Oz/Kiwi Sport

It is a joke that you dont even get live stream of domestic cricket when NZ club grade is streamed Mal. Heck the most basic is a movie camera on a tripod. How difficult is that to provide for internet viewers. Mate did I not see some footage of Plunket Shield on BlackCaps website.

Sorry mate my mistake, can get live streams on the Blackcaps site... was basically thinking about Sky Sport, they've never had live Plunket Shield matches.

There is a A match v Windies today. Will you get that live streamed. I'd like to see that too.
Took a look at some footage of Young's Plunket ton. Mate he was in white clothes with a red ball but looked to me to be playing white ball cricket shots.. audacious reverse sweeps off the spinners to slaps and tickles off the quicks.

Last edited:
Didn't get a chance to see the cricket yesterday - good to hear we got a great start though... because it's only a 3 day game had to declare at just over 300 for 3 to try and push for the win, we got an early wicket to have them 17 for 1.
Good hundred by Wgtn batsman Ravindra.

Yeah, that's the problem with red ball highlights they tend to show a lot of very expansive shots... don't like shots like reverse sweep played in red ball cricket, much better to play the higher percentage strokes.

C11..jpg
NZ A v West Indies - scoreboard :

Mal 300 for 3 is a productive first day. Well done your boy Ravindra. Mate if you watch game today any chance of linking the stream so I can watch it. I will now see if any hilites on BC website.

Mal does your NZ grass roots cricket system include underage red ball? I believe the earlier a boy learns the basics of red ball cricket the better. To my knowledge only two of our six states, Tasmania and Western Australia, incorporate a red ball component in Premier Cricket (club grade level) comp. with both an Under 15 and Under 17 comp.. WA even has an U13 and U14 comp. For the other four states a youngster wanting to play and learn red ball cricket has to do it via the various PC grade levels. This I find can be a hard introduction for a young cricketer because, as there is no age limit at grade level, he may find himself out of his depth having to play against seasoned adult cricketers. Whereas a Tassie or WAussie boy is playing against boys his own age.

C1..jpg
1st 20/20
NZ v West Indies
Fri 27th Nov
{Auckland} - 7pm {NZ time}

Not my favourite form of the game, but at least it's some live cricket to watch... going to have a look at this 20/20 Richie ? should start about 5pm Sydney time.

Spark Sport have got the coverage of the NZ/WI 20/20's Richie - but Sky Sport have the Aussie/India ODI's... really looking forward to both matches.

Do you now have your Spark subscription. Is it they that will cover the Tests. White ball does not do a lot for me these days tho I will watch the T20 stuff purely for its entertainment value.. and the fact it is all over in three hours. ODI are too long.. cut them to 40 overs I say.

Got my Spark subscription last night Richie... yeah, they have the test cricket, which was the only reason why I got their subscription.
Mate, what I'd do is get rid of 20/20 & just have 35 over white ball matches only.

Now we can both watch the pure stuff Mal. Sounds like a good compromise a 35 over game..
Another A warm up today. Windies having a ball.. Brathwaite with a double ton.

Poor weather At Eden Park mate may reduce the overs.
Aussies just put on a master smashathon against the Indians at SCG.

Now we can both watch the pure stuff Mal. Sounds like a good compromise a 35 over game..
Another A warm up today. Windies having a ball.. Brathwaite with a double ton.
Yeah, will be much better when we play the real stuff Richie... thought 35 overS would give us that middle ground, 15 overs more than a 20/20 & 15 over less than an ODI.
Totally agree mate an ODI is too long, that shows out by batsmen just working a lot of singles.

Poor weather At Eden Park mate may reduce the overs.
Aussies just put on a master smashathon against the Indians at SCG.
The weather was very frustrating mate - the players had to come off 3 times reducing the overs to 16... our bowling was rubbish at the start on a quick bouncy wicket, W.I. were 50 odd after 3 overs, looked like they were going to get a huge score, Ferguson was the match winner for us though, they couldn't cope with his extreme pace & he was very accurate too taking 5 for 21... amazingly he was averaging close to 150 for his 4 overs.

Back