Possible breakup of Senior A into North & South divisions

Re: Possible breakup of Senior A into North & South divisions

beached as;341750 said:
So what your saying is you don't agree with the proposed rules that District cricket, state cricket, county cricket and international cricket already use?
:eek::eek:

Only a personal opinion, but I dont see that the introduction of bowling restrictions would have an positive effect on cricket at a VTCA level.
Remembering that State, COunty and International cricket have the luxury of picking a completely different side / squad for One-dayers. In club cricket is it the same side/squad for all forms of the game.
I just dont see why a bowler should be restricted in his potential impact on a game....

beached as;341750 said:
So what your saying is you don't agree with the proposed rules that District cricket, state cricket, county cricket and international cricket already use?

Imagine Australia playing India in the World Cup final and each batsman had to retire at 50! :eek::eek:
But this is the VTCA and we don't have them, simple as that.

Not Just Empty Words;341772 said:
Only a personal opinion, but I dont see that the introduction of bowling restrictions would have an positive effect on cricket at a VTCA level.
Remembering that State, COunty and International cricket have the luxury of picking a completely different side / squad for One-dayers. In club cricket is it the same side/squad for all forms of the game.
I just dont see why a bowler should be restricted in his potential impact on a game....

You do raise so very valid points there. Maybe I'll change my stance from 8 overs each to 10, 11 or 12 so captains still have to find more than 2 or 3 bowlers then. It could make that other allotment of 5 to 10 overs quite interesting.

southern sledge;341799 said:
But this is the VTCA and we don't have them, simple as that.

Our competition is under the VMCU, and there are many other teams under this banner that have bowling restrictions in 1 day games.

It's taken long enough to get the comp to sort the paid players and structure of the leagues out...which by the way still hasn't been done! I doubt they will be throwing more changes in so soon i.e. bowling restrictions. Valid points and you'd think most teams would be able to find 4 decent bowlers in the team to bowl 10 each.

beached as;341895 said:
Our competition is under the VMCU, and there are many other teams under this banner that have bowling restrictions in 1 day games.
Of what relevence or clout does the VMCU have. The VTCA is bigger than that toothless mob.

southern sledge;341948 said:
Of what relevence or clout does the VMCU have. The VTCA is bigger than that toothless mob.

The fact that the VTCA is a member of the VMCU. I'd say the VTCA would have more money in that regard but if the administrators of our comp started to do their job without integrity then the VMCU would show some clout/teeth.

Not Just Empty Words;341704 said:
We dont have batting restrictions, so why should there be bowling restrictions ?
How fair is it to a side that has a Professional or overseas player who is specifically at the club and paid to bowl, he is limited in his effectivness. But yet a batsmen brought to the club has no restrictions on his potential performance and contribution....

This bowling restriction argument has got a fair bit of airplay in other forums and it is obvious from them that people have very fixed and very different opinions. However, the facts are that just about all levels of cricket impose restrictions in limited over games and in my view they add interest and promote "teamwork". Imagine NZ having Vettori bowl 25 straight, it would probably change their world rating.

Maybe we should even let the "pro" bowl from both ends. While getting carried away, we could give them their own dressing room and insist on them calling the batsmen "Mr". Maybe you have some experience from the north of England, Not Just Empty Words?

Seriously, we should get with the times and say max 10 overs each bowler. The batting restriction argument is irrelavent, it is a reality in all forms of cricket bar very young juniors that 2 bats can bat all innings if good enough.

jacko66;342028 said:
This bowling restriction argument has got a fair bit of airplay in other forums and it is obvious from them that people have very fixed and very different opinions. However, the facts are that just about all levels of cricket impose restrictions in limited over games and in my view they add interest and promote "teamwork". Imagine NZ having Vettori bowl 25 straight, it would probably change their world rating.

Maybe we should even let the "pro" bowl from both ends. While getting carried away, we could give them their own dressing room and insist on them calling the batsmen "Mr". Maybe you have some experience from the north of England, Not Just Empty Words?

Seriously, we should get with the times and say max 10 overs each bowler. The batting restriction argument is irrelavent, it is a reality in all forms of cricket bar very young juniors that 2 bats can bat all innings if good enough.

As I said, its just a personal opinion. From a North of England perspective, where the 'Pro' culture is probably at its strongest, i am led to believe that there are no bowling restrictions for that very reason. Why would you bother investing good money in a top flight bowler if he is limited in his contribution.

One of the main problems surrounding this in the VTCA is that ALL games are scheduled 4 innings fixtures, regardless of the fact that in most cases the result is decided on 1st innings scores and both teams only bat once.
The scheduled 1 day games are governed by and played under the same rules as those scheduled for 2 days games, just with a different compulsory closure for the side batting first. Only a small complication, but it would mean that any scheduled 1 day games would then need a new set of rules and guidelines. Again, not overly a huge problem but it does raise some potential problems. Then what happens when a scheduled 2 day game is washed out in wk 1 ? Is it still a 2 day game under those rules and conditions or does it then become a game played under 1 day rules and conditions. Obviously some sides will be advantaged / disadvantaged playing under '1 day rules' due to the make up of their side. Would they be as keen to call a week 1 off ?
I am sure you can see that this has the ability to open up a dangerous can of worms.
Its hard enough getting a level of understanding from clubs as it is, without throwing up other potential reasons for clubs to throw their hands in the air and claim ignorance on an issue.

Not quite as simple as just saying "we should get with the times and say max 10 overs each bowler" !!!

But as I keep saying, its just my opinion which counts for very little !!

you'll find that even some of those leagues you talk of in the north of England are moving with the times, bringing in a max of 15 overs a bowler (50 over a side) based on the fact that good pros were bowling unchanged..... its improved the comp.If you get a good pro in he should, you'd hope, be helping some of the other bowlers to improve.... no point if all they're doing is bowling in the nets!!!

Re: North A & B

Anyone know anything about the VTCA disbanding Senior A next season and creating 2 new divisions out of it - a North and South comp? Apparently Greenvale has already been offered a promotion position from North A for next season. What do you think?

Son of a Gun;343281 said:
Anyone know anything about the VTCA disbanding Senior A next season and creating 2 new divisions out of it - a North and South comp? Apparently Greenvale has already been offered a promotion position from North A for next season. What do you think?

The VTCA have made it public at a number of meetings that the concept of Senior A is being looked at. I believe it is on the agenda for discussion at tomorrow nights Exec meeting, so more information should be forthcoming soon.
As for Greenvale being offered a position that can only be someones overactive imagination. They got beat in the Semi and as such lost the chance to win promotion. It may be possible that thru a re-structure they are "gifted" a place but surely they are behind Avondale Heights and Tullamarine in the pecking order if that were to be the case. WOuld surely also depend upon any new tems entering the comp as to divisional numbers and make up.
Unlikely, but you never know !

Son of a Gun;343281 said:

their is a thread ' possible breakup of senior a division" that has lots of possible combinations but its hard to see how a losing semi finalist would get promoted unless sides dropout/disband from divisions above or there is a massive influx of new teams into comp and they are forced to spread out numbers. Losing a semi is hardly recomendation for promotion

jika jika;343384 said:
their is a thread ' possible breakup of senior a division" that has lots of possible combinations but its hard to see how a losing semi finalist would get promoted unless sides dropout/disband from divisions above or there is a massive influx of new teams into comp and they are forced to spread out numbers. Losing a semi is hardly recomendation for promotion

With the new teams coming in it means that more teams will have to be shifted up to keep the divisions even. This is why Greenvale would go up as they are next in the pecking order.

beached as;343387 said:
With the new teams coming in it means that more teams will have to be shifted up to keep the divisions even. This is why Greenvale would go up as they are next in the pecking order.

They would have to be promoted after Keilor Park(premiers) Avodale (Runners up) and Tulla (other losing semi finalist who finished the year on top ). 4 teams promoted out of 1 division is a big amount. How many new clubs are you thinking may join the north side of the VTCA?

jika jika;343389 said:
They would have to be promoted after Keilor Park(premiers) Avodale (Runners up) and Tulla (other losing semi finalist who finished the year on top ). 4 teams promoted out of 1 division is a big amount. How many new clubs are you thinking may join the north side of the VTCA?

My mail is 4 sides are thinking of joining. 2 from MMVCA and 2 from any of the western district comps.

This would make 3 groups of 10 and hence Greenvale going up after the 3 sides you mentioned.

beached as;343419 said:
My mail is 4 sides are thinking of joining. 2 from MMVCA and 2 from any of the western district comps.

This would make 3 groups of 10 and hence Greenvale going up after the 3 sides you mentioned.

Think your on the money there beached.

I have heard Senoir north will be 12 teams now not 8 so Greenvale will be the last team to go up.

And i also think from North A last season a big chance if 4 new teams come in no-one from North A will go down to north B with M/vally and W/Centrals going up.

Gr$$nval$ being offered a promotion in restructured Nth A? Very fortunate I would say, also would like to echo the thoughts expressed in a few previous posts. Pecking order for promotion should be KP Avondale, Tulla, Gr$$nval$.

Having said that I think few would argue against Gr$$nval$ with their financial/ex district players recruiting clout wouldn’t be competitive in the new Nth A. If anything they could be more of a show in the new NTH A than the Grandfinalist and minor premiers of this season.
Big question mark already on how Avondale will fare in the new comp if they accept the promotion with reliable source letting me know that their import won’t be there next year and may also have to let go of T Jeffrey since the president and who is also largely the sole financier of the club has decided to tighten his purse strings and keep his cheque book in the pocket with that they will definitely lose the services of their import and TJ doesn’t come cheap & won’t stay there for the love of the club, also they weren’t able to attract a playing coach to their club despite all their valiant efforts at the start of the 08/09 season so their inability to attract quality pros to replace these possible big exclusions doesn’t bear well for their chances in the new tougher Nth A. Having said all that the club was written off by almost everyone b4 the start of this season & they almost won the flag so they may pull something outta the hat again but @ this stage if 4 are to gain promotion I reckon Gr$$nval$, KP & Tulla would be ok but Avondale may be in trouble if this reliable source is anything to go by + other 3 clubs are able & have the financial means to even further improve their 1x1 with new paid players whereas Avondale will struggle to keep the 2 they had this season.

beached as;343419 said:

Western Churches- Altona roosters, St Andrews and maybe Kingsville back to the VTCA.

Back