North West Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association

oldman65;316470 said:
what points are given if the comp call it off?
do CCC still get their 6?

I think it is usually up to both captains and if they cant agree then it is up to the umpires!

Sorry guys just read Javidmeandmum answers to all my silly questions

oldman65;316503 said:
In saying that i also heard that CCC might be missing a few players next game as a couple of senior players have booked their holidays and were not expecting to be in the position they find themselves
Second slip can you confirm ?

We do have a couple of the senior players, some top order batsmen that arew going on holidays, but i can confirm that they will not be missing and days of cricket! They are going to be driving back for the game, which shows their commitment to the club and to making the finals. :)

Lets be honest here lads although I started this topic it is just as likely to be 21 and showers as it is 40.

Although if it is going to be 40 and we are not going to play call it off Friday so I can go to the Murray

Second Slip;316442 said:
Some interesting results from the weekend!!

Not many tipped the boys from CCC but they have wrapped up first innings points already! Will make for an interesting ladder if the forecast is correct and play is cancelled this saturday!

GP should do it easily eventhough 270odd is not huge RP dont have enough to get it done!

a very interesteing one unfolding at the old tip!! KGG only 130.....is it enough? Can BP get the 80odd required with only 6 wickets in hand?

PVC 280 if TL bat all day they should reel in that score.

Watched CCC on Saturday and were very impressed with what i saw ,have watched them a couple of times and if they bring their A game then all sides will need to watch out for them as they can cause some damage.
If they can scrape into 4th spot which i hear thay can then who ever is on top better not take them too lightly.

Was just havin a look at the taylors vs pacco scorecard and noticed that there was 68 over bowled between just and thomas not a very good sign coming into finals time if they have to bowl more then 3/4's of the overs.nuthing against them 2 blokes as they are 2 good players but just wondering wat will taylors do if these blokes dont get wickets

oldman65;316501 said:
Watched CCC on Saturday and were very impressed with what i saw ,have watched them a couple of times and if they bring their A game then all sides will need to watch out for them as they can cause some damage.
If they can scrape into 4th spot which i hear thay can then who ever is on top better not take them too lightly.

In saying that i also heard that CCC might be missing a few players next game as a couple of senior players have booked their holidays and were not expecting to be in the position they find themselves

Congrats to Gladdy park for there 1 day final win, and also to Paco for putting on such a good show. I have not watched a local cricket game and been so involved in a long time. That game had it ALL.

Well done Nwca on the 1 day final idea and to all the supporters who got there to make it such a great day!

oldman65;316503 said:

We do have a couple of the senior players, some top order batsmen that arew going on holidays, but i can confirm that they will not be missing and days of cricket! They are going to be driving back for the game, which shows their commitment to the club and to making the finals. :)

aussiefan;317106 said:
Was just havin a look at the taylors vs pacco scorecard and noticed that there was 68 over bowled between just and thomas not a very good sign coming into finals time if they have to bowl more then 3/4's of the overs.nuthing against them 2 blokes as they are 2 good players but just wondering wat will taylors do if these blokes dont get wickets

I hear what ya saying but i dont think taylors are to worried, b4 xmas against CCC, Thomas and A Lee bowled 3/4s of there innings and i made the same call!!.....End of the day they do have plenty of bowlers, Harrison took 4 wkts in a match not to long ago, the 2 younger Lee Bros can take wickets Markham hasnt bowled much as yet and they have Just and Thomas who always bowl plenty of overs in a match, and take there share of wickets!!
You might find that if they were looking for wickets and/or bowling in the 2nd innings S Lee would have a made a few more changes, 1st innings of a game if you keeping it tight and not leaking many runs its less you have to chase the following week, you'll find most captains will have similar views that keep the runs down in the 1st innings when ya bowl/field, unless you take early wickets!!

Choo Choo

The VLine;317641 said:
I hear what ya saying but i dont think taylors are to worried, b4 xmas against CCC, Thomas and A Lee bowled 3/4s of there innings and i made the same call!!.....End of the day they do have plenty of bowlers, Harrison took 4 wkts in a match not to long ago, the 2 younger Lee Bros can take wickets Markham hasnt bowled much as yet and they have Just and Thomas who always bowl plenty of overs in a match, and take there share of wickets!!
You might find that if they were looking for wickets and/or bowling in the 2nd innings S Lee would have a made a few more changes, 1st innings of a game if you keeping it tight and not leaking many runs its less you have to chase the following week, you'll find most captains will have similar views that keep the runs down in the 1st innings when ya bowl/field, unless you take early wickets!!

Choo Choo

yeh very true there vline.looks like the nwca will be playing with only 35 predicted this week.whose everyone tipping.

sydeham vs cambellfield(already over but could campbellfield get a outright)
pacco vs taylors (taylors will fall short by 20 runs)
kealba vs buckley (kealba to bowl them out for 100)
gladdy vs roxy (gladdy to pulvarise them with so many different bowling options)

aussiefan;317717 said:
yeh very true there vline.looks like the nwca will be playing with only 35 predicted this week.whose everyone tipping.

gladdy vs roxy (gladdy to pulvarise them with so many different bowling options)

CCC wont get outright and I think Taylors wil get the uns if they bat the overs. I otherwise agree with your predictions

Congrats to Gladdy park for there 1 day final win, and also to Paco for putting on such a good show. I have not watched a local cricket game and been so involved in a long time. That game had it ALL.

Well done Nwca on the 1 day final idea and to all the supporters who got there to make it such a great day!

Gladyboy;318009 said:
CCC wont get outright and I think Taylors wil get the uns if they bat the overs. I otherwise agree with your predictions

I am interested to know Gladdyboy, why dont you think CCC will get an outright?

I agree with you on Taylors!

aussiefan;317106 said:

Choo Choo

Second Slip;318089 said:

Outrights are very hard to get especially at the top levels wickets are never as easy to get second time around and the heat will have a fair impact if partnerships form. I wasnt having a crack at CCC's ability to bowl sides out (they bowled us out). I jsut cant see it

The VLine;317641 said:

Choo Choo

aussiefan;317717 said:

wat a win by the ccc,getting a outright in the top grade especially after where they have finsihed in previous seasons.great effort by any team to get a outright.
i was wrong about the taylors result but just shows good sides always rise to the challenge.looks like it was very close in the buckley-kealba game,chasing 130 is not as easy as it looks by the sounds of things.gladdy,well just another win for them again but thought they would of did it alittle bit easier.no dissrepect to roxy though as they are givving it a red hot go week in week out.

its guna be a interesting round next week

aussiefan;317717 said:

Going off mycricket... the sydenham team looked very different to what we have seen during the year, 3 debuts and an u16 player... very unexperienced side by the look of it!! It only had 3 noted bats- Hackney, Wilson and Lindsay who made 96 between them in 2 hits.

So to beat them outright isnt too much to hang your hat on by the look of it!!

Gladyboy;318009 said:

Second Slip;318089 said:

Outrights are very hard to get especially at the top levels wickets are never as easy to get second time around and the heat will have a fair impact if partnerships form. I wasnt having a crack at CCC's ability to bowl sides out (they bowled us out). I jsut cant see it

aussiefan;317717 said:

wat a win by the ccc,getting a outright in the top grade especially after where they have finsihed in previous seasons.great effort by any team to get a outright.
i was wrong about the taylors result but just shows good sides always rise to the challenge.looks like it was very close in the buckley-kealba game,chasing 130 is not as easy as it looks by the sounds of things.gladdy,well just another win for them again but thought they would of did it alittle bit easier.no dissrepect to roxy though as they are givving it a red hot go week in week out.

its guna be a interesting round next week

ask g delaney, he will give you a full description of how he was not out!
an unpire that keeps firing him when not out!!!!!!! on the verge of cheating!

Going off mycricket... the sydenham team looked very different to what we have seen during the year, 3 debuts and an u16 player... very unexperienced side by the look of it!! It only had 3 noted bats- Hackney, Wilson and Lindsay who made 96 between them in 2 hits.

So to beat them outright isnt too much to hang your hat on by the look of it!!

MB24;320175 said:

Umpire for his game was Ralph Millier

MB24;320175 said:

Its easy to blame the umpires when there were 9 other guys with bats that underperformed.. perhaps this may have also lead to the defeat ?

Perhaps more time in the nets and less blaming others may lead to future victories

MB24;320175 said:

gav is never out lets be honest. The guy can be cleaned bowled and he will blame the umpire . Umpires make mistakes all the time , part of cricket but for some reason it is cheating when it's with Gav. Stop crying ....as usual

At the moment you would say the finals will be:

Gladdy vs Kealba / Camp

and

Taylors vs paco

What are peoples predictions and what do you think will make the best finals series?

MB24;320175 said:

Umpire for his game was Ralph Millier

MB24;320175 said:

Its easy to blame the umpires when there were 9 other guys with bats that underperformed.. perhaps this may have also lead to the defeat ?

Perhaps more time in the nets and less blaming others may lead to future victories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back