North West Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association

cutoverslips46;229610 said:
Been o/seas boy's, just back this week, great catching up with the Chat.

Great call, if he's not already Barney should be the highest paid player in the Comp. Not only for his cricketing ability but also the example he sets on how to prepare & present himself every week, it is Nathan Buckley esk..

Mark Brown - From what I've hear both SHCC & TLCC knocked you back for the coaching jobs. KP knocked you back to coach but offered you VC just to get you on board as a player(gives them the option to send you packing if you play up). After meeting you these clubs don't think you'd are worthy enough to lead the club, you just don't cut it. My club knew you put yourself out there but didn't bother contacting you as we already knew what the others found out after interviewing you. Back to Willi 2nds or DP, bye bye.

I am sick of players from subbies, other comps ect. thinking they will come to the NWCA and dominate. Thomas is a classic example, good player but this year didn't perform in finals when it counted, the year before had a good finals series but didn't dominate I think you will find TL didn't rely on him to win finals. He is the best player in the comp but he doesn't dominate. he struggles at times just like anyone else. Personally I think the 2 from GP Shep & Markham dominate more than Thomas but it's hard to compare value of batsmen V bowlers
Thomas is no more valuable to TL than Shep & JM are to GP, Tripp/Barron to PV , Hackney to Syd .... ect.ect.

Carn' Campbellfield..............

"the year before had a good finals series but didnt dominate"...you've got to be joking
semi v buckley took 6 fa 41 off 30.2 to defend 136 runs
gf v gladdy 4 fa 94 off 41 overs to cause gladdy to lose 7 fa 40 and fall 20 short. also scored 54 not out to recieve man of the match

didnt perform in this years finals?????
semi v gladdy 3 fa 87 off 27.3 including the final wicket to end a 47 run partnership, he felt enough was enough.
and in the grand final roxi were all out for 96, thomas going for 22 off 23 overs, if that doesnt build pressure then nothing does.

thomas also played his part in the field, take 5 catches from the 4 finals.

You say he is the best in the comp but doesnt dominate...
from his 2 seasons in the comp has bowling figures of
84 wickets from 490.3 overs at an average off 14.86 and is going at 2.54 an over
with the bat has managed 669 runs at 35.21

also managed to win best player in comp last season
and lets not forget captain/coach of back to back premierships

but still doesnt dominate....sure thing

cutoverslips46;229610 said:
Been o/seas boy's, just back this week, great catching up with the Chat.

Great call, if he's not already Barney should be the highest paid player in the Comp. Not only for his cricketing ability but also the example he sets on how to prepare & present himself every week, it is Nathan Buckley esk..

Mark Brown - From what I've hear both SHCC & TLCC knocked you back for the coaching jobs. KP knocked you back to coach but offered you VC just to get you on board as a player(gives them the option to send you packing if you play up). After meeting you these clubs don't think you'd are worthy enough to lead the club, you just don't cut it. My club knew you put yourself out there but didn't bother contacting you as we already knew what the others found out after interviewing you. Back to Willi 2nds or DP, bye bye.

I am sick of players from subbies, other comps ect. thinking they will come to the NWCA and dominate. Thomas is a classic example, good player but this year didn't perform in finals when it counted, the year before had a good finals series but didn't dominate I think you will find TL didn't rely on him to win finals. He is the best player in the comp but he doesn't dominate. he struggles at times just like anyone else. Personally I think the 2 from GP Shep & Markham dominate more than Thomas but it's hard to compare value of batsmen V bowlers
Thomas is no more valuable to TL than Shep & JM are to GP, Tripp/Barron to PV , Hackney to Syd .... ect.ect.

Carn' Campbellfield..............

"the year before had a good finals series but didnt dominate"...you've got to be joking
gf v gladdy 4 fa 94 off 41 overs to cause gladdy to lose 7 fa 40 and fall 20 short. also scored 54 not out to recieve man of the match

semi v gladdy 3 fa 87 off 27.3 including the final wicket to end a 47 run partnership, he felt enough was enough.
and in the grand final roxi were all out for 96, thomas going for 22 off 23 overs, if that doesnt build pressure then nothing does.

84 wickets from 490.3 overs at an average off 14.86 and is going at 2.54 an over

King Of The Jungle;230322 said:

first post in here but those are good stats.
was that off the top of your head?haha :D

first post in here but those are good stats.
was that off the top of your head?haha :D

Even the cyclone wouldnt argue with that King.
They are some good stats and there is NO DOUBT he is the dominant player in the comp. Not everyone likes him but you have to respect what he does on the field especially when he bowls 20+ overs straight,takes a handful of wickets, chips in with some middle order runs and on top capt coached 2 flags.
Why argue with this, NExt topic!

I still cant believe he has 84 wickets in 2 seasons - speechless!

Even the cyclone wouldnt argue with that King.
They are some good stats and there is NO DOUBT he is the dominant player in the comp. Not everyone likes him but you have to respect what he does on the field especially when he bowls 20+ overs straight,takes a handful of wickets, chips in with some middle order runs and on top capt coached 2 flags.
Why argue with this, NExt topic!

I still cant believe he has 84 wickets in 2 seasons - speechless!

Well said Thomo!

Well said Thomo!

No doubt about that Cutlet he is definetly Thomo no one knows anyones stats that well most people cant even spin off there own stats definitely Thomo.

And if its not him I would be worried as the author is quiet clearly obsessed with him.

No doubt about that Cutlet he is definetly Thomo no one knows anyones stats that well most people cant even spin off there own stats definitely Thomo.

And if its not him I would be worried as the author is quiet clearly obsessed with him.

Thommo or not - the bloke has a point.
I didnt realize how dominant he had been - im still stunned at 84 wickets.
It takes most bowlers in our comp 31/2 to 4 years to get those numbers.

Come on guys - give the guy some credit no matter what you think of him as a bloke!

This is a cricket forum and this bloke CAN PLAY!

Im sure 7 other clubs would take him !

Come on guys - give the guy some credit no matter what you think of him as a bloke!

Gladyboy;230351 said:

To be fair, it's not hard to look up Results Vault.

I reckon even you could work it out.

Gladyboy;230351 said:

MB24;230132 said:
BPCC PULLING BIG NUMBERS AT TRAINING
Beavers are back in town.
Will make it back to the top 4 where we belong

CCC also pulling big numbers at training
beware of the pakistan freight train

MB24;230132 said:
BPCC PULLING BIG NUMBERS AT TRAINING
Beavers are back in town.
Will make it back to the top 4 where we belong

CCC also pulling big numbers at training
beware of the pakistan freight train

Cyclone;230356 said:

Can play backyard cricket,didnt fire for Altona nth
a few years back?

Cyclone;230356 said:

Can play backyard cricket,didnt fire for Altona nth
a few years back?

Cutlet;230362 said:

your right wannabe chops, results vault isnt hard to look up, but in all fairness not everyone in gladstone park may have the internet yet.

for the record, no im not thomas

Cutlet;230362 said:

your right wannabe chops, results vault isnt hard to look up, but in all fairness not everyone in gladstone park may have the internet yet.

Moronic Comment considering it is the internet that we are using to view big cricket I expected a more intelligent comment from a bloke who really should be twice as smart as everyone else or is that you only have a brain in one of your two heads.

no need to get upset Thomo you should be proud of your stats they are impressive

Moronic Comment considering it is the internet that we are using to view big cricket I expected a more intelligent comment from a bloke who really should be twice as smart as everyone else or is that you only have a brain in one of your two heads.

no need to get upset Thomo you should be proud of your stats they are impressive

King Of The Jungle;230474 said:

Cant wait to see Gladdy pump you guys.
You cant keep it decent can you?

King Of The Jungle;230474 said:

Gladyboy;230609 said:

lol nah i'll give you that 1, you got me there. didnt think that comment right the way thru.

Gladyboy;230609 said:

lol nah i'll give you that 1, you got me there. didnt think that comment right the way thru.

NWCA VET;230628 said:

i was just having a friendly joke between me and gladdy, but now u get envolved and make it personal.

But wats rong? have to rely on gladdy to beat us, no confidence in your boys to do it?

NWCA VET;230628 said:

i was just having a friendly joke between me and gladdy, but now u get envolved and make it personal.

But wats rong? have to rely on gladdy to beat us, no confidence in your boys to do it?

By the sound of it all clubs are throwing cash around this year!!!
Which club has the biggest budget???
And which club can afford the flag??

Give me your final ladder predictions fellas!!!

Mine as follows:
GPCC
TLCC
PVCCC
BPCC
KGCC
RPCC
SHCC
CCC

I have studied the forum and heard a few rumors that are not on here, so that is what i have come up with!

Mine as follows:
GPCC
TLCC
PVCCC
BPCC
KGCC
RPCC
SHCC
CCC

I have studied the forum and heard a few rumors that are not on here, so that is what i have come up with!

pooraverage;230784 said:

Mine as follows:
GPCC
TLCC
PVCCC
BPCC
KGCC
RPCC
SHCC
CCC

My final ladder predictions
gpcc
tlcc
pvcc
bpcc
-----------
shcc
rpcc
ccc
kcc

pooraverage;230784 said:

Mine as follows:
GPCC
TLCC
PVCCC
BPCC
KGCC
RPCC
SHCC
CCC

My final ladder predictions
gpcc
tlcc
pvcc
bpcc
-----------
shcc
rpcc
ccc
kcc

pooraverage;230784 said:

Mine as follows:
GPCC
TLCC
PVCCC
BPCC
KGCC
RPCC
SHCC
CCC

My predictions
TLCC
GPCC
PCCC
CCC
BPCC
RPCC
SHCC
KGCC

pooraverage;230784 said:

Mine as follows:
GPCC
TLCC
PVCCC
BPCC
KGCC
RPCC
SHCC
CCC

My predictions
TLCC
GPCC
PCCC
CCC
BPCC
RPCC
SHCC
KGCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back