4) Asad Rauf
5) Tony Hill
6) Marais Erasmus
7) Ian Gould
8) Kumar Dharmasena
9) Rod Tucker
10) Billy Doctrove

What is yours?

Hey I am agree with you . You are saying the truth. My favorite umpire is Simon Taufel, he is doing his job superbly. Also Aleem Dar doing great.

Mine is:

1) Simon Taufel
2) Aleem Dar
3) Marais Erasmus
4) Tony Hill
5) Ian Gould
6) Billy Bowden
7) Asad Rauf
8) Kumar Dharmasena
9) Rod Tucker
10) Billy Doctrove

The Billy's have become problematic. The one has forgotten his job and the other one makes far too many errors (Doctrove). I believe that Erasmus needs to work more with Taufel to become even better. I really think Taufel has become the standard .. I like his interaction with the media (especially in the T20s) and the fact that the players respect him ..

Cheers ponting28

I know there has been a bit of controversy hanging around Billy Bowden's umpiring but at the end of the day, it comes down to who makes the right decisions more and from what I've seen, Billy Bowden is a very solid umpire and has a good relationship with the players. Simon Taufel is definitely the best umpire, he never seems to put a foot wrong.

Just because I can, Steve Davis is the worst umpire. He has made quite a few utter shockers of decisions and Kumar Dharmasena is an up and rising umpire in which I have been very impressed with.

Taufel is the best umpire by a fair way, it's a shame he's Australian because Australian seem to have an endless run of spud umpires in our games. The rest seems to make quite a few errors although Dar has gotten a lot better.

Taufel and Dar are mles ahead. Dar is a very good umpire.

I suspect Doctrove should have his eyes checked more regularly. He has a habit now of not even giving plumb LB's and just leaves it up to the players to review it.

Here's mine

1) Simon Taufel
2) Aleem Dar
3) Billy Bowden
4) Asad Rauf
5) Tony Hill
6) Marais Erasmus
7) Ian Gould
8) KumarDharmasena
9) Rod Tucker
10) Billy Doctrove

What is yours?

Simon Taufel is he best umpire in world cricket by far. Ultimately I wonder how long it will be before he feels the brunt of India...
http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...of-its-standards/story-e6frf3g3-1226095149405

The Aussies would not agree about Aleem Dar. Some of them privately view him as hating Australians, but he's from the subcontinent so he gets protected.

Billy Bowden gifted England a 2 run victory in the 2nd Edgbaston Test in 2005 which famously gifted England the 2005 Ashes. Michael Kasprowicz was adjudged caught behind off his glove when he fended away a short pitch delivery. Little did Bowden realise that the batsman's hand was not even on the bat so ultimately his decision was incorrect. All glossed over and forgotten about now I'm sure. Other than that Billy Bowden is daylights ahead of most as the 2nd best umpire in world cricket.

I would like to point out that both Billy Bowden and Asad Rauf had a very good Test match in the match between England and India. Billy did make one mistake when he didn't give Sachin out but other than that, it was a perfect match from the umpires.

If the DRS was used for the LBW's as well then Sachin would have been out a lot sooner. India need to be forced to use the DRS, the rest of the world has out voted you.

I would like to point out that both Billy Bowden and Asad Rauf had a very good Test match in the match between England and India. Billy did make one mistake when he didn't give Sachin out but other than that, it was a perfect match from the umpires.

If the DRS was used for the LBW's as well then Sachin would have been out a lot sooner. India need to be forced to use the DRS, the rest of the world has out voted you.

Problem is India = ICC

Back