Senior Division 10/11

re: Senior Division 10/11

ImpartialOnlooker;394346 said:
game moved to port melbourne!

What a WIN brought in 52 point rule,then ICE rule, then move the Grand Final
rule what next Drug Rule ill give you a rule get rid of Yccc no good for the comp:D:p

century scorer;394451 said:
rule what next Drug Rule ill give you a rule get rid of Yccc no good for the comp:D:p

seriously.... Did you even watch the game? 4 days of great cricket! played in great spirit, especially today considering the circumstances!

century scorer;394451 said:

With a clearly warped jeolousy as you obviously have, Mr Plod may like to know more about how you feel and what you would do.
What next?...get rid of every male with a bigger appendage than you...ban everyone driving cars that are better than yours...fire everyone who has a better job than you...
How many clubs do we have to get rid of before your lot win by default instead of talent.
Narrow mind, bitter and twisted people like yourself are the only things we should look to get rid of.
Anyone who truely loves cricket would have been thrilled with the match that was played.

Well done to the VTCA in getting a quality game of cricket finished that befitted the Grand Final.

To the AWStC club...win it in your own right and don't worry about conditions!!

I remember playing in the "olden days" before covers were introduced and many a local shower impacted on a result especially down south.

Numerous clubs reputations preceeded them....and it was always win the toss and bat, at least you knew it would then be fair.

Nowadays....no excuses, and people must think we all came down in the "last shower"....not to know what really happended.

century scorer;394335 said:
Breaking news wicket dug up Game over

Vic Police can confirm that one G.Turner was arrested for drunken behaviour in the early hours of Sunday morning. We recieved calls of a drunken man staggering over the West Gate bridge at approx 4.15am with what we believe to be a blue eski in one hand filled with beer and ice blocks and a garden shovel in the other hand.
Vic Police soon found G.Turner at 5.05am passed out in a near by cricket field hiding under some green covers. Only a blue eski was recovered from the scene. We believe the contents of that eski had been drunk by one G.Turner.
On the way back to Williamstown police station, Turner was mumbling words "bloody yarraville club" before passing out again.

Re: Senior Division 10/11

So who is going to be in the top 4 this season? My picks are Y.C.C.C (Bias) ,Airport West, Greenvale and Bentliegh ( if they can handle the travel ). Going to be some awesome games this year as I think that the points cap will start to take effect in the coming seasons. Thoughts?

Yep agree with that Bakes (although do not know much about Greenvale). Also wouldn't discount Sth Caulfield although the loss of Ash Russell will hurt. THink McKinnon will do their usual and finish middle of the table.

The ManUtd of the VTCA, YCCC to be up there again then as will AirportWest, Greenvale and maybe Bentleigh with the Aston Villa of the comp mckinnon missing the top 4 again! Think South Caulfield might be one side looking at a bit of a slide..

Troy;403743 said:
The ManUtd of the VTCA, YCCC to be up there again then as will AirportWest, Greenvale and maybe Bentleigh with the Aston Villa of the comp mckinnon missing the top 4 again! Think South Caulfield might be one side looking at a bit of a slide..

Sth Caulfield may struggle, if Ash has left and they are advertising for players to fill significant positions (opening bat, bowler and keeper). All depends on who they get as C/C and which Poms they bring out...

Bakes 2010;403728 said:
So who is going to be in the top 4 this season? My picks are Y.C.C.C (Bias) ,Airport West, Greenvale and Bentliegh ( if they can handle the travel ). Going to be some awesome games this year as I think that the points cap will start to take effect in the coming seasons. Thoughts?

I think keilor will make the finals,apparently picked up
3 very handy players that a District and Sub district side were chasing.

southern sledge;403836 said:
3 poms, Daykin, Boyle and Mckay thats quite a few points, must be close to 40 odd

I am sure they are aware of that. But the beauty is, you can play some kids as well. Even if they aren't ready for it.... throw em in there and see if they can swim..

My beloved Clubbers and also Airport West would be at a short price to make the Four. I agree with Bentleigh being there and one of three or four for the other spot ... Bakes is probably right and that Greenvale might be the other team there.

I see Sth Caulfield have names Anthony Grey as their 1st XI Captain and Anthony Clarke-Brown as Senior Coach (have not heard of him before but that's not to say he isn't reputable).

Grey only played 3 matches last season due to injury, but made 150 runs.

Thats good to hear for Sth Caulfield. They need to find a new go to man/men now that Ash has left. Hopefully the younger guys can stand up for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't out ... the WACA only circulated their draft fixtures on Monday so the VTCA may be on a similar timeline, especially with the condition of grounds having footy on them to deal with.

Back