Retirements/club Changes 2013/14

Anyone know who is now in charge at North Eltham? Also heard ************ all from epping, gboro, riverside, l.eltham or stars!! Cmon you lot, especially you tongs - start filling some pages on here.. And if you don't know anything at least start a rumour!!
Butera reappointed at Greensborough.

Any news on the Diamond Creek coach? nothing's been announced on the website but i'd have thought there'd be people lining up for that roll. Must start $1.15 favourites for the flag.

Anyone know who is now in charge at North Eltham? Also heard ************ all from epping, gboro, riverside, l.eltham or stars!! Cmon you lot, especially you tongs - start filling some pages on here.. And if you don't know anything at least start a rumour!!
Have been told that Ben Waterman will have a role (non playing I think), Adam Tsapatsaris(fielding coach), Leigh McTaggart (bowling coach). Can't recall if a head coach was mentioned. Thought I heard Elliot Smale to coach at Riverside. Rumours? I'm not much in the loop, but have heard of another former Australian cricket rep to play at RECCC this coming season!

Have been told that Ben Waterman will have a role (non playing I think), Adam Tsapatsaris(fielding coach), Leigh McTaggart (bowling coach). Can't recall if a head coach was mentioned. Thought I heard Elliot Smale to coach at Riverside. Rumours? I'm not much in the loop, but have heard of another former Australian cricket rep to play at RECCC this coming season!

Stu, Stu, you old tease, you!:rolleyes:

Is Lower Plenty going to be able to field a side next year, all we are hearing is people leaving. They seem to be in a world of pain down there, any idea as to why this has happened?

Is Lower Plenty going to be able to field a side next year, all we are hearing is people leaving. They seem to be in a world of pain down there, any idea as to why this has happened?
I have spoken to a couple of the guys down there Tongs. Have lost a few but probably one of those line in the sand moments for them. I think they have picked up some players and are hopeful of a few more. Not all doom and gloom. :)

I have spoken to a couple of the guys down there Tongs. Have lost a few but probably one of those line in the sand moments for them. I think they have picked up some players and are hopeful of a few more. Not all doom and gloom. :)

Line in the sand in what way?

I hope it's not doom and gloom, they're a proud club that have been around a long time. It just sounded like they're in a pretty tough position. Any ideas as to their recruits?

Any more news to report on the 'Search?

Line in the sand in what way?

I hope it's not doom and gloom, they're a proud club that have been around a long time. It just sounded like they're in a pretty tough position. Any ideas as to their recruits?

Any more news to report on the 'Search?
Yep I think they'll be ok, pretty hard working bunch down there and good blokes. Trent Rapp from Lower Eltham is one player they have recruited. From memory he played in there premiership side couple of seasons back. As for Search, a 125-130k young left arm bowler, 2 top order bats at this stage.

Yep I think they'll be ok, pretty hard working bunch down there and good blokes. Trent Rapp from Lower Eltham is one player they have recruited. From memory he played in there premiership side couple of seasons back. As for Search, a 125-130k young left arm bowler, 2 top order bats at this stage.
Obviously a club that has a brawl amongst themselves after winning a semi a couple of seasons ago needed changes and Dick Emery will make them. I heard Left arm medium Brent Ryan will now return to bolster their bowling stocks.

Obviously a club that has a brawl amongst themselves after winning a semi a couple of seasons ago needed changes and Dick Emery will make them. I heard Left arm medium Brent Ryan will now return to bolster their bowling stocks.
Anybody that knows Dick knows he will not tolerate individuals in his team so I guess a few ego`s had to go. I have heard they have cast their net wide and far to get the players they want. Just had a look at their website and Trent Rapp confirmed and Brent Zerafa back for the whole season so far.

No doom and gloom? Are you drunk?!? Potter, gunn, barnett and a few other 1s players all gone. Will be duking it out for the wooden spoon. Age old battle isnt it. Strong willed experienced new coach vs headstrong, slightly disruptive group. Club must back new coach no doubt but to lose 6 of your best dozen. Something smells a bit down at lower.. what do they say. The fish rots at the head! And can i just say, without being too much of a party pooper, please dont get on here and say your club has picked up a guy who bowls 130 or some unknown is coming back who will be a saviour. Fairdinkum.. let early results guide our opinions not bs spruiking 3 months out from a ball being bowled!!

Lower Eltham seem to consistently lose Barclay shield players every year to other clubs. Probably to do with their average culture of pure arrogance and egos.

Pigga, Salvatore, Gunn lasted one year, Sedgie, Poyser, Rapp, Reeves (tongs, can you confirm?)

No doom and gloom? Are you drunk?!? Potter, gunn, barnett and a few other 1s players all gone. Will be duking it out for the wooden spoon. Age old battle isnt it. Strong willed experienced new coach vs headstrong, slightly disruptive group. Club must back new coach no doubt but to lose 6 of your best dozen. Something smells a bit down at lower.. what do they say. The fish rots at the head! And can i just say, without being too much of a party pooper, please dont get on here and say your club has picked up a guy who bowls 130 or some unknown is coming back who will be a saviour. Fairdinkum.. let early results guide our opinions not bs spruiking 3 months out from a ball being bowled!!
Barging in on team selection and demanding that a mate of his be selected in A grade otherwise the Rat Pack would not play on the weekend, I wouldn`t call that slightly disruptive nor would I call hitting a opposition player with his bat after getting a send off in the last game of the year headstrong! Punter are you sure you are not one of the ego`s that has been cleaned out?

Barging in on team selection and demanding that a mate of his be selected in A grade otherwise the Rat Pack would not play on the weekend, I wouldn`t call that slightly disruptive nor would I call hitting a opposition player with his bat after getting a send off in the last game of the year headstrong! Punter are you sure you are not one of the ego`s that has been cleaned out?

I think Monty has got the raw deal with all the goings on. Potter is a captain who will hide down the order, bowl when there's cheap wickets on offer and select his mates in A grade, regardless of form.

Could be an interesting season down at the Magpies.

Has a post been deleted or removed from here?? Sure there was a fearless spray of a few blokes on here a few hours a go.

What ever happened to freedom of speech? Is Tongs regulating what we can and can't say now?

Has a post been deleted or removed from here?? Sure there was a fearless spray of a few blokes on here a few hours a go.

What ever happened to freedom of speech? Is Tongs regulating what we can and can't say now?

Not regulating or removing anything on here. People can decide to remove things themselves, I have also been asked at times by posters to remove things for them. I don't choose what does or doesn't get put on here. Unless its outside the BC rules (swearing/offensive etc)

If i did regulate, I wouldn't let any of the crap you write get through.

Back