Oz/Kiwi Sport

What the>>> lost a post.

Morning Pete. Only one word for that Pommie decision after Kane's sporting declaration.. gutless. Turned what may have been an exciting run chase into a boring draw for the punters. A poor advertisement for the pure game mate.

Morning Craig - your team would've definitely had a crack in the same situation... just shows you the difference between Australasian & British attacking mindset, not just in cricket but in all the other sports too.

That's strange you lost a post mate.

Last edited:
You can lay bets my Baggy Greens and your BCs 've had a big crack mate.
Perhaps Joe was guided by his brittle top six.. mainly the four we spoke about. They really need a seasoned pro in that middle order to help out the skipper when going gets tuff. I do see only one of that quartet with the temperament for Tests.. Dom Sibley.. not pretty to watch but is effective in blunting an attack.

Last edited:
:thumbsu:

Even though they lack that bit of experience in the middle order they still should've had a go - if they had lost a few early wickets then they could've batted for the draw... yeah, Sibley is a pretty dogged batsman.

Last edited:
:thumbsu:

Even though they lack that bit of experience in the middle order they still should've had a go - if they had lost a few early wickets then they could've batted for the draw... yeah, Sibley is a pretty dogged batsman.
:thumbsu: totally agree Pete. Win your nation a test match goes a long way to cementing your place.. is what their coach needed to tell the batting order. Not shut up shop when there is a game to be won.
Boy those five days went fast mate. Next match on Friday?

:thumbsu: totally agree Pete. Win your nation a test match goes a long way to cementing your place.. is what their coach needed to tell the batting order. Not shut up shop when there is a game to be won.
Boy those five days went fast mate. Next match on Friday?
Precisely Craig - you're going to be a better player if you consistently play in a positive manner... yeah, the Test went pretty quickly, losing a day through rain wasn't great.
Mate, 2nd Test is on Thursday, Edgbaston, starts at the same time again, 8pm {AusT}

Craig - Sounds like Stead has changed his mind concerning Boult in the 2nd Test... going by that article he wants to play him because we drew the 1st Test, what absolute nonsense, these tests are basically preparation for the big final, the reality is Boult always needed to at least play in one of these Tests to get the match play & flow in his bowling going into the final.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...st-as-coach-gary-stead-reveals-change-of-plan

Course Boult needed to play Pete.. a no brainer given he has a better record in Pom conditions than Southee. Who goes tho.. Santner for mine.. a dead loss with bat and ball last match. BCs are red hot favorites now with Trent playing mate.

Odd that coming from Vaughan.
Like I have already said. This is over the top wokeness influenceded by the radical left. Wake up people.

Pete this WP post of mine was banned for being off topic. No way was it is off topic.. it is left wokeism culture pure and simple by WP.

Where is my cricket buddy Pete.
Need you back for second test tonite mate for a yack.
Williamson out with an elbow injury. Who will skipper?

Last edited:
I'll keep the thread going in your absence Pete.

Stead has picked a virtual second string BCs.

Last edited:
Well Pete the WTC is underway after the first day washout, with things about even.. BCs did dish up some rubbish mixed with good accurate swing. Value you comments mate. Please post.

Back