Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Inteterested to know if the delays in getting some of the new surfaces down will affect many clubs. We were told ours won't go down for another fortnight. Perhaps if the council wasn't 3 weeks late in putting the new pitch in, it might have been done quicker though.

Now the season is a couple of days away, the three shields have their own threads, so let's try to redirect all traffic to those threads.

Cheers

Inteterested to know if the delays in getting some of the new surfaces down will affect many clubs. We were told ours won't go down for another fortnight. Perhaps if the council wasn't 3 weeks late in putting the new pitch in, it might have been done quicker though.

Whittlesea cc and Lalor Stars cc still don't have the new surfaces layed down with three days to go before ball one.

I'm more surprised Brutal that your surprised by the council being 3 weeks late !!!!....... I thought that was the norm for them.
But seriously, how many grounds are getting or have already got the new surfaces since the end of last season?
As surely that will have an impact on some sides performances you would think.

So you nominate to put
All I can say to that is that we nominated for certain grades like every other club I presume.
You can trust me when I say that we are not getting any special treatment guys.
We have asked for zero favours, and have no intention of doing so.
We are just trying to undo a heap of damage that has been done over the last few years, and hopefully in the process, prove that we can and will be relevant to the competition moving forward.
So you nominated both your DVCA sides to play 80 over cricket an increase of one grade from C to Mash and two grades from F to the new E even though both sides were uncompetitive in their respective grades last season. Am interested how your club is going to make it work, especially after hearing stories of meetings held by last seasons players to break away from Plenty Valley bats due to various reasons, the stepping up of grades being a big one.??

If that astounds you, it does more than that for me. Our F Grade has been a finalist two of the last 3 years, making the semi last year as well but they've just leapt over us. If they field the same team as they did last year, they'll be flogged each week even more than they were in F grade. That can't be any good for them, even more so than having a huge gap between 2's and 3's is for us.
Totally astounding Blackhawk how sides can be plucked out and promoted for doing nothing.
Seems Panton Hill seconds jumped your lot as well after finishing 9th last season.
Maybe your side should have finished about 10th ??

I'm more surprised Brutal that your surprised by the council being 3 weeks late !!!!....... I thought that was the norm for them.
But seriously, how many grounds are getting or have already got the new surfaces since the end of last season?
As surely that will have an impact on some sides performances you would think.
Plenty Park has a new pitch as well as the new grass as well.

We have trained on it a few times so far and is playing beautifully. Have no doubt score will increase again

Where has the NEW rumour come from? Would think he's far more likely to come to Rivergum where he played T20s than NEW
to come to rivergum or to go to rivergum? I heard Lower Eltham were into him big time. Also heard he may not play again after the comp pres watched him pitching balls into blokes heads in the T20 final.

Back