Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

Too Old Body Broke;317813 said:
Always finding different ways to get out huh? Try picking the pill up next time and throw it over the fence...

Yeah 41.... love batting. In fact its the old adage that bowlers think they can bat and batsmen think they know how to bowl.... and keepers.... well they are a different breed altogether haha

it must be the stick i gave you.

lay of my golf game...1 win in 2 years is nothing to hang your hat on...
enjoy it while it lasts, as when i am back... i will get the mantle back... How about next time we play, lets play a course you have not palyed 4 times in 2 weeks and i have not seen.

A pleasure to be out here;318128 said:
it must be the stick i gave you.

lay of my golf game...1 win in 2 years is nothing to hang your hat on...
enjoy it while it lasts, as when i am back... i will get the mantle back... How about next time we play, lets play a course you have not palyed 4 times in 2 weeks and i have not seen.

Got nothin to do with the stick mate. Its the bats fault when i dont get a run though!! You would not have made a run with it so dont say its the stick!! Great middle but. And if you were bowlin ya Farine De Villiers, I woulda tonned up!!

As for your golf... hmm.. what can I say. You shitmen... haha cracked the hundred haahahahahahahahahaha. You are only as good as your last game and you got whipped.... and you can say 1 win in the last 2 years thats cause we would only have played 3 times. When you are ready to stop carryin on like a 10 year old school boy... "played 4 times in 2 weeks" blah blah blah....

Too Old Body Broke;318489 said:
Got nothin to do with the stick mate. Its the bats fault when i dont get a run though!! You would not have made a run with it so dont say its the stick!! Great middle but. And if you were bowlin ya Farine De Villiers, I woulda tonned up!!

As for your golf... hmm.. what can I say. You shitmen... haha cracked the hundred haahahahahahahahahaha. You are only as good as your last game and you got whipped.... and you can say 1 win in the last 2 years thats cause we would only have played 3 times. When you are ready to stop carryin on like a 10 year old school boy... "played 4 times in 2 weeks" blah blah blah....

Shi*#en hey... well i guess you have bragging rights at present. dont go over board though, you had all the factors in your favour. Next round on my terms and i choose the track. maybe somewhere where there is wind.
hey why dont you get over hear and play my home course, The Black.... lets see how gets under the ton here... maybe you might just be better watching it on TV this year... leave it to me

best net bowler in the comp, ask gilbo. i am responsible for getting many a player back into form, in teh nets... As for Farnie, the boots are long gone.
Farken Great middle. good stick. its made a few, mostly off the edges...!

look after it

keep the swing up and no excuses next round

Maybe I should play a round of golf with you guys in order for both of you to feel like winners on the same day.
Todays weather will be interesting. Extreme heat policy for VTCA has it that play will cease when Melb City is 38 Degrees or more. I'd like to hear some thoughts on this. Cause other suburbs are predicted to get to 40 ie (Tulla). Melb forecast 37.

When is it too hot to play cricket? The gauge for me is when Rossy starts bowling spin. :D

I'll get in early and say, WOW. Interesting weekend results. YCCC just fell short. Youlden outright loss and RPB give Spotty top spot. Hey Schofield, anything to report about the game.

Looking ahead.
RPB v YCCC -> RPB to bounce back
SCC V YPCC -> SCC should win at home.
Druids v United -> United. (But i hope Druids can get 1st win)
MHSOB v CY's -> CY's in a close one to make interesting top 4.

Also, does anyone think that in this coming round or the last round, that teams will come together and organise a 4 innings match to maximise points and ensure finals spot. Am i just being synical about the bonus points system?

Losing team could potentially get 6 to 7 points this way?:mad:

A round of upsets! The battle for a spot in the final's has certainly opened up now.

Big result to see YC fail to chase down United. Attard, 37 odd overs and 7 for not many! Great effort! From memory he bowls pretty handy off spin, but he's not Murali. Wonder if the heat turned the track to dust?

YP's batting against us was pretty ordinary compared to earlier in the year. Before the game, we were confident that we would be competitive against them, but it was only after the 1st week that an outright crossed our mind. I reckon they need a few more bats to give the top teams a shake.

Spotty should be far too strong for YP. I haven't seen YC, but RPB seemed pretty good to me, despite last week's result, and we'll be cheering them on. United are pretty well organised and should do Druids. CY's will be doing our best v MHSOB.

It is interesting to see all the controversy re YP's declaration in the Snr Div. I have never had even a light hearted approach from another skipper in the 2's sounding out a declaration with a wink or a nod. The bonus points are there and I think each side will act in their own interest to get as many as they can. If that means declaring and trying to get some wickets, good on them. If they get a "promise" from the oppostion for a sporting declaration, or not to enforce a follow on, that's another thing. I'd hope that this would not happen in our comp. The fact that the top teams are playing each other in the final rounds, limits the chances.

A pleasure to be out here;318752 said:
Shi*#en hey... well i guess you have bragging rights at present. dont go over board though, you had all the factors in your favour. Next round on my terms and i choose the track. maybe somewhere where there is wind.
hey why dont you get over hear and play my home course, The Black.... lets see how gets under the ton here... maybe you might just be better watching it on TV this year... leave it to me

best net bowler in the comp, ask gilbo. i am responsible for getting many a player back into form, in teh nets... As for Farnie, the boots are long gone.
Farken Great middle. good stick. its made a few, mostly off the edges...!

look after it

keep the swing up and no excuses next round

I will live it up until you beat me again..... and it may very well be the next game we play, and that may end up being in 12 months. As for you choosing the track, go right ahead. Happy to beat you anywhere. And dont mentioned the wind cause if you recall, it was blowin a gale at Eynesbury and it didnt help you then... 106 hahahaha.. look forward to our next outing.

Miss seeing the Farnie's mate. They were responsible for my tight abs back then through the laughter...

Yes it does have a great middle, I just to have to find it.

Play straight.

jacko66;320000 said:
A round of upsets! The battle for a spot in the final's has certainly opened up now.

Big result to see YC fail to chase down United. Attard, 37 odd overs and 7 for not many! Great effort! From memory he bowls pretty handy off spin, but he's not Murali. Wonder if the heat turned the track to dust?

YP's batting against us was pretty ordinary compared to earlier in the year. Before the game, we were confident that we would be competitive against them, but it was only after the 1st week that an outright crossed our mind. I reckon they need a few more bats to give the top teams a shake.

Spotty should be far too strong for YP. I haven't seen YC, but RPB seemed pretty good to me, despite last week's result, and we'll be cheering them on. United are pretty well organised and should do Druids. CY's will be doing our best v MHSOB.

It is interesting to see all the controversy re YP's declaration in the Snr Div. I have never had even a light hearted approach from another skipper in the 2's sounding out a declaration with a wink or a nod. The bonus points are there and I think each side will act in their own interest to get as many as they can. If that means declaring and trying to get some wickets, good on them. If they get a "promise" from the oppostion for a sporting declaration, or not to enforce a follow on, that's another thing. I'd hope that this would not happen in our comp. The fact that the top teams are playing each other in the final rounds, limits the chances.

Congrats Jacko on keeping your finals hopes alive. Very interesting last couple of rounds, thats fo sho.

As for declarations, mate if they make the rules with bonus points etc, all you can do is play within them. Lets not forget that YP were 8fa 80 and were more than likely gonna get done on first innings anyhow, and probably outright.

Cougar;319986 said:
I'll get in early and say, WOW. Interesting weekend results. YCCC just fell short. Youlden outright loss and RPB give Spotty top spot. Hey Schofield, anything to report about the game.

Looking ahead.
RPB v YCCC -> RPB to bounce back
SCC V YPCC -> SCC should win at home.
Druids v United -> United. (But i hope Druids can get 1st win)
MHSOB v CY's -> CY's in a close one to make interesting top 4.

Also, does anyone think that in this coming round or the last round, that teams will come together and organise a 4 innings match to maximise points and ensure finals spot. Am i just being synical about the bonus points system?

Losing team could potentially get 6 to 7 points this way?:mad:

Nothing in particular to report from the RPB v MH game. Top order didnt get enough runs and put too much pressure on the boys down the order, who ended making a pretty good fist of it. When chasing 250+ you probably need someone to get 75+ and anchor the innings, unfortunately no one was able to that. CYS look to be a big chance to play finals now, with probably one of yarravile, youlden or ourselves to make way depending on results in the last 2 rounds. Hopefully depending on injuries, we should get a couple of bats back this week and rebound against the yarraville boys who also have a lot to play for. This weekend's results definitely make for a very interesting end to the season...

Too Old Body Broke;320044 said:
I will live it up until you beat me again..... and it may very well be the next game we play, and that may end up being in 12 months. As for you choosing the track, go right ahead. Happy to beat you anywhere. And dont mentioned the wind cause if you recall, it was blowin a gale at Eynesbury and it didnt help you then... 106 hahahaha.. look forward to our next outing.
Miss seeing the Farnie's mate. They were responsible for my tight abs back then through the laughter...

Yes it does have a great middle, I just to have to find it.

Play straight.

Do you reckon I could get an invite to this game? Not only do I reckon I could beat 106 (nett?......) on most days on most tracks, the banter alone would be worth the green fees. Not sure I could add much, just laugh along. Could probably even line up a few caddies.

TOBB, thanks for the congrats re the weekend. Naturally, we were pretty happy, but now we've got to win a couple more or it counts for nought. Anders didn't give you enough overs to get the wickets I predicted. Saving it all up for the finals?

jacko66;320091 said:
Do you reckon I could get an invite to this game? Not only do I reckon I could beat 106 (nett?......) on most days on most tracks, the banter alone would be worth the green fees. Not sure I could add much, just laugh along. Could probably even line up a few caddies.

TOBB, thanks for the congrats re the weekend. Naturally, we were pretty happy, but now we've got to win a couple more or it counts for nought. Anders didn't give you enough overs to get the wickets I predicted. Saving it all up for the finals?

Happy for you to come along. He does play the banter very well. Not afraid to say he would have me covered in that dept. Has had alot of practice, not only for golf, but cricket too. Very funny, almost cheeky. We have had some crackin rounds, with plenty of stories of "local rules" and the like.

Mate I had enough overs. Not good enough. Hopefully they come out alright come finals and I get a few. Just happy to be helping out and winning. Druids seemed to have no idea with our leggie. Food for thought....

Hello boys. First time writer, long time reader. FYI TOBB last time I played golf with " Mr Pleasure" was at Royal Spotty where I lost a long driving contest and putted nude. Your right he talked a good game but as slugga always reminded him "dont leave it in the room nuts". Could bat a bit 2, good 100 in GF a few years back.

jika jika;320442 said:
Hello boys. First time writer, long time reader. FYI TOBB last time I played golf with " Mr Pleasure" was at Royal Spotty where I lost a long driving contest and putted nude. Your right he talked a good game but as slugga always reminded him "dont leave it in the room nuts". Could bat a bit 2, good 100 in GF a few years back.

G'day Jike and welcome. That's 2 for him to tell the kids about: 100 in a GF and 106 at Eynesbury!

jika jika;320442 said:

Gday Jika,

Ahhh Royal Spotty. Have seen him back 1 out on the 3rd, straight into the hole. Piece of work he is. Funny but.

No doubt he could bat. Saw him hook a guy by the name of Weaver many years ago. Weaver used to bowl smoke and he got him away about 4-5 times through or over fine leg. I am sure he has never forgotten or let me forget it.

You blokes are travelling well atm. I have always said that if you are un-defeated going into the last 3 rounds, a loss just before finals is not a bad thing, straighten all the boys up a bit. Good luck for the rest of the year mate.

jacko66;320000 said:

Pitch was an absolute road.

thepmwearsgreentrackiesto;320516 Pitch was an absolute road.[/QUOTE said:
Attard is the short guy that bowls offies isn't he? Must have bowled bloody well, or the bats treated them like hand grenades.

jacko66;320550 said:
Attard is the short guy that bowls offies isn't he? Must have bowled bloody well, or the bats treated them like hand grenades.

he bowled ok, mixes it up well. took a few good wickets, but batters also gave there wickets away

Massive last 2 rounds coming up. However, with 43 predicted this Sat, could be a 1 dayer next week.

RPB v YC. Have to go with RPB here. Should be a good battle between YC bowling attack and RP batting. Home ground advantage will see them over the line.

Spotty v YP. YP pulled off a great win against us last time. We struggled to get early wickets and with plenty in the shed, they chased down 190 well. Hopefully we can get them on the ropes early and get up.

WCYMS v Druids. I would think if CY's are fair dinkum about playing finals, they should account for Druids. Great effort by CY's last game and should continue on to press for finals.

MH v Sunny United. Both teams had wins last game so hard to pick. Go with United I think. Be interesting to see how Attard performs after his great figures last game. Will have their tails up and again, playing at home should get over the line.

Good luck to all.

Too Old Body Broke;320512 said:
Gday Jika,

Ahhh Royal Spotty. Have seen him back 1 out on the 3rd, straight into the hole. Piece of work he is. Funny but.

No doubt he could bat. Saw him hook a guy by the name of Weaver many years ago. Weaver used to bowl smoke and he got him away about 4-5 times through or over fine leg. I am sure he has never forgotten or let me forget it.

You blokes are travelling well atm. I have always said that if you are un-defeated going into the last 3 rounds, a loss just before finals is not a bad thing, straighten all the boys up a bit. Good luck for the rest of the year mate.

We've all heard the Weaver story plenty of times over a beer. He was real quick and slightly mental when he played at Sth Melb about 30 yrs ago. Shit im showing my age now. We got flogged by Hoppers, but this result now could deflate a few big heads in our side. Anyway, dont want to talk about the ones, Senior centrals is where the action is. Our blokes have found a bit of form, but consistency will be their problem. Your blokes look well equiped to have a good finish to the season, although Jacko tells me RPB are pretty handy also. YP cant be as bad as they went on the weekend and YC seem to have a bit of depth. Should be a good last 2 rounds. One of our young blokes was telling me earlier in the season about this old quick from Spotty and how scary he was. TRUE STORY

Back