Oz/Kiwi Sport

Pete your Wellington boy tons up in his debut Test and at Lords. Kinda good day for Conway eh. Thanks for h/lite reel mate. He is suss against the shortie as I have said.. but an excellent driver in the V and fluent off his pads. I reckon NZ cricket has found a long term opening pair.

Last edited:
Yeah, he did brilliantly on the first day Craig, hope he can continue & go on & make a really big one - he hasn't really got a weakness, has all the shots, accept against the short pitched stuff as you say, like a lot of other Test batsmen he ducks down & then takes his eyes off the ball at the last second... the best technique against leaving short pitched bowling is to stand tall, keep your eyes on the ball all the way through, then sway out the way of the line of the ball.
I'm sure the Poms will fire a lot of short stuff at him first thing on day two, Conway is a smart batsman though, I'm sure he would've worked on his technique for those type of deliveries.

At 29 Conway has maturity so sure he'll work on a way he finds works for him for the short stuff. Did not mention that he also looks to have a good temperament. He'll be eyeing a double now such will be his confidence.

Pete is odd this allegation has been resurrected so long after it was first said. Some scribe out for glory I expect. What exactly did Ollie Robinson say.

Last edited:
Mate, thanks anyway, but it keeps redirecting to other pages so won't worry about as I can watch it on Spark Sport.

At 29 Conway has maturity so sure he'll work on a way he finds works for him for the short stuff. Did not mention that he also looks to have a good temperament. He'll be eyeing a double now such will be his confidence.

Pete is odd this allegation has been resurrected so long after it was first said. Some scribe out for glory I expect. What exactly did Ollie Robinson say.
Yeah, as an older player he's going to have better composure than a young fella that just starting his Test career - whether Conway stands tall or ducks down when it comes to bouncers the key is to keep his eyes on the ball all the way through.

Robinson is only playing in his first test yet he said he had a plan to get Williamson out which is - swinging it away from him, pulling him across the crease, then using the nip-back to get him LBW, absolute tool, that's a basic tactic to try & get any batsman out... also he recently had to apologize for sexist & racist tweet he did a few years back, what a clown !

the key is to keep his eyes on the ball all the way
Yes mate unless like what happened to Pucovski being hit flush on the scone even tho he watched the ball all the way. His prob was the ball did not rise as he expected. That put him out of the game for months.

Tame is how I describe those tweets Robinson made. Been blown out of proportion because of the woke nature of some people of influence we see today. Prime example is the Black Lives Matter movement that dominated airwaves more than the pandemic did in America.

Yes mate unless like what happened to Pucovski being hit flush on the scone even tho he watched the ball all the way. His prob was the ball did not rise as he expected. That put him out of the game for months.

Tame is how I describe those tweets Robinson made. Been blown out of proportion because of the woke nature of some people of influence we see today. Prime example is the Black Lives Matter movement that dominated airwaves more than the pandemic did in America.
Thought Pucovski played a shot at a well directed bouncer though which is always pretty risky, I'm talking more about leaving a bouncer that's well directed at a batsman.

Not really worried about those tweeks... more about the stupid comments Robinson makes in general.

Thought Pucovski played a shot at a well directed bouncer though which is always pretty risky, I'm talking more about leaving a bouncer that's well directed at a batsman.

Not really worried about those tweeks... more about the stupid comments Robinson makes in general.
Not one I am talking about. I can see it now. Pucovski ducked and the ball did not get up and copped him fair on the scone. At no time did he take his eyes off the ball. So he did everything correctly to avoid being hit. Just that it was a flat deck.
I missed the dismissal Pete?

Conway standing tall with carnage all round him Pete with BCs eyeing off 400/50 if the tail can stay with Conway. Deck is a real batting belter now. Very un Anderson conditions.. similar to Oz where he has an ordinary record.

We've given a good advantage away, to be fair though batting wasn't that easy this morning, Conway is in great touch but he even struggled in the first session... Jamieson has looked solid, need him & Conway to put a good partnership together to get near 400.

Not one I am talking about. I can see it now. Pucovski ducked and the ball did not get up and copped him fair on the scone. At no time did he take his eyes off the ball. So he did everything correctly to avoid being hit. Just that it was a flat deck.
I missed the dismissal Pete?
Yeah, he was pretty unfortunate... don't favour ducking down though, if you're standing tall you're in a better position to play the ball if it keeps low or sway out the way if it's head height.

Last edited:
Yeah, he was pretty unfortunate... don't favour ducking down though, if you're standing tall you're in a better position to play the ball if it keeps low or sway out the was if it's head height.
Dont favor ducking either but plenty do. I think past concussions have spooked Puck somewhat.

Mate, maybe if he changed his technique against the short ball he might have more confidence facing those deliveries.

Mate, maybe if he changed his technique against the short ball he might have more confidence facing those deliveries.
He has had plenty of time to work on safety measures to avoid further concussions. Is now up to him.

Conway with a debut made in Heaven Pete. He now has the BCs in the prime position. Just as well as other than he and Nichols their batting scorecard makes for pretty bad reading.
Overated Sibley and Crawley once again missing out on a track they shud have fired on. If they cant get runs on a belter like this they wont get them at the Gabba or Perth. Broad went wicketless conceding 79. The Poms two best bats have at least kept them in the hunt. Root is once again the danger man.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's up to each individual Craig to put in the hard yakka if they want to improve.

After such a great start we've stuffed up a bloody good advantage, we were 280 odd for 3... aggravated me that other than Conway & Nicholls the others haven't contributed with the bat much at all, we also had them 18-2 & took the foot off the throat, now we are in one of those situations where we need very early wickets in the first session to put good pressure back on them.

Last edited:
Yes those two early wickets musta put the shivers into the Pom dressing room. But as you say BCs took foot off throat with too many freebies. They need Root early.

Last edited:
Back