Senior Central 2nds

Re: Senior Central 2nds

Too Old Body Broke;321512 said:
Massive last 2 rounds coming up. However, with 43 predicted this Sat, could be a 1 dayer next week.

RPB v YC. Have to go with RPB here. Should be a good battle between YC bowling attack and RP batting. Home ground advantage will see them over the line.

Spotty v YP. YP pulled off a great win against us last time. We struggled to get early wickets and with plenty in the shed, they chased down 190 well. Hopefully we can get them on the ropes early and get up.

WCYMS v Druids. I would think if CY's are fair dinkum about playing finals, they should account for Druids. Great effort by CY's last game and should continue on to press for finals.

MH v Sunny United. Both teams had wins last game so hard to pick. Go with United I think. Be interesting to see how Attard performs after his great figures last game. Will have their tails up and again, playing at home should get over the line.

Good luck to all.

TOBB, I think that you've got the rounds mixed up for the last 2 games. This round its MH v CY's and Druids v United. Then its the games that you refer to above in the last round.

We're looking forward to MH. They had a good win last week on the back of Otis getting a heap. We'll need to get a few key wickets. United should be too good for Druids, although we all saw that Druids did better than expected v you guys.

Spotty to get up over YP and RPB over YC.

jacko66;321905 said:
TOBB, I think that you've got the rounds mixed up for the last 2 games. This round its MH v CY's and Druids v United. Then its the games that you refer to above in the last round.

We're looking forward to MH. They had a good win last week on the back of Otis getting a heap. We'll need to get a few key wickets. United should be too good for Druids, although we all saw that Druids did better than expected v you guys.

Spotty to get up over YP and RPB over YC.

This Otis bloke seems to smash plenty of runs in MH's 2nds but doesn't seem to play in the ones. They could sure use another bat as they try to avoid relegation. Is there a reason anyone knows why he's mostly in the twos

jika jika;323076 said:
This Otis bloke seems to smash plenty of runs in MH's 2nds but doesn't seem to play in the ones. They could sure use another bat as they try to avoid relegation. Is there a reason anyone knows why he's mostly in the twos

Jike,

He did play one's against us at the start of last season (one of the games when the selectors got it wrong and you played in the 2's.) He got a few runs then and I was surprised to see him in the 2's later on that year. As far as I know he's been there ever since and now captains them.

jacko66;323155 said:
Jike,

He did play one's against us at the start of last season (one of the games when the selectors got it wrong and you played in the 2's.) He got a few runs then and I was surprised to see him in the 2's later on that year. As far as I know he's been there ever since and now captains them.

Otis is the most likeable bloke in the comp. He is playing 2's basically at his own request and is also in need of an operation on his hand, which was injured in a story that will only make him even more likeable. As for him playing 1's, it has really been the bowling that has struggled more than the batting. He would rather see younger guys who have a chance for a long career in the 1st XI get a chance to play there. Snedden is the skipper oif the 2's, but is one of those younger guys given the opportunity in the ones after making a couple of scores.

Vicious and Well Directed;323187 said:
Otis is the most likeable bloke in the comp. He is playing 2's basically at his own request and is also in need of an operation on his hand, which was injured in a story that will only make him even more likeable. As for him playing 1's, it has really been the bowling that has struggled more than the batting. He would rather see younger guys who have a chance for a long career in the 1st XI get a chance to play there. Snedden is the skipper oif the 2's, but is one of those younger guys given the opportunity in the ones after making a couple of scores.

fair enough. Nice to see the club look after a loyal servant.

So, now we've got a one-dayer this weekend. Does it change anyone's predictions for what is an important round?

Obviously, it is easier to get up in a one-dayer without the depth (particularly bowling without restrictions on overs) needed for 80 overs. I'll stick with Spotty, RPB (just) and United to win, with CY's hopeful of a good showing.

jacko66;323538 said:
So, now we've got a one-dayer this weekend. Does it change anyone's predictions for what is an important round?

Obviously, it is easier to get up in a one-dayer without the depth (particularly bowling without restrictions on overs) needed for 80 overs. I'll stick with Spotty, RPB (just) and United to win, with CY's hopeful of a good showing.

Gday Jacko,

Love 1 dayers, not as hard on the body. To answer your question re selections, well I guess I have to change mine haha. I am going with RPB, Spotty, Druids and CY's. And "hopeful of a good showing"? Come on, stick ya neck out!! Bloody spinners, all the same! Good luck.

When you can't knock blokes heads off, you need to think a bit more and be careful what you say. Just look at how Jike has developed since he joined the good side and started bowling spin! Clearly seen by his intelligent contribution to the payments debate. It's not too late for you TOBB! If we are lucky enough to come up against you in a semi, I'll look forward to seeing you bowl nothing but spin.

Hopefully, before then we'll see you down at the joker draw to buy you a beer.

DizzyGillepsie;323963 said:
c'mon rossy, start bowling spin... give blokes like me a chance to actually see the ball :)

When you can't knock blokes heads off, you need to think a bit more and be careful what you say. Just look at how Jike has developed since he joined the good side and started bowling spin! Clearly seen by his intelligent contribution to the payments debate. It's not too late for you TOBB! If we are lucky enough to come up against you in a semi, I'll look forward to seeing you bowl nothing but spin.

Alot would say I bowl spin now, including Rhino. My spinners have been improving in the nets of late. Dizz, I'll give you a look tomorrow night, just dont smash em and sap my confidence please.

Yeah hopefully will be able to get down there for your joker draw. Got Dizzy's bux night the nioght before so will no doubt be very scratchy.

Too Old Body Broke;324073 said:

Alot would say I bowl spin now, including Rhino. My spinners have been improving in the nets of late. Dizz, I'll give you a look tomorrow night, just dont smash em and sap my confidence please.

Yeah hopefully will be able to get down there for your joker draw. Got Dizzy's bux night the nioght before so will no doubt be very scratchy.

I cant believe i didnt get an invite Dizz.

Your mate Mick Megne.

Too Old Body Broke;324073 said:

don't worry mate, i'm harmless, you need to worry about mcfiend and co :D

Too Old Body Broke;324702 said:
Fooey, are you out there?? Been quiet lately.

they have closed ranks following their pathetic performance
from 1st +2nds both outright in same game,have you heard
ive any other club that has happened too i havnt

Well with 1 week left, the 4 is not settled. However with CY's losing (surprise result you would have to say?), it will only be a matter of who finishes where.

In our game, YP would have been happy to chase 148. They bowled a very good line for 40 overs and did not give Spotty a chance to un-leash. However, in their run chase, at 4/28 and then 8/86, it proved to be too much. It was great to see the YP players sitting in as umpire giving 3 of their own out lbw. Congrats boys on a good competitive game. A few clubs/players should take note that just because there is no umpire doesn't mean you can take the lbw law out of the game. YP now face RPB in a "love thy neighbour" match in the last round.

Appears YC are going along nicely and would be warm fav's for the flag. Looking at the scorebook, accounted for RPB easily. Looking forward to fronting up against them this game at YC

Jacko, care to let us in on what took place on Sat?

p.s. Foo, great job as central umpire, could be a career after you finish playing. Got all the signals and motions down pat.:D

Yeah TOBB, dissapointing result for us on the weekend, which makes it much more difficult to reach the finals.

It's a bit of a pain that MHSOB don't enter scores on the web, so I'll give you a quick summary.

We batted poorly, too many cheap wickets with only one decent partnership and then a bit of a flurry at the end getting us to 160 odd. We wanted more, but figured that if we bowled well early we could put pressure on them and get up. All looked to be going to plan when we got Otis cheaply then had them 5 for 50 odd from memory. A couple of guys started swinging at just about everything, played and missed most of them at first then started to get bat on ball and get away from us. Some old spinner brought himself on to try to break the partnership but ended up getting carted and it was nearly all over. They passed us 6 or 7 down with about 7 overs to spare.

While we could argue that if we'd had a bit of luck early in the partnership we might have run through them like you did YP, you'd have to say that MH deserved to win. We had periods where we were on top, but not as many as MH.

We found YP to be pretty good with the ball last game (bowl straight, vary their pace well etc.) We really only got right on top of them in one partnership between our 2 best bats last game. However, their batting was pretty weak against us and I'm not surprised that they struggled to chase against your bowling line up. A few wickets for TOBB, well done! Opened the bowling with offies due to broken body I suppose?

I don't reckon Spotty can claim underdog status for the flag just yet. Let's wait and see how you and YC shape up against each other next round.

Too Old Body Broke;325687 said:
Well with 1 week left, the 4 is not settled.

HI TOBB,

You'd have to say that unless Spotty lose outright they should hold top spot. 11 pts difference.
Makes for an exciting last round though. CY's to play Druids and needing an outright. RPB V's YP with possibly one to miss out if CY's deliver.

I hope YP make it. We've had some good battles against them and i hope we can meet in the finals.

And BTW, why didn't you try your offies. I reckon with that loop, turn and occasional full bunga you would've had 5 fa.

It's not just Fooey that's gone quiet, the "pleasure" man hasn't chipped in from NYC for a while. Baseball must be too exciting?

Back