Possible breakup of Senior A into North & South divisions

Guru14

7/564;340333 said:
i'm pretty sure Senior A will go this year so not 100% sure how the make up will be next year as in NORTH A B maybe a C for 1st 11.

If it does stay its looking very likely that bottom 4 teams from North A will go to North B, so thats us.

7 fa my information is that it's gone! If that's the case it leaves 25 north sides which on the surface doesn't work. If one side was to leave which seems to be on the grapevine again that would leave a perfect 24 which would leave North A & B again. Doesn't help moonee Valley and Werribee Centrals because that would leave them in North B going on that. Or maybe we get to 30 and as you say it becomes North A,B & C which leaves 10 in each. While not ideal it can work. Any chance of giving us an idea of who is in the mix to end up at Overland:D

Re: North A & B

Any news on what VTCA will look like next year.

SEN A by the sounds of it may be disbanded.

If that's so where will the NTH A premiers Keilor Park go next year.

Will the structure be SEN DIV, NTH A, NTH B and maybe NTH C?

Local footy starts in couple of weeks but some NTH clubs are already strating their recruiment drive. Heard St Albans are close to signing a big name or two. Anyone know anything about that.

Congrats to Keilor Park, deserving premiers after beating 2 inform teams in NTH A. Both Gr$$nvalE$ and Avondale steam rolled their opposition in RND 10 & 11. ANd KP knocked 'em both off. Avondale would be spewing having to bat first after 3 rain effectd days, which meant pitch was under covers on Thurday, friday, all day on sat day of the Granny and only 63 overs possible on day2 when avondale batted. That ruined what i would have thoought could've been a very close granny.

But you can't blame the conditions 2/200 in 50-60 overs+ to Avondales'-163 allout in 90+overs is a smashong win by KP. It's still a shame day 1 was wahed out and play was called off only an hour into the final day, becuase not in enough time to force an outright. Well done to KP and Commiserations to Avondale. this was their 4th finals appearance in the last 5 seasons and secong Granny loss. The only time they missed the finals in the last 5 years was when they were on top for most of the year but slipped badly to finish 5/6th. With the likes of sununited,Gr$$nval$,Tulla,Cashed up St albans, Albion + other competitve clubs in NTH A Avondale i am afraid may have missed their window of opportunity.

If SEN A was scraped:

Based on 2008/09 Ladder positions this is one scenario:
Some clubs would not be too pleased if this was to eventuate, namely St Albans a NTH A power, Albion last years premiers and regular contenters

NORTH A
Doutta Stars
Hoppers Crossing
Williamstown CYMS
Sunshine Druids
Strathmore
Keilor Park Nth A Premiers
Avondale Heights
Gr$$nval$
Tullamarine
Westmeadows
Sunshine United
Werribee Centrals Nth B Premiers
Parkville District

Phew!!!Not many easy games in this grade.

NORTH B
Albion
St Albans
East Keilor
Footscray United
Aberfeldie
Seddon
Seabrook
Moonee Valley
Flemington
Craigieburn
Jacana
Aberfeldie Park
Westmeadows

As strong as Nth B has ever been, standard would improve 2-3 fold.At least up the top half of the ladder. 13 in NORTH B

ROY G BIV;340406 said:
If SEN A was scraped:

Some clubs would not be too pleased if this was to eventuate, namely St Albans a NTH A power, Albion last years premiers and regular contenters

NORTH A
Doutta Stars
Hoppers Crossing
Williamstown CYMS
Sunshine Druids
Strathmore
Avondale Heights
Gr$$nval$
Tullamarine
Westmeadows
Sunshine United
Parkville District

NORTH B
Albion
St Albans
East Keilor
Footscray United
Aberfeldie
Seddon
Seabrook
Moonee Valley
Flemington
Craigieburn
Jacana
Aberfeldie Park
Westmeadows

As strong as Nth B has ever been, standard would improve 2-3 fold.At least up the top half of the ladder. 13 in NORTH B

Roy I like it, How would it run as I think you could snaek in an extra round and make it a 12 round season. Just to confirm your comments, it would be 2 great comps and for the sides currently in North b it would be like winning a flag and going up a grade! I've heard Seabrook maybe on the go and Kingsville Baps are looking at coming back but there's nothing wrong with the VTCA saying sorry we're full.

Guru14;340419 said:
Roy I like it, How would it run as I think you could snaek in an extra round and make it a 12 round season. Just to confirm your comments, it would be 2 great comps and for the sides currently in North b it would be like winning a flag and going up a grade! I've heard Seabrook maybe on the go and Kingsville Baps are looking at coming back but there's nothing wrong with the VTCA saying sorry we're full.

Mate, haven't given much thought to how this will all work.
Maybe u blokes can have a go at that. or come up with other alternative scenarios.

But NTH A at present has 12 clubs well they have had 12 clubs ever since i can remember, how it works , we have 9 two dayes + 2 one dayers meaning every side plays the other once in home n away.
This isn't ideal because 2 one dayers u could cop a bottom side and would have to accept first innings win and as such much less bonus points + other varaiations on that theme.

Looking at clubs in each grade if all this pans out NTH A will be very tough, certainly a step or two up for Current NTH A teams. They would have to improve if they wanna compete.

NTH B well winning a flag is always great and an achievement to be applauded, but there are some very strong clubs here & it would certainly present a greater chalenge than in the past. A number of Clubs in both grades would have to work hard to improve inorder to simply compete.

I reckon that's all exciting for players+clubs alike involved.
Again Albion & st albans probably belong in Nth A but had very ordinary years & if u r to go on ladder positions they including a good westmeadows side would consider themselves very unlucky.

Promotions 1up form NTH A bottom 2 down to Nth B
IN NTH B 2 granfinalist up to NTH A, if u only have premiers going up that makes it very hard for some clubs to ever be promoted.

Guru14;340419 said:

My guess is their will be a senior division, and north a,b and c, and south a, b and c, senior div will be 2 down, (1 team to north a -doutta stars and 1 team to south a - sorry, can't think who finished 2nd last) and st bernards and willi cy's promoted (comp announced prior to this season that 2 teams from senior a were being promoted). A,B and C divisions on each side will have 8 teams if possible, 10 if need be in lowest grade, premiers up, last relegated from next season except for senior div where it will be bottom 2 teams relegated and if need be shuffling of teams in central locations between north and south divisions. 8 team draw allows clubs to play each other side in a 1 and a 2 day game, home and away. Clubs are queing up to join the VTCA, read the thread for willi churches cricket association, they have clubs jumping off everywhere. Anyway just a guess, lets see what happens

ROY G BIV;340406 said:
If SEN A was scraped:

NORTH A
Doutta Stars
Hoppers Crossing
Williamstown CYMS
Sunshine Druids
Strathmore
Avondale Heights
Gr$$nval$
Tullamarine
Westmeadows
Sunshine United
Parkville District

NORTH B
Albion
St Albans
East Keilor
Footscray United
Aberfeldie
Seddon
Seabrook
Moonee Valley
Flemington
Craigieburn
Jacana
Aberfeldie Park
Westmeadows

a couple of problems with this setup, Keilor Park win a premiership but 5 or 6 other teams from that division play same level next year, Werribee Centrals win a premiership in a lower level but jump ahead of teams that just missed finals in higher division. If you promote WC, Keilor Park need to be promoted to Senior Div as a similar reward. While i'm sure that theory would get 1 vote, I would hope not many more. Doutta Stars that were senior premiers last year (and very very regular finalist over last 10-12 years are rewarded for 1 bad year by playing sides from 2 and 3 divisions lower than them. Dont think this setup would get past to many club delegates from higher grades who have won premierships (or at worst been runner up) to gain promotion. My guess is 3 divisions, 8 teams per division, play everyone in a 1 dayer and a 2 dayer, premiers promoted, bottom relegated. If more than 24 teams bottom grade has extra team or 2, if dont have 24 teams plenty of clubs want to join the VTCA. Just my thoughts

jika jika;340589 said:
My guess is 3 divisions, 8 teams per division, play everyone in a 1 dayer and a 2 dayer, premiers promoted, bottom relegated. If more than 24 teams bottom grade has extra team or 2, if dont have 24 teams plenty of clubs want to join the VTCA. Just my thoughts

Yeah, I like your 3-division, 8-team proposal much better. Not too keen on your selections for a two-tier North set-up. How do you justify placing WCent's ahead of well-performed Nth A clubs? They only just got dumped back down after their shortcomings being exposed at that level.

But before we get carried away with your sensible suggestion, just remember that it makes too much sense! The VTCA would never ratify such logic!

Sober Symonds;340625 said:
Yeah, I like your 3-division, 8-team proposal much better. Not too keen on your selections for a two-tier North set-up. How do you justify placing WCent's ahead of well-performed Nth A clubs? They only just got dumped back down after their shortcomings being exposed at that level.

But before we get carried away with your sensible suggestion, just remember that it makes too much sense! The VTCA would never ratify such logic!

the 2 tier system wasnt mine. I put what i think are a few of its problems in another post

jika jika;340589 said:
a couple of problems with this setup, Keilor Park win a premiership but 5 or 6 other teams from that division play same level next year, Werribee Centrals win a premiership in a lower level but jump ahead of teams that just missed finals in higher division. If you promote WC, Keilor Park need to be promoted to Senior Div as a similar reward. While i'm sure that theory would get 1 vote, I would hope not many more. Doutta Stars that were senior premiers last year (and very very regular finalist over last 10-12 years are rewarded for 1 bad year by playing sides from 2 and 3 divisions lower than them. Dont think this setup would get past to many club delegates from higher grades who have won premierships (or at worst been runner up) to gain promotion. My guess is 3 divisions, 8 teams per division, play everyone in a 1 dayer and a 2 dayer, premiers promoted, bottom relegated. If more than 24 teams bottom grade has extra team or 2, if dont have 24 teams plenty of clubs want to join the VTCA. Just my thoughts

I agree. 3 grades would be the way to go, Most of the Senior A clubs in North A plus Keilor Park and Willy .

Top 6 from from north A last year plus Werr and MV.

Then the rest in North C .

Grand final teams go up each year and bottom 2 down.

I think you will find sides from a few diffenert comps that are going though changes might look at coming over as well

ROY G BIV;340406 said:
If SEN A was scraped:

NORTH A
Doutta Stars
Hoppers Crossing
Williamstown CYMS
Sunshine Druids
Strathmore
Avondale Heights
Gr$$nval$
Tullamarine
Westmeadows
Sunshine United
Parkville District

NORTH B
Albion
St Albans
East Keilor
Footscray United
Aberfeldie
Seddon
Seabrook
Moonee Valley
Flemington
Craigieburn
Jacana
Aberfeldie Park
Westmeadows

OK JIKA ur suggestion is good, but in my defense i only came up this scenario on a whim.

According to 3 teir NORTH SOUTH structure, again based on ladder positions we could have shape:

The only issue i have with 8 team comp is finals and relegation battles are settled quite early. Just llok at NTH B in recent years we would know well in advance which 4 clubs would be vying for the finals spot and which would occupy the bottom 2 possies. SO that would be my only criticism of 8 teams in a division.

With 12 teams we have found that almost every year you don't really know who finishes get relegated and who finishees 3rd or 4th until the completion of the final rnd. So a compromise would be to welcome some new clubs in vtca and make Noth A,B,C atlest 10 team per Divisions. WIth 1 promoted and 1 or 2 relegated.

NORTH A

Doutta Stars
Hoppers Crossing
Williamstown CYMS
Sunshine Druids
Strathmore
Avondale Heights
Tullamarine

NORTH B

Gr$$nval$
Westmeadows
Sunshine United
Parkville District
Albion
St Albans
Footscray United

NORTH C

East Keilor
Aberfeldie
Seddon
Seabrook
Moonee Valley
Flemington
Craigieburn
Jacana
Aberfeldie Park
PLus any other clubs joining the VTCA.

Possible breakup of Senior A into North and South.

ROY G BIV;340691 said:
According to 3 teir NORTH SOUTH structure, again based on ladder positions we could have shape:

NORTH A

Doutta Stars
Hoppers Crossing
Williamstown CYMS
Sunshine Druids
Strathmore
Avondale Heights
Tullamarine

NORTH B

Gr$$nval$
Westmeadows
Sunshine United
Parkville District
Albion
St Albans
Footscray United

NORTH C

East Keilor
Aberfeldie
Seddon
Seabrook
Moonee Valley
Flemington
Craigieburn
Jacana
Aberfeldie Park

Full credit for having a crack, and I agree 10 teams would be more comeptitive despite the convenience of 8 teams enabling each to play eachother twice. However, I reckon Sun Utd would be pretty aggrieved at being dumped beneath 3 teams from Nth A. Not sure they all need to be promoted. Likewise, I don't think East Keilor were that bad, were they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru14
Should i take back the legend status then? Are you a chance to play next year if I you are who I think you are.

Don't think you no who i am mate.But i was up there 4 the hole 4 days

I played this year first half in ones ( Yes we were short ). Then finaly got to play were i wanted 2 and should be playing

Sober Symonds;340742 said:
Full credit for having a crack, and I agree 10 teams would be more comeptitive despite the convenience of 8 teams enabling each to play eachother twice. However, I reckon Sun Utd would be pretty aggrieved at being dumped beneath 3 teams from Nth A. Not sure they all need to be promoted. Likewise, I don't think East Keilor were that bad, were they?

only team Aberfeldie beat all year so probably not that good I would suggest

interesting to see Ingleton mentioned to leave Strathmore to go to Aberfeldie

is this set in stone ?

good pick up for them, is Shanahan leaving ? didn't he captain them late in the year

[COLOR="Yellow"]
He who knows best;340758 said:
[/COLOR]

First game of the year on a sh** track and alot of players out .

But we did end up beating the top team last game,

7/564;340763 said:
First game of the year on a sh** track and alot out .

sorry - didn't know that

but it's a lot like players making no runs all year and saying they got 10 terrible decisions and didn't get dropped by a fieldsman all year and thats why their average is bad

facts are what matter

Aberfeldie would have batted/bowled on that deck all year too so is that their excuse for being so bad ?

EK finished 3rd last didn't they ? so they if 3 go down they should be relegated

Im sure the other teams all had players missing at various times too

He who knows best;340764 said:
sorry - didn't know that

but it's a lot like players making no runs all year and saying they got 10 terrible decisions and didn't get dropped by a fieldsman all year and thats why their average is bad

facts are what matter

Aberfeldie would have batted/bowled on that deck all year too so is that their excuse for being so bad ?

EK finished 3rd last didn't they ? so they if 3 go down they should be relegated

I never said we shouldn't go down, we finished 3rd last yes but only .66 off 7th spot but if VTCa say last 3 go down then we are gone.(which is far enough)

I was just responding to your answer on is East keilor that bad. and i didn't think your reasoning of Abers beat them was a good one.

But i guess you must off seen alot off East Keilor and thats your opion so thats cool

He who knows best;340764 said:
sorry - didn't know that

facts are what matter

3rd last, but within a point of 4th & 5th last. Then a good gap between them and the bottom two. That's what I'm pointing out. Would appear to be stiff to go down winning 4 and losing 2.

ROY G BIV;340691 said:
OK JIKA ur suggestion is good, but in my defense i only came up this scenario on a whim.

The only issue i have with 8 team comp is finals and relegation battles are settled quite early. Just llok at NTH B in recent years we would know well in advance which 4 clubs would be vying for the finals spot and which would occupy the bottom 2 possies. SO that would be my only criticism of 8 teams in a division.

With 12 teams we have found that almost every year you don't really know who finishes get relegated and who finishees 3rd or 4th until the completion of the final rnd. So a compromise would be to welcome some new clubs in vtca and make Noth A,B,C atlest 10 team per Divisions. WIth 1 promoted and 1 or 2 relegated.

NORTH A

Doutta Stars
Hoppers Crossing
Williamstown CYMS
Sunshine Druids
Strathmore
Avondale Heights
Tullamarine

NORTH B

Gr$$nval$
Westmeadows
Sunshine United
Parkville District
Albion
St Albans
Footscray United

NORTH C

East Keilor
Aberfeldie
Seddon
Seabrook
Moonee Valley
Flemington
Craigieburn
Jacana
Aberfeldie Park

I dont mind this personally , BUT ,how would Senior Div be structured for the 1st season of this ?
With the domination of Nth sides , 9 -3 this year , 10-2 next year , and a proposed 1 up 1 down from "north a" & "south a" , there will forever be a discrepincey in Senior with the amount of north/south.
Would they bite the bullet and take the top 6 north/south sides to start a Senior Div ,therefore saving Hampton from relegation ? Then Brighton Dis, Maccabi & Beauy go up too. I hope not.
Or top 5 north and promote St Bernards ?

Back