Ryobi One Day Cup 2010

Boris

Ryobi One Day Cup 2010

This series has a sponsor now but I'm not sure if it is Royobi or Bunnings as of yet so I'm just going to call this thread its generic title.

First match has just been completed: Queensland vs Tasmania.
Cricinfo Scorecard, CA Scorecard (with commentary)

This series is being played under a new structure and rules this year in order to boost waning popularity. I'm sure by now you all know the whats, whys and wherefores of these new rules.

I'm not a fan of this format, but it's first game produced a cracker. Went right down to the last ball, Rimmington playing the best innings of the Queensland side... and he's a number 11 batsman.

Tasmania pulled off a last ball win by 5 runs.

Same old WA again. Going to be another long season if you're a Warriors fan.

Thrashed by Victoria tonight, another woeful effort.

Going to be a very long season. Arthur is going to learn why they don't win anything despite having, on paper, good players.

You know what was crap about that team performance? The best batsman was Mitchell Marsh and he also had the second best bowling figures. And he only got 44 and 1 for 45 off 8. That is how really crap they were.

He's 19 for ****'s sake, some of those other players should be ashamed of themselves.

I once was a rather large Nofke fan, not sure what you Westerners did to him. He was bowling brilliantly up to the point where Queensland stupidly threw him away and now I don't think he should even be in the WA side he is bowling so poorly.

Arthur has put the entire team on notice for the Shield game, if there's no improvements he has threatened to start axing players. Fair enough too you'd think, they were pretty awful on Friday.

As for Noffke he's reached that part of his career where he is in decline rather than still improving. If he has an ordinary season for us I'd say he won't play for the Warriors in 2011/12 as the time spent on him would be better spent on developing youth.

Noffke got smacked around in the Shield game as well. But as a few bowlers are injured or carrying (Hogan), Arthur's talk of axing non-performers may come to nowt.

Boris, I think the Warriors could quite possibly turn Punter to shit if he joined them for a season. I don't know what's in the water at the Waca.

Does anyone think they should have just tried to reduce these games to 40 overs aside before trying this split innings format? with 40 overs, it takes out half the boring overs and will still give domestic players they same format if they get selected for Australia.

Does anyone think they should have just tried to reduce these games to 40 overs aside before trying this split innings format? with 40 overs, it takes out half the boring overs and will still give domestic players they same format if they get selected for Australia.
I agree that it should be in the same format, but while the international game is 50 overs than why not play 50 over cricket? Also yes 40 over cricket does reduce the amount of 'boring' overs, but at the same time also reduces the amount of 'exciting' overs.

CA are doing this because they want to create what is practically a new format and introduce it for the 2015 World Cup. Money is the key here.

I don't get why they have the a 20/25 over split, I'd thought it would've made more sense to have 2 even innings of either 20 or 25 overs.

To be honest I can't follow it. I gave up pay TV due to it being a rip off, but the unfortunate thing is now I have to go to a mate's house if I want to watch any games. When I do get that opportunity I turn up and the game has started normally, but then suddenly the other team is batting just as they get into it, then there are spin bowlers bowling 12 overs straight in the last 25 overs, then there are bowlers bowling at times I can't work out why and batsman who were looking in touch one innings look terrible the next innings. Then there are the all rounders who don't have much of a role...

Maybe I just have to get used to it but it's even more confusing following on cricinfo. That's just a nightmare.

Same old WA again. Going to be another long season if you're a Warriors fan.

Thrashed by Victoria tonight, another woeful effort.

Boys, all this talk of a crap performance from WA but no reference given to outstanding performances from anyone in that match. C'mon, say it ... H... Hhhh...

Yah we got first innings points against the Vics!

(Watch for spectacular batting collapse in the second dig ;))

Beat NSW consistently this season and I will :D

Maybe getting rid of Noffke is the start of big things.

No, I don't believe that either. Pleased about the win though. Did anyone see it? The commentators on Grandstand whinged about how poor Vics were, understandable as they were all Victorian. Were they particularly poor? I mean it has been Hodge doing all the work so far and the Warriors broke the habits of lifetimes and did not shell catches yesterday.

Ford Ranger Cup - Results

Game One - Queensland vs Tasmania at Gabba

Tasmania 9/252 (45 overs)

Cosgrove 69 (74)
Lockyear 64 (57)
Rimmington 4/60 (12)
Feldman 4/64 (11)

Queensland a.o. 247 (45 overs)

Broad 83 (116)
Rimmington 42 (24)

Drew 4/70 (12)
Geeves 2/70 (11)