs- Shep (fishing will feature in lower grades) Fitzpatrick (gone back to MMVCA)
Ins- Ash Fackler (retruns after a year at Westmeadows) Danny Viani ( KGG) Corey Bourke (work commitments allowing him to finally return) Daniel Alarcon (Narre Warren)

We will not be full strength with players missing for a variety of reasons until December.

Now that I have placed our hand on the table lets see other clubs show their recruits and losses

bring it on;410000 said:

good morning " bring it on "

predictions ?

as previously stated , season will be tight , no outstanding teams , very even competition .

i have heard a lot about possible inclusions , we always do this time of year . if all reports are part true , syd will make top 4 . dominant bat in hackney , bowling ok . big question , support cast ? if they have cpl new quality players as mentioned , they will push top 2 and give themselves every chance to play off . if not , could be the same old !
the beaver are an unknown . Telford key up top . if he can be dominant again , that will release / ease pressure on middle order ..bowling good / honest and under the leadership of Erdo , will have crack .
gladdy ..cant dismiss , still have quality . if what gladdy boy say's is half true , the inclusion of Fackler will be major bonus . has potential to be best player in comp ! will make 4 and be in the mix again .
paco ?? the team that seams to rely on few just keep winning . Hare / tripp still very young in cricket terms , should keep developing and get better . with support they will win enough games throughout year and make 4 .
the only other team capable of making 4 is the Tip rats . the Tasmanians of the comp are very much the unknown . whisper is they have added players . quality ?? unknown . Rambo key with bat , bowling always honest and playing on the " juiced " up deck , will have some sort of home ground advantage .
consistancy key !
they will be more than competative in one dayers . 2 day games ??
if they can bridge gap between thier good and bad , will push 4 .

other's forget .

first 5 rounds critical . teams will set their season up early .

Gladyboy;410073 said:
Who are the new players for BP & SH. As far as I know Syd have only picked up one new player.

KGG will be improved but the players they have recruited from all accounts are Keilor seconds players.

Does that mean Ford has gone to Essendon, if so big loss but in saying that he had to go he genuinely has a great chnace of making a living form the game who knows how far he can go. Good luck to the young fella

As for us I agree we will not be as dominant as last year in the home and away season but I dont think we will be old. Johnny will be the only older player and I think every side in the comp would love him in the starting eleven.

Outs- Shep (fishing will feature in lower grades) Fitzpatrick (gone back to MMVCA)
Ins- Ash Fackler (retruns after a year at Westmeadows) Danny Viani ( KGG) Corey Bourke (work commitments allowing him to finally return) Daniel Alarcon (Narre Warren)

We will not be full strength with players missing for a variety of reasons until December.

Now that I have placed our hand on the table lets see other clubs show their recruits and losses

glady boy i herad danny campbell struggling with a sore back ??
the storm have only picked up one player from darwin a batsmen
tip rats have picked up 2nds players from vtca from keilor but 2nds players from there would be more than handy in the nwca
i heard ford not going to essendon but not 100% on that
havent heard much from buckley park i know macca and hass are back there and there is rumours they have picked up a couple of indians, delaney not playing
anyone know about burnside ?? roxy ??
campbellfield picked up a couple of hassan mates he is captain there this year

laker's legend;410089 said:
good morning " bring it on "

predictions ?

as previously stated , season will be tight , no outstanding teams , very even competition .

i have heard a lot about possible inclusions , we always do this time of year . if all reports are part true , syd will make top 4 . dominant bat in hackney , bowling ok . big question , support cast ? if they have cpl new quality players as mentioned , they will push top 2 and give themselves every chance to play off . if not , could be the same old !
the beaver are an unknown . Telford key up top . if he can be dominant again , that will release / ease pressure on middle order ..bowling good / honest and under the leadership of Erdo , will have crack .
gladdy ..cant dismiss , still have quality . if what gladdy boy say's is half true , the inclusion of Fackler will be major bonus . has potential to be best player in comp ! will make 4 and be in the mix again .
paco ?? the team that seams to rely on few just keep winning . Hare / tripp still very young in cricket terms , should keep developing and get better . with support they will win enough games throughout year and make 4 .
the only other team capable of making 4 is the Tip rats . the Tasmanians of the comp are very much the unknown . whisper is they have added players . quality ?? unknown . Rambo key with bat , bowling always honest and playing on the " juiced " up deck , will have some sort of home ground advantage .
consistancy key !
they will be more than competative in one dayers . 2 day games ??
if they can bridge gap between thier good and bad , will push 4 .

other's forget .

first 5 rounds critical . teams will set their season up early .

morning lakers first of all its good to see cricket chat back in this forum always like reading your comments
i agree with everything you said this will be a very interesting season and there are always alot of rumors
ford to essendon is one if that is the case and good luck to him i think thats a huge loss for pacoe but i have heard that is not happening now
buckley park the interesting one talking to someone on the board there and he said macca hass bullock have returned and two indians have joined the club who both can play one an opening bowler with delaney the only one not playing from last year so you would think they will improve again from last year so 5 teams fighting for 4 spots

bring it on;410091 said:
glady boy i herad danny campbell struggling with a sore back ??
the storm have only picked up one player from darwin a batsmen
tip rats have picked up 2nds players from vtca from keilor but 2nds players from there would be more than handy in the nwca
i heard ford not going to essendon but not 100% on that
havent heard much from buckley park i know macca and hass are back there and there is rumours they have picked up a couple of indians, delaney not playing
anyone know about burnside ?? roxy ??
campbellfield picked up a couple of hassan mates he is captain there this year

hey gladdy boy , give us something !

campbell big loss if whisper's true . shepard retired , can you confirm ?
changing of the guard at gladdy ??

if ford play's will make huge difference to paco's fortunes .

burnside will be the whipping boys of the comp . will struggle .
roxy , hear they have picked up cpl handy players . wont make much difference . just not enough good players to get them over the line consistantly .

hey " bring it on " you sound familiar !

you dont play for gladdy do you ? you sound like a high order bat , dominated the last cpl years , with a distinct lack of length in the neck region and an appetite for jam / cream scones during the interval !

favourite sporting venue in world sport - the bulli track and not to mention an over size girth ??

hey boys , here's a topic - name a player who will go to another level and be a dominat player in the comp ? could help their respective team go all the way !

Back