Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Just curious about why there's so many complaints about when the fixture comes out? Will it make a difference to people's pre season training if the fixture is out in August as opposed to September? I couldn't tell you what team I'm playing game to game until about half way through day 1 usually. Maybe it's just something to whinge about, I dunno.

Just curious about why there's so many complaints about when the fixture comes out? Will it make a difference to people's pre season training if the fixture is out in August as opposed to September? I couldn't tell you what team I'm playing game to game until about half way through day 1 usually. Maybe it's just something to whinge about, I dunno.

I don't think it would/should matter one way or another as a player, you play where you play, but a lot of clubs base their social calendars around who they are playing at home and when. I'd imagine having your ones at home for something like a President's lunch or Life Members day would be ideal, which would mean that unless you plan on having those days in late December or after Xmas, you'd want to know the fixture ASAP.

I don't think it would/should matter one way or another as a player, you play where you play, but a lot of clubs base their social calendars around who they are playing at home and when. I'd imagine having your ones at home for something like a President's lunch or Life Members day would be ideal, which would mean that unless you plan on having those days in late December or after Xmas, you'd want to know the fixture ASAP.

Yeh that's not a bad point. I guess from my point of view we only do a couple of events during game day; sponsors day and ladies day and the girls don't care who's playing at home with sponsors day usually being in January. Although this year I assume we will be doing something for our 50th anniversary.

Thanks for your interest Blackhawk. Put simply, it's a booklet designed following information from a meeting of all stakeholders that details what inputs are expected to get the desired outcomes. Hilarity aside, the club has been a wasted opportunity for a long period of time and belatedly we've decided to take the opportunity of relegation to restructure the cricket ops side of things and get buy in to create something that hopefully brings results, not only on field but off field as well. Alot more professionalism all round, and so far it seems to be paying dividends. Pre season training has been consistently attended by around 30 each session, we have an enthusiastic and progressive thinking coaching panel, at time of writing, 188 people confirmed to be attending our season launch on Sep 17. I'll accept the barbs and wisecracks, as they're thoroughly deserved on past efforts, but culture change is being implemented and hopefully it transfers into results and a better place to be. Let's not forget the new facility which will make it more social friendly as well.

Hardly 188 people.
IMG_0850.JPG

Sorry mate, I didn't know we had to get them all in one shot for you. Next time I'll order the panoramic shot for ya. For the record the official figure for the day which ran from 11.30 - 5pm was 175 people attended and paid $15 per head or $30 per family. Good day selling snags at Bunnings yesterday as well with $2100 profit. And a good hit out against Warrandyte up at Research Park as well.

Sorry mate, I didn't know we had to get them all in one shot for you. Next time I'll order the panoramic shot for ya. For the record the official figure for the day which ran from 11.30 - 5pm was 175 people attended and paid $15 per head or $30 per family. Good day selling snags at Bunnings yesterday as well with $2100 profit. And a good hit out against Warrandyte up at Research Park as well.
21753339_354445508342526_4349633529339504697_o.jpg

Said panoramic shot.
Well done on a good day but please stop peddling fake news.

What's up with the player clearances list? Several people listed as their destination 'Sagarmartha Cricket Club'...so are we travelling to NSW for cricket now?

Head to the Money Shield thread, cheers.

21753339_354445508342526_4349633529339504697_o.jpg

Said panoramic shot.
Well done on a good day but please stop peddling fake news.
Congratulations you found the photo of all those who pre ordered their new club gear:thumbsu: If you really must, there's about 348 photos in all which if your really keen and wish to count, should identify all those that attended. Surely you have a more interesting life than that though!! Perhaps Tongs can help you out.

Last edited:
Back