Number Of Grips On The Bat.

TomBowler97

Hey Guys,
Yesterday while waiting to bat a fellow player picked up my bat and was surprised it only had one grip, while others perked in and said how they had 2. Just wondering what are the advantages of having two grips on your bat? I can only think of one really and that is when you miss time a shot on the toe end, it doesn't rattle your bottom hand.
Thanks, Tom.

I only use one grip but really I don't know why people use two grips, one possibility could be that 2 grips can help grip the bat more so when you do play a shot your bat doesn't turn around.

I only use one grip but really I don't know why people use two grips, one possibility could be that 2 grips can help grip the bat more so when you do play a shot your bat doesn't turn around.

I would imagine two grips would make it more likely to slip, wouldn't it?

I would imagine two grips would make it more likely to slip, wouldn't it?
I guess but really it depends on how big your hands are if you have big hands it doesn't really slip because you whole hands wrapped around it firmly but if you have small hands I wouldn't recommend it.

Some handles (CA bats spring to mind) feel like twigs in my hands and I do not have big hands at all. All of my bats have two grips on them as I find it stops me from clamping the bottom hand onto the handle and making sure the top hand is dominant.

Plus as stated above it can balance the bat out if it has a good chunk of the weight at the bottom.

It's probably purely psychological but it works for me.

Some handles (CA bats spring to mind) feel like twigs in my hands and I do not have big hands at all. All of my bats have two grips on them as I find it stops me from clamping the bottom hand onto the handle and making sure the top hand is dominant.

Plus as stated above it can balance the bat out if it has a good chunk of the weight at the bottom.

It's probably purely psychological but it works for me.
I have 11 (Eleven) grips on one of my bats. Just feels good in my hands. I have a bat with 19 (Nineteen) grips on as well but have never played with it. It looks wrong!!! but feels quite good....I might use it tomorrow in our Presidents v Chairman’s Club game.
To be honest both bats get weird looks when they come out of the bag. Years ago I used a bat with only 10 (Ten) grips on and some of the 15's that I coached used it and seemed to like it.
Obviously it’s quite a struggle getting all the grips on using just the standard wooded cone but with a bit of grunting/swearing and sore palms they eventually all get there.

I have 11 (Eleven) grips on one of my bats. Just feels good in my hands. I have a bat with 19 (Nineteen) grips on as well but have never played with it. It looks wrong!!! but feels quite good....I might use it tomorrow in our Presidents v Chairman’s Club game.
To be honest both bats get weird looks when they come out of the bag. Years ago I used a bat with only 10 (Ten) grips on and some of the 15's that I coached used it and seemed to like it.
Obviously it’s quite a struggle getting all the grips on using just the standard wooded cone but with a bit of grunting/swearing and sore palms they eventually all get there.
Lol you probably have big hands

Two or three, plus I re-strung my handle with much thicker string. Makes the handle much easier to grip and I've found that if you slightly mishit one, the bat is less likely to spin in your hands.

u r nuts lol

Back