Renewables Versus Fossil Fuels.

I read that during our first full lockdown, pictures taken from above showed less pollution as there were fewer cars on the road, not sure who took the pics but it may have been NASA.

I read that during our first full lockdown, pictures taken from above showed less pollution as there were fewer cars on the road, not sure who took the pics but it may have been NASA.
Yes, pollution went down but only temporarily and the backlash effect we're seeing now is even worse. I read and saw videos showing dolphins returning to the heavily polluted lagoon of Venice.

Yes, pollution went down but only temporarily and the backlash effect we're seeing now is even worse. I read and saw videos showing dolphins returning to the heavily polluted lagoon of Venice.
I saw about 20 dolphins when I was cruising to Spain, they were playing and diving into the waves made by our ship, beautiful creatures. It's shocking how much pollution there is in our seas and oceans, even the amount of rubbish left on our beaches is a disgrace, it all ends up in the water.

"It will be produced from local brown coal with carbon emissions captured and stored in the CarbonNet project’s offshore reservoir in the state’s Gippsland region. "

Good start. The achievement will be even greater if the hydrogen was produced from renewables. What happens if the reservoir is full?

Good start. The achievement will be even greater if the hydrogen was produced from renewables. What happens if the reservoir is full?
It is to be soon. Recall this I posted a while back.
Thomas this'll knock your socks off too.

Here people are worried about Lake Learmonth which is always been low in water.
Would have been a great lake if the stupid ignorant council didn't divert the water elsewhere.

It is to be soon. Recall this I posted a while back.
Thomas this'll knock your socks off too.
Yes, that's what I had in mind. Impressive. Would be a shame not to use the technology available.:thumbsu:

Andrew Forrest is a man of vision. I am voting for him as Australia's first President when we finally become a Republic. One of his visions is to power all his mining vehicles with green hydrogen. He even envisages a hydrogen powered Formula 1 in the future. Using his own hydrogen presumably.

Last edited:
Is it really an option being discussed?
The fact is a revisit to a Republic Referendum has been stymied by successive governments out of respect for Britain's QE2. As Australia is a Commonwealth Queen Liz is the titular head of state of our archaic constitution. Same as Canada, NZ and several other Commonwealth nations.

They need to do more than climate change.
I think what everyone needs to look at is WFH options more. Even if it's most of the week and people only go to the office for meetings.
Gotta think of the cars and the gas/petrol emissions in the air.
Schools too should all have an online learning feature with the teachers being available for appointment only during the week.
I mean you have to lower emissions somehow and it's not just the factories that do them. It's the cars and buses on the roads too.
Imagine if education was done remotely all the life skills would be learned by these kids at home with their parents.
Imagine gardening becoming an educational component. Along with cooking and cleaning up.

Renewable energy alternatives will clean our air. Cars and buses will stop spewing toxic fumes when they are powered by clean battery energy. Our fossil fuel power plants will be replaced by green energy plants. This will take some time tho.. hope we have not left it too late.

Australia's Tritium will soon be powering American electric cars with the announcement that it intends building a EV fast charger manufacturing plant in the US.

looker-on looker-on

Last edited:
Very encouraging, indeed, and clearly the way to go. :thumbsu: Also astonishing considering the ocean depth of 3,000 km on average. Such a shame that a similar powerlink beween the Sahara and Europe cannot be built.

Germany and Australia have struck a massive $50b deal to produce clean hydrogen to reduce Europe's reliance on Russian fossil fuels for its energy.

Thomas as a German energy user this should please you and your family. Not sure it will please Mad Vlad tho.
It makes me proud that an Australian company will be at the forefront of decarbonising industries in not only Germany, the Netherlands over the next decade but all those places to which Russian gas is currently piped by Germany.
Andrew Forrest bills himself as Europe's ‘Putin solution' in $50b hydrogen deal (msn.com)

Last edited:
Back