Preferred form of Cricket?

What type of Cricket do you Prefer?

• Total voters

Jolldo87

Preferred form of Cricket?

After Ricky Ponting's recent comments i thought it would be interesting to find out which type of cricket people prefer.

Personally i can't go past Test Cricket.

Re: Preferred form of Cricket?

I like all of them but Tests are probably my favourite. Depends on a few things like the opposition or what mood I'm in. An ODI is far better to watch when the teams are uneven for example. Going to the game I prefer ODIs but lounging at home with a couple of beers Tests. 20/20 is fun but gets dull very quickly.

Kram81;223768 said:
I like all of them but Tests are probably my favourite. Depends on a few things like the opposition or what mood I'm in. An ODI is far better to watch when the teams are uneven for example. Going to the game I prefer ODIs but lounging at home with a couple of beers Tests. 20/20 is fun but gets dull very quickly.

My thoughts exactly

IMO One dayers should/will be scrapped in the not too distant future. I don't think there will be a place for it for much longer.

You can't beat test cricket.

But I agree SS i'm not sure about the future of the 50 over match.

ODI.

I just get a little bored of Tests because of how long it takes to get runs.

If I'm in a good mood then definitely Tests but usually can't watch for more than 4 or 5 hours so don't like tests that much.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I hope that ODIs don't disappear. I've grown up to watch and follow Tests and ODIs, I'm a traditionalist. And when too much Twenty20s were played in India, look what happened, people said there was too much of it. A good balance of Tests, ODIs and Twenty20 is the perfect combination, it's just a matter of finding it that's all.

SouthSwans;223913 said:
IMO One dayers should/will be scrapped in the not too distant future. I don't think there will be a place for it for much longer.

It would be an absolute disgrace if that happened IMO.

The game could do with some fine tuning though, perhaps make the captains one of the 5 over power plays in the last 20 overs or something. The boring just 'milk the singles' and save for the end though the middle overs is a bit dull.

IMO under a new system, every side should play 15+ tests per year, filter in a few T20s and ODIs become the exhibition match instead of Twenty20. OD cricket is dying and T20 cricket is better for the marketing appeal of the game. Instead of having 4-5 T20s a year have 4-5 ODs and a big chunk of T20s. This is how I can see it happening. The World Cup will stay in place every four years, but the amount of one day games will drastically decrease in the not too distant future.

This is just how I see the ICC doing it.

I like Test cricket the best.

Runs are hard earnt and there is always a good battle going on.

Back