Ponting With A Century. Has That Saved His Captaincy?

Strewth! Is it that bad over there?

lol I think he's exaggerating just a touch, the only football code it's really up against all summer is the A-League, a moderately supported and poor quality soccer comp. Ashes series when in England is a bit different, has to compete with Australian Rules which is absolutely huge in the southern states and the Rugby codes up north.

The team has struggled and gone through transition before (80s?) and will get good again, it's just been a while.

Strewth! Is it that bad over there?

Probably not as bad as i make it sound but it is not so good for cricket at the moment.
The news paper coverage this summer was easily distracted by anything football. We play our football (soccer) during the summer here and though not the most popular of sports it is gaining ground and is a distraction from cricket. Off season headlines over player behaviour are regular in the other rugby codes and aussie rules so the competition for space is strong.

With Warne not now performing for the press all summer we don't rate well as we are playing crap cricket. The crowds and ratings were down for all forms of cricket this summer even the 3rd and 4th day ashes crowds were plain. Cricket just does not have anything going for it at the moment, no stars or great victories and the whole Indian power trip is souring the waters a bit.
I certainly was left amazed at how weak the ACB was when we had the whole racist taunts carry on last time India toured Australia and for me it has been a slow slide down from there for our team. Discipline was lost and team spirit seemed to drop with a series of small things that show weakness. It will be a long road back to the top for us, but i could be wrong.

Out for eight today. Has looked better since he gave up the captaincy but not looking like a world beater at the moment.

Back