Sacked

No, it is not Eltham that is going to have walk outs. Why would we? Skips has already said that he will be staying at ECC next year, so I will put the "I have heard Skips is moving to club XX for $20k, or Skips is retiring" to bed early.

I won't neame the club just yet, as I don't think the club is actually aware at the moment. Which is a little concerning for them
I'll beat you to it. It's Plenty.

You haven't beat anyone to anything. Rozzi is leaving to go and play at Greenvale and Curtin is off to play on turf somewhere. So 2 players I wouldn't have thought constitutes a walkout....

Surprised Curtin is leaving. Is he just taking a year to have a crack on turf?

If Thorpey does play it will be at Rosanna where he is originally from. I doubt Woody will go back to Macleod. He went to Mont to play with Luke so perhaps there is a chance he might come with him back to Rosanna. Looking forward to next year in the DVCA already!
Not sure where your getting your info from papa but its mostly false. Maybe you should crawl back to your village and continue fighting with Gargamel. The canteen profits will decrease now Ando is not at Para rd F Troop you Dick sniffer! Go the Pythons!!!

You haven't beat anyone to anything. Rozzi is leaving to go and play at Greenvale and Curtin is off to play on turf somewhere. So 2 players I wouldn't have thought constitutes a walkout....
Firstly, no I wasn't referring to plenty. So you can relax knob head. Secondly, you have had two walk outs out of your ones and I believe your coach is done too? So that's near 30% of your most important players leaving. Surely that's close to a walk out?

Speaking to him at presentation night he still believed he was, and he was looking forward to, coaching Plenty.
You might find young up and coming James Love is off to try his hand at Premier Cricket, his good friend James Norman might just be joining him. That will leave a hole???

Apparently Plenty has approached Brent O'Connor from Banyule to captain next season, Riverside might have some competition!

Plenty approached him to captain... only? I spoke with Willo on the weekend and he said he has confirmed that he will be a non playing coach this year. Personally i think non playing coaches are a great idea as they get to actually do that. Coach, and do so with all grades. Although looking at Plenty's lower grade stocks, I am sure Willo might throw the whites on a few more times.

I'm led to believe that there isn't any compitition. It is done!

Plenty approached him to captain... only? I spoke with Willo on the weekend and he said he has confirmed that he will be a non playing coach this year. Personally i think non playing coaches are a great idea as they get to actually do that. Coach, and do so with all grades. Although looking at Plenty's lower grade stocks, I am sure Willo might throw the whites on a few more times.

I'm led to believe that there isn't any compitition. It is done!
So there's no bacon at plenty?

Boro filthy on Plenty for poaching some of their best young talent in Micheal Jephcott, James Love, James Norman and i believe one other yet to be confirmed JH.
James Love is a Plenty junior, only went to Boro to play 17's a few years ago and ended up playing 1st's. Jimmy Norman is one of his best mates and came along. Hardly consider it poaching

Boro filthy on Plenty for poaching some of their best young talent in Micheal Jephcott, James Love, James Norman and i believe one other yet to be confirmed JH.

Players have been swapping back and forth between Plenty and the (various) Greensborough clubs for decades, and for any number of reasons.
Davies and Pavey are a couple of recent cases that spring to mind.

James Love is a Plenty junior, only went to Boro to play 17's a few years ago and ended up playing 1st's. Jimmy Norman is one of his best mates and came along. Hardly consider it poaching

Plenty have purely and simply poached players from Greensborough. BUT well done to them. Every club is trying to win a flag, and to do so you need the players. If you don't have them coming through the ranks, then you need to look else where to get them. If that is in other clubs around the area, or from other comps, so be it.

Good luck to them, and if it is the case, the biggest concern would be for Greensborough as to why so many players will happily walk out.

Good clubs dont lose good blokes, and good blokes dont leave good clubs....generally. Plenty have positioned themselves as a disreable club, good on them.

Good clubs dont lose good blokes, and good blokes dont leave good clubs....generally. Plenty have positioned themselves as a disreable club, good on them.

I agree that people generally don't leave good clubs, but you're totally wrong with the good blokes don't leave clubs.

Some people get better opportunities at other clubs. Coaching, playing in the 1st XI, batting up the order etc. Sure there are people who club jump, and they are of poor character that you probably don't want at your club, but most leave for a better opportunity, or their financial position. There are a lot of good cricketers that I know that would really struggle financially without being paid to play cricket (or other sports). This can be to them a way of making a living.

And I will also add, that just because teams always seem to attract players, also does not mean they are well run or attractive. Some times that just have more $$$$ to offer.

I agree that people generally don't leave good clubs, but you're totally wrong with the good blokes don't leave clubs.

Some people get better opportunities at other clubs. Coaching, playing in the 1st XI, batting up the order etc. Sure there are people who club jump, and they are of poor character that you probably don't want at your club, but most leave for a better opportunity, or their financial position. There are a lot of good cricketers that I know that would really struggle financially without being paid to play cricket (or other sports). This can be to them a way of making a living.

And I will also add, that just because teams always seem to attract players, also does not mean they are well run or attractive. Some times that just have more $$$$ to offer.

fair call, but i did leave myself some leway by saying :generally". As a one club player it schitts me that blokes come and go with little concern or regard for the club they are leaving.

Back