Premier Cricket 12/13

dougie05

Been a bit quiet on the forum lately so I thought I would start things off given it is only 10 weeks to the start of the season.

The introduction of T20 cricket for points this season is going to throw a spanner into the competition given games are worth 4 points. Prarahn will be licking their lips at this given their recent history in this format.

Interesting to see McDonald has gone to Melbourne after a fairly good season and winning a flag with the tigers and Melbourne have lost their opening bowling partnership with Worral and Gimour headed over the boarder.

Also headed over the boarder is Jeremy Hart from Geelong, this will hurt the cats as he has taken over 40 poles for the last 3 years.

Saints batting will be bolstered with Moffat coming over from SA.

Any other news from around the clubs??

And which clubs will be there when the whips are cracking?

Been a bit quiet on the forum lately so I thought I would start things off given it is only 10 weeks to the start of the season.

The introduction of T20 cricket for points this season is going to throw a spanner into the competition given games are worth 4 points. Prarahn will be licking their lips at this given their recent history in this format.

Interesting to see McDonald has gone to Melbourne after a fairly good season and winning a flag with the tigers and Melbourne have lost their opening bowling partnership with Worral and Gimour headed over the boarder.

Also headed over the boarder is Jeremy Hart from Geelong, this will hurt the cats as he has taken over 40 poles for the last 3 years.

Saints batting will be bolstered with Moffat coming over from SA.

Any other news from around the clubs??

And which clubs will be there when the whips are cracking?

Wes Robinson to Footscray

Bredan Drew from Tasmania has moved across the ocean to set up stumps at Camberwell Magpies.

Massive get for the pies to go along with Stanley from Geelong and O'Brien from the saints.

those 3 players are more than handy players to replace fekete and Crostwaite.

Country Round "Bush Bash" venues have been announced. Games being played on November 24

Morwell Recreation Reserve
9:30am Casey South Melbourne vs Dandenong
2pm Fitzroy Doncaster vs Casey South Melbourne
4:30pm Dandenong vs Fitzroy Doncaster

Queen Elizabeth Oval,Bendigo
10am Carlton vs Melbourne Uni
2pm St Kilda vs Carlton
7pm Melbourne Uni vs St Kilda

Wangaratta Showgrounds
10am Hawthorn Monash Uni vs Richmond
2pm Camberwell Magpies vs Hawthorn Monash Uni
7pm Richmond vs Camberwell Magpies

Lavington Sports Ground
10am Frankston Peninsula vs Melbourne
2pm Ringwood vs Frankston Peninsula
7pm Melbourne vs Ringwood

Horsham
10am Geelong vs Essendon
2pm Footscray Edgewater vs Geelong
7pm Essendon vs Footscray Edgewater

Barooga
10am Northcote vs Prahran
2pm North Melbourne vs Northcote
7pm Prahran vs North Melbourne

Shane told me that it is official. Lasith Malinga will be playing for Hawthorn-Monash Uni. From the fixtures it looks like the Footscray boys will be on the receiving end.

Coming from shepparton i like to keep an eye on local talent that has gone to play premier cricket.
can anyone give me an idea on to how the like of Josh Mcdonald and Ryan Sidebottom are going??

Yeah he has a very suspect action we played against him and word was he was told he was going to get no balled for his action in the higher division so went and played for his original club Carnegie. absolute gun!!! Bowls like murali so hard to pick gun bowler but like I said very very suspect action.

The South Barwon Cricket Club is hosting two of the all time greatest opening bowling combination in Courtney Walsh and Curtly Ambrose on Sunday 9th December at Buckley's Entertainment Centre in Geelong. The afternoon starts at 12:30pm and includes a 2 course meal plus a 3 hour drinks package (beer/wine/soft drink). The guys will be interviewed by the MC Justin Karcher during the afternoon and there will also be time for some questions plus a signing table on the day. There are tables of 12 so get your table together or you can sit in smaller groups if needed. We only have 300 tickets available so it will be first in best dressed. Tickets are starting to sell now so get in and avoid the disappointment of missing out on this unique opportunity. Tickets are $110 per person, so start organising your mini bus now for a day in Geelong !!
For tickets please see the link to an order form. Tickets are available from the club in Geelong, or details on the order form.

Order Form

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/files/2108/files/Ambrose Walsh Flyer_Order Form Final.pdf

Club website

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/home.aspx?

Here is the Bush Bash T20 games for next week
Morwell Recreation Reserve
Casey South Melbourne vs Dandenong 9:30am
Fitzroy Doncaster vs Casey South Melbourne 1pm
Dandenong vs Fitzroy Doncaster 4:30pm
Queen Elizabeth Oval,BendigoCarlton vs Melbourne Uni 10am
St Kilda vs Carlton 2pm
Melbourne Uni vs St Kilda 7pm
Wangaratta ShowgroundsHawthorn Monash Uni vs Richmond 10am
Camberwell Magpies vs Hawthorn Monash Uni 2pm
Richmond vs Hawthorn Monash Uni 7pm
Lavington Sports GroundFrankston Peninsula vs Melbourne 10am
Ringwood vs Frankston Peninsula 2pm
Melbourne vs Ringwood 7pm
Horsham City OvalGeelong vs Essendon 10am
Footscray Edgewater vs Geelong 2pm
Essendon vs Footscray Edgewater 7pm
Barooga Recreation ReserveNorthcote vs Prahran 10am
North Melbourne vs Northcote 2pm
Prahran vs North Melbourne 7pm

Should be some cricket next Saturday if you are nearby come and have a look

Morwell Teams: Casey South Melbourne(16th 4pts),Dandenong(4th 23pts),Fitzroy Doncaster(7th 20pts)
Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny Max 25

Bendigo Teams: Carlton(6th 21pts),Melbourne Uni(10th 14pts),St Kilda(9th 15pts)
Weather Forecast: Sunny Max 31

Wangaratta Teams: Hawthorn Monash Uni(17th 0pts),Richmond(3rd 25pts),Camberwell Magpies(8th 19pts)
Weather Forecast: Sunny Max 30

Lavington,Albury Teams: Frankston Peninsula(12th 10pts),Melbourne(1st 31pts),Ringwood(2nd 26pts)
Weather Forecast: Sunny Max 30

Horsham Teams: Geelong(11th 10pts),Essendon(18th 0pts),Footscray Edgewater(13th 9pts)
Weather Forecast: Sunny Max 33

Barooga Teams: Northcote(15th 5pts),North Melbourne(14th 8pts),Prahran(5th 22pts)
Weather Forecast: Sunny Max 32

Back