Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Yeah, the wheels have fallen off, blah , blah, blah...........
For all the things done right at Research ( functions, pre season etc - which by the way I'm impressed), its a shame that it doesn't translate onto the cricket field with your mob. Anything short of a Money Shield flag this year would be embarassing
The same shit is peddled from this bloke every year, their club is a basket-case.

Ignore him.

Heard really solid reports from all involved @ Diamond Creek, which is of no surprise.

I'm sure Tommy Mac could still do some damage at 60+:thumbsu:. Good to see there's no Premiership hangover at Serges mob. An outstanding 4 at preseason training last night. Indoor cricket manager reckons their attendances have been worst in the the Valley. On the other hand we had 50 players attend a pre season meeting where every player was presented with their player mission statement booklet. Sep 17 is our season launch with 150 confirmed attending.
150, lol.

And yet you're in Money Shield. And likely to remain there for some time.

Thanks for your interest Blackhawk. Put simply, it's a booklet designed following information from a meeting of all stakeholders that details what inputs are expected to get the desired outcomes. Hilarity aside, the club has been a wasted opportunity for a long period of time and belatedly we've decided to take the opportunity of relegation to restructure the cricket ops side of things and get buy in to create something that hopefully brings results, not only on field but off field as well. Alot more professionalism all round, and so far it seems to be paying dividends. Pre season training has been consistently attended by around 30 each session, we have an enthusiastic and progressive thinking coaching panel, at time of writing, 188 people confirmed to be attending our season launch on Sep 17. I'll accept the barbs and wisecracks, as they're thoroughly deserved on past efforts, but culture change is being implemented and hopefully it transfers into results and a better place to be. Let's not forget the new facility which will make it more social friendly as well.
188 Facebook 'accepted' invites means ******** all, Brutal.

Just FYI.

I'm hearing numbers at HCC trainings are at around 40. Much more then what Adam Dale had to work with in his first season as coach there. So one would say the boys are responding okay to the Whitcher signing.
Heard good things, too. Quality operator at the helm, backed by people who know what they're doing.

All helps. Reckon they're in for a big season.

What fixtures ???
I've heard that this season is to be more like "self-serve".....you choose who you want to play when and where.
Will probably work better than whats being offered at present.........which is NOTHING !!!....unbelievable!

So, is there any update on when the fixtures will be done?

Playing dates are out. A Grade back playing on 6th of January. Ridiculous!

That's about right, the first game back is always the Saturday after my birthday, normally there's a couple of extra days though, the dates have not been kind this year. Training on January 2nd should be fun...not.

And no updates since? 9 days later
There are issues with ground availabilities. Some grounds are going to be out of action due lack of prep by councils, thus it is proving extremely difficult for fixturing. Top dressing has to be done on a lot of the grounds and the councils seem to be dragging their heels as per normal. Research was supposed to be done last week, but not as yet. No football has been on it for 4 weeks, so no idea why the delay. I suspect this is what happens when you have people in charge that aren't clued into the requirements of sporting clubs.

There are issues with ground availabilities. Some grounds are going to be out of action due lack of prep by councils, thus it is proving extremely difficult for fixturing. Top dressing has to be done on a lot of the grounds and the councils seem to be dragging their heels as per normal. Research was supposed to be done last week, but not as yet. No football has been on it for 4 weeks, so no idea why the delay. I suspect this is what happens when you have people in charge that aren't clued into the requirements of sporting clubs.

I'm sure councils will find plenty of time to top-dress grounds in mid-October.

Local councils are probably too busy banning Australia Day celebrations and campaigning for same sex marriage to worry about actually servicing their constituents, the rate payers.

Back