SECA - 20/21 SEASON

The most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. Does anyone remember Bailey Park? They merged, never to be mentioned again.
Why is this the '' most ludicrous '' thing Clocker ? Has nothing to do with the history of Bailey Park, different era, different issues and not relevant. From what i'm hearing after talking with guys from both clubs, its a win win for the future, and a strategically sound decision.

Why is this the '' most ludicrous '' thing Clocker ? Has nothing to do with the history of Bailey Park, different era, different issues and not relevant. From what i'm hearing after talking with guys from both clubs, its a win win for the future, and a strategically sound decision.
The Bailey Park merger was almost identical as what is being proposed. The name Moorabbin West is gone, with the Hoops swallowing up the club.
Pretty certain Worker & McConville were playing for Brighton Union, not Brighton/Moorabbin West. Unless a big name change is being planned down the track, Moorabbin West is gone, which is sad and another nail in the Moorabbin Cricket history.
There could be quite a few more clubs looking for 'mergers' in the not too distant future. Why not just align each SECA club to a Southern Turf and be done with the charade. Just change the names and let them run the show and put in turf pitches at Hurlingham and Washington.

Anyway I will have a quiet drink at the retirement village and reminisce upon Moorabbin West.

The Bailey Park merger was almost identical as what is being proposed. The name Moorabbin West is gone, with the Hoops swallowing up the club.
Pretty certain Worker & McConville were playing for Brighton Union, not Brighton/Moorabbin West. Unless a big name change is being planned down the track, Moorabbin West is gone, which is sad and another nail in the Moorabbin Cricket history.
There could be quite a few more clubs looking for 'mergers' in the not too distant future. Why not just align each SECA club to a Southern Turf and be done with the charade. Just change the names and let them run the show and put in turf pitches at Hurlingham and Washington.

Anyway I will have a quiet drink at the retirement village and reminisce upon Moorabbin West.
Now clocker, you are obviously very misinformed and probably forgot to take your medication. Why would you suggest that SECA align with CSB ??????

Now clocker, you are obviously very misinformed and probably forgot to take your medication. Why would you suggest that SECA align with CSB ??????
Lots of rumours offseason that a few SECA Clubs were looking at moving across to CSB. Take the best and completely gut what is left of the competition.

Lots of concern about our season in this thread before we eventually got it underway. Hopefully some more positive feelings about it all now. Would be good to get some suggestions as to how to structure a mix of one and two day cricket moving forward. It's not that easy when there are some high emotions and wildly differing views between clubs and individuals. It cannot be the loudest voices prevail, it has to work for all clubs. What are the options?

that is exactly what already happened in the 19/20 season in A to E grades so nothing new there. lower grades went for slightly less at 6 of each. I reckon it would have been the same way this season without covid intervening. Only one grade (M) was not an 8 team grade last season.

I have not been on this for years!
it certainly is an interesting discussion around the make up of the fixture, having been around the comp for a considerable time, the one dayers seem to suit a lot of cricketers in the comp. could there be a chance they will leave it this way? Anything is possible with the administration!
Personally I prefer the longer form but as my name suggests I am well past it.
with the merger talk earlier, I think inevitable there will be some more and some clubs will fold, simple maths really between seca and csb there are just too many clubs in the area for all to survive in current form.

As we approach the Christmas break, how do we think the first part of the season has gone? Across the top 3 or 4 grades we have some very strong sides! the flip side of those strong starts means some clubs are struggling & will continue to struggle come the new year. The one 'positive' is that we still have 9 games remaining and being ONE DAY cricket, anything can happen.

It seems to me that having spoken to lots of people across many clubs, cricket is alive and well this season and player numbers are at their highest for years.
Bentleigh CC now has 6 senior men's XIs (two Sunday) and a women's XI, Clayton District CC was struggling to field three XIs last season and now have almost enough for four XIs (and have two extra junior teams) and I'm quite certain Parkdale United have big player numbers.
The Blaster programmes across CSB are going great guns, boding well for the future.
Without footy and other sports during the off season and kids sitting on their bums in front of screens, cricket is the big winner.

It seems to me that having spoken to lots of people across many clubs, cricket is alive and well this season and player numbers are at their highest for years.
Bentleigh CC now has 6 senior men's XIs (two Sunday) and a women's XI, Clayton District CC was struggling to field three XIs last season and now have almost enough for four XIs (and have two extra junior teams) and I'm quite certain Parkdale United have big player numbers.
The Blaster programmes across CSB are going great guns, boding well for the future.
Without footy and other sports during the off season and kids sitting on their bums in front of screens, cricket is the big winner.
You mention Clayton Districts yes there are doing well to field 3 sides on Saturday with the 3rd side been a rotation side good on them but did drop a Sunday Turf side as they were having blokes not paying subs plus lost there under 15 turf side on Sundays with players not coming back but with new junior sides coming along they can keep moving forward plus I have there have a great asset helping them and that is they have good approachable friendly hands on President and good guy as coach.

You mention Clayton Districts yes there are doing well to field 3 sides on Saturday with the 3rd side been a rotation side good on them but did drop a Sunday Turf side as they were having blokes not paying subs plus lost there under 15 turf side on Sundays with players not coming back but with new junior sides coming along they can keep moving forward plus I have there have a great asset helping them and that is they have good approachable friendly hands on President and good guy as coach.
Clayton District haven't lost their U15 turf side; they've merged with another club.
Blokes not paying subs is usually reflective of the way a club is run and the rules and processes in place around 'no pay (or train), no play'.
If clubs don't enforce payment of subs early in the season, it leads to trouble later.
Players should also show common decency and just pay their subs, just as they would pay their rent, mortgage, restaurant bill, etc.

Back