North West Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association

Where Adrian Russell will play odds for 09/10:

KGG- $10
Up and coming club, Adrian has links with Danny V, KGG prepared to pay more players next season

GP- $14
Has close ties with the club. GP have shown this year they are always on the lookout for recruits, and have plenty of cash to throw around.

TL- $14
Also have plenty of cash to throw around, will be on the lookout for more batsmen as bowling stocks are good

CCC- $18
Will be looking for more batsmen next season, not too far away from RP. Will be looking to lure more players with some coin.

SH-$20
Surely SH will start spending some coin in 09/10. Must have plenty in the bank and need someone to help hackney get runs. Very good bet if SH start spending money that has been said doesnt get spent!

PVC-$25
Will be after the X-factor PVC seemed to lack so far this season. Dont know if the PVC would take him after the altercation during the 07/08 semi final.

No NWCA club- $30
Big possability might stay on at Coburg or find another association.

RP- $1000
Wouldnt think he was welcome back

*stay posted as more news comes to hand....

Stormer68;314282 said:
wazza played VTCA not subbies!! ya muppet;)

no chance subbies 3rds is a better standard than luscombe!!!
someone like shep would go nuts..he'd make 329* and smash 5 windows!!

And break 2 noses.

There is absolutely no chance we will pick up Adrian next year not even for free.

We have already exceeded our budget next year with new recruits anyway:D

roxy09;313781 said:
So what are the tips for this week guys?

- RP vs Gladdy
- KGG vs BP
- CCC vs Sydenham
- PCC vs Taylors.

Back into the 2 dayers boys!

My tips for this week

RP -v- Gladdy: RP back to earth a little last week and it has to be said have been playing above themselves for the last few matches. I expect Gladdy to be very keen to hold top spot with PVCC breathing down their necks! Expect the Gladdy big Guns to dominate an undermanned attack. My Tip: Gladdy

KGG -v- BP: BP have been poor lately, but i think the longer version of the game suits them better, KGG have been very good recently but they are more suited to one day cricket! I am expecting this to be a closer game than most think! I think the only thing that is really against BP is a very thin bowling attack, but if they can exploit KGG's lack of paitence then they can do some damage. DV will need a big score as will Macca from BP. My Tip: BP in an upset.

CCC -v- Syd/Hill: CCC have easily been the worst performed side since the break, failing to fire a shot in either of their games since. But they are much more suited to the 2 day version of the game and I think they will turn out a much better batting perfomance this week. I dont think that W.Carton/Berry/Ingvorsen/Dickson will go 3 games without standing up! Hassan is due for a bag of wickets. Syd will (as always) rely heavily on Hackney to score the lion share of the runs. The bowling attack also looks a little thin. I think CCC have a better spread of contributors when they are playing well and expect them to win comfortably!

PVC -v- TL: Easily game of the round! I think that PVCC are the best side in the comp! But you can never discount TL with players like Thomas and Markham! P.Tripp is the key for PVC if he can fire they will win! My tip: PVC at home.

Gladyboy;314974 said:
There is absolutely no chance we will pick up Adrian next year not even for free.

Did I hear somewhere that Keats got smacked by an outgoing KGG opening Bat ?

KGG- $10
Up and coming club, Adrian has links with Danny V, KGG prepared to pay more players next season

GP- $14
Has close ties with the club. GP have shown this year they are always on the lookout for recruits, and have plenty of cash to throw around.

TL- $14
Also have plenty of cash to throw around, will be on the lookout for more batsmen as bowling stocks are good

CCC- $18
Will be looking for more batsmen next season, not too far away from RP. Will be looking to lure more players with some coin.

SH-$20
Surely SH will start spending some coin in 09/10. Must have plenty in the bank and need someone to help hackney get runs. Very good bet if SH start spending money that has been said doesnt get spent!

PVC-$25
Will be after the X-factor PVC seemed to lack so far this season. Dont know if the PVC would take him after the altercation during the 07/08 semi final.

No NWCA club- $30

RP- $1000

Some good reading...not sure bout Killa laeaving RP some interesting odds on Russel returning to the NWCA

Good to see that Second Slip has been reading my previous match previews, basically spat out what i have been saying bout KGG and BP for the last 5 or so matches!!!:D:D;)

Rd 12
CCC v SH = An interesting battle for mine.....its highly unlikely that these teams can make it to the finals. Potential for big changes in either side with nothing to loose and everything to gain for there clubs int the way of opportunity!! Hasan to take wickets (5+) against and make runs (50+), but i cant see his team winning.....My Tip SH

KGG v BP = if BP bats can make a good score batting first, than i think they'll be hard to beat, i would like to see BP defend rather than chase the score.....if Heseloff, Macca and Delaney can make runs. I dont need to repeat the same message by 'second slip' about KGG batting and BP Bowling.......My Tip BP

RP v GP = cant go past GP....Sheps effort last week is a chance to be repeated!!! Too many kids playing and bowlers like Fackler, Pitts, Fitzy and Keats will intimidate RP batting then all RP runs are dependent on 3 guys!!....My Tip GP

PVC v TL = tough one!! the winner gets a home final so theres is plenty to play for. S Lee, Markham, Cutajar vs Tripp, Hare, Sayers.........Bowling is even as well Thomas, Lee, Harison, Just vs Trippx2, Barronx2...fair to say some good match ups....My Tip PVC at Home!!

Happy Hitting

Choo Choo

theobserver31;314949 said:

KGG- $10

GP- $14

TL- $14

CCC- $18

SH-$20

PVC-$25

No NWCA club- $30

RP- $1000

Where do I get on?

I'll have $1000 on each.

You're a punters dream.

Gladyboy;314974 said:

Did I hear somewhere that Keats got smacked by an outgoing KGG opening Bat ?

KGG- $10

GP- $14

TL- $14

CCC- $18

SH-$20

PVC-$25

No NWCA club- $30

RP- $1000

Don't know where you get your information from but your way off with Gladdy as second favourite to sign Russell. You obviously have not been around very long because they parted on bad terms last time he played there. I think that is why Glady Boy has been saying that they would pick up Russell.

The club who is on a recuiting binge from what I have been told is CCC. Looking to pick up Russell, Telford and Macpherson.

Some good reading...not sure bout Killa laeaving RP some interesting odds on Russel returning to the NWCA

Good to see that Second Slip has been reading my previous match previews, basically spat out what i have been saying bout KGG and BP for the last 5 or so matches!!!:D:D;)

Rd 12
CCC v SH = An interesting battle for mine.....its highly unlikely that these teams can make it to the finals. Potential for big changes in either side with nothing to loose and everything to gain for there clubs int the way of opportunity!! Hasan to take wickets (5+) against and make runs (50+), but i cant see his team winning.....My Tip SH

KGG v BP = if BP bats can make a good score batting first, than i think they'll be hard to beat, i would like to see BP defend rather than chase the score.....if Heseloff, Macca and Delaney can make runs. I dont need to repeat the same message by 'second slip' about KGG batting and BP Bowling.......My Tip BP

RP v GP = cant go past GP....Sheps effort last week is a chance to be repeated!!! Too many kids playing and bowlers like Fackler, Pitts, Fitzy and Keats will intimidate RP batting then all RP runs are dependent on 3 guys!!....My Tip GP

PVC v TL = tough one!! the winner gets a home final so theres is plenty to play for. S Lee, Markham, Cutajar vs Tripp, Hare, Sayers.........Bowling is even as well Thomas, Lee, Harison, Just vs Trippx2, Barronx2...fair to say some good match ups....My Tip PVC at Home!!

Happy Hitting

Choo Choo

One Day final today was a cracker.
Glady in all sorts 7/90 odd scrounged out 179.
Paco cursing lost 7/70 to be bowled out in the last over 6 or 7 short.
Shep is a freck 5 dismissals keeping including a stumping off Fackler.

Gladdy boy - What happened to Cammas?

KGG- $10

GP- $14

TL- $14

CCC- $18

SH-$20

PVC-$25

No NWCA club- $30

RP- $1000

Where do I get on?

I'll have $1000 on each.

You're a punters dream.

StraightBat;315987 said:

Shep is a freak keeping up to Fackler and keats and no byes is there anything that man cant do

Cammers was in Qld didnt play sat either he got there about 4, even he must be wondering if he will become a slip fielder after watching that.

KGG- $10

GP- $14

TL- $14

CCC- $18

SH-$20

PVC-$25

No NWCA club- $30

RP- $1000

Don't know where you get your information from but your way off with Gladdy as second favourite to sign Russell. You obviously have not been around very long because they parted on bad terms last time he played there. I think that is why Glady Boy has been saying that they would pick up Russell.

The club who is on a recuiting binge from what I have been told is CCC. Looking to pick up Russell, Telford and Macpherson.

Some interesting results from the weekend!!

Not many tipped the boys from CCC but they have wrapped up first innings points already! Will make for an interesting ladder if the forecast is correct and play is cancelled this saturday!

GP should do it easily eventhough 270odd is not huge RP dont have enough to get it done!

a very interesteing one unfolding at the old tip!! KGG only 130.....is it enough? Can BP get the 80odd required with only 6 wickets in hand?

PVC 280 if TL bat all day they should reel in that score.

Gladyboy;316379 said:
Forecast predicting 40 on Saturday I feel we may be on the cans earlier than usual this week.

Is there a temparature rule in place ?

I remember playing a couple times over 43/ 44 degrees..

StraightBat;315987 said:

Shep is a freak keeping up to Fackler and keats and no byes is there anything that man cant do

Cammers was in Qld didnt play sat either he got there about 4, even he must be wondering if he will become a slip fielder after watching that.

If it looks like being 40 the comp will call it off, other than that it is usually up to the fielding side I think if they deem it to hot and unsafe it gets called off.

Gladyboy;316465 said:
If it looks like being 40 the comp will call it off, other than that it is usually up to the fielding side I think if they deem it to hot and unsafe it gets called off.

Think you will find it is not just the NWCA but all comps if the temp hits 37.4 degrees-how this number came about not sure but pretty confident it is correct, all cricket is called off no questions asked. Result same as if a washout on second day i.e. CCC keep their 6 pts, all other sides 3 pts.

Umpires can check the weather by calling a weather hotline.

Not many tipped the boys from CCC but they have wrapped up first innings points already! Will make for an interesting ladder if the forecast is correct and play is cancelled this saturday!

GP should do it easily eventhough 270odd is not huge RP dont have enough to get it done!

a very interesteing one unfolding at the old tip!! KGG only 130.....is it enough? Can BP get the 80odd required with only 6 wickets in hand?

Gladyboy;316465 said:

what points are given if the comp call it off?
do CCC still get their 6?

I think it is usually up to both captains and if they cant agree then it is up to the umpires!

Gladyboy;316379 said:
Forecast predicting 40 on Saturday I feel we may be on the cans earlier than usual this week.

Is there a temparature rule in place ?

I remember playing a couple times over 43/ 44 degrees..

oldman65;316470 said:

I think it is usually up to both captains and if they cant agree then it is up to the umpires!

Sorry guys just read Javidmeandmum answers to all my silly questions

Lets be honest here lads although I started this topic it is just as likely to be 21 and showers as it is 40.

Although if it is going to be 40 and we are not going to play call it off Friday so I can go to the Murray

Gladyboy;316465 said:

Think you will find it is not just the NWCA but all comps if the temp hits 37.4 degrees-how this number came about not sure but pretty confident it is correct, all cricket is called off no questions asked. Result same as if a washout on second day i.e. CCC keep their 6 pts, all other sides 3 pts.

Umpires can check the weather by calling a weather hotline.

Second Slip;316442 said:

Watched CCC on Saturday and were very impressed with what i saw ,have watched them a couple of times and if they bring their A game then all sides will need to watch out for them as they can cause some damage.
If they can scrape into 4th spot which i hear thay can then who ever is on top better not take them too lightly.

Gladyboy;316465 said:

oldman65;316501 said:
Watched CCC on Saturday and were very impressed with what i saw ,have watched them a couple of times and if they bring their A game then all sides will need to watch out for them as they can cause some damage.
If they can scrape into 4th spot which i hear thay can then who ever is on top better not take them too lightly.

In saying that i also heard that CCC might be missing a few players next game as a couple of senior players have booked their holidays and were not expecting to be in the position they find themselves
Second slip can you confirm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back