Season 2 Squads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Season 2 Squads

Dirk Kuyt;325977 said:
So what if a squad has 11 posting players and 2 non-posters?

You need a minimum of 12, they have to keep at least 1 non poster on the board if they need to make a tactical change and they can have a second non-posting player in case two players are horribly out of form or something.

Once new players sign up, they'll delist the non-posters and acquire the new players.

It's common sense.

But they don't have 12, most have 15, which means 4 players sit out. And because of player type and stats it usually means non posters play whilst posters sit it out.

We've seen this before at BFFCL and despite the antagonism I'm receiving (plus an infraction for raising the issue) it really is important.

At BFFCL the max players are 14, but two players can have different player types in the two game formats. This is because in one dayers 5 bowlers are always needed but in tests 4 is more common (and yields better results). The net effect is that more posters get to play. Isn't that what we are aiming at?

What we've seen here in season 1 is selective delisting. Delist a non posting , non performer, and recruit someone that starts with a decent average.

Again, to stop that there is a penalty to average on BFCL for a delisted replacement, argument being that if the captain recruits a flop he has a penalty.

Now I'm not saying that this competition should follow BFFCL, but I am saying that these issues are important and need to be discussed.

Open discussion, not controlled by deletion of what one guy doesn't like.

In my side I delist players who dont post regardless of averages.

I could've kept Scottyd as he was a decent bowler but he has been delisted.

But I can see what point you are trying to make, imo its up to the captain and his courage to drop a high averaging non posting player.

Dirk Kuyt;325977 said:
You need a minimum of 12, they have to keep at least 1 non poster on the board if they need to make a tactical change and they can have a second non-posting player in case two players are horribly out of form or something.
Just read this again.

So your argument is to have two non posting players that are available to replace posting players that are out of form.

So why not make it clear. Delist the non posters and each club can be allocated an international team to choose their non posters from.

Only I don't think those dropped will be too happy.

Frodo27;326095 said:
Just read this again.

So your argument is to have two non posting players that are available to replace posting players that are out of form.

So why not make it clear. Delist the non posters and each club can be allocated an international team to choose their non posters from.

Yeah, lists all have an international team (with their real averages to choose from). I'll have Australia thanks. Ponting and Hussey in thank you very much. :rolleyes:

I delist my players when I have someone to replace them. And anything you've mentioned to do with the BFFCL, we should stay away from it for obvious reasons.

Dirk Kuyt;326108 said:
Yeah, lists all have an international team (with their real averages to choose from). I'll have Australia thanks. Ponting and Hussey in thank you very much. :rolleyes:

I delist my players when I have someone to replace them. And anything you've mentioned to do with the BFFCL, we should stay away from it for obvious reasons.

How about you debate the topic instead of personalities. BFFCL has been successfully run for 9 years now and it would be unwise to ignore the reasons why.

fred;326144 said:
How about you debate the topic instead of personalities. BFFCL has been successfully run for 9 years now and it would be unwise to ignore the reasons why.

BFFCL had been run successfully for 8 years... until now.

lpj86. make sure u keep me in the squad.
i havent been posting for a week cause my internet got cut off just to let u know.

Frodo27;326075 said:
But they don't have 12, most have 15, which means 4 players sit out. And because of player type and stats it usually means non posters play whilst posters sit it out.

In my side, non posters will miss out where possible. I will rarely, almost never leave a posting player out. The one exception was the_socialite, who missed one game only because we didn't need two all-rounder for it.

We've seen this before at BFFCL and despite the antagonism I'm receiving (plus an infraction for raising the issue) it really is important.

You received an infraction for creating a thread when you were told not to. Had you raised the issue properly in the first place no infraction would have been necessary.

At BFFCL the max players are 14, but two players can have different player types in the two game formats. This is because in one dayers 5 bowlers are always needed but in tests 4 is more common (and yields better results). The net effect is that more posters get to play. Isn't that what we are aiming at?

Obviously this is what we are aiming at. Most captains play as many of the posters as possible. IIRC you were the major offender in terms of playing non-posters. Or was that someone else?

What we've seen here in season 1 is selective delisting. Delist a non posting , non performer, and recruit someone that starts with a decent average.

Nothing wrong with that imo. Seems to be working well. Posting had increased dramatically since the start of the comp.

Again, to stop that there is a penalty to average on BFCL for a delisted replacement, argument being that if the captain recruits a flop he has a penalty.

This goes against everything you are saying. I'd rather keep the non poster than cop a hit to my average. This rule would result in a severely reduced amount of recruiting/de-listings which is the opposite of what we want.

Now I'm not saying that this competition should follow BFFCL, but I am saying that these issues are important and need to be discussed.

Open discussion, not controlled by deletion of what one guy doesn't like.

Nice one. :rolleyes:

Had you created a thread with this kind of substance as a first post that would have been fine. The way you created the first one with a one liner was poor and thus it was deleted.

I'm sorry Jolldo.

I agree with Frodo.

He knows his stuff.

roylandroos;326191 said:
lpj86. make sure u keep me in the squad.
i havent been posting for a week cause my internet got cut off just to let u know.

You're right mate, nothing to worry about. @|

Frodo27;326095 said:
Just read this again.

That is still exactly that same...

A fake non-posting player and a real non-posting play still have the same effect. It's unavoidable.

Jolldo,
As instructed I'm posting it here.

I am Left Arm Orthodox. :) If that is all okay.

I'll put in our opening post of our team thread also - Biggie

Mousey;326231 said:
That is still exactly that same...

A fake non-posting player and a real non-posting play still have the same effect. It's unavoidable.

Exactly my point.

So what would you prefer. fake/Real non posters......or allowing up to 2 player type changes in the two forms? (ie purebat tests, bowler one dayers)

Because that way more posters get a game

I'm not sure i can think of one posting player that has missed out on many games.

A real non issue imo. Who in particular has missed out on a game Frodo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back