Phil Crea - a lifetime in cricket

Re: North A and B 09/10

freehit;396898 said:
Your sources seem to differ from mine. Crea sacked by the club, and under justified circumstances.

The Full reason from what i hear is that crea was sacked for the reason that he didnt want the club to move up a grade, guys not good enough werribee did the right thing, they got rid of a person who had a negative mindset, big deal if they go up a grade and then get sent back to North A, atleast they tried. Good luck to footscray if they end up with phil and his son, one might do something but the other just might ruin the club, no use for specifics as to whom will ruin the club either.

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

bozo;396755 said:
St marys will become one of the most hated sides in the MMVCA if they appoint Phil Crea as coach, the bloke is uncontrolable,

Bozo, you seem as though your not a big fan of Phil's. I have played against Phil and have had a beer after the game with him. Off the ground a pretty good guy who has a great knowledge of the game. Unfortunately for Phil the way he conducts himself through the game means not too many want to have a beer with him after it's done. Is he right for St marys, probably not but he has taken his previous side to two grand finals. Regardles of the talent in the side they still need to be lead in the right way during the week away from Saturdays,so obviously he must prepare them quite well. Only time will tell, if he should end up there at least I know what to expect.

Guru14;396922 said:
Bozo, you seem as though your not a big fan of Phil's. I have played against Phil and have had a beer after the game with him. Off the ground a pretty good guy who has a great knowledge of the game. Unfortunately for Phil the way he conducts himself through the game means not too many want to have a beer with him after it's done. Is he right for St marys, probably not but he has taken his previous side to two grand finals. Regardles of the talent in the side they still need to be lead in the right way during the week away from Saturdays,so obviously he must prepare them quite well. Only time will tell, if he should end up there at least I know what to expect.

So guru is Phil setting the right example for his club, etc juniors

bozo;396949 said:
So guru is Phil setting the right example for his club, etc juniors

Why the hate buddy??

The guy hasnt even got the job at St Marys ( as far as i know ),
yet you say we would be making a big mistake.

Just curious as to why??

mmvca;396960 said:
Why the hate buddy??

The guy hasnt even got the job at St Marys ( as far as i know ),
yet you say we would be making a big mistake.

Just curious as to why??

Nothing to be curious about, in my honest opinion ( and i know there like arseholes, and it aint always right) ask the question why was he sacked from Werribee Centrals

bozo;396965 said:
Nothing to be curious about, in my honest opinion ( and i know there like arseholes, and it aint always right) ask the question why was he sacked from Werribee Centrals

Im asking why you are hating on him so much?

Every post you have made on bigcricket is in reference to Phil.

TBH its none of my business why he is not at Werribee anymore.

bozo;396965 said:

due to in house fighting with the vice president.....also some of the stuff that goes on here didnt help his cause.......having his own thread was a classic!!!!

hope it helps

weapons05/06;397005 said:
due to in house fighting with the vice president.....also some of the stuff that goes on here didnt help his cause.......having his own thread was a classic!!!!

hope it helps

Haha I think u find that it was with the president and all the St marys Boys should read that thread and see how well liked he is

mmvca;396969 said:
Im asking why you are hating on him so much?

Every post you have made on bigcricket is in reference to Phil.

TBH its none of my business why he is not at Werribee anymore.

If you're from St.Mary's and you were looking at appointing a new coach, i would've thought it WAS pretty important to look at his recent history at past clubs? Whether it be Phil or Joe Blow!

CheeQuee;397060 said:
If you're from St.Mary's and you were looking at appointing a new coach, i would've thought it WAS pretty important to look at his recent history at past clubs? Whether it be Phil or Joe Blow!

As you can tell by my name here i'm not from St Mary's ...However it should be pointed out that any club that appoints a coach simply to be popular with the playing group is heading down the wrong path...Young cricketers need direction and disipline, not another mate. I'm not here to say that Phil is the right or wrong choice for any club that is totally a clubs choice, what i can say from reading this thread is that although not popular Phil does deliver results for the club he represents!!

roosters hack;397081 said:
As you can tell by my name here i'm not from St Mary's ...However it should be pointed out that any club that appoints a coach simply to be popular with the playing group is heading down the wrong path...Young cricketers need direction and disipline, not another mate. I'm not here to say that Phil is the right or wrong choice for any club that is totally a clubs choice, what i can say from reading this thread is that although not popular Phil does deliver results for the club he represents!!

I don't disagree with what you're saying.
I was simply arguing the point that this guy was implying that his club would hire a coach (whoever it may be) and that what happened at his past club was 'none of his business'. This is not anti-Phil, i have nothing against him and have no reason to say anything negative about him.

If i was on the committee of a club looking for a coach, i would think it's the committee's duty at the very least to check out how things went at the previous club if you were going to appoint someone to the role. It's like hiring someone at a workplace without checking out their previous place of employment?

Re: Phil Crea - a lifetime in cricket

CLUB: Werribee Centrals Cricket Club

Position Sought: Senior Playing Coach

Association: VTCA, WDCA, WSUCCA, WRJCA(JUNIOR CRICKET)

Number of Senior Teams: 2 X Mens Turf Northern Division VTCA
1 x Senior Mens WDCA B2 Turf
3 x Senior Mens WSUCCA B Matting, C Matting, D Matting

Number of Junior Teams & Grades: 10 junior teams WRJCA plus In2 Cricket Program

Accreditation Required: Level 1-2 preferred

Key Selection Criteria:
Bring an enthusiastic attitude to a group of players willing to train hard
Have excellent Management and Leadership skills
Ability to organise and commit to all Training sessions and Games
Ability to develop youth
Ability to sustain positive club culture and achieve success on and off field
Attend all Club Functions
Be able to Communicate with a willing Committee and highly motivated players
Be capable of performing in the Senior Mens First XI in Northern Divison

Other Information:
Position is for Coach of Senior Cricket Club only
Contract and Remuneration Negotiable
Applications handled in a confidential manner

Club Competing to be best side in Western Suburbs
Proud Club with successful recent history
4 sides out of 6 made Grand Final Last Year including both First & Second XI
Newly Renovated Clubrooms capable of hosting functions of 200 people
4 Net Facilities available, bowling machine and excellent oval including a 4 pitch table

Key Contacts: Applicants email details, brief playing, coaching credentials and any further required information to President Ashley Clarke at lowcost@convey.com.au

Club website: MyCricket: Werribee Centrals

Back