Oz/Kiwi Sport

Yeah, poorly played by Bravo - Southee & Boult are a great combo for us especially when it swings... if that doesn't work we have the bounce of Jamieson & Wagner, would've like to have seen Ferguson selected in the squad too.

Some brilliant late swing bowling by Jamieson getting two wickets in an over mate & he could have easily got another one as well... for a bloke that's 6'8'' he's very athletic in field too.

Mate, it's brilliant watching a test match on tv when there's a good crowd sitting on the grass banks, it's like a picnic atmosphere... definitely better than watching cricket in a concrete jungle like the Sky Stadium.

I missed both wickets. Will catch on replay. Yeh with their elevation both Jamieson and Green will get wickets others wont. I figure Green will have most of his wickets by hitting the seam unlike Jamieson by swinging it.

Mate, it's brilliant watching a test match on tv when there's a good crowd sitting on the grass banks, it's like a picnic atmosphere
Yep. Remember the days watching cricket from the SCG hill. The Adelaide Oval hill also had great atmosphere. None left these days as all filled in with concrete.

The bloke batting for the Windies at moment looks more Caucasian than African or Indian Pete. Has the name of Da Silva.. Spanish?

The Caucasian blokes name Da Silva sounds more like Sri Lankan or Indian mate.

Yeah, they're in big trouble again, a bit similar to the first test.

Yeah, only play 2 tests against them... & only 2 tests against Pakistan as well - hopeless, can't really call them series.

No way mate. Your cricket bosses need to be lobbying the ICC for more matches. In fact more Test matches need to be permitted period. Wont happen as other than Oz, India and England little revenue comes from Test cricket. Pakis next eh. They are a unpredictable lot. Hopefully we will see more competitive matches than the last two.

In further spirit lifting news for your Land of the Long White Cloud Pete, the Black Caps now find themselves level with Australia on 116 points in first place on the ICC world Test standings, the first time in their history they have achieved that ranking. Your blokes are also now third ahead of England in the Test Championship rankings Pete. Well done mate.

Thanks Craig :thumbsu: - I suppose we can't go too much by the test rankings though as the positions tend to change every few weeks... world test championship points are pretty crucial though if you want to try & make the final.

True, it's always going to be about the traditional top 3 test wise... that doesn't grow the game much though with them playing more tests than the others, especially small countries like us.

Thanks Craig :thumbsu: - I suppose we can't go too much by the test rankings though as the positions tend to change every few weeks... world test championship points are pretty crucial though if you want to try & make the final.

True, it's always going to be about the traditional top 3 test wise... that doesn't grow the game much though with them playing more tests than the others, especially small countries like us.
Totally agree mate. Blame Packer for commercializing white ball cricket.

Hi guys,
I am currently leading an investigation about cricket fans digital usages. I was wondering if you can take 5mn of your time to fill this anonymous questionnaire: Cricket Fan Survey
This study will be used to to make recommendations to international and local cricket organisations and we wanted to make sure it is based on real cricket fans insights.
Thanks a lot for your help,
Greatly appreciated.

Played Pakistan in the 1st 20/20 a couple of days ago Craig... we had a lot of new blokes playing in the team, at one stage we had them 5 for 50 after 10 overs, but unfortunately our mob took the foot off the throat, they scored more than 100 runs in the last 10 overs, but we managed to win with only an over to spare.

Back